Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Aust Medical 'Scam'. (Read 5182 times)
Jasin
Gold Member

Re: Aust Medical 'Scam'.
Reply #15 - Apr 12th, 2018 at 11:23pm

Well Gordo. Heaps of 'fit/healthy' people can have a heart attack at just 40 years of age. Stress can be a contributor as well. Some people can 'over-do' things.
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is a good example of the body pulling back on the reigns and saying "you've pushed me too hard and for what, just to be #1 Roll Eyes".

Sydney Olympics 2000: Millions of Australians got very sick via 'Flu' symptoms as hundreds of thousands of 'foreigners' poured into our 'isolated' island nation, via Sydney and 'coughed' the 'latest trend' of viruses over us. Our 'fragile' little eggshell isolationism showed how 'behind' the times in regards to the Global Cough we were.
Even the so-called 'healthy' Medical Staff got sick in great numbers. I remember working a few weeks with just one RN for 20 patients.

Anyway - as in regards to 'Herd Immunity'? Its something new to me (probably just another 'new word' for something old and well known  Roll Eyes). Maybe its a 'Chinese' thing for 'group mentality' and all that Asian cliché.  Huh

Cold & Flu are good for you. I can lessen the symptoms when I get them. Garlic goes a long way in this.
My House Mate: Fit as a fiddle, does triathalons, eats healthy, etc - but got hit hard by the flu for weeks.
I told him not to fight the Flu as 'rest' is the best. He did (died to the world for a few days) then slowly began recovery.
Me? I get the same Flu but much 'milder', didn't need to 'crash' so to speak.
The best thing for Colds is to keep active.  Wink
Just spoke to him, he's back fro his first 'run' since the Flu weeks ago. 15km run. He feels crap.
Discussion and he agrees - Australia is susceptible to 'falling behind' on the latest Global Cough because of our 'isolating' Island factor - it has its advantages and disadvantages.

So basically, for the USA influenced, Australian Medical Industry to go about 'scaring' people into getting Jabs is ludicrous. Also ludicrous because USA (& UK) or 'Western' culture is more apt at winning 'Wars', rather than practicing good medicine (especially USA) and its only 'MONEY' that keeps them ticking along like a Health System highly dependent on Technology to keep them alive.  Roll Eyes

So use your 'Common' sense when it comes to dealing with the Common Cold/Flu.
Sure, people can die from it. Just ask all those ancient Aboriginals, Indians of the Americas - for starters.  Tongue
But I assure you, the Cold & Flu is the one thing the Medical (Global) Industry should never 'cure'. Of course, Western Medicine (over-achiever for $$$) would think otherwise.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Apr 12th, 2018 at 11:54pm

Gordon wrote on Apr 12th, 2018 at 4:18pm:
The effectiveness of a flu shot isn't measured over a single person. It's measured on a population basis.

The more people covered, the less people in hospital, the less people dying.

I actually just heard a friend of a friend ended up on a ventilator for 3 months last year after getting the flu. 40 year old tradie, fit as an ox.

He nearly lots his house because he couldn't pay his mortgage.

The flu shot is $10. No bloody brainer.
Theres no evidence your friend would have avoided his illness by getting a flu shot. And if he ended up on a ventilator then he wasnt as fit as an ox, or there are other factors at play that you arent aware of. Some people can look robustly healthy and not be so.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #17 - Apr 13th, 2018 at 6:23am

The_Barnacle wrote on Apr 12th, 2018 at 10:36pm:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Apr 12th, 2018 at 1:01pm:
Herd immunity is BS. How exactly would it go from one member of the herd to another?

Spot

Clearly you don't understand how herd immunity works.
Herd immunity is a form of indirect protection from infectious disease that occurs when a large percentage of a population has become immune to an infection, thereby providing a measure of protection for individuals who are not immune.

How?

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #18 - Apr 13th, 2018 at 7:47am

Gordon wrote on Apr 12th, 2018 at 4:18pm:

The effectiveness of a flu shot isn't measured over a single person. It's measured on a population basis.

The more people covered, the less people in hospital, the less people dying.

I actually just heard a friend of a friend ended up on a ventilator for 3 months last year after getting the flu. 40 year old tradie, fit as an ox.

He nearly lots his house because he couldn't pay his mortgage.

The flu shot is $10.         No bloody brainer.

Yep, i concur...

'No bloody brainer.'

Yadda wrote on Jul 15th, 2012 at 1:37am:

I don't get sick.

Each winter, when my neighbours get colds and influenza, i don't

Why not ?

Because my immune system is strong [.....i would suppose].

70%-90% of my diet is uncooked, and unprocessed foods.

While i was growing up, i ate a 'healthy', modern, 'Western' diet, and i used to 'regularly' get colds and flu.        ...and hay fever!!!

But i have not had a cold or the 'flu' [nor any hay fever], not for many years.

And, i'm 'old'.          Wink

60+ years, old.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #19 - Apr 13th, 2018 at 9:47am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Apr 13th, 2018 at 6:23am:
Herd immunity is BS. How exactly would it go from one member of the herd to another?

Spot

Herd immunity is a form of indirect protection from infectious disease that occurs when a large percentage of a population has become immune to an infection, thereby providing a measure of protection for individuals who are not immune.

How?

Spot

If you immunise 98 out of 100 random people, and out of the 2 remaining, 1 gets the disease, the chances that the other person comes into contact with them is relatively small.

If you only immunise 65 out of 100 random people, and out of the 35 left, 1 gets the disease, the chances they come into contact with the other 34 vulnerable people is higher

It works by minimising contact between vulnerable indiividuals.

And Yadda you're full of poo.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #20 - Apr 13th, 2018 at 6:22pm

@ last line, in Reply #19

That is correct.

And i usually manage to evacuate some portion of it, every day.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #21 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 1:15pm

Spot

How?

Spot

Infectious diseases like the flu spread through contact with infected people. If you are surrounded by people who arn't infected then you are far less likely to catch it yourself

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #22 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 1:02pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Apr 13th, 2018 at 9:47am:

Spot

How?

Spot

If you immunise 98 out of 100 random people, and out of the 2 remaining, 1 gets the disease, the chances that the other person comes into contact with them is relatively small.

If you only immunise 65 out of 100 random people, and out of the 35 left, 1 gets the disease, the chances they come into contact with the other 34 vulnerable people is higher

I understand now. Interesting.

But like I said. The Cold/Flu is the one thing Medicine should NEVER cure.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #23 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 1:18pm

Jasin wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 1:02pm:

It's unlikely we ever will

The cold virus and the flu virus mutate so rapidly that no cure would be permanent.

Even the flu vaccine is really only effective for a few months

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #24 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 1:38pm

The_Barnacle wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 1:18pm:

It's unlikely we ever will

The cold virus and the flu virus mutate so rapidly that no cure would be permanent.

Even the flu vaccine is really only effective for a few months

Yep. It's a Medical 'Scam' (just like Privatised costs).
Right up there with the Flea Collar 'that works' ...just around the neck area for $35 a piece.  Roll Eyes
Fear-mongering the public into getting jabs.
Sure it's 'just' $10, but it all mounts up when the addicts starting jabbing every month.

Western Medicine is 'psychotic'. They should just stick to Politics. Grin

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #25 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 9:35am

Spot

How?

Spot

Can you please stop saying cold/flu. They arent the same thing.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #26 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 10:11am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 9:35am:

Spot

How?

Spot

Can you please stop saying cold/flu. They arent the same thing.

You're right. I should be saying the 'Cold AND Flu'.
Apology for poor grammer.

Same s**t but different smell between the two. Both 'acclimatise' the body in regard to the seasonal change (Cold for Winter, Flu for Summer) ...if you're lucky.

I must also apologise for my following the Medical 'style' of Europe to Oceania, rather than Namerica & Australia (Sahul). It's a bit more orthodox, especially for 'male' Medical staff (Medics? Cheesy)

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #27 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 11:15am

Jasin wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 10:11am:

Same s**t but different smell between the two. Both 'acclimatise' the body in regard to the seasonal change (Cold for Winter, Flu for Summer) ...if you're lucky.

I must also apologise for my following the Medical 'style' of Europe to Oceania, rather than Namerica & Australia (Sahul). It's a bit more orthodox, especially for 'male' Medical staff (Medics? Cheesy)

This forum really is full of rambling lunatics

The flu and the common cold are both respiratory illnesses but they are caused by different viruses. Because these two types of illnesses have similar symptoms, it can be difficult to tell the difference between them based on symptoms alone. In general, the flu is worse than the common cold, and symptoms are more common and intense. Colds are usually milder than the flu. People with colds are more likely to have a runny or stuffy nose. Colds generally do not result in serious health problems, such as pneumonia, bacterial infections, or hospitalizations. Flu can have very serious associated complications.
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/qa/coldflu.htm

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #28 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 2:33pm

The_Barnacle wrote on Apr 18th, 2018 at 11:15am:

The flu and the common cold are both respiratory illnesses but they are caused by different viruses. Because these two types of illnesses have similar symptoms, it can be difficult to tell the difference between them based on symptoms alone. In general, the flu is worse than the common cold, and symptoms are more common and intense. Colds are usually milder than the flu. People with colds are more likely to have a runny or stuffy nose. Colds generally do not result in serious health problems, such as pneumonia, bacterial infections, or hospitalizations. Flu can have very serious associated complications.

You're working in the wrong department if you're such an expert.
Psychology, etc is over in D section.
This is Respiratory.
Grin

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #29 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 4:34pm

Jasin wrote on Apr 18th, 2018 at 2:33pm:
The_Barnacle wrote on Apr 18th, 2018 at 11:15am:

You're working in the wrong department if you're such an expert.
Psychology, etc is over in D section.
This is Respiratory.
Grin

And his knowledge of respiratory illness is spot on. They are caused by different viruses. Even the common cold is a subset of different viruses.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print