Australian Politics

Re: Flu Vaccination
Reply #105 - Mar 19th, 2018 at 4:26pm

Gordon wrote on Mar 19th, 2018 at 4:21pm:
cods wrote on Mar 19th, 2018 at 4:20pm:
Gordon wrote on Mar 19th, 2018 at 4:19pm:
cods wrote on Mar 19th, 2018 at 4:04pm:
Gordon wrote on Mar 19th, 2018 at 1:20pm:
Booked in at 330 today, can someone come and hold my hand?

Hope I don't get autism.

its not the flu you need to worry about! its those bloody melons..

The nurse who gave me the flu shot had really big melons actually.  Grin Grin Grin

rock melons dear put down that playboy mag   it will deform you eventually! Smiley

I didn't know a side effect from a flu vac was a stiffy  Grin Grin Grin

I hope she give you the flu jab in your bum!

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #106 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 12:44am

*Gordon circa June*

Cough-cough-cough splutter-splutter-splutter.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #107 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 8:40am

UnSubRocky wrote on Mar 20th, 2018 at 12:44am:
*Gordon circa June*

Yes from a cold.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #108 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 9:19am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Mar 20th, 2018 at 8:40am:
UnSubRocky wrote on Mar 20th, 2018 at 12:44am:
*Gordon circa June*

Yes from a cold.

Well you can still get flu after a vaccination as results are measured across a population. If you do get vaccinated and still get the flu, most likely it will be less severe and you'll be less infectious.

One annoying thing is the vaccine for under 18s isn't ready for a few more months.

IBI

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #109 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 10:28am

Gordon wrote on Mar 20th, 2018 at 9:19am:
Well you can still get flu after a vaccination as results are measured across a population. If you do get vaccinated and still get the flu, most likely it will be less severe and you'll be less infectious.

That's not quite right.
The flu vaccine at it's best is only about 60% effective. In 2017 it was less than 40% effective, That's why we had such a bad flu season. So the flu vaccine will reduce your chances of getting the flu but it won't prevent it completely. That's why herd immunity is so important. It protects the vulnerable such as the elderly, pregnant women, young children and people with chronic health conditions.

I can vouch personally that people who got the flu in 2017 despite being vaccinated got just as sick and were just as infectious as unvaccinated people.

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #110 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 11:15am

Its better than 60% effective for the flu you are being immunised against. The problem is as the flu mutates and changes the vaccinations dont protect you against that mutated flu.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #111 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 11:18am

HTFU you fragile white westerners (Western culture is more apt at winning wars, than practicing good medicine)

Cold & Flu are good for you.

Sterilise your race and you'll all die from some foreigner coming to your shores, planting a Flag and sneezing you to death.

Cold & Flu is the only thing keeping you alive. Grin

Stupid dipshitters. Roll Eyes

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #112 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 12:54pm

The_Barnacle wrote on Mar 20th, 2018 at 10:28am:
Gordon wrote on Mar 20th, 2018 at 9:19am:

That's not quite right.
The flu vaccine at it's best is only about 60% effective. In 2017 it was less than 40% effective, That's why we had such a bad flu season. So the flu vaccine will reduce your chances of getting the flu but it won't prevent it completely. That's why herd immunity is so important. It protects the vulnerable such as the elderly, pregnant women, young children and people with chronic health conditions.

I can vouch personally that people who got the flu in 2017 despite being vaccinated got just as sick and were just as infectious as unvaccinated people.

OK a few things. The 2017 was a bad year for the flu, and for the vaccine makers who admitted they went with the wrong strains.

To clarify, if you're vaccinated and you still get the flu even if it's been covered by vaccine, you should get a milder dose of it and be less contagious.

IBI

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #113 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 12:55pm

Jasin wrote on Mar 20th, 2018 at 11:18am:
HTFU you fragile white westerners (Western culture is more apt at winning wars, than practicing good medicine)

Sterilise your race and you'll all die from some foreigner coming to your shores, planting a Flag and sneezing you to death.

How exactly is it good for a 70 year old to get the flu, contract pneumonia and die good for them?

IBI

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #114 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 1:06pm

Gordon wrote on Mar 20th, 2018 at 12:55pm:

How exactly is it good for a 70 year old to get the flu, contract pneumonia and die good for them?

Cry Cry Cry
The Cold & Flu will take the weak n weary.
Many people with poor health (low immune systems due to lack of Cold/Flu for a long time and low genetic variety) will die from such.

70 year old dies from cold/flu.
while many other 70 year olds ...don't. Tongue

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #115 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 1:08pm

HTFU you pussies!

COLD & FLU
are good for you.
Keeps worse things away...
...like Cancerous Decay.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #116 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 2:13pm

Jasin wrote on Mar 20th, 2018 at 1:08pm:
HTFU you pussies!

COLD & FLU
are good for you.
Keeps worse things away...
...like Cancerous Decay.

Not sure theres any evidence getting flus diminishes your risk of cancer.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #117 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 3:57pm

Yes well, the Western reliance on 'technology'
is like Stephen Hawking's reliance on his wheelchair/computer/etc.

All intellect, but no 'physical' resilience.

Western Medicine is like a 'brain' inside a Container, being kept alive with the latest 'technology'.
Too smart for its own good.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #118 - Mar 21st, 2018 at 4:39am

Gordon wrote on Mar 20th, 2018 at 12:55pm:

I know I am really horrible with my ageism, but I really can't see the point of someone living beyond 80 years of age. I figure a 70-year-old getting pneumonia and dying would just save the taxpayers a bundle in keeping the pensioner alive. Plus, someone would inherit a house in the era of an overpriced housing market.

I don't plan on living beyond 75 years of age. Unless I am some wealthy old man who can maintain a healthy life, I will probably commit suicide at that 10-year mark after retirement.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #119 - Mar 21st, 2018 at 4:51am

In my 'utter brilliance', I decided not to properly clean out my scrap bin. Yesterday, I saw spores and bacteria growing in the container. I finished filling the bin tonight and threw the scraps into the compost bin. However, after 48 hours of exposure to the bacteria, I managed to get a cold virus that lead me to coughing through my sleep.

A couple of honey and lemon lollies, and a large lemon water drink, and the cough has gone.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 20
Send Topic Print