Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Keating is still our royal fool (Read 28732 times)
lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Keating is still our royal fool
Reply #30 - Apr 6th, 2018 at 10:49pm

Its time wrote on Apr 6th, 2018 at 10:46pm:
He was against all that gilted bs , dusty heirlooms and people that thought they were more important

But obviously doesn't include antique French clocks. Wink

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #31 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 10:43am

BigOl64 wrote on Apr 2nd, 2018 at 5:51pm:
Jeez this clown can't stay out of the limelight and will say anything moronic thing to be heard. He became irrelevant 20 years ago, now it is time to do what all good ex-PMs do, shut up and take the money.

Former prime ministers Paul Keating and Tony Abbott have clashed over what Prince Charles may or may not think about Australia ditching the monarchy.
On the eve of the Commonwealth Games Mr Keating has claimed the heir to the British throne supports Australia becoming a republic and would welcome not having to "pretend" one day to be the country's head of state.
Former prime minister Paul Keating says he believes Prince Charles supports Australia becoming a republic.
Former prime minister Paul Keating says he believes Prince Charles supports Australia becoming a republic.

But the former Labor leader's comments have angered monarchist Mr Abbott, who has suggested it's not true.
"Prince Charles would just want to do his duty and he shouldn't be verballed by an ex-PM," the former Liberal prime minister and now right-wing backbencher posted on Twitter.
Another senior right-wing Liberal, Eric Abetz, also rounded on Mr Keating, accusing him of mounting "self-serving and egotistical" arguments for a republic.

"Mr Keating's musings clearly have no basis in fact and are just a sad feature of the latest Republican push," the Tasmanian senator said in a statement.
Mr Keating advocated for a republic when he led the country and used an opinion piece in London's The Sunday Times to again make that argument.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/politics/federal/keating-abbott-in-right-royal-...

Paul Keating was possibly the greatest politician Australia has ever produced.

But he sure f@rked this country good and proper tying our dollar to the green back selling public cash cows like CBA and Telstra to the oligarchy and introducing neo liberalism backing free trade and globalisation.

No wonder he was voted Treasurer of the year.

When he floated our dollar it when from near equivalent to half of the value of the green back, then the oligarchy waltzed into Australia and bought up everything for half price.

Being a great politician doesn't necessarily mean you have done great things for your country, he just excelled at being a politician. 

Oh and he does come from an Irish background so I can understand his stance towards the royals.

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #32 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 1:06pm

Keating was just a raven-haired 'car salesman' Politician and like those Brunette 'spin doctors', they can only practice Politics based upon the past.

Thank god more Rangas and Blonde males are getting into Politics and taking it into the 'future'.

I could definitely say Kerry O'Brien (ABC) would have made a better Politician than Juliar Gillard or Pauline Hanson as far as 'Rangas' go in this country.

I pissed on the Lodge front step when Keating was in power and I was living in Kirribilli. Grin

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print