Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Another Dud QA I won't watch (Read 3974 times)
RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Another Dud QA I won't watch
Mar 12th, 2018 at 9:02am

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/opinion/andrew-bolt/andrew-bolt-dont-expe...

Here is an opportunity to lay boot into a guy behind a lot of public waste yet the ABC won't have 1 sceptic to grill this guy.

This is a sample of his work:

FLANNERY in 2007 said global warming was so baking our Earth that “even the rain that falls isn’t actually going to fill our dams and our river systems”.

Instead, dams for Brisbane, Canberra and Sydney later filled to overflowing.

FLANNERY in 2015 said we’d see severe cyclones “more frequently in the future”. But the very next year, Australia for the first time recorded not one severe cyclone, continuing a pattern over four decades of fewer cyclones.

A paper in the Nature journal said: “Studies project a decrease in the frequency of tropical cyclones towards the end of the 21st century in the southwest Pacific, southern Indian, and Australian regions.”

FLANNERY in 2005 predicted Sydney’s dams could be dry in as little as two years, leaving the city “facing extreme difficulties”. In 2008, he said: “Adelaide … may run out of water by early 2009.” In 2007, he claimed: “In Adelaide, Sydney and Brisbane, water supplies are so low they need desalinated water urgently, possibly in as little as 18 months.”

All three cities — and Melbourne, too — then built hugely expensive

desalination plants, convinced by the likes of Flannery that the rain would not return. All four plants have essentially been mothballed since.

FLANNERY in 2007 urged us to invest in “green” geothermal power — pumping water on to hot rocks underground.

He claimed hot rocks in South Australia “potentially have enough embedded energy in them to run Australia’s economy for the best part of a century”, and “the technology to extract that energy … is relatively straightforward”.

The Rudd government gave $90 million for a test plant in SA’s Cooper Basin, but a well collapsed, the site flooded and the project was abandoned.

I could add more dud predictions, but these are the most important and costly.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Re: Another Dud QA I won't watch
Reply #1 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 9:32am

AGW one of the greatest hoaxes the oligarchy has ever bestowed upon people to get trillions of dollars up and running on wall street.

The bottom line is they want every man woman and child to pay for the air that they breathe.

Financial slavery under the guise of saving the environment, what other cause can gather so many willing foot soldiers.

Gillard is a traitor to this nation, she should be jailed for life.

Quote:
What a curious way for Julia Gillard to sell a tax - even to businessmen - which we were originally told was needed simply to save the world from disastrous overheating:

"International carbon markets will cover billions of consumers this decade. Ask the bankers at your table whether they want Australia to clip that ticket. We’re going to help them get their share."  Julia Gillard

Hmm. That explains why so many bankers are global warming preachers, too. Think of those billions! Those tickets to clip! That share of the dosh! UPDATE Labor winds down yet another of its green schemes that have cost so much to do no good at all:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/blogs/andrew-bolt/is-the-carbon-tax-great-just-ask-t...

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #2 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 9:38am

Ajax wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 9:32am:
AGW one of the greatest hoaxes the oligarchy has ever bestowed upon people to get trillions of dollars up and running on wall street.

The bottom line is they want every man woman and child to pay for the air that they breathe.

Financial slavery under the guise of saving the environment, what other cause can gather so many willing foot soldiers.

Quote:
What a curious way for Julia Gillard to sell a tax - even to businessmen - which we were originally told was needed simply to save the world from disastrous overheating:

"International carbon markets will cover billions of consumers this decade. Ask the bankers at your table whether they want Australia to clip that ticket. We’re going to help them get their share."  Julia Gillard

Hmm. That explains why so many bankers are global warming preachers, too. Think of those billions! Those tickets to clip! That share of the dosh! UPDATE Labor winds down yet another of its green schemes that have cost so much to do no good at all:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/blogs/andrew-bolt/is-the-carbon-tax-great-just-ask-t...

I am a fence sitter on this, show me the evidence and real usefulness of the science then I might believe it. Flannery by his own incompetence has done far more damage to the religion of global warming then any sceptic has done Smiley

He is the modern day snake oil salesman and a very unconvincing one at that.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #3 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 9:48am

RightSaidFred wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 9:38am:

Quote:

I am a fence sitter on this, show me the evidence and real usefulness of the science then I might believe it. Flannery by his own incompetence has done far more damage to the religion of global warming then any sceptic has done Smiley

He is the modern day snake oil salesman and a very unconvincing one at that.

................... Cool

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #4 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 9:51am

Quote:

Should've just been honest and forthright and magnanimous and said:-  "We're not copping enough revenue out of our current business model* for exporting resources such as coal, so we're going to apply a small tariff...we now realise, as Grappler has been saying for years, that our business model is flawed and fatally so, and we need to address this inequity of funding massive profits for offshore corporations at the expense of the Australian taxpayer....."

*flogging off the nation to offshore enterprises (inc), who not only return little to zero tax to this nation as a result, but also ask for subsidies (loans by another name) and direct loans, thus leaving them only liable for royalties that go to the states ..

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #5 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 10:08am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 9:51am:

Quote:

Should've just been honest and forthright and magnanimous and said:-  "We're not copping enough revenue out of our current business model* for exporting resources such as coal, so we're going to apply a small tariff...we now realise, as Grappler has been saying for years, that our business model is flawed and fatally so, and we need to address this inequity of funding massive profits for offshore corporations at the expense of the Australian taxpayer....."

[color=#0000ff]*flogging off the nation to offshore enterprises (inc), who not only return little to zero tax to this nation as a result, but also ask for subsidies (loans by another name) and direct loans, thus leaving them only liable for royalties that go to the states ..[/color]

.................. Cool

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #6 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 10:17am

One reason the dams dont stay full is not the lack of rain butthe lack of groundwater (thanks coke cola)

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #7 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 10:20am

There is a consensus among economists that putting a price on GHG emissions is the cheapest way to reduce them.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #8 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 10:23am

freediver wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 10:20am:
There is a consensus among economists that putting a price on GHG emissions is the cheapest way to reduce them.

When people like Flannery and yourself are involved in that consensus it disappears in a puff of lack of credibility.

IP Logged

RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #9 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 10:26am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 10:17am:
One reason the dams dont stay full is not the lack of rain butthe lack of groundwater (thanks coke cola)

Spot

But they are full.
What annoys me is most muppets think climates follow yearly seasonal patterns.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #10 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 10:33am

freediver wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 10:20am:

There's also a consensus that says there is a correlation between the amount of atmospheric CO2 and the global mean average temperature.

The only problem is the evidence comes from a computer model and you know what they say about computers right...!!!

We could clean our energy supply without spending billions or trillions on wall street.

1. Bag Filters
2. Electrostatic precipitators
3. Scrubbing
4. Gas instead of coal fired

We could clean up the soot the Nox the Sox that comes from combustion.

CO2 can be emitted into the atmosphere I don't see any problems with that.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #11 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 12:43pm

RightSaidFred wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 9:02am:
Here is an opportunity to lay boot into a guy behind a lot of public waste yet the ABC won't have 1 sceptic to grill this guy.

There is no doubt that Tim Flannery said some things that he probably regrets now. His back ground is in mammalogy (the evolution of mammals) but he has studied the literature on climate science and does have a good grasp of the concepts.

He's probably quite bemused that off-the-cuff comments he made 13 years ago are still being used by conservative commentators to try and discredit him.

Andrew Bolt however has no background in science and the nonsense that he publishes can be easily dismissed. More importantly, trying to discredit Tim Flannery has no effect on the reality of human induced global warming.

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 12:49pm

I think a good ole Flannery bash is relevant. Timbo is the Australian epitome of climate hysteria. If his arguments at the time were a bit more measured, he wouldn't be getting haunted by them.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 1:00pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 12:49pm:
I think a good ole Flannery bash is relevant.

You don't remember Miranda Divine or Andrew Bolt's last one?

You must have a very short memory, Homo. They only rewrite this column at least once a month. Any time Flannery gives a talk or writes a book or goes on the tele, there's this story.

It's a board favourite. There's always a thread on it. Oh - and if Leonardo DiCaprio comes to town, expect the column on how many carbon miles he's clocking up.

So hypocritical of him to use cars and planes, you see.

Al Gore? He once attended a dinner where they served an endangered fish. He has the nerve to catch planes too. Sometimes, he even has things printed on paper - made from trees of all things.

How can we believe a thing these people say?

IP Logged

RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #14 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 1:07pm

The_Barnacle wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 12:43pm:
RightSaidFred wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 9:02am:

There is no doubt that Tim Flannery said some things that he probably regrets now. His back ground is in mammalogy (the evolution of mammals) but he has studied the literature on climate science and does have a good grasp of the concepts.

He's probably quite bemused that off-the-cuff comments he made 13 years ago are still being used by conservative commentators to try and discredit him.

Andrew Bolt however has no background in science and the nonsense that he publishes can be easily dismissed. More importantly, trying to discredit Tim Flannery has no effect on the reality of human induced global warming.

Bolt is just a journalist Flannery is just a money seeking grub.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print