Meat and evolution (Read 18266 times)
Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Meat and evolution
Mar 19th, 2018 at 8:08pm

Vegans suck

not only did processing and eating meat come naturally to humans, it’s entirely possible that without an early diet that included generous amounts of animal protein, we wouldn’t even have become human—at least not the modern, verbal, intelligent humans we are.

http://time.com/4252373/meat-eating-veganism-evolution/

IBI

IP Logged

miketrees
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Meat and evolution
Reply #1 - Mar 19th, 2018 at 8:19pm

There may be one or two genuine vegans that think deeply about the planet and their own health.

Then the other 99% of them are just dropkicks that want to belong to a group, a tribe.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #2 - Mar 19th, 2018 at 9:05pm

I think the argument of most vegans is the industrial slaughter of animals - I'm a great animal lover, and find cold calculated slaughter a bit hard.

What did The Gineral Hisself, Robert E. Lee what never owned no slaves nohow, say at Chickamauga?

'It is good that war is terrible, otherwise men would grow fond of it.'

It's a bit like slaughtering animals.... unfortunately they know their fate...

Life is brutal out there - wolves eat dogs.... no trouble at all ... sharks eat whatever is on the table... bears eat salmon and occasionally humans....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #3 - Mar 19th, 2018 at 9:09pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Mar 19th, 2018 at 9:05pm:
I think the argument of most vegans is the industrial slaughter of animals - I'm a great animal lover, and find cold calculated slaughter a bit hard.

What did The Gineral Hisself, Robert E. Lee what never owned no slaves nohow, say at Chickamauga?

'It is good that war is terrible, otherwise men would grow fond of it.'

It's a bit like slaughtering animals.... unfortunately they know their fate...

Life is brutal out there - wolves eat dogs.... no trouble at all ... sharks eat whatever is on the table... bears eat salmon and occasionally humans....

Bears eat their own cubs.

IBI

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #4 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 10:12am

I sometimes think of the de-evolution of the human species.

The drive toward monosexual humanity

The drive toward oneness at the expense of true love.

The agenda of grubberment around the world to destroy the family unit in favour of a selfish, twisted ideal.

But, if we extrapolate on humanity moving away totally from meat, we get some interesting projections.

Imagine, many years into the future
Mankind and his body will have to change to be fully vegetarian.
We would have to grow a second stomach
We would have dental changes to help masticate our vegitarian food.

We would have to eat more, and more often.
Important functions in our brains would start to degrade, we no longer need  intelligence to hunt and catch our food.
intellectually we will start to be less than our forebears
We would simply grow food, eat and breed

In time we would become prey for another species who will grow and advance
We will be the cows of tomorrow

It may take millions of years, but it will come.
It's begun already.
Sendentary lifestyle, no drive to hunt, less and less drive for meat
The family group falling down and being replaced by a monosexual being.

Sad eh?

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 10:21am

Actually, humans are natural herbivores.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #6 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 10:48am

Gordon wrote on Mar 19th, 2018 at 8:08pm:
Vegans suck

not only did processing and eating meat come naturally to humans, it’s entirely possible that without an early diet that included generous amounts of animal protein, we wouldn’t even have become human—at least not the modern, verbal, intelligent humans we are.

http://time.com/4252373/meat-eating-veganism-evolution/

Our modern diets have changed a huge amount since the Paleolithic era, so you can't criticize vegans on that basis.

I personally don't have an issue with eating meat, but if others choose not to, then each to their own.

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #7 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 11:02am

The earliest branch of Hominids (our ancestors) were primarily 'Vegetarian'. The slow digestion of plants showed in the 'stature' of these early Hominids - short and squatty, as most digestion was based in the lower gut area.

Then Homo-Agastus emerged and the scavenging of meat from dead animals (because this Hominid species had not developed 'hunting' yet) changed the physical stature of our species into a more 'upright' being due to meat digesting quickly and in the upper-gut region.

We had become 'Omnivorious'.

After Homo-Agastus, other Hominid branches developed basic hunting of meats and things just seemed to 'branch out' from there.

More doors opened.

These days, the 'mindless' SLAUGHTER of animals and the pathetic treatment of them is insidious.
I remember working 'Mass Production' Poultry and watching the 'unwanted' male 'chicks' thrown down 'macerators' ...LIVE. Hatched to be hacked.

It's the 'disrespect' for any form of life that is the 'flaw'.
Killing sharks for fins, Bison for furs, Seals for furs ...killing NOT FOR FOOD, but really just for MONETARY GAIN.

Killing animals for 'Money' (and not food) should be put in the 'Murder' basket.
Like all 'habits' - things develop from these people to kill people ...for money.

To say that Animals live by the 'being killed' by Predators.
Yes - that may be true of them, but many animals exist in harmony with other animals and in times of duress - even alongside Predators.

We have finally 'conquered' the Animal Kingdom to get where we are (survive)
But now we have to refrain from 'exterminating' them - or we shall 'fail' indeed (to live).

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 12:11pm

I think man learned to kill.. remember those clubs they invented... Roll Eyes

long before he learned to till the land....

the most powerful animals in the world  eat meat they dont graze....we humans have learnt to do both... I do not see wrong in any of it to be honest..

your beliefs are not mine and vice versa....

so what we both exist.....

I am with grap   its is the way we treat animals that some folks think they are doing animals a favor by not eating meat....

well it hasnt worked as far as I can see....in some cultures they are damn  right cruel.  I hate it....but if I stopped eating meat it wouldnt stop that cruelty sadly..

we need other measure to do that..

I dont eat a lot of meat today  because it costs an awful lot....I wonder if I am making a difference to the world at large... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 12:28pm

cods wrote on Mar 20th, 2018 at 12:11pm:

the most powerful animals in the world  eat meat they dont graze....we humans have learnt to do both... I do not see wrong in any of it to be honest..

I am with grap   its is the way we treat animals that some folks think they are doing animals a favor by not eating meat....

well it hasnt worked as far as I can see....in some cultures they are damn  right cruel.  I hate it....but if I stopped eating meat it wouldnt stop that cruelty sadly..

I dont eat a lot of meat today  because it costs an awful lot....I wonder if I am making a difference to the world at large... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Every little bit helps.

I probably eat too much red meat, but I rarely eat chicken.

I'll only eat the 'dirty bird' if someone serves it up at a dinner party, or BBQ.

I don't buy it from the supermarket, and I don't order it at restaurants.

Similarly, I don't buy eggs.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #10 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 12:32pm

I did a big meat shop today at one of the best butchers in Australia. They'd run out of mince and made it while I waited.
It was made from mostly rump (smaller bit that don't look as goodf for display) and a little bit of wagyu trimmings which he said was for flavour. $9/KG with my loyalty discount. Also their rump is only $17/kg  So cheap. Dollar for dollar meat give you the best bang for your buck for nutrition.

Oh and all the meat I buy is pasture raised and the cow has just one bad day.

I would never ever ever buy meat from a supermarket.
https://victorchurchill.com/our-producers/#our-producers-intro
https://victorchurchill.com/store/#entrance

IBI

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 12:41pm

Gordon wrote on Mar 20th, 2018 at 12:32pm:

I did a big meat shop today at one of the best butchers in Australia. They'd run out of mince and made it while I waited.
It was made from mostly rump (smaller bit that don't look as goodf for display) and a little bit of wagyu trimmings which he said was for flavour. $9/KG with my loyalty discount. Also their rump is only $17/kg  So cheap.
Dollar for dollar meat give you the best bang for your buck for nutrition.

Incorrect.

You couldn't be further from the truth.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #12 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 12:57pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Mar 20th, 2018 at 12:41pm:

It was made from mostly rump (smaller bit that don't look as goodf for display) and a little bit of wagyu trimmings which he said was for flavour. $9/KG with my loyalty discount. Also their rump is only $17/kg  So cheap.

Incorrect.

No, you're wrong and just virtue signalling again.

IBI

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 1:03pm

Gordon wrote on Mar 20th, 2018 at 12:57pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Mar 20th, 2018 at 12:41pm:

Incorrect.

No, you're wrong and just virtue signalling again.

The onus is on you to provide proof of your ridiculous claim.

Good luck with that one, BC.

Grin

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #14 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 1:03pm

Yes - I can say 'from experience' that Mass Production of any animal is only justified in its need by 'OVER-POPULATION of nations.

The 'quality' of animal via Mass-Production is pathetic.
75% of chicks hatched where I worked, failed the final stage due to 'deformaties' both physical/mental, injuries sustained by processing, weight. 25% of eggs don't even hatch ...even after their x5 fumigations of
FORMALDEHYDE

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 12
Send Topic Print