What would be enough (Read 6370 times)
Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Re: What would be enough
Reply #15 - Apr 13th, 2018 at 6:09am

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 12th, 2018 at 11:31pm:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/128170/2467911-yawn_20smiley.jpg

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Poor, poor, Graps.  Your country hasn't gone anywhere, except forward.  Nowadays, people get listened to and if their complaints are valid, they get corrected.  The bad ol' days o' Racism are long gone.  Paternalism is dead and buried.  Stolen Generations apologised for.   Black fellas gettin' what they are due it seems.  They now got Native Title, they got right of veto over development on their lands.   Yet they still got White fellas moanin' and complainin' about paying compensation to the Black fellas.  Appears the White fellas forgotten their Constitution that applies to ALL AUSTRALIANS, Black, White, whatever colour.  Government gotta treat everybody the same - no more stealin' land, no more stealin' children.   Roll Eyes

Ok bwyannnnnnnn
What do you see as the Aboriginals rights
What should THEY NEED, EXPECT AND WANT?
I'm trying to get some sort of handle on this.
A quantifiable understanding of what they want with regard to land rights
A quantifiable understanding of what compensation they believe is adequate for their stolen generation or percieved slights against them

Exactly what is this going to take to make them happy?

Or is this too hard and they simply WANT........EVERYTHING?
Without stating what they want?

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #16 - Apr 13th, 2018 at 4:06pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 12th, 2018 at 7:28pm:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/128170/2467911-yawn_20smiley.jpg

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Poor, poor, white fellas.  Not a black fella amongst 'em but they reckon they can tell black fellas how to live their lives.   Obviously they have learnt nothing from the past history of that being done.   Bugger me, looks like all the problems of dictating to people have passed 'em by.  Paternalism didn't work.  Genocide didn't work, except in Tasmania.   No full blood black fellas there now, hey?  Now they just want to make all the Black fellas act like white fellas.

You lot appear to forget, white fellas stole this land from the black fellas.  White fellas destroyed their families, stole their children, tried to turn 'em to white fellas.  Did that work?  Nope.

Perhaps instead of dictating to others, you should ask them what they want and need?   Why should they become white fellas?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

They only spemd our tax money on grog and cigarettes.

Abo kids have STDs. -  Abo communities are full of child molesters.

You can't help these people.

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #17 - Apr 13th, 2018 at 5:03pm

Valkie wrote on Apr 11th, 2018 at 6:15pm:
Ok
Let's have a sensible discussion about exactly what the Aboriginals Need, Want and Expect.

Let's assume theoretically, that the Australian government have decided to agree to any and all demands of the Aboriginals in an attempt to satisfy their demands.

What do the Aboriginals NEED

What do the Aboriginals WANT

What do the Aboriginals EXPECT.

This is a brainstorming session, so it's no holds barred

Just state what as clearly as possible.

How would I know: I have no Aboriginal blood in me! I assume they want a fair go!

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #18 - Apr 13th, 2018 at 5:04pm

Bobby. wrote on Apr 13th, 2018 at 4:06pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Apr 12th, 2018 at 7:28pm:

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Poor, poor, white fellas.  Not a black fella amongst 'em but they reckon they can tell black fellas how to live their lives.   Obviously they have learnt nothing from the past history of that being done.   Bugger me, looks like all the problems of dictating to people have passed 'em by.  Paternalism didn't work.  Genocide didn't work, except in Tasmania.   No full blood black fellas there now, hey?  Now they just want to make all the Black fellas act like white fellas.

You lot appear to forget, white fellas stole this land from the black fellas.  White fellas destroyed their families, stole their children, tried to turn 'em to white fellas.  Did that work?  Nope.

Perhaps instead of dictating to others, you should ask them what they want and need?   Why should they become white fellas?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

They only spemd our tax money on grog and cigarettes.

Abo kids have STDs. -  Abo communities are full of child molesters.

You can't help these people.

Learned helplessness!

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #19 - Apr 13th, 2018 at 5:57pm

A number of people on this forum have eluded to or stated outright that they are abbos.

But typical of Australian abbos, they are unable to get off their collective asses and actually come up with anything.

Or is it that by never ever actually giving anyone an idea of what they actually want, need or expect, they can just keep demanding more and more adinfinitum.

I must admit an agenda in this thread.
Having several abbo mates, I know what they say when asked
I have also discussed in depth the askings and probable resulting issues.
It's fun to watch them realize that there are repercussions to any demands.

For example
I posted this question to a collective of abbo mates, some bludgers and some actual working stiffs. Some were full blood and some of questionable decent.
It was interesting that the white abbos we're far more demanding and far less tolerant than the full bloods.

Anyhoo
I asked "What would you expect if you were given the ability to dictate some form of payment or rent for Australia?"

The answer was.
"We should be given free housing, free cars and a good income for life"

Ok I said, how much of an income?

This brought all sorts of discussion, the white abbos we're far more greedy than the full bloods, so we will go with the white abbos response
$150,000.00 a year .....each.

Ok I said
Who gets it, all abos or is it divvied out depending on percentage of aboriginality?

This almost caused a fight.
But they eventually agreed that everyone would get the same.

Fair enough
Then I put to them that I would advise my kids to marry an abbo just to ensure a never ending income.
And I would guess that many many other Australians and immigrants would do the same.
This would put a tremendous burden on the few people who were paying taxes.

They thought about this for a while and said
" Well we would stop that and only abbos could marry abbos"

I said "THATS RACIST"

This went on for a while ( I had 10 days with them and no TV you see)

In the end they all agreed to disagree and nothing was decided

PS
It was a great week and a bit
And the Barra was always fresh.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #20 - Apr 13th, 2018 at 9:44pm

TheFunPolice wrote on Apr 13th, 2018 at 5:03pm:
Valkie wrote on Apr 11th, 2018 at 6:15pm:
Ok
Let's have a sensible discussion about exactly what the Aboriginals Need, Want and Expect.

Let's assume theoretically, that the Australian government have decided to agree to any and all demands of the Aboriginals in an attempt to satisfy their demands.

What do the Aboriginals NEED

What do the Aboriginals WANT

What do the Aboriginals EXPECT.

This is a brainstorming session, so it's no holds barred

Just state what as clearly as possible.

How would I know: I have no Aboriginal blood in me! I assume they want a fair go!

Do you think that Australian society gives them one?  I don't.  Particularly when you have stupid comments like Bobby's just above your's.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #21 - Apr 13th, 2018 at 9:59pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 13th, 2018 at 9:44pm:
Do you think that Australian society gives them one?  I don't.  Particularly when you have stupid comments like Bobby's just above your's.    Roll Eyes

Depends on how they carry themselves - when I worked on rail tunnel building, one of the gangers was an Aboriginal, and he was a really nice guy and a great worker, worth every cent.

Unfortunately most live in remote towns where there is little work - look at Moree and such and that's more civilised than Boggabilla - so it's a bit hard to work out if anyone there is 'getting a fair go'.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #22 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 1:28pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Apr 13th, 2018 at 9:59pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Apr 13th, 2018 at 9:44pm:

Depends on how they carry themselves - when I worked on rail tunnel building, one of the gangers was an Aboriginal, and he was a really nice guy and a great worker, worth every cent.

Unfortunately most live in remote towns where there is little work - look at Moree and such and that's more civilised than Boggabilla - so it's a bit hard to work out if anyone there is 'getting a fair go'.

You appear to be defining a "fair go" as meaning they get a bludger's life, Graps.  No where did I say that.  "A fair go" in most people's parlance means not being judged on the colour of their skin and being given equal opportunity with other people, before being judged by their performance.   In the case of Indigenous Australians you have comments such as Bobby's and others who judge them first and foremost on the colour of their skin.  I have known a few Indigenous Australians over the years.  Some were layabouts, most were hard workers who strived to make sure they had earnt a wage to put food on the table.  Yet, according to the Racists in our society they are all layabout drunkards.  Tsk, tsk.   Until they get given the same "fair go" that other Australians are accorded as their right, they will continue to be judged on the colour of their skin.  Hardly seems fair to me.  Unfortunately it seems all too Australian though.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 2:43pm

I'm glad you said 'appear' - you are often wrong because you have a terrible tendency to 'read in' to anyone else's statement and cast it in the worst possible light.

I treat Kaffirs the same way as everyone else - in an open and friendly manner without judgement - my door is always open ....

The time of 'the fair go' and the 'fair treatment' by 'the good guys' is long gone... it went out the door when this nation began to kow-tow to special interest groups and thus opened the door to inequalities everywhere, and near-anarchy, with 'merit', for example, being how much you are prepared to demand....

Started with the 'feminists' and the nation has been in the sewer ever since.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #24 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 6:37pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 2:43pm:
I'm glad you said 'appear' - you are often wrong because you have a terrible tendency to 'read in' to anyone else's statement and cast it in the worst possible light.

I treat Kaffirs the same way as everyone else - in an open and friendly manner without judgement - my door is always open ....

The time of 'the fair go' and the 'fair treatment' by 'the good guys' is long gone... it went out the door when this nation began to kow-tow to special interest groups and thus opened the door to inequalities everywhere, and near-anarchy, with 'merit', for example, being how much you are prepared to demand....

That is your opinion, Graps.  Unfortunately it is wrong.  Appears you seem to think that giving people a "fair go" includes ignoring their plight, rather than addressing it.  Tsk, tsk.   Never took you for a whiner and a whinger.  Appears I was wrong.  The "Politics of Jealousy" appears to be what you're claiming.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 6:50pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 6:37pm:

That is your opinion, Graps.  Unfortunately it is wrong.  Appears you seem to think that giving people a "fair go" includes ignoring their plight, rather than addressing it.  Tsk, tsk.   Never took you for a whiner and a whinger.  Appears I was wrong.  The "Politics of Jealousy" appears to be what you're claiming.    Roll Eyes

And yet you abhor the Intervention.... was that 'ignoring their plight'?

What would you ask be done for 'their plight'?  Cut off booze supplies?  Give them more sustenance money than every other unemployed person?  Imprison any who beat up their missus or might even think of doing so?  Give them free housing or subsidised housing?

All these have been tried - all you end with up is whining about how they want 'to do things their way' (so if they want to booze their pay let them), whining about the high rate of Aboriginal incarceration, and wrecked and serial movement from one cheap place to live to another with no material improvement in their condition.

How many billions would you like to give them each year to 'help with their plight'?  Can they not do something for themselves?

As for that comment - it came to me from an old Digger mate, who ended up on TPI - you see - many such could read the straws in the wind way back in the 1990's - when this country really started to hit the skids.... funny how you can link that decline directly to social intervention, including 'industrial relations' by governments bent on control of the populace so as to enforce their place in the 'global economy'. These guys KNEW that the future lead to many of them being poor in their reclining and thus their retiring years, so they went for it then, as insurance.  One such, an old mate, said I was stupid to continue to prop up the company we both worked for when its management were running it into the ground... he was right and I took a hit.

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time - but you can't fool all of the people all of the time.  And Diggers are a hard lot to fool.

― John Adams

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #26 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 9:33pm

Brian tends to ignore whatever you say (autopilot, I think he calls it) and blend every person who has ever disagreed with him into one. Thus, he always wins his arguments and leaves everyone wondering what he is on about. He is not reading into your post, he is reading something else.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #27 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 11:05pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 6:50pm:

It wasn't answering their needs.  Of the IIRC 66 findings from the Royal Commission that prompted the Intervention, not one, no, not one, was addressed by the Intervention.  Howard produced this wonderful Intervention and he failed dismally to address what the Royal Commission found.   Tsk, tsk.  Howards second lowest point during his Prime Ministership.   Roll Eyes

Quote:
What would you ask be done for 'their plight'?  Cut off booze supplies?  Give them more sustenance money than every other unemployed person?  Imprison any who beat up their missus or might even think of doing so?  Give them free housing or subsidised housing?

How about addressing the IIRC 66 findings of the Royal Commission, Graps rather than simply throwing the Army at the settlements to build houses?  Hey?  Too hard a concept to grasp?  Really?   Roll Eyes

Now, stop your whinging and whining old man.  Start acting your age.  Start actually addressing the issues rather than just slamming people who have been slammed all their lives by dickheads like you.  It's enough to make a person weep to read the bullshit that you and your fellow whingers and whiners have been posting.  The same tired old bullshit, the same tired old lies and the tired old crap.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 11:25pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 11:05pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 6:50pm:

It wasn't answering their needs.  Of the IIRC 66 findings from the Royal Commission that prompted the Intervention, not one, no, not one, was addressed by the Intervention.  Howard produced this wonderful Intervention and he failed dismally to address what the Royal Commission found.   Tsk, tsk.  Howards second lowest point during his Prime Ministership.   Roll Eyes

Quote:

How about addressing the IIRC 66 findings of the Royal Commission, Graps rather than simply throwing the Army at the settlements to build houses?  Hey?  Too hard a concept to grasp?  Really?   Roll Eyes

Now, stop your whinging and whining old man.  Start acting your age.  Start actually addressing the issues rather than just slamming people who have been slammed all their lives by dickheads like you.  It's enough to make a person weep to read the bullshit that you and your fellow whingers and whiners have been posting.  The same tired old bullshit, the same tired old lies and the tired old crap.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

When do I slam Niqqers, Whiner?  You better get off that sh1t you're on, man.

But the intervention addressed certain aspects of their plight - medical attention for obvious conditions, food supplies... a little bit of law and order - oh - sorry - that was Captain Cook and thus not acceptable, so bash the missus and kids doing it your way on the piss....

You have yet to answer the question - kid - about what would be appropriate to answer their NEEDS - as opposed to their wants.

Now settle down - there's a good kid - and do try to keep the personal vitriol to a minimum.... it doesn't help your or any Niqqer's case for anything except a handout from unemployment benefit and a boot in the arse out the door to find their own way IN their own way as they think they want and 'need' to do.

What ARE these 'needs'?  Are those 'needs' of others equally unemployed etc met other than by a simple handout of Social Security?

What exactly is it that you, and they, imagine you want or need for these whining Niqqers?

You want to move them all into towns?  Never hear the end of the whining about Stolen From their Farken Land...leave 'em to their own devices?  Never hear the end of the whining about how they've been abandoned to a life of drug and alcohol abuse, violence, hunger and neglect by Whitey.

You need to grow up a bit before you start talking to others that way, son.... let's just put all the bastards in re-education camps and let them learn and earn their way out... that'll solve it... and you can go there with them until you learn a little respect for others.... see how you go then.
« Last Edit: Apr 16th, 2018 at 11:30pm by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

― John Adams

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #29 - Apr 17th, 2018 at 5:51pm

I wish I had been given the fair go my aboriginal brothers get.

Free education right through uni would have been great

Special treatment at centalink

First in line for free housing

Paid to go to school

Yep, sounds like we treat them so badly.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Send Topic Print