Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
My 600-lb Life (Read 1948 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: My 600-lb Life
Reply #15 - Mar 21st, 2018 at 5:39pm

he is trying to get the ring back...be a bit like wrestling with a croc I reckon...

when they are born into money somehow they seem to bereft of commonsense... I wonder why?..

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #16 - Mar 21st, 2018 at 9:21pm

Can she walk?

IBI

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #17 - Mar 22nd, 2018 at 4:22pm

Yadda wrote on Mar 21st, 2018 at 7:43am:
This is appalling.

There is, imo, something fundamentally wrong with the ethics and the values of a society, that such [morbidly obese] people as this, can exist in,
and are actually being pandered to, to their own hurt.

I mean,    it is bad enough, that this morbidly obese person is seeking to engage in behaviour which is harmful to herself,
but, think about it!

This morbidly obese woman, actually has 'carers' who are facilitating her self abuse!

i.e.
Do you believe that it is correct or ethical, for others around her, to pander to the 'needs' to pander to the wanton gluttony       of people, such as her ?

Such behaviour, on the part of this woman's 'carers', is actually physical abuse.

Isn't it ?

I watched some of the show the other day for the first time and was pretty disgusted - not at the fact that these people were so morbidly obese - although that wasn't a pretty sight, but one woman was using her 5 year old son as her carer because her husband left her. The poor little thing was all over the place fetching for his mother plus he was only eating fatty take aways - his mother's staple diet.

Another woman must have weighed about 800 lbs - she was so big that she could barely move. Her teenage sons and daughter had the job of cleaning up her nether regions and bathing her every day. To them it was a normal way of life.

Let people destroy themselves if that's what they choose, but don't rely on other people to clean up the mess you leave - especially a child. That's child abuse.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #18 - Mar 25th, 2018 at 4:56am

IMAGE.....

The subject of that image, imo, is exemplary of what is wrong with most of mankind, circa 2018.

Most of mankind, circa 2018,      DESIRE TO BE,      a 'type' of Jabba the Hut.

Ecclesiastes 10:17
Blessed art thou, O land, when thy king is the son of nobles, and thy princes eat in due season, for strength, and not for drunkenness!

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print