Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Homelessness Growing Worse In Australia (Read 2200 times)
Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Homelessness Growing Worse In Australia
Reply #30 - Mar 18th, 2018 at 5:46pm

Anyway... I always try to remember we started our existence as wild animals in an unpredictable environment. The worm and the lion both have one thing in common; they have to get off their a.r.s.e.s or starve. Also, if you value freedom, you won't fall into that soft, Marxist brainwashing that dictates you're owed something just because the world is unfair. Work, struggle and strive to make your own world better. You can't do that if you're constantly looking down for the welfare safety net.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #31 - Mar 18th, 2018 at 5:53pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Mar 18th, 2018 at 5:46pm:
Anyway... I always try to remember we started our existence as wild animals in an unpredictable environment. The worm and the lion both have one thing in common; they have to get off their a.r.s.e.s or starve. Also, if you value freedom, you won't fall into that soft, Marxist brainwashing that dictates you're owed something just because the world is unfair. Work, struggle and strive to make your own world better. You can't do that if you're constantly looking down for the welfare safety net.

Tell that to our tinted tribesmen

You will be labelled a racist

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Mar 18th, 2018 at 5:59pm

Many aborigines are slaves; not because they're black. They're slaves because they've surrendered to that all prevailing victim culture that our political and media elite have deemed to be helpful. I may be a  box cutter from Roti Hill, but I don't owe anyone for my lifestyle.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Mar 18th, 2018 at 6:07pm

KILL THEM.

IP Logged

hatman92

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Mar 18th, 2018 at 6:10pm

Anyway... I always try to remember we started our existence as wild animals in an unpredictable environment. The worm and the lion both have one thing in common; they have to get off their a.r.s.e.s or starve.

Australian society has made it very hard to employ people, that is the problem.

Australia would be better served going back to a time when only one person per family needed to work, there was more work available back then.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Mar 18th, 2018 at 6:17pm

hatman92 wrote on Mar 18th, 2018 at 6:10pm:
Anyway... I always try to remember we started our existence as wild animals in an unpredictable environment. The worm and the lion both have one thing in common; they have to get off their a.r.s.e.s or starve.

Australian society has made it very hard to employ people, that is the problem.

Australia would be better served going back to a time when only one person per family needed to work, there was more work available back then.

Talk to your average Centrelink employee. There's a lot of people who are quite fussy when it comes to jobs. Rock up late to job interviews, tattoos and nose rings on full display. Text on your phone constantly and have days off a week after starting. Throw jobs in because you have to commute an hour to work. Knock back overtime and refuse tasks because they're beneath you. Then, when you quit or are fired, complain about who measly the dole is. Are we meant to feel sorry for these people?
Hammer.
« Last Edit: Mar 18th, 2018 at 11:03pm by Mr Hammer »  

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Mar 18th, 2018 at 6:18pm

Double post.

IP Logged

tickleandrose
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Mar 19th, 2018 at 12:33pm

People become homeless for a variety of reasons.  People had to do that, running away from abusive husband or family.   You get a few loud homeless, who are into drugs and alcohol, but this does not represent the majority.  Health and mental illness is another good one. 

Elderlies are trapped in ever increasing housing cost.   If a person retired in 1990s, with 300k,  then he /she would have expected a good retirement.  However, looking forward 20 years down the track, their money is probably long gone, as the cost of living went up.  And now they are facing more cost, as their health deteriorates.   And this is happening EVERYWHERE.   Now Hammer can go around, and say oh, but I did this and I did that.  It does not help those who are in need.   And as a society, we cannot forsake the elders.  They are the ones that helped shape this country for us.   They paid for the roads and the systems in which we are born into. 

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Mar 19th, 2018 at 12:52pm

One of the worst things a  poster on OP can do is stumble into a dialogue wiithout CAREFULLY reading the article that precipitated the thread and at least a few of the posts. There is no mention of mental health or health generally because the article is about public housing availability and welfare spending and not our health care system. Concentrating while reading the article would have informed you of that. I concede that homelessness is a problem (der), my argument is that simply throwing sit down money at people who won't help themselves is not the answer. What's more, it seems like it's allways well healed, mealy mouth do-gooders that think it is.
« Last Edit: Mar 19th, 2018 at 1:20pm by Mr Hammer »  

IP Logged

tickleandrose
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Mar 19th, 2018 at 1:21pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Mar 19th, 2018 at 12:52pm:
One of the worst things a  poster on OP can do is stumble into a dialogue wiithout CAREFULLY reading the article that precipitated the thread and at least a few of the posts. There is no mention of mental health or health generally because the article is about public housing availability and welfare spending and not our health care system. Concentrating while reading the article would have informed you of that. I concede that homelessness is a problem (der), my argument is that simply throwing sit down money at people who won't help tjhemselves is not the answer. What's more, it seems like it's allways well healed, mealy mouth do-gooders that think it is.

I did actually read the posts.  The conversations branched away from general homelessness and into older people.   My post is to make a point that most homeless are not people who wont help themselves, and that they are there because of genuine reasons - for example, older aged, frail, sick, fleeing from harm, or sometimes, just a series of bad lucks.   So, when you mentioned that: "simply throwing sit down money at people who won't help themselves is not the answer".  You have missed the point completely. 

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Mar 19th, 2018 at 1:31pm

tickleandrose wrote on Mar 19th, 2018 at 1:21pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Mar 19th, 2018 at 12:52pm:
One of the worst things a  poster on OP can do is stumble into a dialogue wiithout CAREFULLY reading the article that precipitated the thread and at least a few of the posts. There is no mention of mental health or health generally because the article is about public housing availability and welfare spending and not our health care system. Concentrating while reading the article would have informed you of that. I concede that homelessness is a problem (der), my argument is that simply throwing sit down money at people who won't help tjhemselves is not the answer. What's more, it seems like it's allways well healed, mealy mouth do-gooders that think it is.

I did actually read the posts.  The conversations branched away from general homelessness and into older people.   My post is to make a point that most homeless are not people who wont help themselves, and that they are there because of genuine reasons - for example, older aged, frail, sick, fleeing from harm, or sometimes, just a series of bad lucks.   So, when you mentioned that: "simply throwing sit down money at people who won't help themselves is not the answer".  You have missed the point completely. 

There are the homeless that are in their position for genuine reasons; these people deserve all the assistance and compassion we can muster. The homeless figures, however, are bolstered by f.u.c.k ups who know two things; how to sell a sob story and where the nearest Centrelink is.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #41 - Mar 19th, 2018 at 1:38pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Mar 18th, 2018 at 6:07pm:
KILL THEM.

You are nothing more than a total moron.

Aboriginals need to help themselves.

They need to use what they have been given and make a life for themselves

No matter what we do, how much we give them or how often we punish ourselves for crimes of our ancestors these facts are true.

Anything less is cultural suicide.
They are not stupid
I know Abbie who have excelled, they had the drive to succeed.

Our biggest crime is in pandering to the demands of the lazy who will never amount to anything

By simply giving to them without expecting them to contribute
We belittle them
As we throw a coin to a beggar and forget them
Better to take that better and make him work
He gains self respect and lives a worthwhile life.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print