Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Send Topic Print
How I escaped from Islam's sexual slavery (Read 11664 times)
polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: How I escaped from Islam's sexual slavery
Reply #45 - Mar 16th, 2018 at 10:56am

freediver wrote on Mar 15th, 2018 at 7:04pm:
They have sustained a war for years. And they do not have to form a nice, organised, western military style circle around Baghdad. They just have to own the surrounding territory and stop supplies getting in.

And no problem sustaining supply lines of their own - hundreds of miles long with zero air cover, while simultaneously battling the Syrian regime + all the Syrian insurgents? Or let me guess, all the muslim air forces will join ISIS - like that Jordanian pilot they burned to death in a cage?

freediver wrote on Mar 15th, 2018 at 7:04pm:
So Iran's army is that much better than Iraq's? How well do you think an invasion by Iran would go for ISIS's recruitment strategy?

Lets look at a similar experience for comparison: Saddam's invasion of Iran in the 80s - sunni jihadists just flocked towards this great sunni vs shia fight - right? Or how about the Iraq civil war after the US invasion - sunni jihadists and shias at each others throat - I mean the whole country just became awash with foreign sunnis, who totally annhialated the shias in Iraq - and Iraq is now entirely sunni right?

FD has it ever seemed strange to you that despite your "all muslims are closet ISIS supporters" line, virtually the entire muslim world was/is united in opposition to them? On the ground in Iraq and Syria, they have managed to end up fighting literally every sunni armed group they have come in contact with - Al Nusra, Al Qaeda affiliates, the peshmerga, etc. In the territory they occupied, it is well documented the subjugated populations were teetering on open revolt. They issued a ban on burqas because there were too many people blowing themselves up in burqas. There is plenty of anecdotal evidence that foreign fighters were getting a heavy dose of buyers remorse - they were promised a jihadist paradise, they got a run down hell hole. Of course ISIS could, and did resort to sheer terror tactics to keep their troops in line - but how effective do you think that would be in maintaining an effective, loyal and dedicated force of jihadists - most of whom would have to be prepared to die in suicide attacks?

Come to think of it, its likely ISIS would have imploded on itself before Iran would need to significantly get involved.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #46 - Mar 16th, 2018 at 11:35am

Air cover from what? Iraq's air force? Syria's? When were they going to show off the strength of this air power? After they had lost half the country and stewed in failure for a decade?

Quote:
Lets look at a similar experience for comparison: Saddam's invasion of Iran in the 80s - sunni jihadists just flocked towards this great sunni vs shia fight - right?

Sunni jihadists did not flock to Saddam. They did flock to ISIS. It was already happening Gandalf, so you are clutching at straws trying to compare ISIS with Saddam. They even got about 100 from Australia's tiny Muslim population. Was that all do you think? Or might they have gotten more after growing and consolidating their Islamic state?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #47 - Mar 16th, 2018 at 2:24pm

freediver wrote on Mar 16th, 2018 at 11:35am:
Air cover from what? Iraq's air force? Syria's? When were they going to show off the strength of this air power?

Haven't been following the Syrian war much? There is a) a Syrian airforce, and b) they have been quite prominent - often controversially. Heard of barrel bombs?

freediver wrote on Mar 16th, 2018 at 11:35am:
They did flock to ISIS. It was already happening Gandalf

Foreign jihadis were flocking everywhere in Iraq and Syria - not just for ISIS. And it included many who were specifically going to fight ISIS. There were reportedly 30 thousand shia ready to go from India. Thats about the total number of foreigners the CIA estimates joined ISIS. How many thousands more do you think Iran could have mobilised to stave off a perceived existential threat to shai in Iraq and elsewhere?

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #48 - Mar 16th, 2018 at 2:31pm

Quote:
Haven't been following the Syrian war much? There is a) a Syrian airforce, and b) they have been quite prominent - often controversially. Heard of barrel bombs?

So, how's that working out for them?

Quote:
Foreign jihadis were flocking everywhere in Iraq and Syria - not just for ISIS.

How would this have panned out if they had continued to expand and consolidate?

Quote:
And it included many who were specifically going to fight ISIS.

Many eh? Enough to stop them without western military support?

Quote:
There were reportedly 30 thousand shia ready to go from India. Thats about the total number of foreigners the CIA estimates joined ISIS.

Why did they not go?

Quote:
How many thousands more do you think Iran could have mobilised to stave off a perceived existential threat to shai in Iraq and elsewhere?

When do you think they were planning on doing this? Haw many more of their fellow Shia were they going to sacrifice to ISIS before they pulled their finger out?

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #49 - Mar 16th, 2018 at 2:36pm

When Australia becomes a Republic,
there will be much War.
Many sex-slaves to enjoy.
Mad Max will not even come close.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #50 - Mar 16th, 2018 at 3:36pm

freediver wrote on Mar 16th, 2018 at 2:31pm:
So, how's that working out for them?

Pretty good - they're winning the war. And thats despite their enemies being supported by the west.

When do you think they were planning on doing this? Haw many more of their fellow Shia were they going to sacrifice

What shia were being sacrificed during the ISIS expansion FD? You might have forgotton already they expanded only in sunni areas. Shia strongholds remained untouched. Thats kinda been my point all along.

Why did they not go?

I'm not sure, but its the thought that counts. How many shia worldwide do you think could have been mobilised if ISIS actually did present an existential threat to the shia in the middle east?

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #51 - Mar 16th, 2018 at 5:18pm

Quote:
What shia were being sacrificed during the ISIS expansion FD? You might have forgotton already they expanded only in sunni areas. Shia strongholds remained untouched. Thats kinda been my point all along.

Had these Sunni areas already been ethnically cleansed of all Shites?

Were there no more Sunni areas for ISIS to continue expanding into?

Quote:
I'm not sure, but its the thought that counts.

Grin

So that's how Muslims were planning on stopping ISIS?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #52 - Mar 16th, 2018 at 7:06pm

freediver wrote on Mar 16th, 2018 at 5:18pm:
Had these Sunni areas already been ethnically cleansed of all Shites?

They were not shiite areas FD, but no, I don't know how many individuals were forced out or killed. Probably a few.

I'm wondering though, is this the most crucial point to address to prosecute your case that ISIS was going to overrun the entire area from Afghanistan to the Atlantic without US intervention? Not, say - other issues like how to manage the logistics of multiple battle fronts stretched across hundreds of miles of desert, supply lines, no airforce, the fact that every other sunni insurgent group in the region was in open war with them...etc?

freediver wrote on Mar 16th, 2018 at 5:18pm:
So that's how Muslims were planning on stopping ISIS?

So you think the shiite world, backed by the strongest power in the region, would have just sat on their hands while ISIS overran all their cities and holy sites? As I recall Iran mobilised pretty well when Saddam attacked them, holding back and then pushing back the Iraqis despite full support from the US. ISIS had a total of 30 thousand foreign volunteers, according to the CIA. They obviously weren't going to conquer the entire area from Afghanistan to Morocco with just that. So don't forget its actually you whose relying on the "others were sure to join them later" argument. As for the shiites, well as it turned out they didn't have to do much given a) ISIS never threatened the major shiite populations and b) the US came in instead - although that fact doesn't mean the muslim world couldn't have defeated ISIS on their own (let alone allow themselves to be overrun entirely).

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #53 - Mar 17th, 2018 at 10:36am

Quote:
They were not shiite areas FD, but no, I don't know how many individuals were forced out or killed. Probably a few.

Ah. Can you give a straight answer now?

Quote:
How many thousands more do you think Iran could have mobilised to stave off a perceived existential threat to shai in Iraq and elsewhere?

When do you think they were planning on doing this? Haw many more of their fellow Shia were they going to sacrifice to ISIS before they pulled their finger out?

Quote:
I'm wondering though, is this the most crucial point to address to prosecute your case that ISIS was going to overrun the entire area from Afghanistan to the Atlantic without US intervention?

Like I said Gandalf, one step at a time. You can't kill those Shia all at once, can you?

Quote:
ot, say - other issues like how to manage the logistics of multiple battle fronts stretched across hundreds of miles of desert, supply lines, no airforce, the fact that every other sunni insurgent group in the region was in open war with them...etc?

They did this exactly how they were already doing it Gandalf. I don't know the details. Nor do I have to. The fact that they did it is alone sufficient evidence for their ability to do it.

Quote:
So you think the shiite world, backed by the strongest power in the region, would have just sat on their hands while ISIS overran all their cities and holy sites?

No Gandalf. They would have died in large numbers, and fled in large numbers, and talked their way out of being killed in large numbers. But ignoring your hyperbole, that is what they were doing and would have continued to do until ISIS was strong enough to invade Iran, with the assistance of local Sunnis of course.

Quote:
So don't forget its actually you whose relying on the "others were sure to join them later" argument.

Do you disagree with this argument Gandalf? I ahve asked you to comment on it many times. This is the first time you have even acknowledged that I made it.

Quote:
As for the shiites, well as it turned out they didn't have to do much given a) ISIS never threatened the major shiite populations and b) the US came in instead - although that fact doesn't mean the muslim world couldn't have defeated ISIS on their own (let alone allow themselves to be overrun entirely).

When do you think they were actually going to do that? Do you think they missed out because ISIS's enemies, with US assistance, were so quick to drive ISIS back?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #54 - Mar 21st, 2018 at 2:25pm

freediver wrote on Mar 17th, 2018 at 10:36am:
I don't know the details.

Indeed.

Yet details are kinda important when you spout such BS about how a universally despised bunch of jihadis, surrounded by enemies on all fronts, sustaining already strained and stretched supply lines, and who had hitherto not even touched any non-sunni insurgent strongholds - were somehow going to magically conquer millions and millions of people from Afghanistan to the Atlantic.

I think we can safely conclude that your argument boils down to "mindless collective of ISIS wannabes" - amrite?

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #55 - Mar 21st, 2018 at 6:37pm

Quote:
Yet details are kinda important when you spout such BS about how a universally despised bunch of jihadis, surrounded by enemies on all fronts, sustaining already strained and stretched supply lines, and who had hitherto not even touched any non-sunni insurgent strongholds - were somehow going to magically conquer millions and millions of people from Afghanistan to the Atlantic.

I did not make this claim Gandalf. This is your strawman, and I have pointed  out how idiotic it is enough times.

Can you give a straight answer now?

Quote:

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #56 - Mar 21st, 2018 at 10:11pm

FD, can you give a straight answer?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #57 - Mar 22nd, 2018 at 9:48am

freediver wrote on Mar 21st, 2018 at 6:37pm:
I did not make this claim Gandalf.

Yes you did. You said it would have conquered the area of the old caliphate. Get your favourite inbreeding map out if you're confused what that is.

Quote:

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #58 - Mar 22nd, 2018 at 9:50am

Quote:

Gee I don't know FD - maybe when ISIS actually started to present a real threat to the Shia - instead of just reclaiming their old sunni insurgent strongholds??

FD is it true your argument that ISIS were going to conquer the entire area of the caliphate (from Afghanistan to the Atlantic) - boils down to "mindless collective of ISIS wannabes"? Given that, as you said yourself, you don't know the details, nor do you need to?
« Last Edit: Mar 22nd, 2018 at 10:31am by polite_gandalf »  

Quote:

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #59 - Mar 22nd, 2018 at 11:16am

polite_gandalf wrote on Mar 22nd, 2018 at 9:48am:
I did not make this claim Gandalf.

Yes you did. You said it would have conquered the area of the old caliphate. Get your favourite inbreeding map out if you're confused what that is.

That's also the Arab disease map, G. Of course, it also extends to Europe, the European colonies and the New World.

Not racist. Arabia is not a race.

Europe is.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Send Topic Print