Australian Politics

Re: RIP Stephen Hawking
Reply #60 - Mar 15th, 2018 at 8:43am

philperth2010 wrote on Mar 15th, 2018 at 7:22am:
Setanta wrote on Mar 14th, 2018 at 11:16pm:
cods wrote on Mar 14th, 2018 at 11:08pm:
I think it would be nice if you all let  him

Rest In Peace.

save the jokes for your own demise.. Sad I am sure your many friends will appreciate them.

I certainly would cods. Why do you deny he had a sense of humour? He lived with this almost his whole life, do you think he would not have come to terms with it?

I'd be happy if someone pissed on my grave, at least I'd know that cared enough to do it. Well, I wouldn't know, I'd be dead but you get the drift.

Says nothing about Stephen Hawking but a lot about you!!!

Smiley Smiley Smiley

Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #61 - Mar 15th, 2018 at 8:57pm

Fuzzball wrote on Mar 15th, 2018 at 8:06am:
UnSubRocky wrote on Mar 15th, 2018 at 8:03am:
I should be ashamed. Hawking will be rolling in his grave.

I seriously doubt that he would give you a second thought.

Well... not anymore.

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #62 - Mar 16th, 2018 at 1:14am

I would not disagree if the jokes were funny and intelligent enough that Hawkings himself might have a chuckle at. But they're just crass and vindictive sounding, as if these people think that they are somehow on a higher level than Hawkings.

It's a bit sad when people cannot recognise the truth in the higher skills of others.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #63 - Mar 16th, 2018 at 1:19am

philperth2010 wrote on Mar 15th, 2018 at 7:20am:
cods wrote on Mar 14th, 2018 at 11:08pm:
I think it would be nice if you all let  him

Rest In Peace.

save the jokes for your own demise.. Sad I am sure your many friends will appreciate them.

Says a lot about these people doesn't it Cods....Stephen Hawking has done nothing to deserve these vile comments....Yet some ass holes think they are funny because they are ass holes!!!

Angry Angry Angry
Yes, it’s sad because with all these mean jokes Stephen hawkings can’t even stand up for himself.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #64 - Mar 16th, 2018 at 1:33am

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #65 - Mar 16th, 2018 at 1:50am

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #66 - Mar 16th, 2018 at 2:00am

Amadd wrote on Mar 16th, 2018 at 1:50am:

Now that's insulting.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #67 - Mar 16th, 2018 at 3:32am

R.I.P.  Stephen Hawking.

I'd have to look up whatever it was that was an original idea from him, and he somewhat lost credibility with me when after years of saying there is no God, he suddenly switched to saying there is a God.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #68 - Mar 17th, 2018 at 11:47am

Amadd wrote on Mar 16th, 2018 at 1:14am:
I would not disagree if the jokes were funny and intelligent enough that Hawkings himself might have a chuckle at. But they're just crass and vindictive sounding, as if these people think that they are somehow on a higher level than Hawkings.

It's a bit sad when people cannot recognise the truth in the higher skills of others.

I have my reasons for writing what I did. They were not "jumping on the band wagon" type jokes/mean comments that were designed for the sake of cruelty. I have my personal problems with Hawking (not that I have met the guy). I figure he is not as bright as he seems. Perhaps a touch arrogant. I can understand that he lived with ALS for 50 years of his life. But I think he is overrated in the science community.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #69 - Mar 17th, 2018 at 12:34pm

STOP PRESS!

Stephen Hawkings is still ALIVE !!!

They have kept his brain alive in special fluid and he still communicates from the glass vessel via a Computer and electro-pulse waves.

All is not lost!!!
...in the name of Science.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #70 - Mar 17th, 2018 at 2:56pm

Jasin wrote on Mar 17th, 2018 at 12:34pm:
STOP PRESS!

They have kept his brain alive in special fluid and he still communicates from the glass vessel via a Computer and electro-pulse waves.

All is not lost!!!

I think i've seen the movie.

His brain starts to move objects around in the laboratory, and then ends up taking over people's brains and making them do what he wants.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #71 - Mar 17th, 2018 at 3:32pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Mar 16th, 2018 at 3:32am:
http://farm1.staticflickr.com/800/25955740207_424e90690b_b.jpg

R.I.P.  Stephen Hawking.

I'd have to look up whatever it was that was an original idea from him, and he somewhat lost credibility with me when after years of saying there is no God, he suddenly switched to saying there is a God.

Maybe that’s because no matter how brilliant the mind may be after a lifetime of analysing the cosmos and our trivial existence within it.

One can only come to the logical conclusion that God must exist somehow somewhere as unscientific as it may sound at this stage there is no other plausible explanation. 

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #72 - Mar 17th, 2018 at 4:03pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Mar 17th, 2018 at 2:56pm:
Jasin wrote on Mar 17th, 2018 at 12:34pm:
STOP PRESS!

All is not lost!!!

I think i've seen the movie.

His brain starts to move objects around in the laboratory, and then ends up taking over people's brains and making them do what he wants.

no need for that....imagine living the life he lead and still being about to contribute.....his brain never switched off unlike some I can think of.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #73 - Mar 17th, 2018 at 7:36pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Mar 16th, 2018 at 3:32am:
http://farm1.staticflickr.com/800/25955740207_424e90690b_b.jpg

R.I.P.  Stephen Hawking.

He was an atheist and best known for his work on black holes, "the Hawking theory" yet to be proved or disproved but it has given some of the other physicist's something to do, it may lead to solving the theory of everything.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #74 - Mar 17th, 2018 at 8:04pm

I've taken a bit of the piss of him but I think he was a wonderful human being that extended mankinds knowledge and showed us how to overcome adversity. It was OK to take the piss when he was alive and he did so himself, suddenly he dies and you can no longer do it because the emotional retards find it offensive. Guess what? IDGAF what you bed wetters think.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print