Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 18
Send Topic Print
Yassmin Abdel-Magied deported from USA (Read 18496 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Yassmin Abdel-Magied deported from USA
Reply #180 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 9:14pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 9:10pm:
freediver wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 8:57pm:
I think she is an idiot for saying Islam is the most feminine religion. I expect a lot of Muslims do to.

Ah, but do you think she should be welcome in Australia?

You won't say, but we all know what your answer is.

As far as I know she is still a citizen. But I won't be welcoming her when she comes crawling back.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #181 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 9:22pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 9:05pm:
Setanta wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 8:23pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 8:08pm:
But no, it's shame on you australia you bigoted refugee hating islamophobes. Get it.

That's a large part of it. We give her a peaceful place to live, an education, a mostly tolerant society and she come out swinging at us. This is why I previously posted perhaps Egypt should welcome her. Unfortunately  she would probably be welcomed with stones. It's like slapping the golden goose in the face and saying "thanks for nothing". If she really thinks Islam is the bees knees, move back home to Egypt. Why are you here if Islam is the most feminist of religions? It's not us that needs to change, it's the countries you fled from.

You have just agreed that she should have been hounded out of the country. Of course Homo thinks she wears her race on her sleeve - she's tinted.

You're simply showing where your own colours lie.

No, I've agreed she should be taken to task on her views.

Surely you would agree that others with less than the full quid commenting on Australia should be taken to task? Like Bolt? Or Pickering?

A couple of more idiots.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #182 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 9:52pm

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #183 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 10:01pm

That's wacist.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #184 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 10:09pm

freediver wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 10:01pm:
That's wacist.

To be raped with a cactus, Effendi?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #185 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 10:50pm

Setanta wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 9:22pm:
But no, it's shame on you australia you bigoted refugee hating islamophobes. Get it.

That's a large part of it. We give her a peaceful place to live, an education, a mostly tolerant society and she come out swinging at us. This is why I previously posted perhaps Egypt should welcome her. Unfortunately  she would probably be welcomed with stones. It's like slapping the golden goose in the face and saying "thanks for nothing". If she really thinks Islam is the bees knees, move back home to Egypt. Why are you here if Islam is the most feminist of religions? It's not us that needs to change, it's the countries you fled from.

You have just agreed that she should have been hounded out of the country. Of course Homo thinks she wears her race on her sleeve - she's tinted.

Her Moslem views.

Homo wants her out because she's tinted. You and Effende want her out because she's a dirty Muselman.

And you're here defending the rights of decent white, non-Muselman people to drown out her views.

After all, you just said you don't even know what they are.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #186 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 6:13am

No-one is going to drown out that drama queen.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #187 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 7:40am

Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 6:49pm:
Gnads wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 6:10pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 10:18pm:
Setanta wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 10:11pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 10:02pm:
Her stated positions were all tame and moderate. Yassmin was the poster-girl of Musel assimilation.

Look at another - Waleed Aly. He's got more than just a Twitter feed. He's a columnist, broadcaster, TV presenter and academic. In fact, he even got rid of his Twitter account because he got sick of all the trolls.

But Aly has said vastly more controversial and interesting things than Manus, Nauru, Palestine, lest we forget. He has even said a bit on Yassmin's own witch-hunt and exile. And of course it's based on racism. Any fool knows that.

Except, it would seem, FD.

I wouldn't consider myself racist but I'll let others decide that. I don't not like her not because she is brown or a muslim, I don't like her because she is whiny princess that thinks she should not be criticised for her public statements and blames the reaction on others and not her own mouth. She thinks her poop don't stink and thinks saying thinks like Islam is the most feminist of religions should be accepted as fact because we paid for her to travel the ME, probably forgetting entirely why she ended up here in the first place. I'm guessing she didn't attend any stonings or sharia courts. Me not liking her pretty much boils down to I think she's an idiot.

You not liking her boils down to the fact she's a Muslim, Setanta. You know that.

Who would blame a torrent of death threats and a nationwide media frenzy on their own mouth?

Yassmin has been incredibly restrained in her reaction to such a phenomenon. What's striking is how much she's kept her kool.

What utter BS.

She spat the dummy & ran off to Londonistan.

Never learned the Aussie staple of copping it on the chin & sticking it out.

When she has backers like you why would she leave?

Because she has no loyalty.

She left because the tabloid press were camping on her front lawn. She was getting death threats on social media. She lost her job. She had the choice of some form of police protection, or to start a new life somewhere else.

I wouldn't cop that on the chin, I'd be sure to tell a few people to fck off. Instead, she clammed up for the entire furor, left the country, and after a couple of months, wrote a mild-mannered column somewhere about social media frenzies and identity politics.

Read the OP here. She even gets deported from the US without a reason and is cheerful and philosophical about it. You know something?

Yassmin isn't the raging Black Muslim you make her out to be. She's a pussy. She's no more than an Uncle Tom. If I was her, I'd be calling you out for the whinging, whining racist you really are. People like you have never had it so good. Even your self-declared race enemies are nice to you.

Manus, Nauru, Palestine, lest we forget.

I never thought I'd be defending a harmless statement like that, or some presenter on a mediocre radio show called Australia Wide, but morons like you have me backed into a corner.

Curtain-peeping thought-police like you are turning our country into a Nazi State.

No that's in your court with your PC cultural marxism.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #188 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 7:53am

Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 7:53pm:
Setanta wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 7:12pm:
Gnads wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 6:15pm:
Setanta wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 11:56pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 11:53pm:
Setanta wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 11:40pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 11:31pm:
Sure, Setanta:

Quote:
I don't like her because she is whiny princess that thinks she should not be criticised for her public statements and blames the reaction on others and not her own mouth.

A bit like a plate of uncovered meat, no? After all, how can we blame the cat?

Of course Aussies will call for her death. She only has herself to blame.

Manus, Nauru, Palestine, lest we forget. How very dare she?

That does not say anything about what nutjobs say. There was plenty of criticism that did not call for her to be killed, that you would use that as an affirmation of those that seek the death of others for what they say is a little bit off field. I wonder what she thinks of the mocking of the prophet like Hebdo? Has she said? I bet she's all for it.

Of course you think she's all for it, Setanta. That's because you haven't got a clue what she's all for. You haven't actually heard all those whiny statements you say she's made, you've simply read the outrage.

How very dare she?

Of course Yassmin's not all for it. She came to fame as the poster-girl for Muslim integration. She's selling a brand of Islam that stands against the ISIS crowd, and that's actually what you can't stand.

You don't like her because she's bit of a ditz, true. But you really hate her because she's a black, Muslim woman who had the gall to post a Tweet about refugees on ANZAC Day.

How very very dare she?

No, K, I've never read what she has said, how dare me! Shocked
   Is it that obvious K? Keep putting it up as fact and someone might believe it and you could never be wrong. It's so obvious that If I do not like someone it must be based on their gender, colour or religion, not their persona. 'nite K.

Oh, and I don't hate her. I just think she's an idiot.

Wasting your time with Karamel Set.

Sees all, knows all.  Roll Eyes

I agree with K on many things and many others I do not.

Me too. I agree that she's a lightweight. She comes from the Sarah Hanson-Young school of screechiness.

But she is only 20-something. What I like about her is her middle way - not a role I could do so successfully. She sees herself as a cultural mediator, and for my money, this is a hugely important role in these hysterical times.

When Yassmin says stuff like Islam is the most feminist of religions, she's speaking to the radicals. She also wasn't able to get her point across in a Q&A format.

Islam indeed was a feminist movement of sorts in its day. It reformed the rights of women in its time and place: property rights, divorce rights, an age of consent.

These aren't modern rights, they're barbaric 7th century rights. But when Yassmin makes this point, she's advocating the spirit of these rights to a modern, but conservative, Muslim audience. If they listen - and you always see those hijabed Muslim women nodding in the Q&A audience when these things are said - this is the only way the bearded numpties will change.

She has a lot to learn, but her perspective is spot-on. We need more articulate and respectful people like Yassmin to speak out. Most importantly, we need them to be heard.

Not much chance of that now though, is there?

Manus, Nauru, Palestine, lest we forget.

How very dare she.

Your talking a long way back .... it hasn't been that way since Mohammad got his hands on it.

The main instigator for the spread of fundamentalist Islam across the Muslim world is Saudi Arabia..... & their form of Wahhabism.

They use their wealth .... created by the West to push this agenda .... in every western country that has taken Muslim refugees in the past 15 to 20 years & today.

Jihad by migration.

We live in a world of people who refuse to take responsibility for their own actions & always blame someone else beside themselves.

Magied is a perfect example.

No one here is responsible for taking it too far & making death threats .............

Oh & by the by she's not the only one to have that happen to them here.

Muslims were making them to Ayan Hirsi Ali when she wanted to speak here. Roll Eyes

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #189 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 9:10am

freediver wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 6:13am:

Correct - strutting the world stage now and in the media limelight with every silly move she makes... I suppose we're all supposed to see her as a victim of the West etc...  for a victim she's riding pretty high.

Karnal tends to read in a lot when others post, to suit his/her personal views.

As for shooting women - well.. way I see it.. if a theologically naked woman is chasing someone down an alley and carrying an AK-47 - she ain't exactly collecting for the Red Crescent...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #190 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 9:17am

freediver wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 6:13am:

So why does no one here have the faintest idea what she said to start all this?

Oh. You won't say. You've drowned out yourself.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #191 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 9:41am

She was tactless and silly and belittled the term 'Lest We Forget' by including issues unrelated to the sacrifices of thousands of Australian men and women in wars...

She set out to 'flame' and she succeeded - now she has to bear the weight of the pipers coming down on her - tough titties.  If you don't want to be told you are a stupid bint, don't make stupid bint statements about the history and tragic suffering of the nation that's taken you in... that's called 'biting the hand that feeds you'.

You ever hear of The Great Silence?  It was the stunned shock of countless country villages and towns here in Australia, some of them denuded of young men*, when World War I finished, and the final count was made - in a nation of four million, 60,000 young men had died and 150,000 had been wounded, many of them horribly - work it out.. if available men were one fifth of the population, some 7.5% had died and some 21% wounded or nearly 30% of the fit young men - and that included all men including the old the halt and the lame and the many who couldn't go because their job did not permit it.

To demean that was an enormous insult to all those families who'd lost so much for so little, and shows the utter lack of RESPECT that silly girl had for Australia's history and its institutions.

She got what she deserved, and is still riding on it - copping highly paid speaking gigs... good gig if you can get it.... she'll probably go into politics in England next..... Jesus God!

*I can picture the number of women, mothers, wives and sweethearts etc, who would be standing at the train stations hoping it was a clerical error..... and their loved one would be coming home - would leap off the train and ask what all the trouble was about.  Cry

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #192 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 9:43am

She's a potty mouthed attention seeker spreading lies to gain momentum. Her latest in the USA.

She shows no respect for Australians and she thinks islam is feminist.... Grin Grin Grin
Send the c@#t to saudi arabia and let the feminism deal with her in a feminine way.

How come these outspoken slims don't head to saudi arabia and speek out there?

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #193 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 9:53am

Surely you would agree that others with less than the full quid commenting on Australia should be taken to task? Like Bolt? Or Pickering?

A couple of more idiots.

Spot on Setanta.

Along with some left leaning members here, you have no qualms about sticking it to Right wing commentators like Andrew Bolt, and Co. when they make outlandish statements.
The difference is you will do the same if someone from the left, in this case, Magied who gives a shiteabout-Magpie, spouts silly nonsense.
This is not because you are member of any ideologically inspired fanboy group think, where every thing one side puts is automatically right, or wrong, depending on YOUR perspective.
NO, it is because you disagree with what is being said by that person, or group, at the time.

Personally I think that this is a trait that more people here should attempt to emulate.

Being a lady who certainly appears to embrace the Islamic art of lies and deception to promote personal well being, and the advancement of Islam qualifies her to receive such criticism.
Muslims call the type of deception she practices as, "Taqiyya".

It is based upon several verses from the Quran, such as, the one where they explain how you may pretend to be friends with an infidel, to avoid persecution as a muslim, but it must be a lie, because you must not ever be true friends with a non-muslim.
The persecution bit is pretty widely used these days to include anything that they see as impinging on their right to hold Islam above all else, including the social and cultural beliefs and standards of the country they are in, at the time.
They easily justify such deceit as a necessary weapon to gain the upper hand in the ultimate battle to see Islam becoming the dominant system of belief and government in all places.
Persecution is also very freely applied to any and all things where their FEELINGS may be hurt. Poor lambs.

As such, I find it very, very difficult to take any statement made publicly by Muslims, on face value, alone.

So, back to Setanta's original point, while I find myself continually double guessing just what Ms whats her face means when she speaks, she says enough obviously offensive garbage to deserve criticism for what she says, not because she is muslim, but because she is wrong to say it at all.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #194 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 12:14pm

mozzaok wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 9:53am:

A couple of more idiots.

Spot on Setanta.

Along with some left leaning members here, you have no qualms about sticking it to Right wing commentators like Andrew Bolt, and Co. when they make outlandish statements.
The difference is you will do the same if someone from the left, in this case, Magied who gives a shiteabout-Magpie, spouts silly nonsense.
This is not because you are member of any ideologically inspired fanboy group think, where every thing one side puts is automatically right, or wrong, depending on YOUR perspective.
NO, it is because you disagree with what is being said by that person, or group, at the time.

Personally I think that this is a trait that more people here should attempt to emulate.

Being a lady who certainly appears to embrace the Islamic art of lies and deception to promote personal well being, and the advancement of Islam qualifies her to receive such criticism.
Muslims call the type of deception she practices as, "Taqiyya".

It is based upon several verses from the Quran, such as, the one where they explain how you may pretend to be friends with an infidel, to avoid persecution as a muslim, but it must be a lie, because you must not ever be true friends with a non-muslim.
The persecution bit is pretty widely used these days to include anything that they see as impinging on their right to hold Islam above all else, including the social and cultural beliefs and standards of the country they are in, at the time.
They easily justify such deceit as a necessary weapon to gain the upper hand in the ultimate battle to see Islam becoming the dominant system of belief and government in all places.
Persecution is also very freely applied to any and all things where their FEELINGS may be hurt. Poor lambs.

As such, I find it very, very difficult to take any statement made publicly by Muslims, on face value, alone.

So, back to Setanta's original point, while I find myself continually double guessing just what Ms whats her face means when she speaks, she says enough obviously offensive garbage to deserve criticism for what she says, not because she is muslim, but because she is wrong to say it at all.

So what's she said that offends you so?

I'm curious.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 18
Send Topic Print