Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Homelessness Growing Worse In Australia (Read 2188 times)
Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Homelessness Growing Worse In Australia
Reply #15 - Mar 18th, 2018 at 1:39pm

Got it. Make us pay for their problems rather than fixing them themselves. (Them themselves...that's awesome!)

Hammer
« Last Edit: Mar 18th, 2018 at 1:45pm by Mr Hammer »  

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Mar 18th, 2018 at 1:45pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Mar 18th, 2018 at 11:53am:
Mr Hammer wrote on Mar 18th, 2018 at 11:24am:
An older person who has worked his entire life has received compulsory super contributions for the last twenty five years.  Between that, welfare, public housing, emergency services and the family; it's never enough. That's good I suppose;  I'm thinking of promoting up from working to skiving full-time, so I'll need the welfare increases, too.
Hammer.

Super hasnt been there long enough for it to be enough for an older person who is now retired. It isnt "welfare" anyway since the pension was paid into by taxes.

Spot

It is welfare in  that it is not self-finded like super annuities. I'm all for the pension- I'm hoping it still exists when I retire. At the same time, if your in you're sixties or late fifties and ypur homelrss and on welfare; you probably haven't made the best use of your working years. At what point does a person's problems cease being the sole prioriyy of the tax payer.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Mar 18th, 2018 at 1:52pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Mar 18th, 2018 at 11:57am:
Jasin wrote on Mar 18th, 2018 at 11:43am:
CAMPERS, CARAVANERS - GROWING BETTER IN AUSTRALIA

...meanwhile in a better part of the country, away from the crappy cities of stupidity. Campervaners, Caravaners, Grey Nomads, BackPackers and all-round Happy Tenters are enjoying the 'Homeless' lifestyle.

Maybe. I have some friends who decided to retire and become grey nomads. After retiring from work they gave up their cheap flat on the gold coast and bought a bus to live in. Just about to leave when one of their parents became sick and needs looking after. Now they are stuck on the gold coast looking for somewhere to park every night. Not able to get a decent job (because of age) one has gone to driving taxis to try to supplement their income.

I am sure their story isnt unusual.

Spot

All three could share a rental in a country town for @$200-250 a week. Three pensions would cover that with, what, $200-300 a week left-EACH. Just doesn't sound like INDIA poor., does it?

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #18 - Mar 18th, 2018 at 2:24pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Mar 18th, 2018 at 1:45pm:
An older person who has worked his entire life has received compulsory super contributions for the last twenty five years.  Between that, welfare, public housing, emergency services and the family; it's never enough. That's good I suppose;  I'm thinking of promoting up from working to skiving full-time, so I'll need the welfare increases, too.
Hammer.

Super hasnt been there long enough for it to be enough for an older person who is now retired. It isnt "welfare" anyway since the pension was paid into by taxes.

Spot

It is welfare in  that it is not self-finded like super annuities. I'm all for the pension- I'm hoping it still exists when I retire. At the same time, if your in you're sixties or late fifties and ypur homelrss and on welfare; you probably haven't made the best use of your working years. At what point does a person's problems cease being the sole prioriyy of the tax payer.

If you were born after 1962
There is NO PENSION

you will have to live on welfare or your own savings.

This is a fact

But the insidious part is the the benefits of the pension, cheap Rego, cheap travel, cheap stuff
Will all be gone

The grubberment looks after their own not the taxpayer.

They are using propaganda to convince the young that pensioners are parasites and that we are no longer contributors after all our years of work

And the young are falling for it, hook line and sinker
Calling for homes to be asserted tested and such.

But it's a double edged sword
You will get an even worse deal with a 70 plus retirement age, without a pension.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Mar 18th, 2018 at 2:32pm

If a person born in 1962 started work at 18 and retired at 65, he will have received compulsory super contributions for 35 years. At on average of, say, $5000 per year, that works out to be $175,000. With welfare, medicare etc; it's still not India poor.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #20 - Mar 18th, 2018 at 2:34pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Mar 18th, 2018 at 2:32pm:
If a person born in 1962 started work at 18 and retired at 65, he will have received compulsory super contributions for 35 years. At on average of, say, $5000 per year, that works out to be $175,000. With welfare, medicare etc; it's still not India poor.

People born after 1962 are not the ones that are retired now.

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #21 - Mar 18th, 2018 at 2:36pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Mar 18th, 2018 at 1:52pm:

...meanwhile in a better part of the country, away from the crappy cities of stupidity. Campervaners, Caravaners, Grey Nomads, BackPackers and all-round Happy Tenters are enjoying the 'Homeless' lifestyle.

Maybe. I have some friends who decided to retire and become grey nomads. After retiring from work they gave up their cheap flat on the gold coast and bought a bus to live in. Just about to leave when one of their parents became sick and needs looking after. Now they are stuck on the gold coast looking for somewhere to park every night. Not able to get a decent job (because of age) one has gone to driving taxis to try to supplement their income.

Spot

All three could share a rental in a country town for @$200-250 a week. Three pensions would cover that with, what, $200-300 a week left-EACH. Just doesn't sound like INDIA poor., does it?

The mother is old and sick and needs looking after. Needs to be near the hospitals and doctors. I dont know how long she has lived where she is but most old people dont want to just up and move somewhere they dont know where their freinds arent.

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #22 - Mar 18th, 2018 at 2:37pm

Hammer.

Spot

Best use? Seriously? women couldnt get decent paying jobs in the 70s or even the 80s. They stayed home and looked after the kids.

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Mar 18th, 2018 at 2:43pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Mar 18th, 2018 at 2:36pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Mar 18th, 2018 at 1:52pm:

Spot

The mother is old and sick and needs looking after. Needs to be near the hospitals and doctors. I dont know how long she has lived where she is but most old people dont want to just up and move somewhere they dont know where their freinds arent.

Spot

Everything you post comes down to increasing welfare spending;  money that could be used on our hospitals, our schools. How about the NBN? Green energy? Nah! Pump more money into people who invariably haven't worked, haven't saved and have estranged themselves from their families. At the same time, there seem to be endless streams of non-working people slapping the pokies with their expensively tattoed-arms holding their expensives smart phones while smoking their expensive cigarettes and downing their expensive grog. Just not India poor.
Hammer.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Mar 18th, 2018 at 2:47pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Mar 18th, 2018 at 2:37pm:
Hammer.

Spot

Best use? Seriously? women couldnt get decent paying jobs in the 70s or even the 80s. They stayed home and looked after the kids.

Spot

With all due respect, Spot, that's rubbish. My mother often earned more than my old man. Mum received super contributiins for the last twenty years of her working life.
Hammer.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #25 - Mar 18th, 2018 at 2:50pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Mar 18th, 2018 at 2:47pm:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Mar 18th, 2018 at 2:37pm:
Hammer.

Spot

Spot

With all due respect, Spot, that's rubbish. My mother often earned more than my old man. Mum received super contributiins for the last twenty years of her working life.
Hammer.

That was rare

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Mar 18th, 2018 at 2:53pm

I don't know about white collar professionals; but that was the case in every second household of us plebs in the working and lower middle classes.
Hammer.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #27 - Mar 18th, 2018 at 3:33pm

Politicians and very very well paid public servants get ridiculous pensions, non assett tested
How many billions are going to these parasites.
These parasites who are calling for the aged pension to be scrapped, but not their excessive pensions of course

Want to save billions
Assett test these worthless parasites.

Tax the multinationals
Tax industry fairly, without all the torts they get to avoid paying
Flat tax for all, regardless
25% for all no offs, buts Orr maybees

50% if you want to take the money off shore

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Mar 18th, 2018 at 3:48pm

I agree. Fumigate rich parasites and poor parasites.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Mar 18th, 2018 at 5:17pm

WE DON'T WANT THEM HERE.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print