Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
10 MOST DISADVANTAGED AREAS (Read 2357 times)
Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Re: 10 MOST DISADVANTAGED AREAS
Reply #15 - Apr 2nd, 2018 at 11:48am

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 2nd, 2018 at 11:25am:
Spent two minutes on 'flatmates'. Share accommodation in New Farm; seven minutes bus ride from Brisbane CBD. Ad says 'anyone welcome'. A hundred and fifty dollars a week which includes bills. The ad also says there is no bond. As for the rest; life is about chices, Spot. Sit down in the dirt in Charbourg so you can be with your cousins or get off your a.r.s.e and make something of you life.
Hammer.

Whats the matter? Are you trying to insult me because i disagreed with you? Meanwhile do you know where cherbourg is? Not very close to brisbane CBD. And no transport to get there either.

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Apr 2nd, 2018 at 12:05pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Apr 2nd, 2018 at 11:48am:
Spent two minutes on 'flatmates'. Share accommodation in New Farm; seven minutes bus ride from Brisbane CBD. Ad says 'anyone welcome'. A hundred and fifty dollars a week which includes bills. The ad also says there is no bond. As for the rest; life is about chices, Spot. Sit down in the dirt in Charbourg so you can be with your cousins or get off your a.r.s.e and make something of you life.
Hammer.

Whats the matter? Are you trying to insult me because i disagreed with you? Meanwhile do you know where cherbourg is? Not very close to brisbane CBD. And no transport to get there either.

Spot

Doesn't living the traditional way of life mean living out in the bush. Away from modernity? Away from white culture  and all it brings. What do they want? What do you want?

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #17 - Apr 2nd, 2018 at 10:20pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 2nd, 2018 at 9:53am:
The government should not be providing the same services for a thousand people living in the back of nowhere as a hundred thousand people living on the fringe of Australia's biggest city. Also, worth considering, is the value of council spending. When the toffs on the North Shore spend thousands and thousands on rates per year, and the good people of Charbourg and West Daly spend say, f.u.c.k all, one wouldn't expect the same level of service.

The government should be providing basic services no matter where you live. A town of a thousand people would not be expecting a McDonalds or whatever other unnecessary rubbish we see in large towns and bigger. But a hospital, ambulance service, police, facilities for emergency services, etc., should be within 100km of anywhere.

But I guess that was not what you meant. People living in isolation should make the effort to travel the distance to get the things they need. Not have supermarkets built for isolated people's convenience.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #18 - Apr 2nd, 2018 at 10:36pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 2nd, 2018 at 10:27am:
There are share rooms in Brisbane going for under $150 a week. A single person on rental assistane receives @$650 a fortnight. Three hundred and fifty dollars a fortnight isn't a great amount to live on but it can definitely support someone until they get on their feet.
Hammer.

I work about 20 hours a week and get Centrelink. I think by the end of the fortnight, the combined income is something like $800 to $900 a fortnight. My rent is only $110 a week, due to the fact that relatives own the house I reside. If I did not have a job, I would really struggle for money on $650 a fortnight, though I have gone 6 months on that payment in the year 2008. It is about 5 months until my rego is due, but I am starting to wonder where I am going to save the money to pay that. #firstworldproblems

I agree with you, though. People need to tough it out and get on with their lives by lifting themselves out of their own problems.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #19 - Apr 3rd, 2018 at 11:12am

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 2nd, 2018 at 12:05pm:
Hammer.

Spot

Doesn't living the traditional way of life mean living out in the bush. Away from modernity? Away from white culture  and all it brings. What do they want? What do you want?

They get taken there from their bush homes. Not many left out there now because they have been put in these "communities".

What do I want? I havent really thought about it but I would rather they were allowed back on their own land to live as they want. Most aboriginals I have met from tribes didnt even want their dole money. They just left it in the bank building up. This was aboriginals up north 20 years ago. Dont know whats happening now.

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Apr 3rd, 2018 at 12:15pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Apr 3rd, 2018 at 11:12am:
Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 2nd, 2018 at 12:05pm:
Hammer.

Spot

They get taken there from their bush homes. Not many left out there now because they have been put in these "communities".

What do I want? I havent really thought about it but I would rather they were allowed back on their own land to live as they want. Most aboriginals I have met from tribes didnt even want their dole money. They just left it in the bank building up. This was aboriginals up north 20 years ago. Dont know whats happening now.

Spot

You can't build a shopping centre for 40 people. If you live in isolated communities then you miss out on things. That applies to white people also.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print