Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 18
Send Topic Print
Yassmin Abdel-Magied deported from USA (Read 18503 times)
Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Re: Yassmin Abdel-Magied deported from USA
Reply #165 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 7:12pm

Gnads wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 6:15pm:
Setanta wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 11:56pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 11:53pm:
Setanta wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 11:40pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 11:31pm:
Sure, Setanta:

Quote:
I don't like her because she is whiny princess that thinks she should not be criticised for her public statements and blames the reaction on others and not her own mouth.

A bit like a plate of uncovered meat, no? After all, how can we blame the cat?

Of course Aussies will call for her death. She only has herself to blame.

Manus, Nauru, Palestine, lest we forget. How very dare she?

That does not say anything about what nutjobs say. There was plenty of criticism that did not call for her to be killed, that you would use that as an affirmation of those that seek the death of others for what they say is a little bit off field. I wonder what she thinks of the mocking of the prophet like Hebdo? Has she said? I bet she's all for it.

Of course you think she's all for it, Setanta. That's because you haven't got a clue what she's all for. You haven't actually heard all those whiny statements you say she's made, you've simply read the outrage.

How very dare she?

Of course Yassmin's not all for it. She came to fame as the poster-girl for Muslim integration. She's selling a brand of Islam that stands against the ISIS crowd, and that's actually what you can't stand.

You don't like her because she's bit of a ditz, true. But you really hate her because she's a black, Muslim woman who had the gall to post a Tweet about refugees on ANZAC Day.

How very very dare she?

No, K, I've never read what she has said, how dare me! Shocked
   Is it that obvious K? Keep putting it up as fact and someone might believe it and you could never be wrong. It's so obvious that If I do not like someone it must be based on their gender, colour or religion, not their persona. 'nite K.

Oh, and I don't hate her. I just think she's an idiot.

Wasting your time with Karamel Set.

Sees all, knows all.  Roll Eyes

I agree with K on many things and many others I do not.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #166 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 7:37pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 6:56pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 6:49pm:
Gnads wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 6:10pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 10:18pm:
Setanta wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 10:11pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 10:02pm:
Her stated positions were all tame and moderate. Yassmin was the poster-girl of Musel assimilation.

Look at another - Waleed Aly. He's got more than just a Twitter feed. He's a columnist, broadcaster, TV presenter and academic. In fact, he even got rid of his Twitter account because he got sick of all the trolls.

But Aly has said vastly more controversial and interesting things than Manus, Nauru, Palestine, lest we forget. He has even said a bit on Yassmin's own witch-hunt and exile. And of course it's based on racism. Any fool knows that.

Except, it would seem, FD.

I wouldn't consider myself racist but I'll let others decide that. I don't not like her not because she is brown or a muslim, I don't like her because she is whiny princess that thinks she should not be criticised for her public statements and blames the reaction on others and not her own mouth. She thinks her poop don't stink and thinks saying thinks like Islam is the most feminist of religions should be accepted as fact because we paid for her to travel the ME, probably forgetting entirely why she ended up here in the first place. I'm guessing she didn't attend any stonings or sharia courts. Me not liking her pretty much boils down to I think she's an idiot.

You not liking her boils down to the fact she's a Muslim, Setanta. You know that.

Who would blame a torrent of death threats and a nationwide media frenzy on their own mouth?

Yassmin has been incredibly restrained in her reaction to such a phenomenon. What's striking is how much she's kept her kool.

What utter BS.

She spat the dummy & ran off to Londonistan.

Never learned the Aussie staple of copping it on the chin & sticking it out.

When she has backers like you why would she leave?

Because she has no loyalty.

She left because the tabloid press were camping on her front lawn. She was getting death threats on social media. She lost her job. She had the choice of some form of police protection, or to start a new life somewhere else.

I wouldn't cop that on the chin, I'd be sure to tell a few people to fck off. Instead, she clammed up for the entire furor, left the country, and after a couple of months, wrote a mild-mannered column somewhere about social media frenzies and identity politics.

Read the OP here. She even gets deported from the US without a reason and is cheerful and philosophical about it. You know something?

Yassmin isn't the raging Black Muslim you make her out to be. She's a pussy. She's no more than an Uncle Tom. If I was her, I'd be calling you out for the whinging, whining racist you really are. People like you have never had it so good. Even your self-declared race enemies are nice to you.

Manus, Nauru, Palestine, lest we forget.

I never thought I'd be defending a harmless statement like that, or some presenter on a mediocre radio show called Australia Wide, but morons like you have me backed into a corner.

Curtain-peeping thought-police like you are turning our country into a Nazi State.

She even gets deported from the US without a reason

WRONG!!! She was scheduled for a paid speaking tour and she didn't have a US working visa. Do keep up Karnal.

Thanks for telling. It didn't say that in the OP. Why didn't she get a proper visa?

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #167 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 7:49pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 7:37pm:
Her stated positions were all tame and moderate. Yassmin was the poster-girl of Musel assimilation.

Look at another - Waleed Aly. He's got more than just a Twitter feed. He's a columnist, broadcaster, TV presenter and academic. In fact, he even got rid of his Twitter account because he got sick of all the trolls.

But Aly has said vastly more controversial and interesting things than Manus, Nauru, Palestine, lest we forget. He has even said a bit on Yassmin's own witch-hunt and exile. And of course it's based on racism. Any fool knows that.

I wouldn't consider myself racist but I'll let others decide that. I don't not like her not because she is brown or a muslim, I don't like her because she is whiny princess that thinks she should not be criticised for her public statements and blames the reaction on others and not her own mouth. She thinks her poop don't stink and thinks saying thinks like Islam is the most feminist of religions should be accepted as fact because we paid for her to travel the ME, probably forgetting entirely why she ended up here in the first place. I'm guessing she didn't attend any stonings or sharia courts. Me not liking her pretty much boils down to I think she's an idiot.

You not liking her boils down to the fact she's a Muslim, Setanta. You know that.

Who would blame a torrent of death threats and a nationwide media frenzy on their own mouth?

Yassmin has been incredibly restrained in her reaction to such a phenomenon. What's striking is how much she's kept her kool.

What utter BS.

She left because the tabloid press were camping on her front lawn. She was getting death threats on social media. She lost her job. She had the choice of some form of police protection, or to start a new life somewhere else.

I wouldn't cop that on the chin, I'd be sure to tell a few people to fck off. Instead, she clammed up for the entire furor, left the country, and after a couple of months, wrote a mild-mannered column somewhere about social media frenzies and identity politics.

Read the OP here. She even gets deported from the US without a reason and is cheerful and philosophical about it. You know something?

Yassmin isn't the raging Black Muslim you make her out to be. She's a pussy. She's no more than an Uncle Tom. If I was her, I'd be calling you out for the whinging, whining racist you really are. People like you have never had it so good. Even your self-declared race enemies are nice to you.

I never thought I'd be defending a harmless statement like that, or some presenter on a mediocre radio show called Australia Wide, but morons like you have me backed into a corner.

Curtain-peeping thought-police like you are turning our country into a Nazi State.

WRONG!!! She was scheduled for a paid speaking tour and she didn't have a US working visa. Do keep up Karnal.

Thanks for telling. It didn't say that in the OP. Why didn't she get a proper visa?

I have no idea. I could take a guess?

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #168 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 7:50pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 7:37pm:

What utter BS.

She's an idiot and she probably hires idiots to do her travel and work arrangements.. Perhaps she does them herself.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #169 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 7:53pm

Setanta wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 7:12pm:
Sure, Setanta:

Quote:
I don't like her because she is whiny princess that thinks she should not be criticised for her public statements and blames the reaction on others and not her own mouth.

That does not say anything about what nutjobs say. There was plenty of criticism that did not call for her to be killed, that you would use that as an affirmation of those that seek the death of others for what they say is a little bit off field. I wonder what she thinks of the mocking of the prophet like Hebdo? Has she said? I bet she's all for it.

Of course you think she's all for it, Setanta. That's because you haven't got a clue what she's all for. You haven't actually heard all those whiny statements you say she's made, you've simply read the outrage.

How very dare she?

Of course Yassmin's not all for it. She came to fame as the poster-girl for Muslim integration. She's selling a brand of Islam that stands against the ISIS crowd, and that's actually what you can't stand.

You don't like her because she's bit of a ditz, true. But you really hate her because she's a black, Muslim woman who had the gall to post a Tweet about refugees on ANZAC Day.

How very very dare she?

Is it that obvious K? Keep putting it up as fact and someone might believe it and you could never be wrong. It's so obvious that If I do not like someone it must be based on their gender, colour or religion, not their persona. 'nite K.

Me too. I agree that she's a lightweight. She comes from the Sarah Hanson-Young school of screechiness.

But she is only 20-something. What I like about her is her middle way - not a role I could do so successfully. She sees herself as a cultural mediator, and for my money, this is a hugely important role in these hysterical times.

When Yassmin says stuff like Islam is the most feminist of religions, she's speaking to the radicals. She also wasn't able to get her point across in a Q&A format.

Islam indeed was a feminist movement of sorts in its day. It reformed the rights of women in its time and place: property rights, divorce rights, an age of consent.

These aren't modern rights, they're barbaric 7th century rights. But when Yassmin makes this point, she's advocating the spirit of these rights to a modern, but conservative, Muslim audience. If they listen - and you always see those hijabed Muslim women nodding in the Q&A audience when these things are said - this is the only way the bearded numpties will change.

She has a lot to learn, but her perspective is spot-on. We need more articulate and respectful people like Yassmin to speak out. Most importantly, we need them to be heard.

Not much chance of that now though, is there?

How very dare she.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #170 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 7:56pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 7:53pm:
Sure, Setanta:

Quote:

How very dare she?

How very very dare she?

Me too. I agree that she's a lightweight. She comes from the Sarah Hanson-Young school of screechiness.

But she is only 20-something. What I like about her is her middle way - not a role I could do so successfully. She sees herself as a cultural mediator, and for my money, this is a hugely important role in these hysterical times.

When Yassmin says stuff like Islam is the most feminist of religions, she's speaking to the radicals. She also wasn't able to get her point across in a Q&A format.

Islam indeed was a feminist movement of sorts in its day. It reformed the rights of women in its time and place: property rights, divorce rights, an age of consent.

These aren't modern rights, they're barbaric 7th century rights. But when Yassmin makes this point, she's advocating the spirit of these rights to a modern, but conservative, Muslim audience. If they listen - and you always see those hijabed Muslim women nodding in the Q&A audience when these things are said - this is the only way the bearded numpties will change.

She has a lot to learn, but her perspective is spot-on. We need more articulate and respectful people like Yassmin to speak out. Most importantly, we need them to be heard.

How very dare she.

Even before the death threats she's always had the wider white Australian population in her cross hairs. I can't feature that.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #171 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 8:01pm

Sure, Setanta:

Quote:

How very dare she?

How very very dare she?

How very dare she.

I think you give her far too much credit K. The Hittites well before Islam laid out female rights and absorbed different religions, Darius the Great showed how different cultures could work together. Asoka the great worked to make sure all the people under his domain were not persecuted, his pillars of law still stand. Islam has given us nothing new and the new at the end of "nothing" should probably be removed.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #172 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 8:03pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 7:56pm:
Sure, Setanta:

Quote:

How very dare she?

How very very dare she?

How very dare she.

Even before the death threats she's always had the wider white Australian population in her cross hairs. I can't feature that.

Setanta indicated the same sentiment. The only problem is, none of you can even say why.

For you, of course, any black bitch in a head-covering is a race enemy. But the audience of an erstwhile Radio National program called Australia Wide?

We've grown old with Abo and Asian and wog bitches on TV, we're used to it.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #173 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 8:05pm

Setanta wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 8:01pm:
Sure, Setanta:

Quote:

How very dare she?

How very very dare she?

How very dare she.

I think you give her far too much credit K. The Hittites well before Islam laid out female rights and absorbed different religions, Darius the Great showed how different cultures could work together. Asoka the great worked to make sure all the people under his domain were not persecuted, his pillars of law still stand. Islam has given us nothing new and the new at the end of "nothing" should probably be removed.

And that's why you "strongly dislike" her.

She's a Muslim.

Should we ask FD what he thinks?

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #174 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 8:08pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 8:03pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 7:56pm:
Sure, Setanta:

Quote:

How very dare she?

How very very dare she?

How very dare she.

Setanta indicated the same sentiment. The only problem is, none of you can even say why.

For you, of course, any black bitch in a head-covering is a race enemy. But the audience of an erstwhile Radio National program called Australia Wide?

We've grown old with Abo and Asian and wog bitches on TV, we're used to it.
For me it's the package that is Yassmin. She wears her race and religion like a big flashing neon sign all the while painting herself into victimhood at every opurtrunity. It's tired and boring and bugs people. All people would like to hear from new migrants is-

oh thank you for the new life I'm afforded.
now I'm safe, thank you Australia.
Thank you for my education.............

But no, it's shame on you australia you bigoted refugee hating islamophobes. Get it.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #175 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 8:23pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 8:08pm:
But no, it's shame on you australia you bigoted refugee hating islamophobes. Get it.

That's a large part of it. We give her a peaceful place to live, an education, a mostly tolerant society and she come out swinging at us. This is why I previously posted perhaps Egypt should welcome her. Unfortunately  she would probably be welcomed with stones. It's like slapping the golden goose in the face and saying "thanks for nothing". If she really thinks Islam is the bees knees, move back home to Egypt. Why are you here if Islam is the most feminist of religions? It's not us that needs to change, it's the countries you fled from.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #176 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 8:53pm

At least we didn't deport her.... she ran away..............

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #177 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 8:57pm

I think she is an idiot for saying Islam is the most feminine religion. I expect a lot of Muslims do to.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #178 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 9:05pm

Setanta wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 8:23pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 8:08pm:

That's a large part of it. We give her a peaceful place to live, an education, a mostly tolerant society and she come out swinging at us. This is why I previously posted perhaps Egypt should welcome her. Unfortunately  she would probably be welcomed with stones. It's like slapping the golden goose in the face and saying "thanks for nothing". If she really thinks Islam is the bees knees, move back home to Egypt. Why are you here if Islam is the most feminist of religions? It's not us that needs to change, it's the countries you fled from.

You have just agreed that she should have been hounded out of the country. Of course Homo thinks she wears her race on her sleeve - she's tinted.

You're simply showing where your own colours lie.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #179 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 9:10pm

freediver wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 8:57pm:
I think she is an idiot for saying Islam is the most feminine religion. I expect a lot of Muslims do to.

Ah, but do you think she should be welcome in Australia?

You won't say, but we all know what your answer is.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 18
Send Topic Print