Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Finland - Happy/Depressed (Read 282 times)
Jasin
Gold Member

Finland - Happy/Depressed
Mar 19th, 2018 at 4:01pm

Just a few years ago. They labelled Finland with the highest amount of Depressed people, which goes with their traditionally high suicide rate in the world.

Just a population of 5+million (slow to breed and fast to import Turks and other non-European labour).

Now the Media has spruiked that FINLAND has been voted/polled as the HAPPIEST NATION IN THE WORLD.
Shocked

Either this is just a marketing ploy to boost Tourism or the Media thinks that everyone is a complete idiot to believe such crap!
Right up there with money being paid to make Sydney in the Top 10 'most liveable cities' in the world about 5 years ago. Roll Eyes

The Media pumps out this crap constantly.

I very much doubt Finnish people have suddenly had some tabs of Prozac in the space of a year or two and suddenly become 'Happy'  Smiley

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Re: Finland - Happy/Depressed
Reply #1 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 12:26am

I had a Finnish girlfriend when I was very young. We travelled the world, and had lots of fun, she was a very nice girl, and we were together for a long time.
Her mum was nice, her dad was a chronically depressed alcoholic that I believed beat his wife, but they would never discuss it.
It was like they had there only little finnish omerta regarding social dysfunction in family relations.

Eventually I had to leave as she got too intense, I wanted a partner, not a worshipper, it got weird.

I have since read that during WW2 Finnish soldiers were issued heroin pills everyday.

After WW2 apparently 14% of the worlds heroin production went to Finland, despite them being less than half a percent of the world population.
That sound like a nation full of depressed people to me.

Still for a young man you could pick worse destinations for a holiday, finnish girls are generally pretty.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Re: Finland - Happy/Depressed
Reply #2 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 11:22am

I reckon I would absolutely love to go to Finland.

But yes, the Finnish I have met have been somewhat 'depressing' in their ways.
Maybe if they invade Russia (when it has its hands full against China) and re-take Karelia (St Petersburg, etc) back for Scandinavia - they might have something to live for.
But they are a good example of the 'Spoilt' society where everything is comfortable, good quality, self-indulgent and severely under-populated.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print