Send Topic Print
A JaSin Philosophy (Read 1858 times)
Jasin
Gold Member

Re: A JaSin Philosophy
Reply #15 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 12:25pm

The_Barnacle wrote on Mar 20th, 2018 at 12:12pm:
issuevoter wrote on Mar 13th, 2018 at 1:45pm:
Well, to be fair, .JaSin. was making a metaphor; I hope.

A deeply flawed metaphor however.

Nothing moves from the edge to the centre to the other edge. Objects revolve around the galaxy in an orbit.

Plus we have our maximum number of friends at 25 which is roughly 1/3 the way through our lives. It's not as if this is the most dangerous time in life, that would be in the teen years.

So it's one of those metaphors that seems nice but is in fact completely inaccurate.

Very well pointed out Barnacle.  Cool

...but.

Remember, Humanity is somewhat 'Exiled' from the pattern of 'nature' (The Fall) in pursuit of Knowledge and this is what even Tolkien refers to as 'The Straight Way'.

So 'naturally' - yes, it would be a gradual orbit around the centre before the 'death' into the black hole.
But as we humans take pride in our 'Evolution' to being 'above' the natural order of things.

It is now like a Compass bearing (straight line on the charts) rather than the old influence of the weather and seas, stars to guide the path.  Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print