Re: What would be enough
Reply #105 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 2:25pm

Auggie wrote on Apr 18th, 2018 at 2:04pm:
Gordon wrote on Apr 18th, 2018 at 2:03pm:
Auggie wrote on Apr 18th, 2018 at 1:50pm:
Gnads wrote on Apr 18th, 2018 at 1:48pm:
Auggie wrote on Apr 18th, 2018 at 1:33pm:
Gnads wrote on Apr 18th, 2018 at 1:22pm:
They oppressed each other ..... the different tribal groups & clan groups.

They still do it today.

You're so full of guilt & BS.

Ok, Mr. Smartypants.

Explain how warring with each other in tribes make it easy for them to transition into an industrialized society??

They've had 232 years to give it a crack.  Roll Eyes

And how long did it take us?

More than 2500 years meeting all the conditions necessary to become an industralised society, not to mention two world wars, and the death of millions of people in process.

They're not even 5 percent of the way there.

Actually this is interesting and I've mentioned something about this before.

Aboriginals suffered at the hands of the British and Australians, sure.

However, they've had a civilisation handed to them on a silver platter that took 2500 of slaughter to attain. It's almost like they were given access to a wormhole and have been propelled 5000 (probably more) from stone and to space age in  a few hundred years.

They paid a very small cost to reach modernity compared to everyone else.

Doesn't matter, Gordie. It only works if the society to which it is given has the necessary conditions already in place.

The prerequisite of industralisation is feudalism. The indigenous peoples didn't meet that condition, so the access doesn't matter.

EDIT: you can't go from hunter-gatherer to industralisation straightaway, you have to go through stages first, otherwise it doesn't work.

That's why I said we should ramp up integration with education. Leaving them thinking there is any chance of retaining the old way will only prolong their suffering as fringe dwellers.

IBI

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #106 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 2:27pm

Gordon wrote on Apr 18th, 2018 at 2:25pm:

They still do it today.

Ok, Mr. Smartypants.

Explain how warring with each other in tribes make it easy for them to transition into an industrialized society??

More than 2500 years meeting all the conditions necessary to become an industralised society, not to mention two world wars, and the death of millions of people in process.

However, they've had a civilisation handed to them on a silver platter that took 2500 of slaughter to attain. It's almost like they were given access to a wormhole and have been propelled 5000 (probably more) from stone and to space age in  a few hundred years.

Doesn't matter, Gordie. It only works if the society to which it is given has the necessary conditions already in place.

The prerequisite of industralisation is feudalism. The indigenous peoples didn't meet that condition, so the access doesn't matter.

EDIT: you can't go from hunter-gatherer to industralisation straightaway, you have to go through stages first, otherwise it doesn't work.

That's why I said we should ramp up integration with education. Leaving them thinking there is any chance of retaining the old way will only prolong their suffering as fringe dwellers.

Fair enough, so long as you recognise that the indigenous peoples don't meet the conditions necessary to progress to an industrialised society within a short period of time. 200 odd years isn't enough time. It took more than 5000 years to get from hunter-gatherer to complex civilization, and a further 5000 years to get from civilization to enlightenment.

The Progressive President

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #107 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 2:35pm

Auggie wrote on Apr 18th, 2018 at 2:27pm:

They still do it today.

Ok, Mr. Smartypants.

Fair enough, so long as you recognise that the indigenous peoples don't meet the conditions necessary to progress to an industrialised society within a short period of time. 200 odd years isn't enough time. It took more than 5000 years to get from hunter-gatherer to complex civilization, and a further 5000 years to get from civilization to enlightenment.

I think you're off course here a bit.

You don't need to know how to make a car to be able to drive one. They don't need to reinvent the wheel. They don't need to reenact our history to function in the society we've created.

Hmm ok I kind of see what you're saying. They can't have the hunter gatherer mindset AND modernity at the same time, but individually they can choose modernity.

IBI

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #108 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 2:38pm

Gordon wrote on Apr 18th, 2018 at 2:35pm:
Auggie wrote on Apr 18th, 2018 at 2:27pm:

They still do it today.

Ok, Mr. Smartypants.

I think you're off course here a bit.

You don't need to know how to make a car to be able to drive one. They don't need to reinvent the wheel. They don't need to reenact our history to function in the society we've created.

Hmm ok I kind of see what you're saying. They can't have the hunter gatherer mindset AND modernity at the same time, but individually they can choose modernity.

Sure, they can choose individually to do so. It's also true that individuals are often constraints by the institutions in which they raised or live in.

IP Logged

HooYAY its FriYAY
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #109 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 2:40pm

Nothing.

It’s not about enough.

It’s about maintaining the rage, never taking responsibility, always having someone or something to blame.

A classic I reckon are the lazy fat alco turds living in the shadow of the missive open cut at Kalgoorlie. “where’s our money, where’s our money”

Get off your lazy fat black arses and get a job ffs....  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #110 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 2:43pm

Black Man says: "You take Australia from us Black peoples, we take your 'MEDIA'."

Yep - only white guys on Media are gay ones and poor ones. Grin Grin Grin

Aboriginals take 222 years to become 'civilised'.
British took 800 years via Rome to become 'civilised'.
Grin

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #111 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 2:51pm

They still do it today.

Ok, Mr. Smartypants.

Why is feudalism the prerequisite?

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #112 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 2:54pm

HooYAY its FriYAY wrote on Apr 18th, 2018 at 2:40pm:
Nothing.

It’s not about enough.

It’s about maintaining the rage, never taking responsibility, always having someone or something to blame.

A classic I reckon are the lazy fat alco turds living in the shadow of the missive open cut at Kalgoorlie. “where’s our money, where’s our money”

IN MY OPINION THEY HAVE A RIGHT TO BE ANGRY!

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

HooYAY its FriYAY
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #113 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 3:03pm

TheFunPolice wrote on Apr 18th, 2018 at 2:54pm:
HooYAY its FriYAY wrote on Apr 18th, 2018 at 2:40pm:
Nothing.

It’s not about enough.

IN MY OPINION THEY HAVE A RIGHT TO BE ANGRY!

Fair enough.

But angry, lazy, blaming, irresponsible, drug addled, abusive, dirty, dependant...... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #114 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 3:04pm

TheFunPolice wrote on Apr 18th, 2018 at 2:51pm:

They still do it today.

Ok, Mr. Smartypants.

Why is feudalism the prerequisite?

Feudalism is a pre-requisite because of the advancements in agriculture which it creates. Also, it enshrined the idea of private property in the form of inclosures, etc.

I should mention also that Feudalism eventually died away in Europe and was replaced by Absolute Rule, thereby returning to centralisation and empires.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #115 - Apr 19th, 2018 at 1:01am

Put the Kangaroo Kaffirs to Feudalism first and then move forward with them....

I say this is all bullshit.  I've known many Kangaroo Kaffirs and many of them are intelligent, but often find themselves in areas where there is NO WORK - for anyone!  This business of assimilating into a tertiary production culture is laughable when you look at the majority of country towns....

What the reality is - is that many Kangaroo Kaffirs feel a sense of entitlement and feel oppressed because they can't get a job, either, and so they turn to alcohol, drugs and criminal behaviour - part of which is 'revenge' on Whitey.... I've met some who actually feel that if they steal from Whitey, they are only getting back what they had stolen.....

When this nation can provide secure jobs and genuine opportunity to get ahead on merit and have those opportunities evenly spread across the nation, rather than being more available in big cities than in the bush - then we might see some changes....

I've lived in the city and in the bush - and let me tell you - finding a job in the bush is one hell of a lot harder, even though in the cities the floor has collapsed under many avenues of work.  I turn 69 this year, and am still on the lookout for a job part-time.

Now try arguing the REASONS for this and not attack those who ask for reasonable answers to important questions about Aboriginals.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print