No.    
  2 (25.0%)
Could not care less.    
  2 (25.0%)

Total votes: 8
« Created by: Aussie on: Apr 1st, 2018 at 7:33pm »

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 102
Send Topic Print
Relationship to the truth (Read 74095 times)
Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Relationship to the truth
Mar 30th, 2018 at 8:07am

Quote:
Leaked Memo: EPA Shows Workers How To Downplay Climate Change

The Environmental Protection Agency on Tuesday evening sent employees a list of eight approved talking points on climate change from its Office of Public Affairs ― guidelines that promote a message of uncertainty about climate science and gloss over proposed cuts to key adaptation programs.

And Booby thinks climate scientists are fudging things and will be charged. No, Booby, that is the Trumpy administration doing the fudging.

Quote:
“Human activity impacts our changing climate in some manner,” one point reads. “The ability to measure with precision the degree and extent of that impact, and what to do about it, are subject to continuing debate and dialogue.”

We know how human activity promotes climate change and have suspected it since 1820 and the basic science was set out in 1905. No real uncertainty remains, certainly not since satellite observations were integrated into terrestrial weather observations.

Quote:
The other states: “While there has been extensive research and a host of published reports on climate change, clear gaps remain including our understanding of the role of human activity and what we can do about it.”

No real gaps. This is just obfuscation as played by oil companies like Exxon of which Pruitt was the CEO. Poor Booby, he really did think scientists were going to be charged with fiddling data. Nope.

It gets worse:
Quote:
The delivery of the talking points comes a week after Pruitt announced plans to restrict the agency’s use of science in writing environmental rules, barring the use of research unless the raw data can be made public for other scientists and industry to scrutinize. That directive would disqualify huge amounts of public health research conducted on the condition that subjects’ personal information will remain private. Two former top EPA officials called the move an “attack on science” in a New York Times op-ed published Monday.

So much for integrity under Trumpy:
Quote:
The agency had also suggested zeroing out funding for most of its major climate and regional science grant programs, only to see Congress reject most of the cuts in the budget bill passed last week.

The assertions made in the new EPA talking points are not rooted in science. Ninety-seven percent of peer-reviewed research agrees with the conclusion that emissions from burning fossil fuels, deforestation and industrial farming are enshrouding the planet in heat-trapping gases, and are the primary causes of rising planetary temperatures. A research review published in November 2016 found significant flaws in the methodologies, assumptions or analyses used by the 3 percent of scientists who concluded otherwise.

Not that Dubyne is a scientist, snake oil salesman more like.

The full email:
Quote:
Dear Colleagues:

During the recent meeting of our Cross-EPA Work Group on Climate Adaptation, several individuals suggested it would be helpful to develop consistent messages about EPA’s climate adaptation efforts that could be used across all Program and Regional Offices. I’m pleased to report that the Office of Public Affairs (OPA) has developed a set of talking points about climate change that include several related to climate adaptation. These talking points were distributed today by Nancy Grantham (OPA) to the Communications Directors and the Regional Public Affairs Directors.

The following are the talking points distributed by OPA. I have highlighted those relating specifically to our adaptation work.

EPA recognizes the challenges that communities face in adapting to a changing climate.

EPA works with state, local, and tribal governments to improve infrastructure to protect against the consequences of climate change and natural disasters.

EPA also promotes science that helps inform states, municipalities, and tribes on how to plan for and respond to extreme events and environmental emergencies.
Moving forward, EPA will continue to advance its climate adaptation efforts, and has reconvened the cross-EPA Adaptation Working Group in support of those efforts.

Human activity impacts our changing climate in some manner.
YES!
The ability to measure with precision the degree and extent of that impact, and what to do about it, are subject to continuing debate and dialogue.
WRONG!

While there has been extensive research and a host of published reports on climate change, clear gaps remain including our understanding of the role of human activity and what we can do about it.
LIE!

As a key regulatory voice, it is important for the Agency to strive for a better understanding of these gaps given their potential significant influence on our country’s domestic economic viability.
BY SHUTTING DOWN SCIENCE?

Administrator Pruitt encourages an open, transparent debate on climate science.
Best regards,

Joel

Joel D. Scheraga, Ph.D

My comments

https://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/entry/epa-climate-adaptation_us_5abbb5e3e4b04a...

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Re: Relationship to the truth
Reply #1 - Mar 30th, 2018 at 7:26pm

Ha! 61% say the world is warming. In line with my poll that Booby deleted. Of course, the dupe can’t think for himself and realise nobody believes his idiotic ice age rubbish. No, it is all a dastardly plot by members of my board  Roll Eyes

Quit as Mod so a reasonable person can run Environment, Booby! You are not trusted as a Mod so nobody will post in your Dubyne MRB.

And Thorium was thrashed out earlier, a teensy bit better than uranium is all.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #2 - Mar 30th, 2018 at 8:34pm

Have any posters from Monk's forum been asked to come over here and vote for global warming?

I can't get access to the members room over there to see if a plot was cooked up by Monk & Aussie -
maybe someone can and tell me if my suspicions are correct?

I highlighted that David DuByne had mentioned the poll in one of his videos and
then within a few days 4 more votes were posted for Global warming.
I doubt a moderator will tell me who voted?

here at 6:27

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #3 - Mar 30th, 2018 at 8:40pm

Nobody believes in the ice age garbage, that is what the poll says. Who has posted in favor of the ice age in all 318 pages of garbage? The poll is in line with that. I guess me posting about your poll here got some to go to the Dubyne MRB and vote in the poll.

We have not plotted to get a heap of people to suddenly vote in your poll.

Quit as Mod, ask to have the ice age crap moved to Fringe or One Nation and post dubious videos to your hearts content. Meanwhile, a Mod who knows something of the subject can be appointed to Environment. You have done your dash by modifying peoples’ posts. I have PMd FD to do this not that he will read it.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #4 - Mar 30th, 2018 at 8:42pm

Bobby. wrote on Mar 30th, 2018 at 8:34pm:
Have any posters from Monk's forum been asked to come over here and vote for global warming?

I can't get access to the members room over there to see if a plot was cooked up by Monk & Aussie -
maybe someone can and tell me if my suspicions are correct?

I highlighted that David DuByne had mentioned the poll in one of his videos and
then within a few days 4 more votes were posted for Global warming.
I doubt a moderator will tell me who voted?

here at 6:27

Not one......anywhere, Bobby.

Polls here are a farce.  Have you not already observed that?

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #5 - Mar 30th, 2018 at 8:45pm

Aussie wrote on Mar 30th, 2018 at 8:42pm:
Not one......anywhere, Bobby.

Polls here are a farce.  Have you not already observed that?

OK - I will try and find out the truth.

I better not find that is was all your mates from Monk's forum.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #6 - Mar 30th, 2018 at 8:46pm

A GMod can tell you if socks have voted.

Yeah, polls are a joke yet they get used to determine Board Mods, how does that work?

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #7 - Mar 30th, 2018 at 8:51pm

The truth is, Booby, nobody here but you and The Moronic believe in the stupid ice age you keep crapping on about.

It is clear that if a GSM happens temperatures might retreat 0.3°C. That compares to 1.2°C warming since 1850. That is the short and straight of it.

The LIA was like 0.5°C cooler than early 20th century temperatures. It wasn’t an ice age at all.

There you have it, an ice age is crap, not going to happen.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #8 - Mar 30th, 2018 at 9:00pm

Monk,

why was I barred from the members room?

Do you have something you want to hide?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #9 - Mar 30th, 2018 at 9:05pm

Bobby. wrote on Mar 30th, 2018 at 9:00pm:
Monk,

why was I barred from the members room?

Do you have something you want to hide?

Because you told us you were leaving and to get stuffed (and that cleans up the language you actually used.)

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #10 - Mar 30th, 2018 at 9:10pm

Aussie wrote on Mar 30th, 2018 at 9:05pm:
[quote author=bobbythebat1 link=1522361272/8#8 date=1522407608]

Because you told us you were leaving and to get stuffed (and that cleans up the language you actually used.)

Aussie,
the way I was treated you're lucky that I ever replied to you again.

I put it to you that -
you and Monk cooked up plots against me to
undermine the Environment forum on Ozpolitic & that you did it secretly in the members room.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #11 - Mar 30th, 2018 at 9:14pm

Bobby. wrote on Mar 30th, 2018 at 9:10pm:
Aussie wrote on Mar 30th, 2018 at 9:05pm:
[quote author=bobbythebat1 link=1522361272/8#8 date=1522407608]

Aussie,
the way I was treated you're lucky that I ever replied to you again.

I put it to you that -
you and Monk cooked up plots against me to
undermine the Environment forum on Ozpolitic & that you did it secretly in the members room.

And I'll tell you straight as I always do....
no
.  You can see in the Sandpit everything said about what you post.  It's all there. 

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #12 - Mar 30th, 2018 at 9:18pm

Aussie wrote on Mar 30th, 2018 at 9:14pm:
And I'll tell you straight as I always do....
no
.  You can see in the Sandpit everything said about what you post.  It's all there. 

Well Aussie,
we'll see -
the truth has a way of coming out in the end.
You'll only have to treat one of the other members the way I was treated and
they'll turn on you and tell us all the truth.

All will be revealed in good time.  Wink

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #13 - Mar 30th, 2018 at 9:18pm

Don’t be silly. YOU undermined the Dubyne MRB by changing peoples’ posts.

Only you and The Moronic believe in the ice age preached by Dubyne. I myself would like to know how many voted “natural variation” and think that would be lee and 4 socks of lee.

Yes, the way you left lost you some privileges.

We did not plot to suddenly boost the number of votes for Global Warming.

Ask a GMod to look through the members who voted and advise the number of socks, if any, who voted for the different options in your poll.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #14 - Mar 30th, 2018 at 9:23pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Mar 30th, 2018 at 9:18pm:
Don’t be silly. YOU undermined the Dubyne MRB by changing peoples’ posts.

Only you and The Moronic believe in the ice age preached by Dubyne. I myself would like to know how many voted “natural variation” and think that would be lee and 4 socks of lee.

Yes, the way you left lost you some privileges.

We did not plot to suddenly boost the number of votes for Global Warming.

Ask a GMod to look through the members who voted and advise the number of socks, if any, who voted for the different options in your poll.

The most relevant point is.....how absurd would you have to be to cite a dumbarse Poll so easily manipulated here as some sort, or any sort, of verification of a point of view like the snake oil salesman did.....and relying on his 'Australian expert/source.'

Farcical.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 102
Send Topic Print