Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
another Russian dead in London (Read 557 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

another Russian dead in London
Mar 14th, 2018 at 8:00am

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-14/russian-exile-nikolai-glushkov-found-dead-...

A Russian businessman who was associated with a prominent critic of the Kremlin has died in London, his lawyer has said.

Key points:
Nikolai Glushkov was close ally of Putin critic Boris Berezovsky
Police treating death as unexplained, have put counter-terrorism detectives in charge of case
Death came as Amber Rudd announced investigation into string of Russian deaths on UK soil
Police are treating the death as unexplained and have put counter-terrorism detectives in charge of the case.

But police said there was no evidence to suggest a link to the March 4 poisoning of former spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter.

Attorney Andrei Borovkov told Russian media outlets his client, Nikolai Glushkov, had died, but said he was unaware of the time and circumstances.

London's Metropolitan Police force said counter-terrorism detectives were leading the investigation, "as a precaution because of associations that the man is believed to have had".

Reports in British and Russian media said Mr Glushkov, who was in his late 60s, was found dead at his home in south-west London.

Police said officers were investigating the "unexplained" death of a man found at a house in the New Malden area late on Monday (local time).

It did not release his name, saying formal identification had yet to take place

Mr Glushkov was an associate of Boris Berezovsky, a Russian oligarch and Kremlin critic who died in London in 2013. An inquest failed to determine whether he had killed himself or died from foul play.

Mr Glushkov had worked for various Berezovsky enterprises, including the car factory AvtoVAZ and flagship Russian airline Aeroflot.

He was arrested in 1999 and put on trial for embezzling $US7 million from Aeroflot. In 2004, he was sentenced to three years and three months in prison, but released because of time served before and during his trial.

Russian media reported Mr Glushkov was granted political asylum in Britain in 2010.

In 2017, a Moscow court reviewed Mr Glushkov's case and sentenced him in absentia to eight years for embezzling more than $US122 million from Aeroflot.

Last year, Mr Glushkov appeared on a list published by the Russian Embassy in London of Russians wanted for serious crimes whom the UK had refused to extradite.

It said Russia had sought his extradition in 2015 "for committing a number of severe financial offences on the territory of Russia," but the British Government refused.

Mr Glushkov's death came as Britain's Home Secretary, Amber Rudd, announced a string of Russian deaths on UK soil would be reinvestigated by police and MI5.

In a letter made public Tuesday (local time), Ms Rudd said the Government takes seriously allegations that some 14 deaths may have some links to Russia.

"In the weeks to come, I will want to satisfy myself that the allegations are nothing more than that," Ms Rudd said.

"The police and MI5 agree and will assist in that endeavour."

The deaths identified included those of Mr Berezovsky and Alexander Litvinenko.

will they point the finger at Putin?.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Re: another Russian dead in London
Reply #1 - Mar 14th, 2018 at 9:43pm

I hope so he has form in this regard being an ex KGB man- I love a good spy story-

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Mar 15th, 2018 at 7:16am

did they ever charge anyone with the death of his Opposition?...wasnt he shot? I think Putin blamed the West.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #3 - Mar 15th, 2018 at 2:36pm

I will admit I know not much about these things ( I dont read the news much and I should) but it is thought that Putin had a Russian spy murdered in a US hospital in the last couple of years- he is a ruthless man and fascinating in his own right I might add-so it woudnt surprise me if he is up to his neck in this

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-14/russia-hits-back-in-spy-row-with-britain/9...

Therese May ^^ pretty much pointing the finger straight at Russia- poisoning by a nerve agent she said that was mainly produced by Russia-

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #4 - Mar 17th, 2018 at 4:14pm

Agnes wrote on Mar 15th, 2018 at 2:36pm:
I will admit I know not much about these things ( I dont read the news much and I should) but it is thought that Putin had a Russian spy murdered in a US hospital in the last couple of years- he is a ruthless man and fascinating in his own right I might add-so it woudnt surprise me if he is up to his neck in this

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-14/russia-hits-back-in-spy-row-with-britain/9...

Therese May ^^ pretty much pointing the finger straight at Russia- poisoning by a nerve agent she said that was mainly produced by Russia-

So if I shoot and kill someone with a kalashnikov we can all blame Russia..............???

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #5 - Mar 17th, 2018 at 4:21pm

Ajax wrote on Mar 17th, 2018 at 4:14pm:

So if I shoot and kill someone with a kalashnikov we can all blame Russia..............???

Too bad they didnt leave a Koran behind to further confuse the matter

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #6 - Mar 17th, 2018 at 4:35pm

Are you clinically defined as a retard Ajax?
If not I suggest you get tested, you should be eligible for a carer, and they could check what you type before posting so you do not come across as a complete and utter arse.
I don't know who Ajax is, is he/she/it always this stupid, or is this a low/high? point for them?

Is anyone else on this forum stupid enough to suggest an equivalency with a rifle designed by a Russian in 1947, with military grade nerve agents designed and manufactured in SOVIET Russia?
If so, try and get them to seek professional help.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Mar 17th, 2018 at 5:19pm

mozzaok wrote on Mar 17th, 2018 at 4:35pm:

If not I suggest you get tested, you should be eligible for a carer, and they could check what you type before posting so you do not come across as a complete and utter arse.
I don't know who Ajax is, is he/she/it always this stupid, or is this a low/high? point for them?

Is anyone else on this forum stupid enough to suggest an equivalency with a rifle designed by a Russian in 1947, with military grade nerve agents designed and manufactured in SOVIET Russia?

Only a Putin stooge, Mozzoak. Ajax will try pretending it wasn't Putin for a bit, then, when the evidence shows that it was, will defend this murder as Putin's right to do.

After all, the dead Russian's a traitor and deserves everything he gets.

Right, Ajax?

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #8 - Mar 18th, 2018 at 8:13am

So it's guilty as charged then………………………????

On what evidence should the trial proceed counsellor….!!!!

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #9 - Mar 18th, 2018 at 8:18am

Mattyfisk wrote on Mar 17th, 2018 at 5:19pm:

Only a Putin stooge, Mozzoak. Ajax will try pretending it wasn't Putin for a bit, then, when the evidence shows that it was, will defend this murder as Putin's right to do.

Right, Ajax?

Vlad maybe many things but at least he's not a hot head.

I'm a fan because he has stood up to the George Soros of the world and basically told them where to go.

If I see more evidence than just the nerve agent was produced in Russia I am willing to accept they did it.

But to condemn someone because the weapon used was produced in their country is a bit thin, actually very thin, so thin that if Theresa May was on ice she would fall through.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #10 - Mar 18th, 2018 at 8:58am

Right, Ajax?

Yes but there is no link to Trump at least just his sponsors.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Mar 18th, 2018 at 4:52pm

Ajax wrote on Mar 18th, 2018 at 8:18am:

Right, Ajax?

Vlad maybe many things but at least he's not a hot head.

I'm a fan because he has stood up to the George Soros of the world and basically told them where to go.

If I see more evidence than just the nerve agent was produced in Russia I am willing to accept they did it.

But to condemn someone because the weapon used was produced in their country is a bit thin, actually very thin, so thin that if Theresa May was on ice she would fall through.

if he was a Muslim  these guys wouldnt claim he dunit ajax......not in a million Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

however having said that   WHO ELSE would even want this guy dead???....Putin has one hell of an ego you know that right?>...his living may have made Vlad feel he failed...

I think it says a lot about people who cannot bare anyone to disagree with  them even on forums lie this.... Grin Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print