Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Another National Party crook it seems (Read 531 times)
Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Another National Party crook it seems
Mar 13th, 2018 at 1:50pm

Here is another crook like Thommo!

Will probably get off like Thommo!

He is a member of the other type of union.

Victorian Opposition frontbencher Tim McCurdy charged with fraud offences
By state political reporter Richard Willingham
Updated 37 minutes ago

Nationals MP Tim McCurdy leans on an old fence near a river.

PHOTO: Nationals MP Tim McCurdy has stood down to fight the charges.

Victorian Nationals MP Tim McCurdy has been charged with multiple fraud offences and has stood down from the Opposition frontbench to fight the charges.

The shadow sports minister has been charged by police with 10 offences — four counts of making a false document, four counts of using a false document, attempting to obtain property by deception and obtaining property by deception.

Victoria Police said the charges relate to an investigation into a 2009 alleged fraud.

In a statement Mr McCurdy said following notification from police this morning he was standing down from his shadow ministry portfolio.

The offences relate to a property sale he was involved with before he entered Parliament.

"I am innocent of these allegations and I await the opportunity to defend myself in court and clear my name,'' Mr McCurdy said.

"As I prepare to have these matters heard in court, I am today stepping down from my shadow ministry responsibilities."

He is due to face the Shepparton Magistrates court on April 24.

He said he would not comment further before the hearing.

Opposition Leader Matthew Guy said Nationals MP Danny O'Brien would pick up Mr McCurdy's former portfolios of Sport, Veterans, Gaming and Liquor Regulation.

"Danny is also a strong supporter of community sport including his work as publicity officer for the then Latrobe Valley Football League and continues his involvement in grassroots sport to this day," Mr Guy said.

Topics: government-and-politics, states-and-territories, melbourne-3000, vic, australia

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-13/tim-mccurdy-victorian-opposition-charged-w...
« Last Edit: Mar 13th, 2018 at 2:01pm by Redmond Neck »  

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print