Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 
Send Topic Print
Spot the Aboriginal.. (Read 27024 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: Spot the Aboriginal..
Reply #405 - Mar 9th, 2018 at 6:39pm

Setanta wrote on Mar 9th, 2018 at 12:24am:
Can you run like a Kenyan? Can you learn to? Or is it just your bloody nose that is running like a Kenyan?

Kenyans aren't all that great at running.  Central American Natives, now, they can run.  Long distances on little intake of food.

Anybody, if they have a similar structure and train in the same environment can run.  It's like the claim that there are no Black Olympic swimmers.   That is bullshit and why?  'cause Blacks in developed countries have tended to be trained to be Basketball players - because Basketball courts are cheaper to build than Olympic swimming pools.   This has started to be turned 'round though, there are half a dozen or more Black Olympic swimmers of outstanding achievement.   Since the 1980s when a Black middle class appeared in the USA, where Black kids got a chance to swim and to be coached, they have started to excel in swimming.  I expect we shall see Blacks winning gold in the pool before too long.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #406 - Mar 9th, 2018 at 6:42pm

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 9th, 2018 at 6:39pm:
Can you run like a Kenyan? Can you learn to? Or is it just your bloody nose that is running like a Kenyan?

Kenyans aren't all that great at running.  Central American Natives, now, they can run.  Long distances on little intake of food.

Anybody, if they have a similar structure and train in the same environment can run.  It's like the claim that there are no Black Olympic swimmers.   That is bullshit and why?  'cause Blacks in developed countries have tended to be trained to be Basketball players - because Basketball courts are cheaper to build than Olympic swimming pools.   This has started to be turned 'round though, there are half a dozen or more Black Olympic swimmers of outstanding achievement.   Since the 1980s when a Black middle class appeared in the USA, where Black kids got a chance to swim and to be coached, they have started to excel in swimming.  I expect we shall see Blacks winning gold in the pool before too long.   Roll Eyes

I expect we shall see Blacks winning gold in the pool before too long. ....

So why don't they excel in academia?

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #407 - Mar 9th, 2018 at 6:50pm

Grateful Africans participating in civilised society, building the glorious future in Florence:

Why ever did Italians vote AGAINST immigration by Africans, we will never know, will we Bwian??  Who doesn't want cultural enrichment by racially identical people, eh.  The science is there for all to see, Bwian.

Roll Eyes Tsk, tsk.

Show us one successful black African country, Bwian. One.

Africa for Africans. Not Ireland for Africans.

They are cahnting, 'we want freedom'. Why don't their create free societies in their OWN countries? Why invade free countries that do not want or need them?  Africans, Asians, Arabs -  fix up your shithole countries. Europeans could do it, can you?

A tiny Irish town of just 300 people is about to become less tiny and less Irish – thanks to a government decree and EU asylum seeker directives.

Residents of little Lisdoonvarna aren’t happy about it, with 93 per cent voting against plans to settle 115 asylum seekers in their midst:

In response to the question 'do you want a direct provision centre in Lisdoonvarna?', 197 voted 'no', with 15 voting 'yes' ...

[Chairman of Lisdoonvarna Failte Paddy Dunne] said the 115 asylum seekers would increase the 300-strong population of Lisdoonvarna by 38pc.

He said: "People in the town will be welcoming to a lesser number, but not 115 …"

The Reception and Integration Agency response stated that "the addition of a maximum of 115 persons over the course of a year should not put an undue strain on existing resources and services".

The first asylum seekers were due to arrive on Monday and this has been put back a week due to the current weather conditions. The RIA has told the community in a written reply that the implementation of the plan cannot be delayed.

Resident Michael Walsh was among those who voted no:

“We don’t know where these people are going to be from. They won’t tell us what countries they’re from. What religion they’re from,” said Michael Walsh.

He said the 300-strong rural community of Lisdoonvarna could be radically changed by such a large and sudden influx, and that many concerned locals were fearful of accusations of racism if they questioned it.
« Last Edit: Mar 9th, 2018 at 7:04pm by Frank »  

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #408 - Mar 9th, 2018 at 7:07pm

Conquered,  irrelevant, pre-stone age losers.

Let them dig themselves out, 200 years is plenty of time.

If they can't come up to the bar after 200 years

They never will.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #409 - Mar 9th, 2018 at 7:07pm

https://twitter.com/OnlineMagazin?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fvlad...

Invaders like this need their head kicked in, with severity.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #410 - Mar 9th, 2018 at 7:09pm

I gave you the info to read, you choose to ignore it.
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1519784441/395#395

So this tribe of Kenyans have better trainers than the rest of the world?

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #411 - Mar 9th, 2018 at 7:14pm

'cause Blacks in developed countries have tended to be trained to be Basketball players - because Basketball courts are cheaper to build than Olympic swimming pools.   

What an idiot!!!
The majority whites went for the scarce pools while the minority blacks went for the plentiful basketball courts. It's all about infrastructure choice!!!

There is no Asian or white or Indian equivalent of this. Amazing.

And of course there is no African or Asian or Indian equivalent of white intellectual achievements.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #412 - Mar 9th, 2018 at 7:53pm

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 9th, 2018 at 6:32pm:
Setanta wrote on Mar 8th, 2018 at 10:48pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Mar 8th, 2018 at 10:40pm:
Setanta wrote on Mar 8th, 2018 at 10:25pm:
We are no different to dogs in the diversity of our DNA and the traits that can arise or be brought out from it. Different human groups can be likened to different breeds, it's just you don't like that analogy.

I don't like that analogy because of the overtones of Eugenics in it.  Eugenics was what was replaced by Genetics.   Eugenics were used to create big, black, African-Americans (through the forced breeding of Slaves).  Eugenics were used to justify the Holocaust by the Nazis.  It was also used in South Africa and Australia to justify the treatment of the Indigenous peoples.  As far as I am concerned, Eugenics is dead.   Genetics has replaced it.   Roll Eyes

It's not a good enough reason though, is it? You are using your aversion to something, your emotions, to negate the idea there may well be and probably is differences as that's how DNA and pressures, artificial or natural, bring out.

There are life expectancy differences in different groups of humans. How do you account for this? Is it all diet or does DNA play a role like it does in dogs? A Bullterrier will be lucky to make it to 12, a Lab might make it to 18.

Dogs are not humans though.   Differences in life expectancy are now changing worldwide.  It is nothing to hear about humans in Japan topping 110, same for humans in America and Australia.  It is all about care for older people, not so much about their DNA.   We can all expect to live to 80 if we careful, 90 if we extra-careful.  My own mother is 93.   I expect she'll live to 100 at least and get a telegram.   Good on her.   All thanks to Medicare.

There are no Genes which describe if a person lives longer or shorter that I am aware of, Setanta. 

Scientists Find Genes for Long Life
Live Long and Proper: Genetic Factors Associated with Increased Longevity Identified
Living to 100: New Genes for Longevity Found
Human longevity: Genetics or Lifestyle? It takes two to tango
« Last Edit: Mar 9th, 2018 at 8:03pm by Setanta »  

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #413 - Mar 9th, 2018 at 8:57pm

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 9th, 2018 at 6:32pm:
Setanta wrote on Mar 8th, 2018 at 10:48pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Mar 8th, 2018 at 10:40pm:
Setanta wrote on Mar 8th, 2018 at 10:25pm:
We are no different to dogs in the diversity of our DNA and the traits that can arise or be brought out from it. Different human groups can be likened to different breeds, it's just you don't like that analogy.

I don't like that analogy because of the overtones of Eugenics in it.  Eugenics was what was replaced by Genetics.   Eugenics were used to create big, black, African-Americans (through the forced breeding of Slaves).  Eugenics were used to justify the Holocaust by the Nazis.  It was also used in South Africa and Australia to justify the treatment of the Indigenous peoples.  As far as I am concerned, Eugenics is dead.   Genetics has replaced it.   Roll Eyes

It's not a good enough reason though, is it? You are using your aversion to something, your emotions, to negate the idea there may well be and probably is differences as that's how DNA and pressures, artificial or natural, bring out.

There are life expectancy differences in different groups of humans. How do you account for this? Is it all diet or does DNA play a role like it does in dogs? A Bullterrier will be lucky to make it to 12, a Lab might make it to 18.

Dogs are not humans though.   Differences in life expectancy are now changing worldwide.  It is nothing to hear about humans in Japan topping 110, same for humans in America and Australia.  It is all about care for older people, not so much about their DNA.   We can all expect to live to 80 if we careful, 90 if we extra-careful.  My own mother is 93.   I expect she'll live to 100 at least and get a telegram.   Good on her.   All thanks to Medicare.

There are no Genes which describe if a person lives longer or shorter that I am aware of, Setanta. 

Well, abos are not caring for their seniors, are they?

In 2010–12, life expectancy for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander males was estimated to be 10.6 years lower than that of non-Indigenous males (69.1 years compared with 79.7 years) and 9.5 years lower for females (73.7 compared with 83.1 years).

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #414 - Mar 9th, 2018 at 9:57pm

Setanta wrote on Mar 9th, 2018 at 7:09pm:

Oh, I read it.

Quote:

This tribe of Kenyans have better conditions to train in, not necessarily better trainers to train them.

As I have pointed out, anybody can be taught to run or swim or to throw a Javelin or to hurl a Shot Put  - if they have the right places to train for those sports and the right incentives to train.   It is why many athletes go and train in high altitude locations or use pressure chambers - it naturally increases the number of red corpuscles thus ensuring they can have more Oxygen in their blood stream.  Some athletes choose to use drugs to create the same conditions.  Some use blood doping.  They all run faster/longer.

There is nothing in Kenyan Genes which necessarily makes them better runners that I am aware of.   Just as there is nothing that makes White people better swimmers than Black people, Setanta.   It is all about where they train.   They both need pools.  Black people generally don't have access to pools whereas they have plenty of access to Basketball Courts so they excel at Basketball or Soccer...   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #415 - Mar 9th, 2018 at 10:06pm

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 9th, 2018 at 9:57pm:

Oh, I read it.

Quote:

This tribe of Kenyans have better conditions to train in, not necessarily better trainers to train them.

As I have pointed out, anybody can be taught to run or swim or to throw a Javelin or to hurl a Shot Put  - if they have the right places to train for those sports and the right incentives to train.   It is why many athletes go and train in high altitude locations or use pressure chambers - it naturally increases the number of red corpuscles thus ensuring they can have more Oxygen in their blood stream.  Some athletes choose to use drugs to create the same conditions.  Some use blood doping.  They all run faster/longer.

There is nothing in Kenyan Genes which necessarily makes them better runners that I am aware of.   Just as there is nothing that makes White people better swimmers than Black people, Setanta.   It is all about where they train.   They both need pools.  Black people generally don't have access to pools whereas they have plenty of access to Basketball Courts so they excel at Basketball or Soccer...   Roll Eyes 

So there is one tribe of Kenyans who have facilities and better trainers that all the other Kenyans do not, in fact better trainers and facilities than the rest of the world. Your mind is run by emotion Brian. It's like you stick your fingers in your ears, blindfold yourself against all evidence contrary to your beliefs.

So how about genes for living longer that you were not aware of?

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #416 - Mar 9th, 2018 at 10:37pm

Brian refuses to listen or learn Setanta. He is ignorant, and proud of it. The technical term is a total flickwit.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #417 - Mar 10th, 2018 at 12:25am

Setanta wrote on Mar 9th, 2018 at 10:06pm:

Oh, I read it.

Quote:

So there is one tribe of Kenyans who have facilities and better trainers that all the other Kenyans do not, in fact better trainers and facilities than the rest of the world. Your mind is run by emotion Brian. It's like you stick your fingers in your ears, blindfold yourself against all evidence contrary to your beliefs.

You appear to have missed an operative word in my statement.  Care to reread it before you react again?   I use the word "not" in reference to "better trainers".  This renders your comment completely nonsensical, Setanta.   Now, reread it again and think about what it actually states, not what you appear to think it states.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #418 - Mar 10th, 2018 at 12:25am

mozzaok wrote on Mar 9th, 2018 at 10:37pm:
Brian refuses to listen or learn Setanta. He is ignorant, and proud of it. The technical term is a total flickwit.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #419 - Mar 10th, 2018 at 12:43am

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 10th, 2018 at 12:25am:
Setanta wrote on Mar 9th, 2018 at 10:06pm:

Oh, I read it.

Quote:

You appear to have missed an operative word in my statement.  Care to reread it before you react again?   I use the word "not" in reference to "better trainers".  This renders your comment completely nonsensical, Setanta.   Now, reread it again and think about what it actually states, not what you appear to think it states.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

How about you just spell out why one tribe of Kenyans dominate marathons worldwide? Why they do so much better than countries that can afford to send their athletes to Kenya to train, why other Kenyans are left out of this "ideal environment".

You still have not commented on something you asked me about, genes for longer living.

You wan't to see no differences in humans because it offends your emotions for it to be true. Your attitude is unscientific and makes me want to puke. You are run by emotion, not fact, you are a girl.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 
Send Topic Print