Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 
Send Topic Print
Spot the Aboriginal.. (Read 27609 times)
Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: Spot the Aboriginal..
Reply #420 - Mar 10th, 2018 at 5:23am

Kaffirs have to learn to run early to escape the police or to get away from any hard work..... shiftless thieving Kaffirs....lolly-gagging in the warm sun on the front porch like monkeys and smoking water melon all day... addles their brains....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #421 - Mar 10th, 2018 at 7:01am

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 9th, 2018 at 6:39pm:
Setanta wrote on Mar 9th, 2018 at 12:24am:
Can you run like a Kenyan? Can you learn to? Or is it just your bloody nose that is running like a Kenyan?

Kenyans aren't all that great at running.  Central American Natives, now, they can run.  Long distances on little intake of food.

Anybody, if they have a similar structure and train in the same environment can run.  It's like the claim that there are no Black Olympic swimmers.   That is bullshit and why?  'cause Blacks in developed countries have tended to be trained to be Basketball players - because Basketball courts are cheaper to build than Olympic swimming pools.   This has started to be turned 'round though, there are half a dozen or more Black Olympic swimmers of outstanding achievement.   Since the 1980s when a Black middle class appeared in the USA, where Black kids got a chance to swim and to be coached, they have started to excel in swimming.  I expect we shall see Blacks winning gold in the pool before too long.   Roll Eyes

There are a few in the United States swim team who are African American and who are champion swimmers. Why not? They have to be if they want to make it to the national side.

As for the comment about Kenyan runners.... there is a documentary about how people in that part of the world are leading distance runner. They live at higher than average altitude. Train to run long distances. They are not built for anything other than running. Did not the late Roger Bannister teach you anything?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #422 - Mar 10th, 2018 at 1:34pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Mar 10th, 2018 at 7:01am:
Can you run like a Kenyan? Can you learn to? Or is it just your bloody nose that is running like a Kenyan?

Kenyans aren't all that great at running.  Central American Natives, now, they can run.  Long distances on little intake of food.

Anybody, if they have a similar structure and train in the same environment can run.  It's like the claim that there are no Black Olympic swimmers.   That is bullshit and why?  'cause Blacks in developed countries have tended to be trained to be Basketball players - because Basketball courts are cheaper to build than Olympic swimming pools.   This has started to be turned 'round though, there are half a dozen or more Black Olympic swimmers of outstanding achievement.   Since the 1980s when a Black middle class appeared in the USA, where Black kids got a chance to swim and to be coached, they have started to excel in swimming.  I expect we shall see Blacks winning gold in the pool before too long.   Roll Eyes

There are a few in the United States swim team who are African American and who are champion swimmers. Why not? They have to be if they want to make it to the national side.

As for the comment about Kenyan runners.... there is a documentary about how people in that part of the world are leading distance runner. They live at higher than average altitude. Train to run long distances. They are not built for anything other than running. Did not the late Roger Bannister teach you anything?

I wasn't aware that Roger Bannister was a Kenyan.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #423 - Mar 10th, 2018 at 3:54pm

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 10th, 2018 at 1:34pm:

https://media.newyorker.com/photos/5a9db17b4a932a7c965220e8/master/w_727,c_limit...

I must have missed the part about saying Bannister being a Kenyan, which you made up. Bannister was said to train on the mountain regions in England. Therefore, he could build up his stamina better than other runners.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #424 - Mar 10th, 2018 at 4:11pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Mar 10th, 2018 at 3:54pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Mar 10th, 2018 at 1:34pm:

https://media.newyorker.com/photos/5a9db17b4a932a7c965220e8/master/w_727,c_limit...

I must have missed the part about saying Bannister being a Kenyan, which you made up.

Nope.  I inferred what was what you meant from your comment coming into a discussion about Kenyans.

Quote:
Bannister was said to train on the mountain regions in England. Therefore, he could build up his stamina better than other runners.

If you read the article that picture came from his training was said to be at best, sporadic.  He trained in his lunchtimes.  He did go hiking in the mountains of Scotland weeks before his breaking of the four minutes mile but I don't think he did any training, as such while there.  He went for personal reasons, as a relief from the strain of his medical studies, apparently. I also don't think a height difference of a few hundreds of feet counts for much...    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #425 - Mar 11th, 2018 at 8:02am

If I did training for a marathon, running 5km per day every day, whilst living on Mount Archer (600m above sea height), I would be better prepared than if I was training, running 5km per day every day, whilst living here at sea level.

I think I got my information about Bannister from 30 years ago, when they played Chariots of Fire on television. Mum pointed out that Bannister training on the mountains of Scotland meant that he was better prepared for the 4-minute mile. Even a month on a mountain would make the difference in your body's ability to produce an efficient use of oxygen.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #426 - Mar 11th, 2018 at 3:19pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Mar 11th, 2018 at 8:02am:
If I did training for a marathon, running 5km per day every day, whilst living on Mount Archer (600m above sea height), I would be better prepared than if I was training, running 5km per day every day, whilst living here at sea level.

I think I got my information about Bannister from 30 years ago, when they played Chariots of Fire on television. Mum pointed out that Bannister training on the mountains of Scotland meant that he was better prepared for the 4-minute mile. Even a month on a mountain would make the difference in your body's ability to produce an efficient use of oxygen.

Most "mountains" in the UK are measured in hundreds of feet, not hundreds of metres.  Most Kenyans who run, live in the mountains which are thousands of metres above sea level. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #427 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 8:55am

Just keep in mind, Brian, that you can train in high altitudes for distance running. But when you marathon in sea level regions, you could have the opposite effect having an oxygenated bloodstream. You would need some time to acclimatize/reorientate your body to be able to handle the air pressure. Being 1000m above sea level is ideal. And I think that might be the average height above sea level Kenya could be for much.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #428 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 6:29pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 8:55am:
Just keep in mind, Brian, that you can train in high altitudes for distance running. But when you marathon in sea level regions, you could have the opposite effect having an oxygenated bloodstream. You would need some time to acclimatize/reorientate your body to be able to handle the air pressure. Being 1000m above sea level is ideal. And I think that might be the average height above sea level Kenya could be for much.

Very few mountains in the UK are that high.   You need highland areas.  Kenyan has those.  The UK does not.   As for acclimatising to the downlands, it isn't necessary and it would reverse the good done in the highlands.  What you want is more red blood corpuscles, not less.  You want a greater Oxygen carrying capacity, not less.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 
Send Topic Print