Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Gun thefts double (Read 3867 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Gun thefts double
Apr 9th, 2018 at 12:25pm

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Lionel Edriess
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Gun thefts double
Reply #1 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 8:08pm

Your point?

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 9th, 2018 at 12:25pm:

One also wonders about the glorification of criminals via the MSM over the same period.  Roll Eyes

Since when did these punks become protected species?

Toughen up, Australia!

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #2 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 8:38pm

Lionel Edriess wrote on Apr 9th, 2018 at 8:08pm:
Your point?

One also wonders about the glorification of criminals via the MSM over the same period.  Roll Eyes

I always understood that security was the responsibility of the owner, Lionel.  The punks are just seeking easy thefts...    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Apr 10th, 2018 at 7:49am

Like your house ... if criminals want in they will get in

the same applies to Gun Safes.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Apr 10th, 2018 at 10:21am

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 9th, 2018 at 8:38pm:
Your point?

I always understood that security was the responsibility of the owner, Lionel.  The punks are just seeking easy thefts...    Roll Eyes

The gun grabbers always blame the victims for these thefts, it appears ok for them to blame the victims of crime when they're gun owners,  they think of ways to punish all law abiding firearm owners for these thefts and never come up with anything to deter criminals from stealing these firearms.
The penalty under our laws for stealing a gun is the same as for stealing a TV perhaps this needs to change.

Is this an example of an easy theft?

Quote:
He said a tractor at the property was started and used to ram and partly destroy the home to gain access to a 400 kilogram gun safe.
The safe was then removed containing the weapons, which are valued at about $20,000.

The stolen firearms included .22 calibre rifles, shotguns, .300 calibre and .308 weapons.

“When we arrived police members thought the house were derelict but apparently it was fine before the break-in was committed,” Detective Senior Constable Sims said.
http://www.standard.net.au/story/5208188/fifteen-firearms-stolen-after-tractor-w...

When guns are stolen from licensed firearm owners the victims of these thefts are often treated like a criminals and charged despite the fact they're a victim of crime.
Quote:
Victorian Nationals MP Peter Crisp has escaped conviction on firearm charges in a NSW court, sparing the Napthine government a potential by-election.
But the Mildura MP was put on a 12-month good behaviour bond for failing to stop the theft of a gun from his NSW farm.
Crisp, 60, was placed on the bond without conviction for failing to prevent the theft or loss of a prohibited firearm.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/victorian-mp-avoids-firearm-conviction-20140602-...

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #5 - Apr 10th, 2018 at 3:48pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Apr 10th, 2018 at 10:21am:
Your point?

The gun grabbers always blame the victims for these thefts, it appears ok for them to blame the victims of crime when they're gun owners,  they think of ways to punish all law abiding firearm owners for these thefts and never come up with anything to deter criminals from stealing these firearms.

If a gun owner fails to secure their firearms adequately, then they should be penalised if the firearms are stolen, Baron.  Rather like the owners of any dangerous tool should be punished, if it is stolen.   Do you think a firearms owner should instead of commended if their dangerous property is stolen?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Quote:
The penalty under our laws for stealing a gun is the same as for stealing a TV perhaps this needs to change.

Indeed, it should.  How long a sentence would be, in your opinion, appropriate, Baron?

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Apr 10th, 2018 at 5:28pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 10th, 2018 at 3:48pm:
Baronvonrort wrote on Apr 10th, 2018 at 10:21am:
Your point?

If a gun owner fails to secure their firearms adequately, then they should be penalised if the firearms are stolen, Baron.  Rather like the owners of any dangerous tool should be punished, if it is stolen.

Quote:

Indeed, it should.  How long a sentence would be, in your opinion, appropriate, Baron?

Can you cite where owners of these so called dangerous tools are charged if they're stolen, what tools are you talking about bwian and what charges do they face?  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Interesting how the gun grabbers never mention anything about the criminals when firearms are stolen it's always how to be tougher on licensed firearm owners by treating them as criminals when they're the victims of crime. Victim blaming appears to be ok with Hoplophobes when it comes to gun owners.

The police never lie we can trust them. It's just a coincidence these homes were broken into and the only things stolen were guns  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Quote:
Cops and shooters showdown over Firearm Registry

The General Manager of the NSW Firearms Registry, Superintendent Bruce Lyons, has blamed the recent spike in firearms thefts in the Far West on slack owners and coincidence.
This is despite the opinions of Broken Hill Police and the Shooters and Fishers Party.

Superintendent Lyons says it's not rue that the recent spike in Broken Hill gun thefts is the work of thieves who've had access to the Registry database.

He says it's probably just a coincidence that similar guns have been stolen from the homes of elderly gun owners in the past few weeks.

Mr Borsak says information he received from police whistleblower, David Good, revealed the Firearms Registry database had been compromised for two years before 2001.

Borsak claims during that time police had no way of tracking who had accessed the database at all, so police have no grounds for their confidence in the Registry's security.

"That's not possible for them to say that with any authority," he said. "The very fact there was no tracking of who logged on, who downloaded what or where it went means they cannot say with any authority that information wasn't stolen or wasn't misappropriated from the intranet.

"So for them to say that it's just a furphy. They simply do not know."

But Detective Inspector Mick Stoltenberg of the Barrier Local Area Command says the victims of the Broken Hill thefts all had their weapons stored in safes that complied with the current security regulations.

"The owners are doing the right thing," he said. "Their safes do comply with the legal standard, but obviously things appear as though somebody out there is definitely targeting firearm theft in our area."

In the last two weeks, 21 guns have been stolen in four separate domestic robberies in Broken Hill. All targetted homes owned by elderly people, no other valuables were taken and the thieves all came armed with bolt cutters. 

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-08-28/gun-showdown/4917740

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #7 - Apr 10th, 2018 at 7:05pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Apr 10th, 2018 at 5:28pm:
Can you cite where owners of these so called dangerous tools are charged if they're stolen, what tools are you talking about bwian and what charges do they face?  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

The theft and misuse of medical drugs comes to mind, Baron.  There are considerable penalties for allowing that to occur.

Quote:
Interesting how the gun grabbers never mention anything about the criminals when firearms are stolen it's always how to be tougher on licensed firearm owners by treating them as criminals when they're the victims of crime. Victim blaming appears to be ok with Hoplophobes when it comes to gun owners.

Ah, again, so should they instead be commended for allowing their firearms to be stolen, Baron?

I don't think so.  You claim you're a responsible gun owner, then act responsibly and accept the blame for failing to secure your firearms when/if they are stolen, Baron.  Stop whining and whinging like a cry baby.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Apr 10th, 2018 at 8:16pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 10th, 2018 at 7:05pm:

The theft and misuse of medical drugs comes to mind, Baron.  There are considerable penalties for allowing that to occur.

Quote:

Ah, again, so should they instead be commended for allowing their firearms to be stolen, Baron?

I don't think so.  You claim you're a responsible gun owner, then act responsibly and accept the blame for failing to secure your firearms when/if they are stolen, Baron.  Stop whining and whinging like a cry baby.   Roll Eyes

So you cannot cite any tools apart from guns where owners are charged when they're victims of crime?

Did I say firearm owners who are victims of crime should be commended or did you pluck that from your ass?

Did you know in NSW they count spare barrels as a firearm with theft statistics?

Air rifles, paintball guns,tranquiliser guns , powerheads and T shirt cannons are also considered firearms and counted with theft statistics.

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Apr 10th, 2018 at 8:45pm

How the hell are you supposed to stop a thief stealing your firearms?

Is it because it is a gun that the law now changes and we can "take the thief down"?
How freakin rediculous. I mean if my car is stolen I am supposed to wish the thief well and let them be on their way but a gun...oh no...I'm supposed to stop the thief.

Another example of over policed bullshit...and people in places they shouldn't be (post turtles) making stupid fkkkn laws.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #10 - Apr 10th, 2018 at 10:18pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Apr 10th, 2018 at 8:16pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Apr 10th, 2018 at 7:05pm:

Quote:

So you cannot cite any tools apart from guns where owners are charged when they're victims of crime?

Reread the first paragraph that I made as a contribution - I have highlighted it for your benefit, Baron.   Roll Eyes

Quote:
Did I say firearm owners who are victims of crime should be commended or did you pluck that from your ass?

When did I mention I have a donkey, Baron?  Tsk, tsk, showing your American influence?  I think you mean my posterior?  No, I did not pluck it from there.  I mentioned it (twice) 'cause that is apparently what you seem to believe should be the case if they aren't charged.  You really are a silly sausage.   Roll Eyes

Quote:
Did you know in NSW they count spare barrels as a firearm with theft statistics?

Barrels are capable of being used to manufacture new firearms, Baron.   Roll Eyes

Quote:
Air rifles, paintball guns, tranquiliser guns, powerheads and T-shirt cannons are also considered firearms and counted with theft statistics.

Again, all potentially dangerous weapons, Baron.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 8:42pm

Quote:
Debate on tighter gun control must be based on clearer info

THERE’S something rotten in the state of Victorian and NSW police crime statistics.

Both forces show a doubling in firearm thefts within just 12 months.

For Victoria, thefts jumped from 426 in 2010-11 to 763 in 2011-12. Since then firearm thefts have hovered around the 700 mark, with 739 stolen in 2016-17.
It’s a similar story in NSW, where thefts jumped from 439 in 2009-10 to 700 in the following year. Thefts have remained in the 700s ever since.

So, what’s going on and why does it matter?

When asked, Crime Statistics Australia, which took over responsibility for managing the database in 2015, handballed the issue to the police forces, who couldn’t provide an answer.
There are clearly problems with the data that make it almost impossible to compare years.

We can also see the statistics include “firearms” that have no fire. When firearm thefts hit a high of 773 in 2015-16, it included the theft of 149 paintball guns and 29 air rifles and a “barrel”.

The most recent statistics for Victoria include the theft of 43 air rifles, five imitation guns and a cluster of “other firearms” that allows the inclusion of glue guns, flare guns, nail guns and any other device that includes the word gun in police reports.
It’s hard to imagine these “weapons” posing a major risk to society.

https://www.weeklytimesnow.com.au/news/opinion/debate-on-tighter-gun-control-mus...

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #12 - Apr 19th, 2018 at 7:40am

Quote:
Victorian Nationals MP Peter Crisp has escaped conviction on firearm charges in a NSW court, sparing the Napthine government a potential by-election.
But the Mildura MP was put on a 12-month good behaviour bond for failing to stop the theft of a gun from his NSW farm.
Crisp, 60, was placed on the bond without conviction for failing to prevent the theft or loss of a prohibited firearm.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/victorian-mp-avoids-firearm-conviction-20140602-...

How was he supposed to stop THAT?

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Apr 28th, 2018 at 11:28am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Apr 19th, 2018 at 7:40am:
Quote:

How was he supposed to stop THAT?

Spot

Exactly.
This country and it's stupid laws.

If your gun gets nicked then you are supposed to magically stop it from happening.....but any other possession you're supposed to let it happen.
Disgraceful. This alone should be ringing alarm bells in even the do gooders.
The c@#ts (cause that's what they are) making these laws need to be locked up or better still, shot.

IP Logged

Vangard

Australian Politics +

Reply #14 - Jun 1st, 2018 at 11:40am

Did anyone ever wonder that because the crims would be willing to pay handsomely, that a down in their luck farmer might be willing to sell his firearms for 10x as much as he paid for them, to someone he doesnt know or care to know. Then ring the coppers and say that they were stolen long after the fact?  Shocked

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print