Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Berejiklian's Light Rail Disaster (Read 8586 times)
Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Re: Berejiklian's Light Rail Disaster
Reply #45 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 9:18pm

Bam wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 9:10pm:
Valkie wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 9:01pm:
Lost count on how many times I was nearly run into, cut off and had stooopid pedestrians walk out in front of me like zombies

How many of the zombified pedestrians were staring into screens of technology as they were crossing the road?

It has one advantage though ... at least it will accelerate the evolution of humanity as the stupid zombies are wiped out by cars.

Libtard voters getting their daily fix of dummies telegraph

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #46 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 8:40am

Bam wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 9:10pm:
Valkie wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 9:01pm:
Lost count on how many times I was nearly run into, cut off and had stooopid pedestrians walk out in front of me like zombies

How many of the zombified pedestrians were staring into screens of technology as they were crossing the road?

It has one advantage though ... at least it will accelerate the evolution of humanity as the stupid zombies are wiped out by cars.

I observed that nearly every pedestrian was staring into a screen or had ear plugs in.
Every time I stopped at lights, (every 2.5 seconds) pedestrian observation ensued with my wife and I noting the use of these things.

Perhaps some were being used as guides
But the weirdest was the three Asian girls all of who has earphones all plugged into the same phone.
I have seen dual headphone setups before, but never three.
They were huddled together walking down the road in Haymarket, I did a double take.

But on the plus side
There were quite a few nice legs thanks to the short skirts and shorts.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 11:42am

Valkie wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 8:40am:
I observed that nearly every pedestrian was staring into a screen or had ear plugs in.
Every time I stopped at lights, (every 2.5 seconds) pedestrian observation ensued with my wife and I noting the use of these things.

Two words: air horns.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #48 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 8:41am

Gladys Berejiklian has led New South Wales down an ever crumbling road. It is one thing to start up major project it is another altogether to ensure that such project are properly funded and managed

In his area Berejiklian is batting zero

She may as well hand over to Government to Luke Foley Labor now because this Government is higher than a dead skunk

IP Logged

Stig

>_<

Reply #49 - May 3rd, 2018 at 12:01pm

red baron wrote on Apr 18th, 2018 at 8:41am:
Gladys Berejiklian has led New South Wales down an ever crumbling road. It is one thing to start up major project it is another altogether to ensure that such project are properly funded and managed

In his area Berejiklian is batting zero

She may as well hand over to Government to Luke Foley Labor now because this Government is higher than a dead skunk

Well at least if Foley was running the place we wouldn't have to worry about new transport projects running overtime because NSW Labor wouldn't build anything. Just like the last time they ran NSW.

IP Logged

Stig

>_<

Reply #50 - May 3rd, 2018 at 12:07pm

Dnarever wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 10:51am:
I see the macquarie park line downgrade as a bigger issue. Sydneys newest fully operational train line is closing down to be changed to light rail for political reasons alone.

Going from 4 trains per hour to one train every four minutes is an upgrade for most people.

This is a train line that cost a fortune to put in place, completed only a relatively few years ago with a profitable life expectancy of at least 70 years.

It's also a line that was half-finished, too steep for some rolling stock, skipped a station at Lindfield TAFE and resulted in a reduction in services on two other main lines in order to run it.

Now the government want to spend billions to completely change it to an automated light rail system in order to undermine the train unions. That is it the whole reason for spending a fortune to replace new infrastructure with a very dubious alternative that is unlikely to produce anywhere near the same standards of service.

There is no conspiracy to "undermine train unions". The global standard in new metro systems is driverless. We're getting driverless. This is a good thing.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print