Send Topic Print
RIP Stephen Hawking (Read 7567 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: RIP Stephen Hawking
Reply #75 - Mar 17th, 2018 at 8:36pm

Setanta wrote on Mar 17th, 2018 at 8:04pm:
I've taken a bit of the piss of him but I think he was a wonderful human being that extended mankinds knowledge and showed us how to overcome adversity. It was OK to take the piss when he was alive and he did so himself, suddenly he dies and you can no longer do it because the emotional retards find it offensive. Guess what? IDGAF what you bed wetters think.

yes I have already discovered that for myself...

you actually DGAF  about a lot of things. Angry

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #76 - Mar 17th, 2018 at 9:26pm

cods wrote on Mar 17th, 2018 at 8:36pm:
I've taken a bit of the piss of him but I think he was a wonderful human being that extended mankinds knowledge and showed us how to overcome adversity. It was OK to take the piss when he was alive and he did so himself, suddenly he dies and you can no longer do it because the emotional retards find it offensive. Guess what? IDGAF what you bed wetters think.

Sad Cry

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #77 - Mar 17th, 2018 at 9:27pm

Setanta wrote on Mar 17th, 2018 at 9:26pm:

Sad Cry

What are they, I need direction in my meaningless life.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #78 - Mar 17th, 2018 at 9:38pm

Setanta wrote on Mar 17th, 2018 at 9:27pm:

Sad Cry

you used my late husband to bash me with remember   because I DO>..

so I know what you are capable of saying when someone has died..

yous al;so accused me of calling other dickhead...

again with not link to where I have done this...

thats was all in one very recent post.... will i look it up for you?.

I presume the booze is the real meaning to your life.. no ozpol..

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #79 - Mar 17th, 2018 at 10:09pm

cods wrote on Mar 17th, 2018 at 9:38pm:

Sad Cry

I apologised for that as that was not my intention but feel free to hold it against me forever, though I would like to point out you are now using him to bash me.

Hic!

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #80 - Mar 17th, 2018 at 11:11pm

Setanta wrote on Mar 17th, 2018 at 10:09pm:

Sad Cry

I apologised for that as that was not my intention but feel free to hold it against me forever, though I would like to point out you are now using him to bash me.

Hic!

you  did  but only after you were pushed...your dear friend  aussie came in to the thread...he then sent PM after PM defending you...its ok though...

I will hold it against you for sure....that and a few other things....I am learning from your mate aussie  never to lets up on things...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes hells bells i might have a win with the gmods one day who knows... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

ooops btw the apology you posted wasnt really an apology   you accused me of taking what you said the wrong way..

you rwords I believe were

I am sorry you took what I said the wrong way..

seriously   not my idea of a real apology...but never mind it was late and I do try to make allowances.....

but forget... ummmmm NO..

bottoms up!

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #81 - Mar 17th, 2018 at 11:50pm

cods wrote on Mar 17th, 2018 at 11:11pm:

Sad Cry

Hic!

you  did  but only after you were pushed...your dear friend  aussie came in to the thread...he then sent PM after PM defending you...its ok though...

I will hold it against you for sure....that and a few other things....I am learning from your mate aussie  never to lets up on things...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes hells bells i might have a win with the gmods one day who knows... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

ooops btw the apology you posted wasnt really an apology   you accused me of taking what you said the wrong way..

seriously   not my idea of a real apology...but never mind it was late and I do try to make allowances.....

bottoms up!

Cods, I told you that it wasn't my intention to have a go at you as it came out. Reading it the next day and seeing your side I acknowledged my post was extremely badly worded and it wasn't my intention for it to come out like it did. I apologised and offered you via PM to ban myself for a period of your choosing. There was not a lot more I could do. You can either accept the apology or not, I have no control over that.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #82 - Mar 18th, 2018 at 4:56am

Ajax wrote on Mar 17th, 2018 at 3:32pm:
Lord Herbert wrote on Mar 16th, 2018 at 3:32am:
http://farm1.staticflickr.com/800/25955740207_424e90690b_b.jpg

R.I.P.  Stephen Hawking.

I'd have to look up whatever it was that was an original idea from him, and he somewhat lost credibility with me when after years of saying there is no God, he suddenly switched to saying there is a God.

Maybe that’s because no matter how brilliant the mind may be after a lifetime of analysing the cosmos and our trivial existence within it.

One can only come to the logical conclusion that God must exist somehow somewhere as unscientific as it may sound at this stage there is no other plausible explanation. 

Believers in a God are Cargo Cultists. Do a little worshipping and praying and He will reward you.

My atheism regarding a moral God crystalised during my teens when I started reading about the Holocaust and the non-intervention of a Divine Being.

All-knowing ... all-seeing ... omnipotent ... etc.

That there might be a 'creative force' Out There I can accept as a valid discussion ~ but a 'moral' God? You can't be serious. 

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #83 - Mar 18th, 2018 at 10:54am

Setanta wrote on Mar 17th, 2018 at 11:50pm:
cods wrote on Mar 17th, 2018 at 11:11pm:

Sad Cry

Hic!

bottoms up!

Cods, I told you that it wasn't my intention to have a go at you as it came out. Reading it the next day and seeing your side I acknowledged my post was extremely badly worded and it wasn't my intention for it to come out like it did. I apologised and offered you via PM to ban myself for a period of your choosing. There was not a lot more I could do. You can either accept the apology or not, I have no control over that.

stop feeling sorry for yourself... you should be on the end of one of aussies insane rants  where he is determined to get rid of a member.....

once he has you in his sights... then there are no holds barred and nothing will stop him

he is even using his signature sewer rats slogan again... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

and you claim he isnt in control... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

whats  that song Puppet on a String it reminds me of something. Smiley

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #84 - Mar 21st, 2018 at 12:59am

R.I.P.  Stephen Hawking.

I'd have to look up whatever it was that was an original idea from him, and he somewhat lost credibility with me when after years of saying there is no God, he suddenly switched to saying there is a God.

When did he say that he believed in God?

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #85 - Mar 21st, 2018 at 2:34pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Mar 18th, 2018 at 4:56am:
Ajax wrote on Mar 17th, 2018 at 3:32pm:

R.I.P.  Stephen Hawking.

Maybe that’s because no matter how brilliant the mind may be after a lifetime of analysing the cosmos and our trivial existence within it.

One can only come to the logical conclusion that God must exist somehow somewhere as unscientific as it may sound at this stage there is no other plausible explanation. 

Believers in a God are Cargo Cultists. Do a little worshipping and praying and He will reward you.

My atheism regarding a moral God crystalised during my teens when I started reading about the Holocaust and the non-intervention of a Divine Being.

All-knowing ... all-seeing ... omnipotent ... etc.

That there might be a 'creative force' Out There I can accept as a valid discussion ~ but a 'moral' God? You can't be serious. 

Don't blame God for what happened to the Jews during WW2.
He probably sat up there and "Tsk Tsk'd" them in regards to what they did to Jesus.

...what goes around, comes around.
They brought the Holocaust on themselves for 2000 years of a 'lie'.
Hell, 9 million Jews died.
26 million Russians died.
Don't hear much sympathy for the Russians out there.
All pretty much about the Jews who also financially scuttled Germany in the first place.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #86 - Mar 21st, 2018 at 3:01pm

I've only just seen this having lost interest in the thread days ago.

Quote:

bottoms up!

Yet again, cods drags me into a discussion I had no part of and she reckons I am hounding her?  FMD!  And what's that crap about the contents of PMs cods.  When will you ever learn that you are likely going to be banned if you repeat what you say is the content of a PM!  Jayzuz! 

Angry

Quote:
stop feeling sorry for yourself... you should be on the end of one of aussies insane rants  where he is determined to get rid of a member.....

once he has you in his sights... then there are no holds barred and nothing will stop him

he is even using his signature sewer rats slogan again... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

And you double down with a second shot!  Who is it cods who is hounding whom!  Fairbloodydinkum.  You really do bring it all on yourself, perhaps deliberately to get your daily attention fix.  What is this about Setanta claiming 'he isn't in control.'  I have never seen any comment by him in that regard.  Is that you purporting to post PM content
yet again
, cods????

Angry Angry

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #87 - Mar 22nd, 2018 at 12:53am

Amadd wrote on Mar 21st, 2018 at 12:59am:

R.I.P.  Stephen Hawking.

Do you have any quotes there on Hawking's belief in God?
All that I can find is that he used "God" as a metaphor in his famous book and later he further explained his meaning.

Not that it matters a great deal, however, if one is to pronounce a belief in God, then they must be speaking of an "Interventionist God", as any religious person will tell you.

Belief in a non-interventionist God is essentially atheism. That's why so many religious nuts get wound up about Deism and call it a cop-out.

I believe that Hawkings and so many other great scientists have done far more to find God than any
theologist ever has.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #88 - Mar 24th, 2018 at 6:39pm

Aussie wrote on Mar 21st, 2018 at 3:01pm:
I've only just seen this having lost interest in the thread days ago.

Quote:

bottoms up!

Yet again, cods drags me into a discussion I had no part of and she reckons I am hounding her?  FMD!  And what's that crap about the contents of PMs cods.  When will you ever learn that you are likely going to be banned if you repeat what you say is the content of a PM!  Jayzuz! 

Angry

Quote:

And you double down with a second shot!  Who is it cods who is hounding whom!  Fairbloodydinkum.  You really do bring it all on yourself, perhaps deliberately to get your daily attention fix.  What is this about Setanta claiming 'he isn't in control.'  I have never seen any comment by him in that regard.  Is that you purporting to post PM content
yet again
, cods????

Angry Angry

She's claiming you control me and I'm feeling sorry for myself, both wrong deductions. I'll just ignore it, no point.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #89 - Mar 24th, 2018 at 6:54pm

Amadd wrote on Mar 22nd, 2018 at 12:53am:
Amadd wrote on Mar 21st, 2018 at 12:59am:

R.I.P.  Stephen Hawking.

Do you have any quotes there on Hawking's belief in God?
All that I can find is that he used "God" as a metaphor in his famous book and later he further explained his meaning.

Not that it matters a great deal, however, if one is to pronounce a belief in God, then they must be speaking of an "Interventionist God", as any religious person will tell you.

Belief in a non-interventionist God is essentially atheism. That's why so many religious nuts get wound up about Deism and call it a cop-out.

I believe that Hawkings and so many other great scientists have done far more to find God than any
theologist ever has.

No physicist believes in an interventionist god, Ammad. Newton believed in God, but one that was not able to change the immutable physical laws he uncovered.

Einstein and Hawkings were atheists, but they found "holes" in those laws - holes where it would be quite possible for an interventionist god to intervene if He or She saw fit.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print