Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Another Dud QA I won't watch (Read 3835 times)
Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Re: Another Dud QA I won't watch
Reply #15 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 1:09pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 1:00pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 12:49pm:
I think a good ole Flannery bash is relevant.

You don't remember Miranda Divine or Andrew Bolt's last one?

You must have a very short memory, Homo. They only rewrite this column at least once a month. Any time Flannery gives a talk or writes a book or goes on the tele, there's this story.

It's a board favourite. There's always a thread on it. Oh - and if Leonardo DiCaprio comes to town, expect the column on how many carbon miles he's clocking up.

So hypocritical of him to use cars and planes, you see.

Al Gore? He once attended a dinner where they served an endangered fish. He has the nerve to catch planes too. Sometimes, he even has things printed on paper - made from trees of all things.

How can we believe a thing these people say?

Ever checked his electrical bill...?

Could run Melbourne for a year.

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 1:09pm

RightSaidFred wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 1:07pm:
The_Barnacle wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 12:43pm:
RightSaidFred wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 9:02am:
Here is an opportunity to lay boot into a guy behind a lot of public waste yet the ABC won't have 1 sceptic to grill this guy.

There is no doubt that Tim Flannery said some things that he probably regrets now. His back ground is in mammalogy (the evolution of mammals) but he has studied the literature on climate science and does have a good grasp of the concepts.

He's probably quite bemused that off-the-cuff comments he made 13 years ago are still being used by conservative commentators to try and discredit him.

Andrew Bolt however has no background in science and the nonsense that he publishes can be easily dismissed. More importantly, trying to discredit Tim Flannery has no effect on the reality of human induced global warming.

Bolt is just a journalist Flannery is just a money seeking grub.

A professor money-seeking grub.

IP Logged

RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #17 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 1:11pm

I think a good ole Flannery bash is relevant. Timbo is the Australian epitome of climate hysteria. If his arguments at the time were a bit more measured, he wouldn't be getting haunted by them.

Absolutely, even the smarter disciples of the climate change cult even distance themselves from this lunatic Smiley

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 1:13pm

RightSaidFred wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 1:11pm:
I think a good ole Flannery bash is relevant. Timbo is the Australian epitome of climate hysteria. If his arguments at the time were a bit more measured, he wouldn't be getting haunted by them.

Absolutely, even the smarter disciples of the climate change cult even distance themselves from this lunatic Smiley

The guy thought he was god and could predict our future weather. What a tosser.

IP Logged

RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #19 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 1:14pm

Ajax wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 1:09pm:

You must have a very short memory, Homo. They only rewrite this column at least once a month. Any time Flannery gives a talk or writes a book or goes on the tele, there's this story.

It's a board favourite. There's always a thread on it. Oh - and if Leonardo DiCaprio comes to town, expect the column on how many carbon miles he's clocking up.

Al Gore? He once attended a dinner where they served an endangered fish. He has the nerve to catch planes too. Sometimes, he even has things printed on paper - made from trees of all things.

Reminds me of Al Gore he owns 7 mansions all with fire places as well as his private jet he flies around the world preaching his BS.

IP Logged

RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #20 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 1:20pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 1:13pm:

That is the rub, science goes through phases, discovery and/or hypothesis .... theory .... then experimentation .... then trials  .... then full use. As far as I can tell they are still trying to iron out the theory.

Einstein was an absolute genius his theory of relativity was only proven long after he was dead he was a real scientist ...... Flannery is just a grub !

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #21 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 1:25pm

RightSaidFred wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 1:14pm:

Reminds me of Al Gore he owns 7 mansions all with fire places as well as his private jet he flies around the world preaching his BS.

Don't forget all those condominiums he bought up at half price on the San Francisco peninsula after the owners saw an inconvenient truth........the fools...... Roll Eyes

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 1:30pm

Scientists. What a nerve.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 1:31pm

Ajax wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 1:25pm:

Don't forget all those condominiums he bought up at half price on the San Francisco peninsula after the owners saw an inconvenient truth........the fools...... Roll Eyes

You see? You could write Andrew Bolt's column yourself, Ajax.

Get Homo to help you.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #24 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 1:32pm

Does that mean Jane Bunn is a God too?

Wow, who would have thought that weather forecasters were Gods. I bet the Bureau of Meteorology are pretty chuffed

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #25 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 1:32pm

RightSaidFred wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 1:20pm:

That is the rub, science goes through phases, discovery and/or hypothesis .... theory .... then experimentation .... then trials  .... then full use. As far as I can tell they are still trying to iron out the theory.

Einstein was an absolute genius his theory of relativity was only proven long after he was dead he was a real scientist ...... Flannery is just a grub !

Quote:
1990 IPCC computer models = 2.78°C warming by the end of this century

Empirical data the last 27 years = 1.01°C warming by the end of this century.

« Last Edit: Mar 12th, 2018 at 1:44pm by Ajax »  

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 1:34pm

Cate Bland-Chick won't give up her private jet. Don't worry about my AC usage, Catie.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #27 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 1:39pm

The_Barnacle wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 1:32pm:

Does that mean Jane Bunn is a God too?

Wow, who would have thought that weather forecasters were Gods. I bet the Bureau of Meteorology are pretty chuffed

Their too busy with the bitcoins to take any notice....!!!
« Last Edit: Mar 12th, 2018 at 1:47pm by Ajax »  

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #28 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 1:41pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 1:31pm:
Ajax wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 1:25pm:

You see? You could write Andrew Bolt's column yourself, Ajax.

Get Homo to help you.

And you can be the editor......?!?!

Ala Emma Alberici...............LOL

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #29 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 1:44pm

And here is a perfect example.
You've just made an off-the-cuff comment which is pretty ridiculous. After all, the Bureau of Meteorology were specifically set up to predict our future weather.

How would you feel if in 13 years time some shock jock hack like Andrew Bolt was continuing to quote you?

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print