Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
How are we westerners to view Muslims? (Read 2445 times)
Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: How are we westerners to view Muslims?
Reply #15 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 4:21pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Mar 1st, 2018 at 2:41pm:
bogarde73 wrote on Mar 1st, 2018 at 2:37pm:
I suppose my question WAS a bit of a Dorothy Dixer.

We do prefer this place to be an echo chamber.

What sound does a jellyfish make?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #16 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 8:10pm

Auggie wrote on Mar 1st, 2018 at 2:41pm:
A distinction should be made between Islam - the religion; and Islamism - the ideology of imposing an Islamic state over society.

There are many Muslims who are Islamists, particularly in Britain where the majority of Muslims are conservative.

The problem with Islamists is that no one can agree as to what an Islamist state would like. To be honest, I don't think they really want an Islamist state even though they say so. Either that, or the Islamist state will end up being the exact same as what we have now.

The Quran makes no such distinction. It repeatedly calls on Muslims to fight non-Muslims in order to impose Islam on them. Muhammad made no such distinction. Most Muslims on Muslim-dominated countries (where they feel no need to pretend to 'fit in' with western values) make no such distinction.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 8:48pm

I view them as a group I don't want to associate with, not my cup of tea

Don't want them out here in the bush either, keep them in the big cities if you must vote for governments that keep importing them

That guy got 44 years and he still shows no remorse, still mad for ISIS. Why isn't he getting deported after the jail term? he'll still be a mad dog when he comes out. How much money will it cost the taxpayer to keep him in there all that time?

Time for a re-think about the immigration program, if it's not one it's the other, black Africans are the pest now

Give your vote to a minor party or something, anything but the Libs and Labs, they really don't know what they're doing anymore
« Last Edit: Mar 1st, 2018 at 9:30pm by Bias_2012 »  

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 8:56pm

A distinction should be made between Islam - the religion; and Islamism - the ideology of imposing an Islamic state over society.

There are many Muslims who are Islamists, particularly in Britain where the majority of Muslims are conservative.

The problem with Islamists is that no one can agree as to what an Islamist state would like. To be honest, I don't think they really want an Islamist state even though they say so. Either that, or the Islamist state will end up being the exact same as what we have now.

Why don't you tell us how YOU make that distinction.  You say it should be made - how do YOU do it??

I can't see any difference. Adherents of Islam are adherents of Islam. Some are more serious about than others.  What's the point on that scale of taking Islam serious that 'Islamism' kicks in? Believing it all is not yet but enacting it is? Enacting what exactly?

A Nazi is OK if he is a fully paid member but works in a library? A bad Nazi is who DOES the job of eliminating the enemies of Nazism that even the librarian i wholeheartedly agrees with, just doesn't do himself???

You are trying to excuse evil but don't quite know how to do it.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 9:27pm

Frank wrote on Mar 1st, 2018 at 8:56pm:

Why don't you tell us how YOU make that distinction.  You say it should be made - how do YOU do it??

I can't see any difference. Adherents of Islam are adherents of Islam. Some are more serious about than others.  What's the point on that scale of taking Islam serious that 'Islamism' kicks in? Believing it all is not yet but enacting it is? Enacting what exactly?

A Nazi is OK if he is a fully paid member but works in a library? A bad Nazi is who DOES the job of eliminating the enemies of Nazism that even the librarian i wholeheartedly agrees with, just doesn't do himself???

True, but how do we distinguish a hideous old fool like your good self from the Lutheran Association of Aarhus?

You like Horsens, no?

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 9:37pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Mar 1st, 2018 at 9:27pm:

True, but how do we distinguish a hideous old fool like your good self from the Lutheran Association of Aarhus?

You like Horsens, no?

What are you struggling to articulate, arse clown?

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 9:48pm

Frank wrote on Mar 1st, 2018 at 9:37pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Mar 1st, 2018 at 9:27pm:

You like Horsens, no?

What are you struggling to articulate, arse clown?

You do Mormor proud, old boy. The honour of the village depends on you.

Do it for Aarhus.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print