Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Border force seize 1700 guns last year (Read 1277 times)
Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Border force seize 1700 guns last year
Mar 5th, 2018 at 10:17pm

Quote:
1700 guns seized by Australian Border Force

BORDER Force officers have uncovered 1700 undeclared firearms in the past financial year, as well as seven tonnes of illegal drugs.

The Sunday Herald Sun can reveal much of that loot was found at Melbourne’s Container Examination Facility, including large seizures of ­cocaine, ice and illegal tobacco.

“The ABF has invested heavily to upgrade our X-ray screening capabilities,” Mr Palmer said.
“Our officers are highly trained and experienced, and have advanced technology available to prevent dangerous drugs, weapons and illicit tobacco from reaching the community.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/1700-guns-seized-by-australian-border-...

If that's how many were seized it makes you wonder how many weren't

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: Border force seize 1700 guns last year
Reply #1 - Mar 6th, 2018 at 9:44pm

OH, yes, we're just awash with illegal firearms, Baron.  Perhaps we need you on the docks/airports to stop them? 
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2018 at 10:18pm by Baronvonrort »  

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #2 - Mar 8th, 2018 at 7:10am

Baronvonrort wrote on Mar 5th, 2018 at 10:17pm:
Quote:
1700 guns seized by Australian Border Force

BORDER Force officers have uncovered 1700 undeclared firearms in the past financial year, as well as seven tonnes of illegal drugs.

The Sunday Herald Sun can reveal much of that loot was found at Melbourne’s Container Examination Facility, including large seizures of ­cocaine, ice and illegal tobacco.

“The ABF has invested heavily to upgrade our X-ray screening capabilities,” Mr Palmer said.
“Our officers are highly trained and experienced, and have advanced technology available to prevent dangerous drugs, weapons and illicit tobacco from reaching the community.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/1700-guns-seized-by-australian-border-...

If that's how many were seized it makes you wonder how many weren't

The number does not worry me even if you doubled it.
I would be more interested in modified / banned types.

In reality we see little in terms of usage of such by criminals in this country, they might be just using these weapons as trade .or toys .... from memory (correct me if I am wrong) I can not recall a full on Hollywood style gangster shoot out in this country using illegal weapons .... they barely happen even with legal weapons.

« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2018 at 5:37pm by RightSaidFred »  

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #3 - Mar 8th, 2018 at 1:47pm

What does this have to do with Hunting and Fishing?

Huh

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #4 - Mar 8th, 2018 at 3:47pm

Aussie wrote on Mar 8th, 2018 at 1:47pm:

Huh

Not much but the Baron has created a precedence.  He likes to talk gun politics in this sub-forum.   So we talk gun politics here.   Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #5 - Mar 8th, 2018 at 5:41pm

Aussie wrote on Mar 8th, 2018 at 1:47pm:

Huh

A lot of gun laws are based on reaction to illegal trade.
Other than that not much Hunters usually don't run around with unregistered or illegal weapons.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print