Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Africans on the loose
Apr 12th, 2018 at 3:59pm

Unleash the hounds, I say!

More African athletes disappear at Games after government warning

A men's squash pairing from Sierra Leone have become the latest African athletes to miss their event at the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games.

Hours after Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton warned athletes who breached their visa conditions they'd be tracked down, locked up and deported, Sierra Leone's Ernest Jombla and Yusif Mansaray did not appear for their men's doubles match on Thursday morning.

Jombla and Mansaray's disappearance meant India's Ramit Tandon and Vikram Malhotra were handed a walkover in the Pool F clash.

Games officials have confirmed a Rwandan athlete, two Ugandans and potentially one Ghanaian are also missing in action.

The news comes after Cameroon revealed on Wednesday eight of its 42-strong Games team are missing, including two boxers who failed to appear for their events.

Mr Dutton said most Games athletes were on visas that remained valid until mid-May, but he was concerned by two instances in which athletes missed their events at the Games "when that was the reason they were here".

He said they were "taking the mickey".

"The compliance officers will be out there, I promise, tracking these people down and they'll be deported as quickly as possible," he told Macquarie Radio on Thursday.

"If they don't want to be held in detention or locked up at the local watch house, they'd better jump on a plane before the 15th and comply with their visas conditions."

Mr Dutton said if any of the missing athletes claimed protection status, Border Force would test each case.

"These people and others that might have a similar objective need to hear this message very clearly - they aren't going to game the system," he said.

Commonwealth Games boss Peter Beattie said while the athletes' visas allow them to spend time enjoying Australia, they should return to their home country as scheduled.

"We encourage people to get a visa, come here and compete, stay a little while after, spend some money in this country and then go home, and that's our position," Mr Beattie told ABC Radio.
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/commonwealth-games-2018/more-african-athletes-disap...

IBI

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Africans on the loose
Reply #1 - Apr 12th, 2018 at 5:28pm

What a flop this games is.
Gold coast is a ghost town. Small buisiness is suffering because they told us to stay away....find altetnate ways of getting around, work from home if you can, take holidays, basically stay away from the gold coast. They dropped the speed limits on the hwy to create a cluster fkkk, and the coppers are raking in massive figures for catching speeding motorists (they were like flies to a dog turd) put those stupid "Gold Coast" light signs in that cost a fortune, and you cant even read it  Grin and all the post turtles have to say is that it will hold a legacy the same as brisbane did. Like bugger it will.
Waste of money, and now the hunt begins to send these escapees back to where they come from....more wasted money.
Peter beatie...more wasted money.  Grin

Disastrous.
But that is to be expected from that tacky place.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #2 - Apr 12th, 2018 at 9:03pm

These athletes obviously want to stay here - more illegal immigrants.....

I hope they get a fair hearing and a fair vetting... but then - that raises the spectre of 'economic refugees' that want to come here....  WHY would they want to live here if their own nation was so good to them?

Are we to give Australian citizenship to athletes, so they can enhance our national teams in international competition - like Kostya Tzu - and is that the ONLY criterion that should be used to determine a person's immigrant status?

I have a great deal of sympathy for these kinds of people - but why are they exempt, while others are incarcerated on hostile islands and refused entry?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #3 - Apr 12th, 2018 at 10:02pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Apr 12th, 2018 at 9:03pm:

Why would black Africans want to return home, and be forced to live among other black Africans ???

.....when they have an opportunity to 'slink off' before the end of the CG, and hide among their own community, here in Australia.

Of course,          they would rather live among white, civilised people, who have built civil and government institutions, which are largely efficient and NOT corrupt.

But we whitey's are denounced as 'racist' if we say this [i.e. if we whitey's make this comparison].

Q.
But how long can our civil and government institutions in Australia, remain efficient and NOT corrupt, when so many 'new Australians' are coming from jurisdictions where social and government corruption and graft is rife ?

Do you believe that those 'new Australians',       really,     are NOT 'inclined' to bring the social culture of their homeland with them, when they come to live in Australia ?

IMAGE.....

Quote:

Argument
There Are No Successful Black Nations

And the indignity and helplessness of blacks in America won’t end until we have a first-world African nation to lift up our people.

By Chigozie Obioma | August 9, 2016

Nigeria, the most populous black nation on Earth, is on the brink of collapse.

http://foreignpolicy.com/2016/08/09/there-are-no-successful-black-nations-africa...

Q.
Why so ?

Proverbs 12:17
He that speaketh truth sheweth forth righteousness...

Proverbs 14:34
Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.

Yadda said.....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1351725076/23#23
Quote:

IMO, if we join what is precious with what is vile, we do not in that act, 'improve' that which is vile.

We merely corrupt that which is precious.....

.....e.g.
I have two buckets.
The first bucket is full of clean, fresh water.
The second bucket is full of sewage.

Q.
If i pour both buckets into a third container, what do i get?

A.
A third container, full of diluted sewage.

Conclusion?
While i could safely drink from the 1st bucket, i could *not* safely drink from the 2nd bucket, or the 3rd container.

So it is with evil, that is 'tolerated' by good people.

No matter how many times we repeat the phrase, "Tolerance is good.",
...our tolerance of what is clearly evil, is not a virtue.

It is a process, a progression.

Australia, sociologically, is rapidly becoming a bucket of diluted sewage, imo.     [just watch the nightly TV news]

We are all individuals.

We all have to choose for ourselves, the world that we want to live in.

We are all given a chance,        to choose for ourselves, the type of 'world' around us, that we want to live in.

And it always starts with our own choices in life.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Apr 12th, 2018 at 10:53pm

Yadda wrote on Apr 12th, 2018 at 10:02pm:

Why would black Africans want to return home, and be forced to live among other black Africans ???

.....when they have an opportunity to 'slink off' before the end of the CG, and hide among their own community, here in Australia.

Of course,          they would rather live among white, civilised people, who have built civil and government institutions, which are largely efficient and NOT corrupt.

But we whitey's are denounced as 'racist' if we say this [i.e. if we whitey's make this comparison].

Q.
But how long can our civil and government institutions in Australia, remain efficient and NOT corrupt, when so many 'new Australians' are coming from jurisdictions where social and government corruption and graft is rife ?

Do you believe that those 'new Australians',       really,     are NOT 'inclined' to bring the social culture of their homeland with them, when they come to live in Australia ?

IMAGE.....
[url]https://foreignpolicymag.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/gettyimages-5204
26580.jpg[/url]

Quote:

Argument
There Are No Successful Black Nations

And the indignity and helplessness of blacks in America won’t end until we have a first-world African nation to lift up our people.

By Chigozie Obioma | August 9, 2016

http://foreignpolicy.com/2016/08/09/there-are-no-successful-black-nations-africa...

Q.
Why so ?

Proverbs 12:17
He that speaketh truth sheweth forth righteousness...

Proverbs 14:34
Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.

Yadda said.....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1351725076/23#23
Quote:

IMO, if we join what is precious with what is vile, we do not in that act, 'improve' that which is vile.

We merely corrupt that which is precious.....

.....e.g.
I have two buckets.
The first bucket is full of clean, fresh water.
The second bucket is full of sewage.

Q.
If i pour both buckets into a third container, what do i get?

A.
A third container, full of diluted sewage.

Conclusion?
While i could safely drink from the 1st bucket, i could *not* safely drink from the 2nd bucket, or the 3rd container.

So it is with evil, that is 'tolerated' by good people.

No matter how many times we repeat the phrase, "Tolerance is good.",
...our tolerance of what is clearly evil, is not a virtue.

It is a process, a progression.

Australia, sociologically, is rapidly becoming a bucket of diluted sewage, imo.     [just watch the nightly TV news]

We are all individuals.

We all have to choose for ourselves, the world that we want to live in.

We are all given a chance,        to choose for ourselves, the type of 'world' around us, that we want to live in.

And it always starts with our own choices in life.

"For WUN MILLYUN Dullahs.... the answer is....... well.. it might not be - a) they love their native land...

... and it might not - b) they get a better deal in their homeland

It's either c) or d) ....... or maybe not.......

You sure you don't want a final chance to change your mind?  I'll give you one free shot at the entire board right now, if you want to change your mind...... you can pick any of those possibilities.... one last chance...."

"No Eddie - I'll take d) - They want to stay here because it's a better life..."

"You sure?  I mean - one last chance?"

"Ummmm .. ummm.. NO!  I'll stick with d).. thanks for the offer."

"Well - I really hate to say this........................................ I hate to disappoint anyone......... but you've just won WUN MILLYUN DULLAHS!"

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #5 - Apr 12th, 2018 at 11:10pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Apr 12th, 2018 at 10:53pm:

"For WUN MILLYUN Dullahs.... the answer is....... well.. it might not be - a) they love their native land...

... and it might not - b) they get a better deal in their homeland

It's either c) or d) ....... or maybe not.......

You sure you don't want a final chance to change your mind?  I'll give you one free shot at the entire board right now, if you want to change your mind...... you can pick any of those possibilities.... one last chance...."

"No Eddie - I'll take d) - They want to stay here because it's a better life..."

"You sure?  I mean - one last chance?"

"Ummmm .. ummm.. NO!  I'll stick with d).. thanks for the offer."

"Well - I really hate to say this........................................ I hate to disappoint anyone......... but you've just won WUN MILLYUN DULLAHS!"

.....which is incomprehensible to Yadda.

I suspect that my brain is wired very differently, to many 'normal' people.

[I experienced a sheltered upbringing.]

Wink

Smiley

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #6 - Apr 12th, 2018 at 11:22pm

IMO these people came here under false pretences and lied to get preferential treatment....If they were truly in fear for their life why would they represent the country they are so fearfull of....No doubt if they are gifted athletes the Government might make an exception....They shouldn't!!!

Angry Angry Angry

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #7 - Apr 13th, 2018 at 6:10am

RELEASE THE HOUNDS........

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #8 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 7:48am

Are we to give Australian citizenship to athletes, so they can enhance our national teams in international competition - like Kostya Tzu - and is that the ONLY criterion that should be used to determine a person's immigrant status?

That was basically the idea with the 2006 Commonwealth Games. Lanes were left empty in the 200m races as Sierra Leone athletes ran for different reasons. Newspaper articles started posting about how if Australia could find those athletes, they could get citizenship and compete for Australia at future Olympics and Commonwealth Games.

How irritating was that to read? Thinking that athletes that flee their country and break our laws are simply going to give a stuff about competing (when they are probably too old to compete by the time they get citizenship) for Australia? They seriously would probably want to hide in plain sight among the Africans already here and assume one of their identities to share.

Find those athletes. Put them on the plane back to their home country. And tell them that they are not allowed back.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #9 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 9:35am

philperth2010 wrote on Apr 12th, 2018 at 11:22pm:
IMO these people came here under false pretences and lied to get preferential treatment....If they were truly in fear for their life why would they represent the country they are so fearfull of....No doubt if they are gifted athletes the Government might make an exception....They shouldn't!!!

Angry Angry Angry

But your Yassmin is still a darling who needs you to ride to her defence?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #10 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 9:47am

freediver wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 9:35am:

Angry Angry Angry

Yassmin Abdel-Magied

BLACK AFRICAN
       WOMAN
       PERSECUTED MOSLEM

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #11 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 4:05pm

Valkie wrote on Apr 13th, 2018 at 6:10am:

RELEASE MORE HOUNDS

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 5:45pm

freediver wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 9:35am:

Angry Angry Angry

How could he be, FD? Phil's white. Yassmin's a dirty, tinted fugly bint.

Why can't he stick up for his own kind?

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #13 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 8:31am

Valkie wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 4:05pm:
Valkie wrote on Apr 13th, 2018 at 6:10am:

RELEASE MORE HOUNDS

RELEASE EVEN MORE HOUNDS

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 12:29pm

Round 'em up and put 'em on a slow boat to Africa....

― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print