Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
The official 30th newspoll lost thread (Read 5127 times)
Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Re: The official 30th newspoll lost thread
Reply #15 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 3:54am

Its time wrote on Apr 8th, 2018 at 11:15pm:
Its official

Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull has suffered his
30th consecutive loss
to Labor in the latest Newspoll - the same marker he used when rolling Tony Abbott for the top job in 2015.
The Coalition trails Labor 48-52 on a two party preferred basis, according to results published by The Australian tonight.
However, Mr Turnbull remains preferred PM at 38 per cent to Opposition Leader Bill Shorten's 36 per cent.

The national survey of 1597 voters was done between April 5 and 8.

Highlighted part for Gawdin  Grin

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 6:32am

Dnarever wrote on Apr 8th, 2018 at 10:55am:
I would think that Turdy has to stand aside if he gets to 30

"We have lost thirty Newspolls in a row. It is clear that the people have made up their mind about Mr Abbott’s leadership,”

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 7:04am

greggerypeccary wrote on Apr 9th, 2018 at 6:32am:

"We have lost thirty Newspolls in a row. It is clear that the people have made up their mind about Mr Abbott’s leadership,”

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-dYG7BLqkfyY/VgG9Ourun6I/AAAAAAAAxoY/6bJS1uWwXHs/s1600/...

if malcolm is replaced before the election , i will leave the forum forever

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 7:59am

aquascoot wrote on Apr 9th, 2018 at 7:04am:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-dYG7BLqkfyY/VgG9Ourun6I/AAAAAAAAxoY/6bJS1uWwXHs/s1600/...

I hope he's not.

I wanna see Bill take him down   Grin

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 8:12am

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

salad in
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 9:07am

Time for the banker (or is it wanker) to the do the honourable thing and hand in his commission.

Oh wait......we're talking about Australian politicians and doing the honourable thing. That there is an oxymoron.

The ALP, the progressive party, the party of ideas, the workers' friend, is the only Australian political party to roast four young Australians in roof cavities. SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!

IP Logged

stokerjim
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 10:09am

"Bishop stands by Turnbull after poll loss
Deputy Liberal leader Julie Bishop says she has great confidence Malcolm Turnbull will lead the government to the next election, despite losing 30 Newspolls."

Bye Mal

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 10:15am

Quote:
"Bishop stands by Turnbull after poll loss
Deputy Liberal leader Julie Bishop says she has great confidence Malcolm Turnbull will lead the government to the next election, despite losing 30 Newspolls."

Bye Mal

Grin

IP Logged

Vic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne Victoria
Reply #23 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 10:27am

Had to post this!   Not sure if it is legit, but funny anyway  Edit:   Apparently in today's Herald-Sun

Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Liberal Lies
Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Liberal Lies

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 10:33am

Vic wrote on Apr 9th, 2018 at 10:27am:
Had to post this!   Not sure if it is legit, but funny anyway  Edit:   Apparently in today's Herald-Sun

Nice.  I like that    Smiley

And, it's amazing the difference an apostrophe can make.

"Love, your friends at Trade Hall"

IP Logged

hatman92

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 10:41am

No federal government in Australia will get the support of the people in this social media world we now live in.

We would be better off returning to the 1960's when most people worked in factories and one family member stayed at home.

Certainly the "education revolution" turned most people into educated greedy idiots.

IP Logged

tickleandrose
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 11:15am

I think PM Malcolm had been weighed down by the extreme right of the party.   If you remember, when he first overthrow PM Abbott after just 1/2 term of extreme right wing politics, people were overjoyed.  They thought the politics would swing back to the middle, and the mistakes would be undone.   As a result, his approval rating was through the roof.

But then, he retreated pretty much back to PM Abbott policy, and too afraid to move.   And that slowly eroded his popularity away.   You see, Mr Shorten did not do anything, he did it all to himself. 

He should have acted way before the last election.  He should have gotten his leather jacket out, and do those things that he wanted to, like he said when he was frequent on Q&A.  Do that he would have been very popular with the people, and his party room cant do anything to him. 
« Last Edit: Apr 9th, 2018 at 11:54am by tickleandrose »  

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 11:26am

tickleandrose wrote on Apr 9th, 2018 at 11:15am:
I think PM Malcolm had been weighed down by the extreme right of the party.   If you remember, when he first overthrow PM Abbott after just 1/2 term of extreme right wing politics, people were overjoyed.  They thought the politics would swing back to the middle, and the mistakes would be undone.   As a result, his approval rating was through the roof.

But then, he retreated pretty much back to PM Abbott policy, and too afraid to move.   And that slowly eroded his popularity away.   You see, Mr Shorten did not do anything, he did it all to himself. 

He should have acted way before the last election.  He should have gotten his leather jacket out, and do this things that he wanted to, like he said when he was frequent on Q&A.  Do that he would have been very popular with the people, and his party room cant do anything to him. 

He'd do well to take some advice from John Anderson.

I heard him somewhere on the weekend (can't remember where), and he was talking sense.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 11:34am

aquascoot wrote on Apr 9th, 2018 at 7:04am:

hilarious!!!!.....

likewise if bull shiit wins the election we righties will all  up and leave ozpol... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #29 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 11:38am

tickleandrose wrote on Apr 9th, 2018 at 11:15am:

He should have acted way before the last election.  He should have gotten his leather jacket out, and do this things that he wanted to, like he said when he was frequent on Q&A.  Do that he would have been very popular with the people, and his party room cant do anything to him. 

I think he had a small window from between about September 2015 and Christmas 2015 when he had the opportunity to push a real 'Malcolm Turnbull' agenda. His polling was that high that he really could have just given the finger to the right in his party. Yet what did he do? He just waffled on about innovation without actually doing anything. After that period, the opportunity was lost - as the polls started narrowing, the right in his party became emoldened, and Turnbull froze with fear. His only solution then was to call a DD election. Hit the reset button, get his own mandate and try again. The result of course was a 1 seat majority, his authority and legitimacy in his own party shot to pieces. He's been paralyzed ever since. Two things have probably kept him in his place until now - 1. the lack of any alternative and 2. the inability of Shorten to really ram home his advantage in terms of poll numbers.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print