Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18
Send Topic Print
Yassmin Abdel-Magied deported from USA (Read 18512 times)
Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Re: Yassmin Abdel-Magied deported from USA
Reply #60 - Apr 13th, 2018 at 6:58pm

buzzanddidj wrote on Apr 13th, 2018 at 6:36pm:
Kat wrote on Apr 12th, 2018 at 3:26pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Apr 12th, 2018 at 12:34pm:
A far better person than any of you lot....Not that that would be hard to achieve!!!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Yep.

I have no issue with her.

She's said or done nothing to 'offend' me.

I'm with YOU, Kat - in making a conscious effort to combat any irrational prejudices I'm in danger of unknowingly carrying

Yassmin Abdel-Magied is hated by many of the "Hanson Set" for being a Muslim, a woman - and "outspoken" in both categories

Let us not forget that Cat Stevens - under his new moniker of Yusuf Islam - was ALSO given the identical treatment by US Immigration

On 21 February 1989, Yusuf Islam addressed students at Kingston University in London about his conversion to Islam and was asked about the controversy in the Muslim world and the fatwa calling for Salman Rushdie's execution. He replied, "He must be killed. The Qur'an makes it clear – if someone defames the prophet, then he must die."[4]

IBI

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #61 - Apr 13th, 2018 at 8:36pm

freediver wrote on Apr 12th, 2018 at 12:33pm:
Maybe she wanted to boost book sales in the US.

America is a competitive place. She will have to work harder.

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #62 - Apr 13th, 2018 at 8:40pm

AiA wrote on Apr 13th, 2018 at 8:36pm:
freediver wrote on Apr 12th, 2018 at 12:33pm:
Maybe she wanted to boost book sales in the US.

America is a competitive place. She will have to work harder.

And there in lies the problem

Muzzos don't know how to work

Kill, steal, commit crime yes, work, no

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #63 - Apr 13th, 2018 at 9:55pm

Gordon wrote on Apr 13th, 2018 at 6:58pm:
A far better person than any of you lot....Not that that would be hard to achieve!!!

Yep.

I'm with YOU, Kat - in making a conscious effort to combat any irrational prejudices I'm in danger of unknowingly carrying

Yassmin Abdel-Magied is hated by many of the "Hanson Set" for being a Muslim, a woman - and "outspoken" in both categories

Let us not forget that Cat Stevens - under his new moniker of Yusuf Islam - was ALSO given the identical treatment by US Immigration

On 21 February 1989, Yusuf Islam addressed students at Kingston University in London about his conversion to Islam and was asked about the controversy in the Muslim world and the fatwa calling for Salman Rushdie's execution. He replied, "He must be killed. The Qur'an makes it clear – if someone defames the prophet, then he must die."[4]

Quote:
At the end of the debate he asked me to imagine if Salman Rushdie was taken to court in Britain and the Jury found him 'not guilty' of any crime – blasphemy or otherwise – and dismissed the case, what I would do. I clearly stated that I would have to accept the decision and fully abide by the law! And that was no joke.[1]

[Source]

Funny, how if you read the whole wikipedia article on Yusuf Islam's comments about Rushdie, it appears he was deliberately and provocatively misquoted by Robertson...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #64 - Apr 13th, 2018 at 10:07pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 13th, 2018 at 9:55pm:

Yep.

Quote:
At the end of the debate he asked me to imagine if Salman Rushdie was taken to court in Britain and the Jury found him 'not guilty' of any crime – blasphemy or otherwise – and dismissed the case, what I would do. I clearly stated that I would have to accept the decision and fully abide by the law! And that was no joke.[1]

[Source]

Funny, how if you read the whole wikipedia article on Yusuf Islam's comments about Rushdie, it appears he was deliberately and provocatively misquoted by Robertson...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

This must be a bit of a trait among the mussies

Say what they truly believe and when everyone loses their sh1t over the comment, conduct an immediate back peddle hoping what was said would be forgiven.

At least be man enough to stand by what you say, even if it makes you look like a PoS

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #65 - Apr 13th, 2018 at 11:08pm

Sounds like craw-fishing to me.....

Where DO the children play?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #66 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 9:04am

philperth2010 wrote on Apr 12th, 2018 at 6:24pm:
Captain Caveman wrote on Apr 12th, 2018 at 5:14pm:

Theres that wee man syndrome coming out again.  Grin

Says the neanderthal sitting behind a keyboard....Why do your personal attacks make you a big man dickhead???

No need to get hysterical Phil. You are the one who went straight to the personal attacks.

Gordon wrote on Apr 12th, 2018 at 8:00pm:
Wrong visa.

They worked out she was being paid for her speaking engagement and didn't have the appropriate visa.

No worries, let her play to death the brown muslim woman excuse.

Gordon wrote on Apr 12th, 2018 at 8:04pm:
Lying mole

Roughly three hours since touch down in Minneapolis, I’m on a plane back. Subhanallah. Well, guess that tightening of immigration laws business is working, despite my Australian passport. We’re taking off now. What a time...

Gordon wrote on Apr 12th, 2018 at 8:06pm:
During the inspection, CBP officers determined this individual [Ms Abdel-Magied] did not possess the appropriate visa to receive monetary compensation for the speaking engagements she had planned during her visit to the United States," a CBP spokesperson said.

"As such, she was deemed inadmissible to enter the United States for her visit, but was allowed to withdraw her application for admission. The traveller is eligible to reapply for a visa for future visits

Fancy that, Yassmin trying to rort the system again. And claiming victimhood and trying to link her own idiocy to some political agenda at the same time.

philperth2010 wrote on Apr 12th, 2018 at 10:13pm:
The comments on this forum provide ample evidence that there are some people who will never accept they are the reason there will never be peace on earth....It is always us against them with you wankers....No chance any of you will ever be the bigger man!!!

Tell us again how wonderful you think Yassmin is.

philperth2010 wrote on Apr 12th, 2018 at 10:31pm:
rhino wrote on Apr 12th, 2018 at 10:18pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Apr 12th, 2018 at 10:13pm:
The comments on this forum provide ample evidence that there are some people who will never accept they are the reason there will never be peace on earth....It is always us against them with you wankers....No chance any of you will ever be the bigger man!!!

You seem to have an issue with factual information. This female has exposed herself as a manipulative calculating liar, whats your stand on that?

If it was Margaret Court who was being condemned I would defend her right to an opinion....In fact I have....The problem is not with those that hold controversial views it is those who deny their freedom to speak freely....How can anyone be challenged and debated if they are forced to be silent....All you do is entrench thier position and make impossible to reason with anyone???

Huh Huh Huh

Who is denying her freedom to speak freely? We publicise every moronic announcement she makes.

philperth2010 wrote on Apr 12th, 2018 at 10:49pm:
You have shown many times you oppose anything Islam which puts you in the extremist camp....IMO anyone who worships any God is already in the us versus them camp....You have made your hatred of Islam very clear and cannot claim to be anything but an extremist!!!

Can you explain Phil? Would you say the same about anyone who declined to apologise for Nazism? You claim to dislike all religions, yet for some reason people who take a particular dislike to the worst of them are extremists, according to you.

Quote:
I do not wish any extremist view to hold sway....If you had understood what I was saying instead of trying to find fault you would understand....If you do not let people have their point of view they will remain extreme and preach to the converted leaving no room for reasoned debate and change....If you think I am immature why do you bother responding....Do you think your opinion has any more worth than those you condemn???

Are you saying you or Yassmin are being prevented from having your point of view? Or is this just another incoherent, irrelevant rant?

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Apr 13th, 2018 at 6:22am:
I dont know about people here because i was still walkabout but in the real world that is what the problem was. People didnt want her on TV because they didnt like the things she said.

You're not on TV either Spot. Are you being oppressed?

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Apr 13th, 2018 at 2:09pm:
Normalising xtianity is okay though? And bagging islam?

Spot

Do you have a problem with either Spot?
« Last Edit: Apr 14th, 2018 at 9:22am by freediver »  

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #67 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 9:24am

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 13th, 2018 at 9:55pm:

Yep.

Quote:

[Source]

So you don't have a problem with Cat's views on killing Rushdie?

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #68 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 9:38am

freediver wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 9:04am:
I dont know about people here because i was still walkabout but in the real world that is what the problem was. People didnt want her on TV because they didnt like the things she said.

That doesnt even make sense

Spot

If its free speech then no ppl can bag who they want ot promote who they want.

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #69 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 9:40am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 9:38am:

Spot

Spot

Do you think Islam deserves more criticism than Christianity?

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #70 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 9:44am

freediver wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 9:40am:

Spot

Spot

It doesnt have anything to do with it. Like I said if the speech is free ppl should be able to say what they want.

I would ask what you think but you wont answer and i dont really want to know anyway.

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #71 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 9:46am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 9:44am:
freediver wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 9:40am:

Spot

Spot

It doesnt have anything to do with it. Like I said if the speech is free ppl should be able to say what they want.

I would ask what you think but you wont answer and i dont really want to know anyway.

Spot

So to answer your own question, normalising Christianity is OK and bagging Islam is OK? Does this mean you will no longer feel compelled to leap to Islam's defence at every opportunity?

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #72 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 10:32am

Yep.

... and Yusaf Islam has since apologised - and retracted this statement - admitting it was very immature and he was over zealous and green in matters concerning Islam and fatwahs

Of course, there's no big media story in reporting THAT

What was US Immigration's big issue with Mohammad Ali JR - my reference to which you have conveniently deleted ?

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #73 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 10:43am

Has Useless recanted his views about women being stoned for adultery?

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #74 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 11:13am

buzzanddidj wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 10:32am:

Yep.

... and Yusaf Islam has since apologised - and retracted this statement - admitting it was very immature and he was over zealous and green in matters concerning Islam and fatwahs

Of course, there's no big media story in reporting THAT

What was US Immigration's big issue with Mohammad Ali JR - my reference to which you have conveniently deleted ?

[url]
https://m.news24.com/Columnists/GuestColumn/all-aboard-the-anti-hate-train-20170
810[/url]

and

IBI

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18
Send Topic Print