Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
“So this is British justice is it? (Read 1660 times)
Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
“So this is British justice is it?
Apr 5th, 2018 at 10:54pm

We are all just cattle to our governments. he could have just accepted his fate and not caused any trouble!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5918750/richard-osborn-brooks-hither-green-burglar...

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

Benson

Australian Politics

England
Re: “So this is British justice is it?
Reply #1 - Apr 28th, 2018 at 7:19am

After consulting with the CPS, police will take no further action.

So justice has prevailed.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #2 - Apr 28th, 2018 at 7:38am

Its the same here. Not allowed to kill in self defense (or even injure i suspect)

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #3 - Apr 29th, 2018 at 1:30am

You are allowed to, if it is actual self defence. You aren't allowed to kill people just because they break in.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #4 - Apr 29th, 2018 at 8:52am

Quote:

You aren't allowed to kill people just because they break in.

Violent home invasions seem [to me] to be becoming increasing common in Australia today.
[...or is it just that 'they are being reported more today'  ?]

THINK ABOUT IT;

We [law abiding citizens] are lawfully permitted to be defenceless.

We [law abiding citizens] are lawfully permitted to be the victims of violent criminals.
[e.g. if you tell your local police that you have been threatened, do you think that they are going to expend resources to protect you ?    they won't.    your own well being and safety, is wholly your own responsibility.]

A witty remark which emerged in the USA said....
It is better to be judged by twelve than to be carried by six.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Apr 29th, 2018 at 3:46pm

freediver wrote on Apr 29th, 2018 at 1:30am:
You are allowed to, if it is actual self defence. You aren't allowed to kill people just because they break in.

That should be changed.

After dark I had a thug trying to gain access to my house while he knew I was at home.

I should by law have been perfectly entitled to put a bullet in him the moment he stepped into the place.

Personally, I would have the law sanction anyone who shot an intruder who entered their house uninvited, regardless of the intruder making physical threats or not.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #6 - Apr 29th, 2018 at 6:35pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Apr 29th, 2018 at 3:46pm:

That should be changed.

After dark I had a thug trying to gain access to my house while he knew I was at home.

I should by law have been perfectly entitled to put a bullet in him the moment he stepped into the place.

Personally, I would have the law sanction anyone who shot an intruder who entered their house uninvited, regardless of the intruder making physical threats or not.

Herbert,

imo, as soon as any householder can [to their own satisfaction] ascertain that an uninvited 'visitor' is there [has entered his/her property] with some nefarious intention, the householder should be able to 'dispatch' that person, without fear of any charge being brought against them.

That should be 'the law', imo.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Apr 29th, 2018 at 10:34pm

That should be changed.

what stopped the thug? Or was he successful? Did you hide while he ransacked your place?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Apr 30th, 2018 at 7:57pm

rhino wrote on Apr 29th, 2018 at 10:34pm:

That should be changed.

what stopped the thug? Or was he successful? Did you hide while he ransacked your place?

No, it was Herbie's landlady. He promised to pay his arrears on pension day and she left.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #9 - Apr 30th, 2018 at 8:39pm

Benson wrote on Apr 28th, 2018 at 7:19am:
After consulting with the CPS, police will take no further action.

So justice has prevailed.

Is there any verification of that?

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #10 - May 7th, 2018 at 5:25am

That is where the UK and Australia gets it wrong: it is totally justified if a burglar breaks into a house, enters then ends up dead. The USA gets it wrong by going to far:  shooting black kids who haven't broken into a house but who look like they might ...

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #11 - May 9th, 2018 at 5:22pm

That should be changed.

Jehovah's Witnesses, you have been warned, Dirty Herby is gonna get ya.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #12 - May 9th, 2018 at 6:08pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 30th, 2018 at 7:57pm:
No, it was Herbie's landlady. He promised to pay his arrears on pension day and she left.

Grin Grin Grin

Bastard

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #13 - May 22nd, 2018 at 7:11am

AiA wrote on May 7th, 2018 at 5:25am:
That is where the UK and Australia gets it wrong: it is totally justified if a burglar breaks into a house, enters then ends up dead.

Its the inevitable price we must pay to avoid a culture of revenge and vigilante justice.

I remember a story some years ago (in Melbourne I think) where an old man, tired of his house being broken in to, shot dead a burglar with a shotgun. He was not charged.

Conviction is the art of being certain

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #14 - May 31st, 2018 at 2:37am

NorthOfNorth wrote on May 22nd, 2018 at 7:11am:
AiA wrote on May 7th, 2018 at 5:25am:
That is where the UK and Australia gets it wrong: it is totally justified if a burglar breaks into a house, enters then ends up dead.

Its the inevitable price we must pay to avoid a culture of revenge and vigilante justice.

I remember a story some years ago (in Melbourne I think) where an old man, tired of his house being broken in to, shot dead a burglar with a shotgun. He was not charged.

Good story.. but why is it 'inevitable' that the general populace, under the heel of the ruling government etc elite who generally have no idea, have to endure violence and invasion or be punished? How is a simple matter of home and family defence a 'culture of revenge and vigilante justice'?

It's not revenge to defend yourself and home and family... and it's not vigilante to do the same - it is a natural instinct.

No wonder they say that Geminis like my good self should be judges....

Incidentally - that is why judges take an oath of office to 'uphold law equally for all'.... and not just to uphold 'law as written' as is decreed for police officers (the SS oath of fealty and loyalty).

For judges to do otherwise is to court the disaster of a NAZI Germany or a Stalinist Russia ....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print