Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
One God, Many Gods (Read 4391 times)
Jasin
Gold Member

One God, Many Gods
Mar 12th, 2018 at 10:06pm

Believe in the One God and you shall breed in your millions!

Believe in the Many Gods and you shall become 'unique'.

Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: One God, Many Gods
Reply #1 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 1:02pm

I'm afraid that's a little too cryptic for me

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #2 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 1:38pm

Depends what you mean by believe. Believe does not make it real. Nor does it mean that you have evidence, because evidence is not necessary. Oops, sorry. Everything is evidence, right?

I must point out that my contributions to this forum are not an indication that I give a ratz one way or the other.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #3 - Mar 14th, 2018 at 4:51pm

Jasin wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 10:06pm:

Wink

Have no belief in any of them? What then?

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Mar 14th, 2018 at 6:11pm

Setanta wrote on Mar 14th, 2018 at 4:51pm:

Wink

Then you probably believe the One Politician (President) or the Many Politicians (the ALP/NLP tag team)  Grin

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #5 - Mar 14th, 2018 at 6:44pm

Jasin wrote on Mar 14th, 2018 at 6:11pm:

Wink

Then you probably believe the One Politician (President) or the Many Politicians (the ALP/NLP tag team)  Grin

No other alternatives? Cry

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #6 - Mar 14th, 2018 at 8:19pm

Wink

What if you believe that the universe is just a wonderfully complex machine. No guiding hand, no meaning, no goal. We just have to make the best of it we can.

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #7 - Mar 14th, 2018 at 8:35pm

It is in a way.
It's a pre-ordained destiny that only a few can see.

Many have their interpretations.
Like the idea that the northern hemisphere was going to be for white people in the name of Yin/Yang and thus nearly manifested so via the USSR/USA convergence.
"To kick the yellow Mongol out of Asia" Gen.Macarthur during the Korean war.

But in truth - the machine has a good number of 'turns' to make before the 'full potential' of humanity's time here on earth is met.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #8 - Mar 14th, 2018 at 9:39pm

Jasin wrote on Mar 14th, 2018 at 8:35pm:
It is in a way.

Like the idea that the northern hemisphere was going to be for white people in the name of Yin/Yang and thus nearly manifested so via the USSR/USA convergence.

But in truth - the machine has a good number of 'turns' to make before the 'full potential' of humanity's time here on earth is met.

Doncha just love the way crackpots and fruitcakes consider themselves to be of that special few? And they don't mind telling you all about it. I could list the ones on this forum apart from yourself, but lets look at the larger picture. You've got Scientologists, Hare Krishnas, Mohammedans, and the various other Abrahamics, Buddhists, and a thousand other cults that need to tell you that their interpretation of reality is the one you should pretend to believe. What a bunch of arrogant bloody know-alls.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #9 - Mar 15th, 2018 at 12:19am

The_Barnacle wrote on Mar 14th, 2018 at 8:19pm:

Wink

What if you believe that the universe is just a wonderfully complex machine. No guiding hand, no meaning, no goal. We just have to make the best of it we can.

Who built this wonderfully complex machine?

The thing is I don't care who built it, whether it be a god, two branes colliding. I don't believe any of the self centred, cruel, demanding, psychopathic gods man has come up with as a viable "god". If there is a god he is not a mirror of the worst of mankind and if he is I have no desire to worship him.

I'm happy not to care "how" we got here and I'm more than happy to play my part in making it place to enjoy while we can. Unfortunately we have the botherers of psychopathic gods to deal with.

IP Logged

Nom de Plume
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Mar 15th, 2018 at 1:03am

Setanta wrote on Mar 15th, 2018 at 12:19am:

Wink

The thing is I don't care who built it, whether it be a god, two branes colliding. I don't believe any of the self centred, cruel, demanding, psychopathic gods man has come up with as a viable "god". If there is a god he is not a mirror of the worst of mankind and if he is I have no desire to worship him.

I'm happy not to care "how" we got here and I'm more than happy to play my part in making it place to enjoy while we can. Unfortunately we have the botherers of psychopathic gods to deal with.

What, or who built it and why are beyond our understanding assuming it was built in the first place... which is why science does not ask why, rather, science asks how it was built.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #11 - Mar 15th, 2018 at 2:48pm

issuevoter wrote on Mar 14th, 2018 at 9:39pm:
Jasin wrote on Mar 14th, 2018 at 8:35pm:
It is in a way.

Doncha just love the way crackpots and fruitcakes consider themselves to be of that special few? And they don't mind telling you all about it. I could list the ones on this forum apart from yourself, but lets look at the larger picture. You've got Scientologists, Hare Krishnas, Mohammedans, and the various other Abrahamics, Buddhists, and a thousand other cults that need to tell you that their interpretation of reality is the one you should pretend to believe. What a bunch of arrogant bloody know-alls.

Oh - I totally agree with you IssueVoter. It's the first sign of a flawed (only 10% of the way there) Belief. Putting themselves 'out there' as 'SPECIAL' (Elitist) is a good sign of their intention. The swing the other way is based upon just mass support by the poor ...numbers and nothing else.

Me?
Yeah - I'll brag a bit. But I don't put myself 'out there'. I don't gain 'anything' from this (financial, etc). It's a matter of 'pure interest'. You won't see me pumping out websites for followers (and 'donations'), you won't see me organising little 'Enclaves' out in the bush with concubines in the name of 'love'.
I do it because I want to understand more.
I do it because I still have a lot to learn.
I do it because I have enough to teach.
I do it because I do understand a lot already.

There are many 'beliefs' around the world. Heaps! Thankfully one can put many in the same basket as they share similar foundations, etc.
It's no different to the different 'Political' practices.
USA Politics is 'Individual' (President, Top of the Pyramid) based. While OZ is 'Mass' (People, bottom of the Pyramid) based ...not that the PM & gov-General will concede this yet.

Some beliefs 'work' in one part of the world, but are totally dysfunctional in another. (Like a Scuba Diver trying to be a Fire Fighter ...just because he's wet  Roll Eyes) If not dangerously so.

So no. I ain't no 'crack-pot' and I don't talk/express myself like It_is_the_Light as a 'spiritual snob' to appear more intellectual (while just pumping out stuff like a 'Replicant', because he can't come up with or discover 'new' and original stuff of his own). I've hung out in Monasteries in Nepal/Tibet - I don't have to behave like that "Namaste" to appear 'spiritual'   Roll Eyes  That's just cultural snobbery.

So you see. The stuff I know is pretty full on and which is why I can easily see China & Russia going to war soon.
To understand 'beliefs' is almost like watching the cogs of the 'colonisational' wheels of New Worlds, Old Worlds, etc - turning.

Anyway - yes it is a 'complicated' world, but if you do by chance see the 'big picture' of it all, then it is made simple as well.

Ever wonder the 'coincidence' of the x3 Island nations of The British/Eire Isles, the Nippons and Madagascar off the Old Worlds? Ever ask 'why' and is it 'something more'?
To look into such a thing is just one of many facets about this world that brings more understanding and awareness.

But remember - to understand the 'World',
means sacrificing something else to get there.  Wink

Are you prepared to
"Look into the Eyes of the Dragon (& Despair!)?" 
Huh

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #12 - Mar 15th, 2018 at 4:14pm

Jasin wrote on Mar 15th, 2018 at 2:48pm:
Oh - I totally agree with you IssueVoter. It's the first sign of a flawed (only 10% of the way there) Belief. Putting themselves 'out there' as 'SPECIAL' (Elitist) is a good sign of their intention. The swing the other way is based upon just mass support by the poor ...numbers and nothing else.

Me?
Yeah - I'll brag a bit. But I don't put myself 'out there'. I don't gain 'anything' from this (financial, etc). It's a matter of 'pure interest'. You won't see me pumping out websites for followers (and 'donations'), you won't see me organising little 'Enclaves' out in the bush with concubines in the name of 'love'.

There are many 'beliefs' around the world. Heaps! Thankfully one can put many in the same basket as they share similar foundations, etc.
USA Politics is 'Individual' (President, Top of the Pyramid) based. While OZ is 'Mass' (People, bottom of the Pyramid) based ...not that the PM & gov-General will concede this yet.

Some beliefs 'work' in one part of the world, but are totally dysfunctional in another. (Like a Scuba Diver trying to be a Fire Fighter ...just because he's wet  Roll Eyes) If not dangerously so.

So no. I ain't no 'crack-pot' and I don't talk/express myself like It_is_the_Light as a 'spiritual snob' to appear more intellectual (while just pumping out stuff like a 'Replicant', because he can't come up with or discover 'new' and original stuff of his own). I've hung out in Monasteries in Nepal/Tibet - I don't have to behave like that "Namaste" to appear 'spiritual'   Roll Eyes  That's just cultural snobbery.

So you see. The stuff I know is pretty full on and which is why I can easily see China & Russia going to war soon.
To understand 'beliefs' is almost like watching the cogs of the 'colonisational' wheels of New Worlds, Old Worlds, etc - turning.

Anyway - yes it is a 'complicated' world, but if you do by chance see the 'big picture' of it all, then it is made simple as well.

Ever wonder the 'coincidence' of the x3 Island nations of The British/Eire Isles, the Nippons and Madagascar off the Old Worlds? Ever ask 'why' and is it 'something more'?
To look into such a thing is just one of many facets about this world that brings more understanding and awareness.

Are you prepared to "Look into the Eyes of the Dragon (& Despair!)?" 

Oh, no. You ain't no crackpot, except for the highlight crap, that could have been written by Light Boy. You, and people like Sprint and Gandalf condemn yourselves every time commit this secret knowledge shite to the written record.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #13 - Mar 15th, 2018 at 7:40pm

issuevoter wrote on Mar 15th, 2018 at 4:14pm:
Jasin wrote on Mar 15th, 2018 at 2:48pm:

Me?

Are you prepared to "Look into the Eyes of the Dragon (& Despair!)?" 

Oh, no. You ain't no crackpot, except for the highlight crap, that could have been written by Light Boy. You, and people like Sprint and Gandalf condemn yourselves every time commit this secret knowledge shite to the written record.

Sorry Issue. But I don't do it 'Northern Hemisphere' style.
There is no 'secret' knowledge shite, etc - beyond what there is 'to know' out there (that isn't known).

I'm just your 'Down Under' Aussie.
But also a 'Day Ahead' Aussie too.
(Aust may be 'down under' the UK/USA - as it is nick-named. But Australia is also 'ahead' of the UK/USA, going by the International Dateline ...so with 'all things being Equal'. I might not be in the Penthouse 'up there' like they are, but I'm 1st in the Line and out the door so to speak. Time & Space as Hawking would put it.)

You know - "Serve in Heaven or Reign in Hell"  Wink

There is a lot that I haven't 'shared' on this Internet.
But I don't throw myself around as 'Superior' for Financial or Sexual gain.
Sometimes I do jest that I should be getting paid for 'illuminating' in my own way - what I provide.

But it is what it is and I'm just surprised that many other people just can't work it all out or get bogged down in bogus 'complexity' to make it seem more intellectual than it really is.

Do you think that only Politics and Military is what makes the World go round?
Politics and Military are the 'oldest' Empowerments, but in the end - they won't be the most dominant. These two had their 15 minutes of fame and they are really at minute 13 right now - as the world will come to know that the Greatest Military Leader will be in the Middle-East and the Greatest Military People will be South America (It's a 'conquistador' thing  Wink).

The world is always turning another cog on the 'time piece'.
Maybe I should call myself a 'Time Lord'  Wink
Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #14 - Mar 16th, 2018 at 3:34am

Nom de Plume wrote on Mar 15th, 2018 at 1:03am:
Setanta wrote on Mar 15th, 2018 at 12:19am:

Wink

What, or who built it and why are beyond our understanding assuming it was built in the first place... which is why science does not ask why, rather, science asks how it was built.

How would we know unless "it" shows it's self or is explainable via science? That statement is kinda circular. You have a definitive "beyond our understanding". It was built in some fashion, it has not always existed. That leaves us with divining the explanation of it's existence and you say it is beyond our understanding, I don't know how you could make that claim. We understand lightening, the old Norse could have too with enough knowledge but it was Thor to them, magic, not understandable. In brain power, we are no different to them, the thing that divides us is knowledge.

« Last Edit: Mar 16th, 2018 at 3:41am by Setanta »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print