Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
killing in the name of (Read 2723 times)
polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: killing in the name of
Reply #15 - Mar 2nd, 2018 at 10:50am

This happened some time in March - date is not given:

Quote:
A Pentagon investigation has found more than 100 civilians were killed in a US bombing in Mosul, Iraq, in March, making it one of the largest incidents of civilian death since the US air campaign against Isis began in 2014.

The military reports 101 civilians in the building were killed, and another four died in a nearby building. Thirty-six civilians remain unaccounted for.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/mosul-us-air-strike-civilian-de...

And here's one from yesterday 2011:

Quote:
The Mano Gai or Manogi airstrike was the killing of Afghan children in Mano Gai, Dara-I-Pech District, Kunar province, Afghanistan on March 1, 2011.[1][2][3]

Nine boys aged 8–14 were killed by gunfire from NATO helicopters while collecting firewood for their family.[

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mano_Gai_airstrike

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 11:49am

FAT, COWARDLY AND STUPID IS NO WAY TO GO THROUGH LIFE

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/10/16/00/2D7476D500000578-3274224-image-a-1_...

“What hurt for me and mum is that Raban Alou showed no remorse,” Cheng’s son Alpha Cheng said outside court. The high school teacher said that his lack of contrition “demonstrates how deep the radicalisation and hatred had seeped in.”

Justice Johnson agreed, saying Alou is “devoid of basic humanity”. To which nothing more need be added.

Except, perhaps, "by the Prophet’s holy neckbeard, may Alou never be released alive."

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 11:56am

Elsewhere in the 'vast majority of peaceful Muslims" news:

Another extended period of religious contemplation for one of Mohammed’s soldiers:

Tamim Khaja, now 20, believed he had “a sacred duty” to carry out “appallingly wrong” attacks, Justice Desmond Fagan told the NSW Supreme Court today.

Khaja pleaded guilty to doing an act in preparation for, or planning, a terrorist act and had begun to scope out potential target buildings in Sydney including the Parramatta District Court precinct and Timor Army Barracks.

Justice Fagan sentenced Khaja to a maximum of 19 years imprisonment with a non-parole period of 14 years and three months …

Khaja himself had said he was motivated not by watching YouTube videos but “
straight from the verses of Quran
”.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/blogs/tim-blair/fat-cowardly-and-stupid-is-no-...

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #18 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 12:42pm

Khaja is the true face of Islam, not the cute scripted "Aussie" Muzlims on SBS.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #19 - Mar 4th, 2018 at 10:10am

polite_gandalf wrote on Mar 2nd, 2018 at 10:31am:
freediver wrote on Mar 1st, 2018 at 10:09pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Mar 1st, 2018 at 2:38pm:
5042 deaths?

Thats a quiet month for NATO in Afghanistan.

Thanks Gandalf. You said in the other thread you could find just as many examples of westerners killing Muslim civilians. You demonstrated this by producing one example. Have you found a second?

FD, do you think the west has killed more than 5042 muslim civilians in the same period? Take your time.

Gandalf how do you get 5,000 deaths from 33,000 Islamic terrorist attacks in which at least one person was killed?

BTW, thanks for the counter examples. Is that two or three that you are up to now? Also, are any of them examples of the deliberate targeting of civilians?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Mar 4th, 2018 at 11:18am

freediver wrote on Mar 4th, 2018 at 10:10am:
polite_gandalf wrote on Mar 2nd, 2018 at 10:31am:
freediver wrote on Mar 1st, 2018 at 10:09pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Mar 1st, 2018 at 2:38pm:
5042 deaths?

Thats a quiet month for NATO in Afghanistan.

Thanks Gandalf. You said in the other thread you could find just as many examples of westerners killing Muslim civilians. You demonstrated this by producing one example. Have you found a second?

FD, do you think the west has killed more than 5042 muslim civilians in the same period? Take your time.

Gandalf how do you get 5,000 deaths from 33,000 Islamic terrorist attacks in which at least one person was killed?

BTW, thanks for the counter examples. Is that two or three that you are up to now? Also, are any of them examples of the deliberate targeting of civilians?

That's hard to say, FD. Are killings during household searches targeting civilians?

How about helicopter attacks on journalists and passers by who go to their aid?

How about blowing up cars of civilians who pass by when you're driving along in convoy?

Do any of these count?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print