Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
OVER MY DEAD BODY! (Read 1409 times)
President Elect, The Mechanic

Australian Politics

OVER MY DEAD BODY!
Mar 17th, 2018 at 11:47am

Quote:
LABORS CUTS TO PENSIONERS - OVER MY DEAD BODY!

If Bill Shorten continues with his plans on pushing cuts to pensioners through if elected Prime Minister, One Nation will block them in the Senate if we continue to hold the balance of power.

You can call us your ‘insurance’ at the next election.

Pauline Hanson will use Labor’s $59 billion dividend imputation crackdown to urge voters to support One Nation as an “insurance policy” against a future Shorten government, saying the tax grab would pass the Senate over her “dead body”.

Senator Hanson yesterday said a One Nation Senate bloc
would reject the “cruel plan to steal up to 30 per cent from the incomes of over a million older Australians and pensioners”
and enshrined the issue at the heart of her campaign to claim a balance-of-power status in the next Senate.

The One Nation leader’s push follows the release of Treasury analysis of Australian Taxation Office data showing the Queensland seats of Herbert (ALP), Forde (LNP), Capricornia (LNP), Longman (ALP) and Flynn (LNP) are home to more than 26,200 voters receiving the refundable franking credits Labor proposes to scrap.

“Pensioners are always better off under Labor and we’ll have more to say about how we’ll help pensioners going forward,” Mr Shorten told ABC Radio.  Roll Eyes

Senator Hanson yesterday declared
“this trashy tax heist
will pass the Senate over my dead body”.

“Mr Shorten’s plan is theft. It’s daylight robbery,”
she said.

“It’s no secret Labor is making a pitch for the youth vote and has made a conscious decision to throw older Australians under the bus.

“Labor’s plan won’t work ­because we will make a pitch to the Australian people to elect One Nation as an insurance policy against
Bill Shorten’s shifty dealings.”

Only One Nation act in the best interest for Australia and Australians...  Smiley

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: OVER MY DEAD BODY!
Reply #1 - Mar 17th, 2018 at 1:23pm

Keeping Australia poor is not acting in it's best interests, Mechie.

Pauline Hanson believes she is on a winner protecting the rights of the rich to rip off the poor.  She isn't.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Mar 18th, 2018 at 1:21pm by Brian Ross »  

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #2 - Mar 18th, 2018 at 8:59am

Hanson isn't keeping Australia poor Bwian the Greens and the ALP policies do that.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #3 - Mar 18th, 2018 at 10:45am

This does not have any impact on pensions at all.

It would have an impact on some self manages super funds. These self managed funds tend to be owned by the wealthiest 20% of retirees and the funds can be rearranged to negate the impact.

Managed super funds can offset the franked credits against the fund's fees as well as moving to a different share mix once again to remove any risk of loss.

While it isn't a good idea for a number of reasons it has little impact on pensioners. The dumb part is that it probably hurts some Australian businesses and impacts wealthy investors and high income earners paying little or no tax.

Note: this rort can still be used to reduce your tax liability to zero, you just can no longer collect cash instead of paying cash.

IMO it is dumb to let it apply to retirement funds at all even though it only impacts about 8% of the wealthiest. People with typically at least 2.5 million invested.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #4 - Mar 18th, 2018 at 10:55am

Grendel wrote on Mar 18th, 2018 at 8:59am:
Hanson isn't keeping Australia poor Bwian the Greens and the ALP policies do that.

Who is intentionally killing bulk billing keeping Australians poor ? The Liberals

Who is making education as expensive as possible ? The Liberals

Who is making health more expensive ? The Liberals.

Who is making the disabled more disadvantaged and poorer ? The Liberals.

Who is holding back wage increases in a manic manner ? The Liberals.

Your rhetoric seems to fail badly when compared against facts.

IP Logged

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Mar 18th, 2018 at 8:01pm

Nailed IT...

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #6 - Mar 18th, 2018 at 9:31pm

Dnarever wrote on Mar 18th, 2018 at 10:55am:

Who is intentionally killing bulk billing keeping Australians poor ? The Liberals

It always does.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Mar 21st, 2018 at 11:37am

and if you thought Bull Shitten couldnt get any more corrupt..  Angry

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #8 - Mar 21st, 2018 at 1:05pm

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Mar 21st, 2018 at 11:37am:
and if you thought Bull Shitten couldnt get any more corrupt..  Angry

Appears Pauline is feeling the pressure from the ALP.   Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #9 - Mar 22nd, 2018 at 2:25pm

Labor tax change to pass over Pauline Hanson’s ‘dead body’

Quote:
Pauline Hanson will use Labor’s $59 billion dividend imputation crackdown to urge voters to support One Nation as an “insurance policy” against a future Shorten government, saying the tax grab would pass the Senate over her “dead body”.

Senator Hanson yesterday said a One Nation Senate bloc would reject the “cruel plan to steal up to 30 per cent from the incomes of over a million older Australians and pensioners” and enshrined the issue at the heart of her campaign to claim a balance-of-power status in the next Senate.

The One Nation leader’s push follows the release of Treasury analysis of Australian Taxation Office data showing the Queensland seats of Herbert (ALP), Forde (LNP), Capricornia (LNP), Longman (ALP) and Flynn (LNP) are home to more than 26,200 voters receiving the refundable franking credits Labor proposes to scrap.

Mr Shorten yesterday signalled that Labor would move to offer further support for pensioners after The Australian reported on Thursday a supplement package was being considered for up to 250,000 pensioners captured by the shake-up.

“Pensioners are always better off under Labor and we’ll have more to say about how we’ll help pensioners going forward,” Mr Shorten told ABC Radio.

Labor also hit back at Treasury analysis showing 97 per cent of ­individuals who received the franking credit refunds had a “taxable income” of below $87,000, with 54 per cent falling below the $18,200 tax-free threshold.

Opposition Treasury spokesman Chris Bowen said this benchmark underestimated the wealth of those receiving the refundable franking credits because it excluded a “whole range of income, ­including that from superannuation”.

Mr Shorten said the package — estimated to raise $11.4bn over the forward estimates and $59bn over the decade — amounted to a budget reform that would allow a ­future Labor government to better fund schools and health services while giving it the option of delivering deeper tax cuts for struggling households.

Senator Hanson yesterday declared “this trashy tax heist will pass the Senate over my dead body”.

“Mr Shorten’s plan is theft. It’s daylight robbery,” she said. “It’s no secret Labor is making a pitch for the youth vote and has made a conscious decision to throw older Australians under the bus.

“Labor’s plan won’t work ­because we will make a pitch to the Australian people to elect One Nation as an insurance policy against Bill Shorten’s shifty dealings.”

Economist Saul Eslake yesterday said Labor could use the revenue from its plan to scrap the refundable tax credits to compensate self-funded retirees on “genuinely low” incomes at a cost of about $240m to $460m a year.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #10 - Mar 31st, 2018 at 3:54pm

YAWN...

Still in thrall of the brainless progs eh DNA? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #11 - Mar 31st, 2018 at 3:55pm

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 18th, 2018 at 9:31pm:

It always does.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Got nothing eh bwian...  just me tooing propaganda eh...  how sad Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print