Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
A black day in Peking (Read 1441 times)
bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

A black day in Peking
Mar 12th, 2018 at 6:18am

2958 in favour, 2 against, 3 abstentions, 1 invalid.
That was the party congress vote to remove term limits on the office of President.
(The invoice for two bullets is on the way to the respective families)

It's a step backwards for China.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Re: A black day in Peking
Reply #1 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 6:29am

Yes indeed, it's a move towards a Kim Jong-un style autocracy in which he can't be ousted even if he becomes mentally unstable.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #2 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 8:26am

I think a congress of 3000 people will figure out a way to get rid of a crazy leader.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 12:16pm

freediver wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 8:26am:
I think a congress of 3000 people will figure out a way to get rid of a crazy leader.

How would they know he's crazy if they're crazy themselves?

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #4 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 2:27pm

bogarde73 wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 6:18am:
2958 in favour, 2 against, 3 abstentions, 1 invalid.
That was the party congress vote to remove term limits on the office of President.
(The invoice for two bullets is on the way to the respective families)

It's a step backwards for China.

By the sounds of the title I thought it was the sequel to 55 days in Peking....LOL....... Grin Grin Grin

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #5 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 2:37pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 12:16pm:

They are an official communist revolutionary party who are successfully transitioning their country to free market capitalism. They must have something going for them. Look at Russia for an example of how bad things can go.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #6 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 2:51pm

freediver wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 2:37pm:
Lord Herbert wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 12:16pm:

They are an official communist revolutionary party who are successfully transitioning their country to free market capitalism. They must have something going for them. Look at Russia for an example of how bad things can go.

This bloke doesn't sound too bad on the face of it,

apparently he has cleaned up a lot of corruption and their economy is going gang busters!

Russia by comparison is run by a criminal and all his criminal cronies!
« Last Edit: Mar 12th, 2018 at 2:57pm by Redmond Neck »  

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #7 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 5:07pm

Progressives in the West have been talking themselves into believing China is not really a communist country since 1980. China was never on a road to democracy, but the Chinese have always been very good with money. After the cultural revolution their money men realised the way to defeat capitalism was to give it labour so cheap they could not help themselves forgiving the human rights abuses. First it was just importers, but then domestic industries got in on the act. Nothing has ever looked more like the Goose that laid the Golden Egg.

Western countries have many problems, but any country, that does not have term limits on its leaders, can be shown to be run by thugs. The Chinese communists have demonstrated this now because they believe the Western economies have become addicted to the opiate of the cheapest labour on Earth. They will walk into Taiwan unopposed.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #8 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 5:57pm

In just a few short decades China will be the most dominant country in the world, and rather than face a nuclear war, America will let China take over Australia as its southernmost province.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #9 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 6:27pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 5:57pm:
In just a few short decades China will be the most dominant country in the world, and rather than face a nuclear war, America will let China take over Australia as its southernmost province.

And you will be welcomed back in your homeland, He Bie!  You will will march at the head of the triumphant Chinese Peoples Army down the main road of Sydney!   Cool Cool

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #10 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 6:29pm

issuevoter wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 5:07pm:
Progressives in the West have been talking themselves into believing China is not really a communist country since 1980. China was never on a road to democracy, but the Chinese have always been very good with money. After the cultural revolution their money men realised the way to defeat capitalism was to give it labour so cheap they could not help themselves forgiving the human rights abuses. First it was just importers, but then domestic industries got in on the act. Nothing has ever looked more like the Goose that laid the Golden Egg.

Western countries have many problems, but any country, that does not have term limits on its leaders, can be shown to be run by thugs. The Chinese communists have demonstrated this now because they believe the Western economies have become addicted to the opiate of the cheapest labour on Earth. They will walk into Taiwan unopposed.

Does Australia have term limits on its leaders?

The antonym of communism is not democracy, it is capitalism. You appear to be suggesting the communist party is defeating capitalism by becoming capitalist.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #11 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 9:39pm

freediver wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 6:29pm:
issuevoter wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 5:07pm:

Does Australia have term limits on its leaders?

The antonym of communism is not democracy, it is capitalism. You appear to be suggesting the communist party is defeating capitalism by becoming capitalist.

Australian term limits? Not in the US model, but we do not have a President - yet. Australia is led by government ministers, led by the PM who is politically vulnerable at all times, due to the democratic process. Forgive me for stating the obvious.

No the Chinese are not defeating Capitalism by becoming capitalist. They are defeating Capitalism by giving the West what it wants - dirt cheap industrial labour. Other countries may try to do the same, but they are not geared up for it.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #12 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 10:17pm

Quote:
No the Chinese are not defeating Capitalism by becoming capitalist. They are defeating Capitalism by giving the West what it wants - dirt cheap industrial labour.

I hate to break it to you, but that is pretty much the definition of capitalism. And you know what? The better they get at it, the more expensive their labor will become. Maybe one day we can sell plastic trinkets to them.

IP Logged

miketrees
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 10:33pm

I think that this is almost inevitable.

This is why our politicians are hell bent on importing all sorts of human rubbish to Australia ,, to try and boost our population.

But 20 mil or 50 mil will make no difference.

China will say that they must take over the control of Australia because they have so many assets at risk.

The only thing that will save Australia is a "Berlin Wall" type of implosion in China.

But unlike the Eastern block China has wealth.

Either way Australia is stuffed.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #14 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 9:03am

They will invade with their army of spoilt little princelings.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #15 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 9:21am

freediver wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 10:17pm:
Quote:
No the Chinese are not defeating Capitalism by becoming capitalist. They are defeating Capitalism by giving the West what it wants - dirt cheap industrial labour.

I hate to break it to you, but that is pretty much the definition of capitalism. And you know what? The better they get at it, the more expensive their labor will become. Maybe one day we can sell plastic trinkets to them.

And dot paintings.

Maybe even some plastic boomerangs made in China.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print