Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Send Topic Print
Cat Stevens vs Salman Rushdie (Read 13934 times)
Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Cat Stevens vs Salman Rushdie
Reply #30 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 9:16pm

Aussie wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 9:00pm:
Well, 'we' could, but he seems not interested in questions unless he is asking them.  On this very Forum, we have people who wish death on Muslims, even one who urges the killing of every Muslim man, woman and child.....not a murmur........ let alone a call for an arrest ~ yet some person who can sing who urges death on a non Muslim guy is somehow grabbing the attention of the Members here.

Confusing, I know.

It's confusing, Aussie, but it all makes sense once you understand Effende's platform of sustainability.

The tinted races, you see, pollute our country with all their nonsense and must be curbed at all costs. The Musel ones are the worst, so we have to cull them first. Advocating for this policy is our democratic right, if not our calling. After all, we're protecting the freedom of decent white people everywhere.

It's Homo's democratic right to tell us to kill that hideous Yassmin woman. As Effende says, she deserves everything she gets. After all, she's a tinted Muslim and she said we should remember people in refugee camps. Of course people want to rape and kill her.

Cat Stevens, on the other hand, is a devious traitor. He turned his back on decent white people everywhere when he became a bearded Muslim numptie. Defending him is no more than spineless apologism. Defending Homo, Herbie, Matty, the old boy, Sprint and Gordon is about fighting for the rights of the superior white man. Do you see?

Sustainability, innit. Freeeedom. Effende has every right not to answer questions, but do you know?

He doesn't really have to. We know exactly what he means without him saying a thing.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #31 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 9:16pm

Karnal for the sake of argument,  let's pretend Cat was naive and just parroting islamic rules.

What does that say about the mosque he attended where no doubt he would have discussed the matter?

What does it say about the obedience to Islam that makes a seemingly sensitive and intelligent man like him say such a thing?

IBI

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #32 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 9:24pm

Aussie wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 8:46pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 8:43pm:
Aussie wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 8:37pm:
Karnal, on the matter of arrest, does it matter whether it is said by a household name on national  tv or a nobody on an obscure message board?  Does it mean that nobodies can incite slaughter and get away with it?

I am curious?

Oh, I'd say inciting slaughter is only inciting slaughter if there's a slaughter.

But that's just me.

So....why would Mr Stevens need arresting then?  Has Mr Rushdie been slaughtered?

So many questions.

Just Muslims joking around eh Aussie?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salman_Rushdie#Failed_assassination_attempt_and_He
zbollah's_comments

Quote:
A bounty was offered for Rushdie's death, and he was thus forced to live under police protection for several years. On 7 March 1989, the United Kingdom and Iran broke diplomatic relations over the Rushdie controversy.

The publication of the book and the fatwā sparked violence around the world, with bookstores firebombed. Muslim communities in several nations in the West held public rallies, burning copies of the book. Several people associated with translating or publishing the book were attacked, seriously injured, and even killed.

Many more people died in riots in some countries.

On 3 August 1989, while Mustafa Mahmoud Mazeh was priming a book bomb loaded with RDX explosive in a hotel in Paddington, Central London, the bomb exploded prematurely, destroying two floors of the hotel and killing Mazeh. A previously unknown Lebanese group, the Organization of the Mujahidin of Islam, said he died preparing an attack "on the apostate Rushdie".

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #33 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 9:34pm

Gordon wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 9:16pm:
Karnal for the sake of argument,  let's pretend Cat was naive and just parroting islamic rules.

What does that say about the mosque he attended where no doubt he would have discussed the matter?

What does it say about the obedience to Islam that makes a seemingly sensitive and intelligent man like him say such a thing?

Indeed - I've always wondered why The Cat seemed to develop such a serious chasm in his soul that he needed to convert to Islam.... with all of its obvious discrepancies and its fixed constellations of belief which are in direct opposition to the mechanisms of the Universe.... which he seemed, in his works, to border on in many ways....

Perhaps staring into the open fires of the stars naked was too much for his tender soul, so he sought refuge in a (wait one - edit) the shallow grave of a shallow belief system in which he could turn the earth over himself and thus not suffer the blaze of Infinity by covering his eyes to its Truth ... like Icarus, he seems to have risen to a dizzying height only to fall to Earth and be devoured by base soil....

Man - I turn a good phrase at times... I like these ones.... that's just my soul touching heaven there...... same as Cat in some ways... except he let go of the controls and fell to earth like David Bowie in that movie.....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 9:41pm

Gordon wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 9:05pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 8:58pm:
Gordon wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 8:46pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 8:43pm:
Aussie wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 8:37pm:
Karnal, on the matter of arrest, does it matter whether it is said by a household name on national  tv or a nobody on an obscure message board?  Does it mean that nobodies can incite slaughter and get away with it?

I am curious?

Oh, I'd say inciting slaughter is only inciting slaughter if there's a slaughter.

But that's just me.

Yeah a internationally known household name reaching an audience of millions has the same effect as 5 people reading it here.

What effect did it have on Rushdie? Care to say?

Not a very nice one, Gordon. I don't think Cat Stevens is very proud of it either. He says he was just having a chuckle.

You know, the way you and Matty and Homo excuse your porkies and mishtakes when you're caught out.

Yeah, there was a big gap between the first time he saidnit until he appeared on Hupothellticals.

It's the biggest stain on Stevens' name. It makes him look like a completely brainwashed fool, which of course he was.

He's coming out of that now, but it's interesting to hear his rationale for it. He says he needed to be a fundamentalist for a period of time - he doesn't dismiss fundamentalism itself.

He clearly regrets his support for the Rushdie fatwa.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 9:44pm

It says a lot. I can't stand that brainwashed authoritarianism, let's call it what it is.

But let's also try to understand it. Cat Stevens is also a bright and intelligent guy.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #36 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 9:46pm

“If a madman were to come into this room with a stick in his hand, no doubt we should pity the state of his mind; but our primary consideration would be to take care of ourselves.  We should knock him down first, and pity him afterwards.”

- Samuel Johnson (1709-1784), British author.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #37 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 9:47pm

Quote:

I don't think so.  Seemed very real to me.  No less than a call made here that every Muslim man woman and child ought be killed.

Where is your outrage about that Effendi?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 9:49pm

Aussie wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 9:47pm:
Quote:

I don't think so.  Seemed very real to me.  No less than a call made here that every Muslim man woman and child ought be killed.

Outrage? Effende's never said what he thinks about that.

But we know.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #39 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 9:49pm

Quote:

That's outrageous.

Happy now?

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #40 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 9:54pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 9:44pm:

It says a lot. I can't stand that brainwashed authoritarianism, let's call it what it is.

But let's also try to understand it. Cat Stevens is also a bright and intelligent guy.

If islam can have that effect on Stevens it's no surprise there are so many violent islamic crazies.

Islam is dangerous.

IBI

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 10:07pm

freediver wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 9:49pm:
Quote:

That's outrageous.

Happy now?

Strange. You've never told Gordon or Homo or Herbie or old boy or Sprint that (since 2007).

You ignored the outrageousness and asked Mothra if prawns feel pain and JS what sound a jellyfish makes and Gandalf why he calls Jews a mindless collective.

Once you get the answer to that, I guess, you can go back to being the 2007 FD again.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #42 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 10:11pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 10:07pm:
Quote:

That's outrageous.

Happy now?

Strange. You've never told Gordon or Homo or Herbie or old boy or Sprint that (since 2007).

You ignored the outrageousness and asked Mothra if prawns feel pain and JS what sound a jellyfish makes and Gandalf why he calls Jews a mindless collective.

Once you get the answer to that, I guess, you can go back to being the 2007 FD again.

That's not a question Karnal.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 10:11pm

Gordon wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 9:54pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 9:44pm:

If islam can have that effect on Stevens it's no surprise there are so many violent islamic crazies.

Islam is dangerous.

I look at it differently. Islam did not turn Stevens into a violent and crazy guy. It turned him into a non-thinking, compliant guy.

He hasn't come out of Islam like a cult victim, railing and rallying against it. Instead, he's kept his faith and moderated his views.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 10:12pm

freediver wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 10:11pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 10:07pm:
Quote:

That's outrageous.

Happy now?

That's not a question Karnal.

Sometimes a statement is just a statement.

Would you like a question?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Send Topic Print