The Pyramid of LIGHT
It is better to Love
Mar 24th, 2018 at 9:34pm

who knew ?

go and wonder beloved ,

in love and light !

namaste

- : ) =

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
it_is_the_light it_is_the_light Christ+Light Christ+Light  
IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Re: It is better to Love
Reply #1 - Mar 24th, 2018 at 10:12pm

It is better to Love, righteousness, and the righteous,       period.

Discrimination,       IS NOT A DIRTY WORD.

"Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them."
Karl Popper

"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil."
Thomas Mann

"Pacifism is objectively pro-fascist. This is elementary common sense. If you hamper the war effort of one side, you automatically help out that of the other. Nor is there any real way of remaining outside such a war as the present one. In practice, 'he that is not with me is against me."
George Orwell.

Proverbs 15:9
The way of the wicked is an abomination unto the LORD: but he loveth him that followeth after righteousness.

Exodus 23:7
Keep thee far from a false matter; and the innocent and righteous slay thou not: for I will not justify the wicked.

Leviticus 19:15
Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honour the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Deuteronomy 1:17
Ye shall not respect persons in judgment; but ye shall hear the small as well as the great; ye shall not be afraid of the face of man; for the judgment is God's: and the cause that is too hard for you, bring it unto me, and I will hear it.

Deuteronomy 16:18
Judges and officers shalt thou make thee in all thy gates, which the LORD thy God giveth thee, throughout thy tribes: and they shall judge the people with just judgment.
19  Thou shalt not wrest judgment; thou shalt not respect persons, neither take a gift: for a gift doth blind the eyes of the wise, and pervert the words of the righteous.

Deuteronomy 25:1
If there be a controversy between men, and they come unto judgment, that the judges may judge them; then they shall justify the righteous, and condemn the wicked.

2 Chronicles 19:6
And said to the judges, Take heed what ye do: for ye judge not for man, but for the LORD, who is with you in the judgment.
7  Wherefore now let the fear of the LORD be upon you; take heed and do it: for there is no iniquity with the LORD our God, nor respect of persons, nor taking of gifts.

Psalms 34:14
Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.

Isaiah 1:17
Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.

Isaiah 48:17
Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.
18  O that thou hadst hearkened to my commandments! then had thy peace been as a river, and thy righteousness as the waves of the sea:

Jeremiah 22:3
Thus saith the LORD; Execute ye judgment and righteousness, and deliver the spoiled out of the hand of the oppressor: and do no wrong, do no violence to the stranger, the fatherless, nor the widow, neither shed innocent blood....

Jeremiah 9:24
But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD.

Acts 10:34
Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
35  But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

Romans 2:11
For there is no respect of persons with God.

Romans 2:28
For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
29  But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Romans 12:18
If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

Galatians 6:7
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #2 - Mar 25th, 2018 at 9:41pm

If either of you actually believed any of this nonsense you spout, you'd shut up and go away to believe it, instead of pretending you know something special. Hiding behind a pretense, of you sharing enlightenment with us, gives you a role to play in the otherwise pathetic little theatre of your lives.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #3 - Mar 25th, 2018 at 10:11pm

@ Reply #2,

LOL

I do not consider myself 'enlightened',      whatever that means.

I do consider myself to be, a little 'stranger', than many other human beings, yes.

But not 'enlightened'.

Me ?

I am just a person, a human being,
who tends to respond to the those facets of reality, which i become aware of, in my journey here.

Much as many of my sojourners here,      also respond to the facets of reality, which they become aware of.

But i perceive that often, my own responses to reality's 'stimuli', don't always reflect what could be called, the 'normal' response, of many of my fellow sojourners here.

Yadda said....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1293669294/0#0
Quote:

Q.
Who is 'normal', and what is 'normal' behaviour?

Might i suggest, that to define what is 'normal', that we look at the conduct of many of those who are deemed to be 'normal' people.

What happens to many 'normal' people when they think that they are free from any restraint or authority?

Look at the common behaviour and conduct of many people in society, especially young people out at night, looking for a 'good time'.

I'm sure that you have seen some of the results on the evening TV news, the one punch fatalities, the random sexual assaults, the broken and slashed faces.

Q.
And i ask, why is it, that it isn't it safe to walk our suburban or city streets at night?

A.
Because there are too many 'normal' people, walking those streets at night.     Cheesy

Why do some [many?] of us believe that it is normal, to behave in a riotous [violent] way?

Why when we remove the light of day, and the restraining / calming influence of society / authority do many ppl behave in this way?

Why?

The TRUTH is that for many of us, human 'civility' is paper thin.

Why so?

Because many of us 'normal' people, demonstrate [when unrestrained] that we are 'normal' human beings who are vain, selfish, lecherous, greedy, violent creatures, when we are without restraint.
And, we demonstrate that we have no moral compass.

A simple definition of SANITY/INSANITY.

Typically, an unrestrained sane person will act in ways which are harmless to others, and in ways which are creative, and productive [for himself, others, and society].

And typically, and conversely, an unrestrained INSANE person will act in ways which are harmful and destructive to himself, and, or, others around him.

Psalms 119:52
I remembered thy judgments of old, O LORD; and have comforted myself.
53  Horror hath taken hold upon me because of the wicked that forsake thy law.
54  Thy statutes have been my songs in the house of my pilgrimage.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #4 - May 16th, 2018 at 11:41pm

issuevoter wrote on Mar 25th, 2018 at 9:41pm:
If either of you actually believed any of this nonsense you spout, you'd shut up and go away to believe it, instead of pretending you know something special. Hiding behind a pretense, of you sharing enlightenment with us, gives you a role to play in the otherwise pathetic little theatre of your lives.

in the face of your unfounded and misguided assertions and critique

you are loved ..

does this comfort you ? yet either way

be at peace

namaste

╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #5 - May 20th, 2018 at 1:46am

When I look at the universe from a great distance and consider how much our personal opinions actually mean, I so much wish that I'd just bluffed myself into believing my own blissful ignorance.

If somebody asked me "What's to say that you don't do that anyway?" I'd have to say that "Yes, you're right".

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #6 - May 20th, 2018 at 9:38am

Amadd wrote on May 20th, 2018 at 1:46am:
When I look at the universe from a great distance and consider how much our personal opinions actually mean, I so much wish that I'd just bluffed myself into believing my own blissful ignorance.

If somebody asked me "What's to say that you don't do that anyway?" I'd have to say that "Yes, you're right".

Fair enough, but how do you get to a great distance from the Universe?

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #7 - May 21st, 2018 at 12:47am

issuevoter wrote on May 20th, 2018 at 9:38am:
Amadd wrote on May 20th, 2018 at 1:46am:

Fair enough, but how do you get to a great distance from the Universe?

I hang out with light.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #8 - May 21st, 2018 at 7:51am

it_is_the_light wrote on Mar 24th, 2018 at 9:34pm:
https://www.purelovequotes.com/images/quotes/its-better-to-have-loved.jpg

who knew ?

go and wonder beloved ,

in love and light !

namaste

Very good

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #9 - May 22nd, 2018 at 8:48am

Sprintcyclist wrote on May 21st, 2018 at 7:51am:
it_is_the_light wrote on Mar 24th, 2018 at 9:34pm:
https://www.purelovequotes.com/images/quotes/its-better-to-have-loved.jpg

who knew ?

go and wonder beloved ,

in love and light !

namaste

Very good

It's a pose, just like Gandalf's theatrical turban.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #10 - May 22nd, 2018 at 12:21pm

Hard to say Mr Light.

The Poor 'love' sex.
The Rich 'love' life.

The 'bad guys' rule 90% of the time, while the 'good guys' only win in the 'end' (of the story/movie).

NLP - the slick money making bad guys
ALP - the dim-wit money losing ...good guys.
Who would you 'love'?

Love?
Well, it has its 'evil' side (and 'Power' has a good side).
Like 'gay' child-wrooting Gandhi telling his people to 'over-populate the enemy and everyone.
Too much (love) of a good thing, can be bad.  Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #11 - Jun 1st, 2018 at 9:41pm

Love Is A Many-Splendored Thing (1955)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print