Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 18
Send Topic Print
Yassmin Abdel-Magied deported from USA (Read 18500 times)
philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Re: Yassmin Abdel-Magied deported from USA
Reply #45 - Apr 12th, 2018 at 10:49pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Apr 12th, 2018 at 10:36pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Apr 12th, 2018 at 10:13pm:
The comments on this forum provide ample evidence that there are some people who will never accept they are the reason there will never be peace on earth....It is always us against them with you wankers....No chance any of you will ever be the bigger man!!!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I think that in the context of your argument - you need to resolve who is 'us' and who is 'them'.... you seem happy to accept YOUR 'us' - but not anyone else's 'us'....... and equally to define others as 'them', without considering that you may well be their 'them'.....

Hello?  That is the problem with extreme views that only encompass  one or the other reality.... when the reality is that all things are grey... extreme views demand that you are either 'with' them or you are 'against' them....the extreme manifestation of which is the extermination of those who are not deemed to be 'with'.....

The NVA did a good job of that in Hue - the ancient spiritual capital of Viet Nam - when all the 'moderates' were lined up and shot and dumped into a shallow grave - for the simple 'reason' that they did not 'belong' to one side or the other - and were thus 'enemies of the state/revolution/whatever' ......

Truly, Grasshopper - there is a need in your self to learn more.....

You have shown many times you oppose anything Islam which puts you in the extremist camp....IMO anyone who worships any God is already in the us versus them camp....You have made your hatred of Islam very clear and cannot claim to be anything but an extremist!!!

Rational arguments don't usually work on religious people. Otherwise, there wouldn't be religious people.
Doris Egan, House M.D., The Right Stuff, 2007

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #46 - Apr 12th, 2018 at 10:54pm

The comments on this forum provide ample evidence that

there are some people who will never accept they are the reason there will never be peace on earth....

The reason that there will never be peace on earth, is because there are too many liars and cheats and 'predators',
living among 'the sheep in the meadow',
who are insisting that they are not liars and that they are not cheats and that they are not predators.

Until we determine that we need to identify who the predators are,         and determine that we must remove the predators from the meadow,
the predators will continue to have 'free rein', to seek to predate upon whom they wish.

NO PEACE.

I'm not holding my breath [in anticipation of any change]!

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #47 - Apr 12th, 2018 at 10:57pm

The comments on this forum provide ample evidence that there are some people who will never accept they are the reason there will never be peace on earth....It is always us against them with you wankers....No chance any of you will ever be the bigger man!!!

So untrue Phil, I wished for her to be where she would be happiest. In the most feminist religion loving country of her birth. It seems the only place she will find peace, for the rest of the world is just so full of Islamophobic anti brown female infidels. She should stop being a victim of these people and go where her and her views will be respected. She may even become the first female president of Egypt. Go for it gurl!

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #48 - Apr 12th, 2018 at 10:57pm

philperth2010 wrote on Apr 12th, 2018 at 10:49pm:

I think that in the context of your argument - you need to resolve who is 'us' and who is 'them'.... you seem happy to accept YOUR 'us' - but not anyone else's 'us'....... and equally to define others as 'them', without considering that you may well be their 'them'.....

Hello?  That is the problem with extreme views that only encompass  one or the other reality.... when the reality is that all things are grey... extreme views demand that you are either 'with' them or you are 'against' them....the extreme manifestation of which is the extermination of those who are not deemed to be 'with'.....

The NVA did a good job of that in Hue - the ancient spiritual capital of Viet Nam - when all the 'moderates' were lined up and shot and dumped into a shallow grave - for the simple 'reason' that they did not 'belong' to one side or the other - and were thus 'enemies of the state/revolution/whatever' ......

You have shown many times you oppose anything Islam which puts you in the extremist camp....IMO anyone who worships any God is already in the us versus them camp....You have made your hatred of Islam very clear and cannot claim to be anything but an extremist!!!

Rational arguments don't usually work on religious people. Otherwise, there wouldn't be religious people.

REALLY?  I don't oppose Islam - I'm happy to live and let live.... but I do oppose Islamic extremists and other criminals......

You're very young, aren't you?  Thought so...... even if you were sixty years old, you would be young .....

The proof is in the way you side-stepped the burden of actually considering your own point of view in comparison with others.... a sign of pure immaturity....

Which of 'us' and 'them' do you wish to hold sway?  And why do you wish to view life in such extreme ways?

Rational arguments don't always work on non-religious people, either.... and you are obviously  quoting Doris out of context.... or she is obviously not in touch with reality beyond her own extremist views.......

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #49 - Apr 12th, 2018 at 11:06pm

I don't trust any adult who believes in fairy-tales.

But it is on a sliding scale

Entry level - Not a big believer, more of an insurance policy

Mid level - Actually believes god exist, tries to be a good person anyway

Extreme level - absolutely believes everything in the bible, torah or koran is 'gospel'

Ultra extreme level - willing to murder innocent people to prove that god is great.

If you're fkken loon then you're a fkken loon if your religion attracts a lot of loons then that religion needs to be dealt with, swiftly.

The biggest mistake this country every made was allowing freedom of religion, it should have been a privileged just like everything else in this country, fkk 'em.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #50 - Apr 12th, 2018 at 11:08pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Apr 12th, 2018 at 10:57pm:

REALLY?  I don't oppose Islam - I'm happy to live and let live.... but I do oppose Islamic extremists and other criminals......

You're very young, aren't you?  Thought so...... even if you were sixty years old, you would be young .....

The proof is in the way you side-stepped the burden of actually considering your own point of view in comparison with others.... a sign of pure immaturity....

Which of 'us' and 'them' do you wish to hold sway?  And why do you wish to view life in such extreme ways?

I do not wish any extremist view to hold sway....If you had understood what I was saying instead of trying to find fault you would understand....If you do not let people have their point of view they will remain extreme and preach to the converted leaving no room for reasoned debate and change....If you think I am immature why do you bother responding....Do you think your opinion has any more worth than those you condemn???

Huh Huh Huh

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #51 - Apr 13th, 2018 at 6:22am

Gordon wrote on Apr 12th, 2018 at 4:44pm:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Apr 12th, 2018 at 4:35pm:
Kat wrote on Apr 12th, 2018 at 3:26pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Apr 12th, 2018 at 12:34pm:
A far better person than any of you lot....Not that that would be hard to achieve!!!

Yep.

I have no issue with her.

She's said or done nothing to 'offend' me.

It seems to me that a lot of people only like "free speech" when they agree with it

Spot

I don't recall anyone here ever asking for her to be silenced.  Actually it's great when she speaks.  The more ahe says the more she proves what an idiot she is.

I dont know about people here because i was still walkabout but in the real world that is what the problem was. People didnt want her on TV because they didnt like the things she said.

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #52 - Apr 13th, 2018 at 7:25am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Apr 13th, 2018 at 6:22am:
A far better person than any of you lot....Not that that would be hard to achieve!!!

Yep.

It seems to me that a lot of people only like "free speech" when they agree with it

Spot

I don't recall anyone here ever asking for her to be silenced.  Actually it's great when she speaks.  The more ahe says the more she proves what an idiot she is.

I dont know about people here because i was still walkabout but in the real world that is what the problem was. People didnt want her on TV because they didnt like the things she said.

Spot

Tax payer funded tv. I don't care if commercial tv picks her up. I don't want her getting public funding.

Spot the difference?

IBI

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #53 - Apr 13th, 2018 at 8:43am

Unfortunately the unbelievable foolishness of the left has seen it let itself be hijacked by fascist minded theocrats who lie without qualm or conscience. London is gone, my beloved London is now Londonistan, and we will see blood in the streets of Britain before the English get it back, if ever they do.
Yassmin the deceiver was rightly refused entry to the USA, and scuttled back to her hole in London.
Pity it is not in Pakistan, where she would be buried up to her chest in it, then pelted with rocks, because it is hard to imagine anything less than that, ever seeing her speak honestly of the faith she so consistently portrays, so falsely.

If I had my way she would never gain entry to a non -Islamic country again.
Lie about what you believe, what you support, and who you support, and lose citizenship rights for my country.
If you are muslim, and honestly do not support theocracy, sharia, hijabs, polygamy, misogyny, or jihad, and are happy to just be a good Aussie, then nobody will question your right to make a life and raise a family here.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #54 - Apr 13th, 2018 at 12:53pm

Gordon wrote on Apr 13th, 2018 at 7:25am:

Yep.

Spot

Spot

Tax payer funded tv. I don't care if commercial tv picks her up. I don't want her getting public funding.

Spot the difference?

So nobody should be allowed to speak on the ABC that you dont agree with?

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #55 - Apr 13th, 2018 at 12:56pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Apr 13th, 2018 at 12:53pm:

Yep.

Spot

Spot

Spot the difference?

Spot

When it covers the spectrum of political views, no problem.

Her goal is to normalize Islamism. She can use a private platform to proselytize her cult, not a tax payer funded one.

IBI

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #56 - Apr 13th, 2018 at 1:55pm

Finally

The Yanks wake up

Time to start getting rid of all muzzos.

Perhaps then our lot of brain dead morons will follow suit and get rid of the dead beat muzzos from our country

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #57 - Apr 13th, 2018 at 2:09pm

Gordon wrote on Apr 13th, 2018 at 12:56pm:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Apr 13th, 2018 at 12:53pm:

Yep.

Spot

Spot

Spot the difference?

Spot

When it covers the spectrum of political views, no problem.

Her goal is to normalize Islamism. She can use a private platform to proselytize her cult, not a tax payer funded one.

Normalising xtianity is okay though? And bagging islam?

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #58 - Apr 13th, 2018 at 6:36pm

Yep.

I'm with YOU, Kat - in making a conscious effort to combat any irrational prejudices I'm in danger of unknowingly carrying

Yassmin Abdel-Magied is hated by many of the "Hanson Set" for being a Muslim, a woman - and "outspoken" in both categories

Let us not forget that Cat Stevens - under his new moniker of Yusuf Islam - was ALSO given the identical treatment by US Immigration

As was Mohammad Ali JR - son of the late boxing legend - on his attempted re-entry to the US - from Canada

Not forgetting our own Ian "Molly" Meldrum - who was once refused entry to the US, on the basis of not carrying a valid visa - even though a visa is not a requirement for Australian passport holders

US Immigration policy is a law unto itself
Much like the Australian Taxation Office
This is NEVER good policy - for ANYONE

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #59 - Apr 13th, 2018 at 6:46pm

philperth2010 wrote on Apr 12th, 2018 at 11:08pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Apr 12th, 2018 at 10:57pm:

I do not wish any extremist view to hold sway....If you had understood what I was saying instead of trying to find fault you would understand....If you do not let people have their point of view they will remain extreme and preach to the converted leaving no room for reasoned debate and change....If you think I am immature why do you bother responding....Do you think your opinion has any more worth than those you condemn???

Huh Huh Huh

'finding fault'?  You baldly accused me of hating Islam - my shorts are almost ready for you to eat.

Do you not see the vast difference between harmless believers and ratbags who run around ranting about killing anyone who doesn't agree with them?

I met many sallows around the traps these day - never ask any of the if they are Muslim or whatever... don't give a damn unless they set out to bite my ankles...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 18
Send Topic Print