Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18
Send Topic Print
Yassmin Abdel-Magied deported from USA (Read 18502 times)
Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Yassmin Abdel-Magied deported from USA
Reply #135 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 7:34pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 2:36pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 2:25pm:
Frank wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 2:10pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 1:59pm:
Frank wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 1:04pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 12:57pm:
freediver wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 9:24am:
Brian Ross wrote on Apr 13th, 2018 at 9:55pm:
Quote:
At the end of the debate he asked me to imagine if Salman Rushdie was taken to court in Britain and the Jury found him 'not guilty' of any crime – blasphemy or otherwise – and dismissed the case, what I would do. I clearly stated that I would have to accept the decision and fully abide by the law! And that was no joke.[1]

[Source]

Funny, how if you read the whole wikipedia article on Yusuf Islam's comments about Rushdie, it appears he was deliberately and provocatively misquoted by Robertson...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

So you don't have a problem with Cat's views on killing Rushdie?

Yusuf?  "Cat" no longer exists, it was a made up name anyway, FD.

No, I don't have problems with his views.  He is entitled to voice them.  Afterall, you claim you support Freedom of Speech, now don't you?  Do you have a problem with him voicing his opinion?

I would have problems if he decided to act on those views, just as I would have problems if you decided to act on your Islamophobia.   Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

So you would be cool with people calling for your murder, Bwian, as long as they didn't  actually kill you, thanks to your around the clock protection?

Spineless, lying, amoral apologist that you are, Bwian.

Alas, old boy, you've said you're kool with people threatening to rape and kill Yasmeen. You've described this as their freedom of speech.

So where is Bwian being a spineless, lying apologist? You support his views yourself.

Bollocks, paki, you are lying again.

Answer this: do you uphold the use of porkies in your campaign against the tinted races?

A simple yes or no will suffice.

Old boy?

There is no campaign and there are no porkies. The barbarians condemn themselves by their own actions and words. No need for 'interpretations' - your idea of porkies, ya stupid, lying Paki bastard.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #136 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 7:49pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 7:17pm:
The problem Yassmin has is that she knows nothing about  wider  Australia.

That's right, Homo. She only hosted a program called Australia Wide.

Would you have been more amenable to this woman's show if she was a Gook?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #137 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 7:53pm

Frank wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 7:34pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 2:36pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 2:25pm:
Frank wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 2:10pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 1:59pm:
Frank wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 1:04pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 12:57pm:
freediver wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 9:24am:
Brian Ross wrote on Apr 13th, 2018 at 9:55pm:
Quote:
At the end of the debate he asked me to imagine if Salman Rushdie was taken to court in Britain and the Jury found him 'not guilty' of any crime – blasphemy or otherwise – and dismissed the case, what I would do. I clearly stated that I would have to accept the decision and fully abide by the law! And that was no joke.[1]

[Source]

Funny, how if you read the whole wikipedia article on Yusuf Islam's comments about Rushdie, it appears he was deliberately and provocatively misquoted by Robertson...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

So you don't have a problem with Cat's views on killing Rushdie?

Yusuf?  "Cat" no longer exists, it was a made up name anyway, FD.

No, I don't have problems with his views.  He is entitled to voice them.  Afterall, you claim you support Freedom of Speech, now don't you?  Do you have a problem with him voicing his opinion?

I would have problems if he decided to act on those views, just as I would have problems if you decided to act on your Islamophobia.   Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

So you would be cool with people calling for your murder, Bwian, as long as they didn't  actually kill you, thanks to your around the clock protection?

Spineless, lying, amoral apologist that you are, Bwian.

Alas, old boy, you've said you're kool with people threatening to rape and kill Yasmeen. You've described this as their freedom of speech.

So where is Bwian being a spineless, lying apologist? You support his views yourself.

Bollocks, paki, you are lying again.

Answer this: do you uphold the use of porkies in your campaign against the tinted races?

A simple yes or no will suffice.

Old boy?

There is no campaign and there are no porkies. The barbarians condemn themselves by their own actions and words. No need for 'interpretations' - your idea of porkies, ya stupid, lying Paki bastard.

What sort of shifty, evasive, spineless yeah-but-no-but automaton refuses to rule out lying on a discussion board?

Only a pseudo-British poonce from his prestigious University of Balogney would say something like that.

Present company excluded, dear boy.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #138 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 9:43pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 6:51pm:
You mean the Westerners who called her an ungrateful, tinted, Muslim, fugly bint?

Good point, Homo. Not racist. She should have just applied the skin-whitener, copped it sweet and said, Aussie Aussie Aussie.

A bit hard to say she's playing the victim though. She had nothing but nice things to say about the Yanks who deported her. If that was me, they'd cop a right old serve.

Mind you, I can say it. I'm white.

Well... HOMO - I've never "called her an ungrateful, tinted, Muslim, fugly bint" - and I believe I even suggested that her issue of Nauru and Maniac Island had some points, but her choice of venue was poor.

If you'd LIKE me to label her as a "an ungrateful, tinted, Muslim, fugly bint", I'm happy to do so.... good thing she left this country and burdened some other with her silliness....

She STILL needs to take a good look at herself and her stated positions and accept that SHE is responsible for the consequences thereof....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #139 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 10:02pm

Her stated positions were all tame and moderate. Yassmin was the poster-girl of Musel assimilation.

Look at another - Waleed Aly. He's got more than just a Twitter feed. He's a columnist, broadcaster, TV presenter and academic. In fact, he even got rid of his Twitter account because he got sick of all the trolls.

But Aly has said vastly more controversial and interesting things than Manus, Nauru, Palestine, lest we forget. He has even said a bit on Yassmin's own witch-hunt and exile. And of course it's based on racism. Any fool knows that.

Except, it would seem, FD.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #140 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 10:11pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 10:02pm:
Her stated positions were all tame and moderate. Yassmin was the poster-girl of Musel assimilation.

Look at another - Waleed Aly. He's got more than just a Twitter feed. He's a columnist, broadcaster, TV presenter and academic. In fact, he even got rid of his Twitter account because he got sick of all the trolls.

But Aly has said vastly more controversial and interesting things than Manus, Nauru, Palestine, lest we forget. He has even said a bit on Yassmin's own witch-hunt and exile. And of course it's based on racism. Any fool knows that.

I wouldn't consider myself racist but I'll let others decide that. I don't not like her not because she is brown or a muslim, I don't like her because she is whiny princess that thinks she should not be criticised for her public statements and blames the reaction on others and not her own mouth. She thinks her poop don't stink and thinks saying thinks like Islam is the most feminist of religions should be accepted as fact because we paid for her to travel the ME, probably forgetting entirely why she ended up here in the first place. I'm guessing she didn't attend any stonings or sharia courts. Me not liking her pretty much boils down to I think she's an idiot.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #141 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 10:13pm

Is it racist to consider it stupid to claim that Islam is the most feminist religion?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #142 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 10:18pm

Setanta wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 10:11pm:

I wouldn't consider myself racist but I'll let others decide that. I don't not like her not because she is brown or a muslim, I don't like her because she is whiny princess that thinks she should not be criticised for her public statements and blames the reaction on others and not her own mouth. She thinks her poop don't stink and thinks saying thinks like Islam is the most feminist of religions should be accepted as fact because we paid for her to travel the ME, probably forgetting entirely why she ended up here in the first place. I'm guessing she didn't attend any stonings or sharia courts. Me not liking her pretty much boils down to I think she's an idiot.

You not liking her boils down to the fact she's a Muslim, Setanta. You know that.

Who would blame a torrent of death threats and a nationwide media frenzy on their own mouth?

Yassmin has been incredibly restrained in her reaction to such a phenomenon. What's striking is how much she's kept her kool.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #143 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 10:26pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 10:18pm:

You not liking her boils down to the fact she's a Muslim, Setanta. You know that.

Who would blame a torrent of death threats and a nationwide media frenzy on their own mouth?

Yassmin has been incredibly restrained in her reaction to such a phenomenon. What's striking is how much she's kept her kool.

I'm not making excuses for our own idiots K. We have more than enough. I do not wish death on her and I think it shows a rather weak character to wish death on someone for their words, or comics. I don't like Islam, never hidden that fact, I don't like Christianity either and I've not hidden that either. I don't judge a person on their faith as much as I might dislike it. I have Ba'hai friends, they know I do not like their faith either but on a scale of faiths, it's pretty benign. I don't like her because I think she is an idiot, that may change if I knew her more personally but as I can only know her through what she puts out there I can't see that opinion changing.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #144 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 11:17pm

Setanta wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 10:26pm:

I'm not making excuses for our own idiots K.

Er, you just did.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #145 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 11:22pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 11:17pm:
Setanta wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 10:26pm:

I'm not making excuses for our own idiots K.

Er, you just did.

Care to show where, K?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #146 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 11:31pm

Sure, Setanta:

Quote:
I don't like her because she is whiny princess that thinks she should not be criticised for her public statements and blames the reaction on others and not her own mouth.

A bit like a plate of uncovered meat, no? After all, how can we blame the cat?

Of course Aussies will call for her death. She only has herself to blame.

Manus, Nauru, Palestine, lest we forget. How very dare she?

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #147 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 11:40pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 11:31pm:
Sure, Setanta:

Quote:
I don't like her because she is whiny princess that thinks she should not be criticised for her public statements and blames the reaction on others and not her own mouth.

That does not say anything about what nutjobs say. There was plenty of criticism that did not call for her to be killed, that you would use that as an affirmation of those that seek the death of others for what they say is a little bit off field. I wonder what she thinks of the mocking of the prophet like Hebdo? Has she said? I bet she's all for it.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #148 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 11:53pm

Setanta wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 11:40pm:
Sure, Setanta:

Quote:

That does not say anything about what nutjobs say. There was plenty of criticism that did not call for her to be killed, that you would use that as an affirmation of those that seek the death of others for what they say is a little bit off field. I wonder what she thinks of the mocking of the prophet like Hebdo? Has she said? I bet she's all for it.

Of course you think she's all for it, Setanta. That's because you haven't got a clue what she's all for. You haven't actually heard all those whiny statements you say she's made, you've simply read the outrage.

How very dare she?

Of course Yassmin's not all for it. She came to fame as the poster-girl for Muslim integration. She's selling a brand of Islam that stands against the ISIS crowd, and that's actually what you can't stand.

You don't like her because she's bit of a ditz, true. But you really hate her because she's a black, Muslim woman who had the gall to post a Tweet about refugees on ANZAC Day.

How very very dare she?

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #149 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 11:56pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 11:53pm:
Setanta wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 11:40pm:
Sure, Setanta:

Quote:

Of course you think she's all for it, Setanta. That's because you haven't got a clue what she's all for. You haven't actually heard all those whiny statements you say she's made, you've simply read the outrage.

How very dare she?

Of course Yassmin's not all for it. She came to fame as the poster-girl for Muslim integration. She's selling a brand of Islam that stands against the ISIS crowd, and that's actually what you can't stand.

You don't like her because she's bit of a ditz, true. But you really hate her because she's a black, Muslim woman who had the gall to post a Tweet about refugees on ANZAC Day.

How very very dare she?

No, K, I've never read what she has said, how dare me! Shocked
   Is it that obvious K? Keep putting it up as fact and someone might believe it and you could never be wrong. It's so obvious that If I do not like someone it must be based on their gender, colour or religion, not their persona. 'nite K.

Oh, and I don't hate her. I just think she's an idiot.
« Last Edit: Apr 15th, 2018 at 12:03am by Setanta »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18
Send Topic Print