Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Poll Poll
Question: Should abortion be legal in Australia?

Yes    
  10 (66.7%)
No    
  2 (13.3%)
Only in certain circumstances    
  3 (20.0%)

Total votes: 15
« Created by: Mistress Nicole on: Mar 16th, 2018 at 7:32pm »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
Should abortion be legal &/or funded by medicare? (Read 4243 times)
Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Re: Should abortion be legal &/or funded by medicare?
Reply #60 - Mar 17th, 2018 at 6:42am

Mistress Nicole wrote on Mar 16th, 2018 at 7:32pm:
Should abortion be legal in Australia?

On the one hand, there are plenty of contraceptive measures, including the implanon rod which is a minor proceedure performed by a GP and lasts for three years. There's condom's. There's the pill. And if you have a slip up? There's the morning after pill (despite being labelled "morning after" the woman actually has up to 48 hours, or 2 days, to take it).

Given all these things, an unplanned pregnancy is easy to avoid.

The cons of course are that the women who are so stupid, despite the plethora of options open to them, to have an unplanned pregnancy, are precisely the type of women we don't want breeding. Mum and bub's will cost us more in the long term, both monetarily, and likely socially (jails, child protection, welfare, youth justice, etc).

But should your taxes fund this? How do you feel about funding McDrive Through Abortions?

https://youtu.be/ZVOD5D4IArw

There are many other ways that unexpected pregnancies can happen.

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #61 - Mar 17th, 2018 at 7:06am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Mar 17th, 2018 at 6:42am:

On the one hand, there are plenty of contraceptive measures, including the implanon rod which is a minor proceedure performed by a GP and lasts for three years. There's condom's. There's the pill. And if you have a slip up? There's the morning after pill (despite being labelled "morning after" the woman actually has up to 48 hours, or 2 days, to take it).

The cons of course are that the women who are so stupid, despite the plethora of options open to them, to have an unplanned pregnancy, are precisely the type of women we don't want breeding. Mum and bub's will cost us more in the long term, both monetarily, and likely socially (jails, child protection, welfare, youth justice, etc).

But should your taxes fund this? How do you feel about funding McDrive Through Abortions?

Spot

100% agree

I would only support Medicare funded abortion if the pregnancy was a real threat to life (certified) or a result of an official rape case.

NO way medicare should be used to support your poor judgement or life style choices.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #62 - Mar 17th, 2018 at 8:42am

RightSaidFred wrote on Mar 17th, 2018 at 7:06am:

Spot

100% agree

I would only support Medicare funded abortion if the pregnancy was a real threat to life (certified) or a result of an official rape case.

NO way medicare should be used to support your poor judgement or life style choices.

It is right now, though.

If you've smoked all your life, have a poor diet, and never exercise you're still eligible to claim Medicare benefits for the illnesses suffered as a result of that lifestyle choice.

IP Logged

RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #63 - Mar 17th, 2018 at 8:49am

greggerypeccary wrote on Mar 17th, 2018 at 8:42am:

Spot

100% agree

It is right now, though.

If you've smoked all your life, have a poor diet, and never exercise you're still eligible to claim Medicare benefits for the illnesses suffered as a result of that lifestyle choice.

Yes that could be another topic but forgetting to use contraceptives ...... bit different.
There is also a morning after pill.

People who smoke would probably pay far more through the taxes on cigs no issue there.

You Pompous Butt Dragon

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #64 - Mar 17th, 2018 at 8:51am

RightSaidFred wrote on Mar 17th, 2018 at 8:49am:

Spot

100% agree

It is right now, though.

Yes that could be another topic but forgetting to use contraceptives ...... bit different.

People who smoke would probably pay far more through the taxes on cigs no issue there.

You Pompous Butt Dragon

I request that you please stop the personal insults.

IP Logged

RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #65 - Mar 17th, 2018 at 8:56am

greggerypeccary wrote on Mar 17th, 2018 at 8:51am:

Spot

100% agree

It is right now, though.

You Pompous Butt Dragon

I request that you please stop the personal insults.

You started you can apologise for the baseless rubbish you posted.

Seems you like random insulting no idea why your upset about ?

You hypocritical nonsense posting drop kick !

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #66 - Mar 17th, 2018 at 9:09am

Spot

100% agree

It is right now, though.

You Pompous Butt Dragon

The woman seeking an abortion might have been a smoker all her life.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #67 - Mar 17th, 2018 at 9:38am

100% agree

God help the poor girls who are unofficially raped.  Cool

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #68 - Mar 17th, 2018 at 11:41am

I have to admit I have never been able to decide for or against abortion. There are fair opinions on both sides. However, abortion at the tax-payer's expense is a hard sell. We should pay for the irresponsible choices of others? That does not seem fair.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #69 - Mar 17th, 2018 at 12:45pm

issuevoter wrote on Mar 17th, 2018 at 11:41am:
I have to admit I have never been able to decide for or against abortion. There are fair opinions on both sides. However, abortion at the tax-payer's expense is a hard sell. We should pay for the irresponsible choices of others? That does not seem fair.

We already are.

As I said before:

"If you've smoked all your life, have a poor diet, are a heavy drinker, and never exercise you're still eligible to claim Medicare benefits for the illnesses suffered as a result of those lifestyle choices."

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #70 - Mar 17th, 2018 at 1:18pm

Those others are paying. They pay taxes.

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #71 - Mar 17th, 2018 at 2:21pm

Somebody here pointed out that if the taxpayer doesn't pay for the unwanted pregnancies, then it could be that in later years they'll be funding a lot more by way of policing, court appearances, alcoholism, jail-time, dysfunctional families, etc.

IP Logged

Mistress Nicole
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #72 - Mar 17th, 2018 at 3:07pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Mar 17th, 2018 at 2:21pm:

Somebody here pointed out that if the taxpayer doesn't pay for the unwanted pregnancies, then it could be that in later years they'll be funding a lot more by way of policing, court appearances, alcoholism, jail-time, dysfunctional families, etc.

That would be me.

We should pay those on welfare to have terminations. Fair dinkum.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #73 - Mar 17th, 2018 at 3:23pm

Mistress Nicole wrote on Mar 17th, 2018 at 3:07pm:
Lord Herbert wrote on Mar 17th, 2018 at 2:21pm:

That would be me.

We should pay those on welfare to have terminations. Fair dinkum.

Damn straight.

IP Logged

Swagman
Gold Member

Beware of cheap imitations......

Illawarra NSW
Reply #74 - Mar 17th, 2018 at 9:41pm

Abortion for life style is murder....

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print