No go zones in Germany (Read 311 times)
Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
No go zones in Germany
Mar 1st, 2018 at 8:49pm

Oh dear

No-go areas” do exist in Germany, Angela Merkel admitted in an interview, adding that the arrival of “so many refugees” in the country “has raised multiple questions.”
Speaking with RTL, Merkel acknowledged that there are areas in Germany where people cannot feel safe. She also made it clear that it’s time for the authorities to do something in order to ensure public safety.

It's always a point to me that [ensuring] domestic security is the state's obligation, the state has the monopoly of power, the state has to make sure that people have the right to it whenever they meet and move in a public space,” Merkel argued.

She then took aim at “no-go areas,” which gained notoriety all across Europe during the refugee influx that reached its peak in 2015. Merkel bluntly dismissed the claim that 'no-go areas' are non-existent in Germany, stressing instead that “there are such spaces, and you have to call that by name and you have to do something about it.”

Merkel, who is steps away from her official fourth term as the Germany chancellor, said her government had a “tough time” in the past. She then referred to harsh criticism over her “open-door policy” and her reluctance to set an upper limit for the new refugee arrivals: “Of course, the arrival of so many refugees has raised multiple questions.”

However, some critics said that Merkel did not allow much self-criticism during her speech. Merkel is not known to have said that she wouldn’t have acted another way when the migrant crisis broke out.

https://www.rt.com/news/419978-germany-merkel-no-go-zones/

IBI

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: No go zones in Germany
Reply #1 - Mar 2nd, 2018 at 1:17pm

I hate her.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Mar 2nd, 2018 at 7:50pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Mar 2nd, 2018 at 1:17pm:
I hate her.

You love Jesus.

IP Logged

sover4

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 7:17am

I think that the policy  in Germany is not quite right, because of this, the native Germans suffer.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print