Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
New laws cause existing ones don't work apparently (Read 1743 times)
mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Re: New laws cause existing ones don't work apparently
Reply #30 - Apr 13th, 2018 at 9:14am

Valkie wrote on Apr 12th, 2018 at 6:47pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Apr 12th, 2018 at 8:23am:
Gnads wrote on Apr 12th, 2018 at 8:06am:
Then you deserve what you get.

I am not afraid of being shot by police....You on the other hand would prefer anyone had access to fire arms like America....Care to explain your position mate???

Huh Huh Huh

I'm thinking that's exactly what they said in Germany when Hitler took all their weapons away from the population
Yes
Hitled disarmed Germany before he took on the world.

It's what all despots do
Disarm the population
Then come down on them hard, safe in the knowledge that the population can't fight back.

Geez people love to pick on poor old Hitler. He was one smart feller, I honestly believe he never had any desire for world conquest by force of arms, he just wanted to get back under German control, what was stolen from them in the utter bastardry of the Treaty of Versailles. He also wanted a bit better buffer between Germany and that truly evil man, Stalin.
He had England firked, he could have annihilated the entire French and British forces at Dunkirk.
He stopped his men, and his Tanks and his Planes from destroying them, and THEN, offered Britain unbelievably generous terms to end the war. It was only the ego and hubris of Churchill who still wanted to make a name for himself, other than incompetent fookup, that saw the peace refused, and Rudolph Hess, Hitlers 2IC, who'd personally flown to England to try and broker a peace, locked up in solitary confinement for the rest of his life.
Unfortunately his failing health and over medication by unscrupulous quacks saw him lose the plot. I personally believe he was certifiably insane from mid 42 on to the end.
Do not get me wrong, I do not seek to justify the utter bastardry perpetrated by Nazi goons, or the horrendous war crimes they committed, just that they weren't Robinson Crusoe.

People talk so much sheeite about war, well I can tell you stories of brave Aussie troops murdering unarmed prisoners of war. I can also tell you of deliberate acts of cannibalism by good Oz fighting men, as well of amazing deeds of heroism and compassion, like most men they could be gods or demons.
So when I see history portraying one side as evil embodied, and the other as the white knights, I have to think, naive fools, who else would believe such tripe?

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #31 - Apr 13th, 2018 at 9:28am

mozzaok wrote on Apr 13th, 2018 at 9:14am:

I am not afraid of being shot by police....You on the other hand would prefer anyone had access to fire arms like America....Care to explain your position mate???

Huh Huh Huh

I'm thinking that's exactly what they said in Germany when Hitler took all their weapons away from the population
Yes

It's what all despots do
Disarm the population
Then come down on them hard, safe in the knowledge that the population can't fight back.

Geez people love to pick on poor old Hitler. He was one smart feller, I honestly believe he never had any desire for world conquest by force of arms, he just wanted to get back under German control, what was stolen from them in the utter bastardry of the Treaty of Versailles. He also wanted a bit better buffer between Germany and that truly evil man, Stalin.
He had England firked, he could have annihilated the entire French and British forces at Dunkirk.
He stopped his men, and his Tanks and his Planes from destroying them, and THEN, offered Britain unbelievably generous terms to end the war. It was only the ego and hubris of Churchill who still wanted to make a name for himself, other than incompetent fookup, that saw the peace refused, and Rudolph Hess, Hitlers 2IC, who'd personally flown to England to try and broker a peace, locked up in solitary confinement for the rest of his life.
Unfortunately his failing health and over medication by unscrupulous quacks saw him lose the plot. I personally believe he was certifiably insane from mid 42 on to the end.
Do not get me wrong, I do not seek to justify the utter bastardry perpetrated by Nazi goons, or the horrendous war crimes they committed, just that they weren't Robinson Crusoe.

People talk so much sheeite about war, well I can tell you stories of brave Aussie troops murdering unarmed prisoners of war. I can also tell you of deliberate acts of cannibalism by good Oz fighting men, as well of amazing deeds of heroism and compassion, like most men they could be gods or demons.
So when I see history portraying one side as evil embodied, and the other as the white knights, I have to think, naive fools, who else would believe such tripe?

Hitler started the war and crossed the line when he invaded Poland...The British and French were not eager to go to war until Hitler forced their hand....No side comes out of war with clean hands but defending the Nazis who murdered millions of innocent people ignores the reality of the holocaust....You cannot compare the atrocities of the Nazis to a few isolated cases of soldiers going rouge but you tried!!!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #32 - Apr 13th, 2018 at 9:44am

philperth2010 wrote on Apr 13th, 2018 at 9:28am:

Huh Huh Huh

Yes

It's what all despots do
Disarm the population

Hitler started the war and crossed the line when he invaded Poland...The British and French were not eager to go to war until Hitler forced their hand....No side comes out of war with clean hands but defending the Nazis who murdered millions of innocent people ignores the reality of the holocaust....You cannot compare the atrocities of the Nazis to a few isolated cases of soldiers going rouge but you tried!!!

Sorry Phil, don't go there, you are one of the few posters here who I do not think is a twit, but the defend Poland bit just won't fly.

(I'll give you a hint, find out what happened to Poland after WW2, and get back to me how much England cared.)

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #33 - Apr 13th, 2018 at 11:09am

mozzaok wrote on Apr 13th, 2018 at 9:44am:
philperth2010 wrote on Apr 13th, 2018 at 9:28am:

Huh Huh Huh

Yes

It's what all despots do
Disarm the population

Sorry Phil, don't go there, you are one of the few posters here who I do not think is a twit, but the defend Poland bit just won't fly.

(I'll give you a hint, find out what happened to Poland after WW2, and get back to me how much England cared.)

If you know my politics you would know I would never defend England or the USA....Hitler was the first to bomb civilians and take the war to a new level of destruction and indiscriminate killing....The Nazi death camps also exclude any sympathy I would ever have for the German people who supported Hitler until the war turned....The biggest war crime IMO was the Yanks dropping the bomb on civilians....Otherwise I see where you are coming from and agree with most of what you said!!!

Smiley Smiley Smiley

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print