Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29
Send Topic Print
Spot the Aboriginal.. (Read 27032 times)
Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Re: Spot the Aboriginal..
Reply #375 - Mar 8th, 2018 at 8:12pm

Nothing to do with Aboriginals... May I open a can of worms, Brian?

Man when he left Africa could breed with Neanderthal and Denisovians, we know that because their DNA lingers. These were not the same species, yet we bred with them, Neanderthal could not throw a spear because of the construction of his shoulder for example.

Mankind's races are more like breeds of dogs. Shared genes but different physical and cognitive abilities in general, different looks. Some placid, some warriors, some with a sense of smell that is astounding, some that take commands better than others, the list of differences is long, yet all dogs bear the same genes.

You may say that is due to selective breeding and it is but so it is with the environment and other factors with man. We have been selectively bred by our environment. We can look different which may be superficial but we can generally be different per "breed" regarding cognitive and physical abilities and traits. That's what DNA does.

I'm not saying that we should treat each other differently, only that there are differences, just as there are through evolution between men and women.

Using this to attack others is wrong but to say we are all the same is also wrong as the variation within a species is a way to make sure the species survives.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #376 - Mar 8th, 2018 at 9:43pm

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 8th, 2018 at 2:38pm:
Frank wrote on Mar 7th, 2018 at 10:20pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Mar 5th, 2018 at 6:17pm:
 "Race" is a social construct created by European imperialists.  It appears you are either illiterate or just stupid. Which is it?  Mmm?    Roll Eyes

Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Tell, me, idiot, what human relation, concept, institution is NOT a social construct?

And Genetics has what to do with those social constructs, Soren?

"Race" is simply another one - one created by (mainly) Europeans to justify Imperialism.  Until the creation of Anthropology as a "science" "Race" was essentially non-existent in the way Racists use the term.   "Race" has no scientific basis, except as a means of categorising humans on the basis of their external physical differences.   I have known Europeans who look Asian, I have known Asians who look European.  The whole idea of "race" is becoming less and less meaningful.  Genetics determines who we are.   "Race" is a social construct.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Bullshit.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #377 - Mar 8th, 2018 at 9:46pm

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 8th, 2018 at 2:46pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Mar 8th, 2018 at 5:14am:
If it's such a tough gig - why would anyone want to identify as Aboriginal?

For the whining and dining? Feeling of self-righteousness?

Because it is an acknowledgement of whom they are, Graps.

You identify yourself as Irish-Australian.  They identify themselves as Indigenous-Australian.  Same schtick, same gig.

Whether they carry that further is up to them but for many generations, Indigenousness was hidden, shamefully.  Why? 'cause Whites punished people for it.  They took away their Children.  They destroyed their families.   Was that fair?  Well, what do you think?  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Continual perpetuation of a misguided victim mentality.

They weren't Robinson Crusoes.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #378 - Mar 8th, 2018 at 9:48pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 1st, 1970 at 10:00am:
[/color]520499506]Frank wrote on Mar 8th, 2018 at 5:47pm:
 "Race" is a social construct created by European imperialists.  It appears you are either illiterate or just stupid. Which is it?  Mmm?    Roll Eyes

Tell, me, idiot, what human relation, concept, institution is NOT a social construct?

"Race" is simply another one - one created by (mainly) Europeans to justify Imperialism.  Until the creation of Anthropology as a "science" "Race" was essentially non-existent in the way Racists use the term.   "Race" has no scientific basis, except as a means of categorising humans on the basis of their external physical differences.   I have known Europeans who look Asian, I have known Asians who look European.  The whole idea of "race" is becoming less and less meaningful.  Genetics determines who we are.   "Race" is a social construct.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Science is a social contruct, idiot. Look at its history - itself a social construct. You're simply saying nothing worth saying by labelling race a social construct.  You are simply demonstrating that you are not even shallow - and god knows, that needs no re-statement.

Your fetishising of science is laughable. And of course people do not relate to each other 'scientifically', you stupid old aunt.

Science is based upon
observable
phenomena which is then hypothesised about and when proven true, it becomes fact, Soren.   Something psychiatrists appear to have real problems with.  Afterall, their so-called "Science" is based upon human beliefs and we all know how fragile they are.  You're an apt demonstration of that in all your posts.

Genetics is based upon
observable
phenomena about how we and other living things reproduce.    "Race" is based upon the physical externals of individuals.   The reaction to those physical externals is the social contruct, Soren.   You hate Blacks?  Why?  Because they have black skin, thick lips, kinky hair?   Those are superficial externals, nothing more.  Why do you really hate Blacks?   Could it be because your parents taught you to hate Blacks? Possibly.  Could it have been because you grew up in a racist society?  Equally possible.   

Oh, dear.   Nothing to do with their Genetic makeup which you share with them. The idea of which must make you feel unclean, hey, Soren?  Just think, you're the same internally as a Black man.   Oh, dear.   Feel you hair going kinky?  Your lips thickening?  Your skin turning darker?   The first Black Dane.   How about that?    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Observable to whom, idiot? People fear young Africans because young Africans commit more crimes. Nobody fears old Scandinavian ladies because they are harmless.

You are an idiot, peddling crap even you do not believe. You wouldn't be concerned if a group of Swedish or Polish nuns were coming your way on a Saturday night in a dark alley but you would be shiftily looking for an escape route if a group of young African or Arab boys were coming at you at the same spot. We make assessments of people on the basis of their socio-cultural, racial, behavioural characteristics.
A bunch of drunken Abo youths in a dark alley is not the same as a bunch of drunken Scottish grandmothers leaving the RSL at the same spot.

You are captured by irrational, unfounded socially constructed bollocks, Bwian.  It is the story of your sorry life, being captive to, rushing to bollocks at every turn. It's your instinct to side with the insane load of nonsense. You cherish it as your 'strength'. But you are just another ideologically addled idiot who had thinking bleached out of you by your eager sucking in of the right-on crap. You think you get to belong by taking up these idiocies but you end up utterly alone, abandoned by your wife and family because you'd rather be a prick than be a real person. You have no real friends with your stupid ideas, no real person to talk to, no real person to mull it over with. You have tut tutted too much for all the people who knew you and now you are a lonely old piss-soaked aunt who has no-one else to pester but your online 'enemies'.

Sad, pathetic.   Log off, get a life. You will never be anything else but  a sad old pathetic loser here. Strike out, try something worthwhile. You are not going to live forever. i

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #379 - Mar 8th, 2018 at 9:52pm

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 8th, 2018 at 3:59pm:
Auggie wrote on Mar 8th, 2018 at 3:04pm:
My apologies.

Accepted, Augie.  I have been studying/arguing this bullshit for a long, long time.   Biological determinism is pointless from the viewpoint of Racism.   "Race" as Racists use the term is a social construct, nothing more.  Genetics is what determines what and who we are.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Yes .... and those genes also determine whether we are male or female. Not any of the other malarky you also seem to support.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #380 - Mar 8th, 2018 at 10:01pm

Setanta wrote on Mar 8th, 2018 at 8:12pm:

Man when he left Africa could breed with Neanderthal and Denisovians, we know that because their DNA lingers. These were not the same species, yet we bred with them, Neanderthal could not throw a spear because of the construction of his shoulder for example.

Mankind's races are more like breeds of dogs. Shared genes but different physical and cognitive abilities in general, different looks. Some placid, some warriors, some with a sense of smell that is astounding, some that take commands better than others, the list of differences is long, yet all dogs bear the same genes.

You may say that is due to selective breeding and it is but so it is with the environment and other factors with man. We have been selectively bred by our environment. We can look different which may be superficial but we can generally be different per "breed" regarding cognitive and physical abilities and traits. That's what DNA does.

I'm not saying that we should treat each other differently, only that there are differences, just as there are through evolution between men and women.

Using this to attack others is wrong but to say we are all the same is also wrong as the variation within a species is a way to make sure the species survives.

Interesting and something which isn't supported by the science.  I would suggest that initially there were several migrations out of Africa - the Denisovans, then the Neanderthals, followed by Homo Sapiens.   The first first weren't as successful as the last.  However, they were sufficient related that we managed to interbreed with them.  Rather like Lions and Tigers - they can interbreed but only with difficulties to create hybrids - Ligers and Tigons.   While we share a limited amount of DNA with them, it is strictly that - a limited amount.   Until we have firmer evidence, I cannot really comment either way.

As to Neanderthals and spears.   I've never seen that mentioned in any literature that I've read.  Where did you get that from?

As for the various "races" - we share the same Genes.  We can easily interbreed.   We are not dogs/horses/cats/etc.   We are all humans.   "Race" is a social construct, created by 19th century Anthrologists to justify the European imperialism - the domination of 'lesser races" by the supposedly superior "White race".  Genetically we are share the same genetic pool.  QED.

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #381 - Mar 8th, 2018 at 10:02pm

Gnads wrote on Mar 8th, 2018 at 9:43pm:

Bullshit.

Racist.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #382 - Mar 8th, 2018 at 10:06pm

You identify yourself as Irish-Australian.  They identify themselves as Indigenous-Australian.  Same schtick, same gig.

Whether they carry that further is up to them but for many generations, Indigenousness was hidden, shamefully.  Why? 'cause Whites punished people for it.  They took away their Children.  They destroyed their families.   Was that fair?  Well, what do you think?  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

If there are no races, why are you, YOU, using racial categorisation, idiot?  And if 'white', 'Irish', Australian, indigenous are not racial categorisations - even though you, YOU, use them as such - what categorisations are they?  But of course you do not believe a word you are saying. Nobody does so why should you?

You are really gweggy, the thick WA McTurd, Bwian. Your stupidity is blatant and insolent.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #383 - Mar 8th, 2018 at 10:06pm

Gnads wrote on Mar 8th, 2018 at 9:46pm:

Continual perpetuation of a misguided victim mentality.

They weren't Robinson Crusoes.

You denying that they were punished for their "race", Gnads?  Really?  Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Denialist of history.  Tsk, tsk.  Next you'll be claiming that the Holocaust never occurred.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #384 - Mar 8th, 2018 at 10:15pm

Frank wrote on Mar 8th, 2018 at 9:48pm:
Observable to whom, idiot? People fear young Africans because young Africans commit more crimes. Nobody fears old Scandinavian ladies because they are harmless.

Really?  Why?  No African I have ever met has threatened me.  No African I have met has ever broken a major law that I am aware of.  Appears to me that your fear of Africans is based upon media beatups, Soren.   Do you treat Africans or are you so afraid of them that you would never be alone with one?  I suspect not.  You hate Africans.  Racist.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Quote:
You are an idiot, peddling crap even you do not believe. You wouldn't be concerned if a group of Swedish or Polish nuns were coming your way on a Saturday night in a dark alley but you would be shiftily looking for an escape route if a group of young African or Arab boys were coming at you at the same spot. We make assessments of people on the basis of their socio-cultural, racial, behavioural characteristics.

Nope.  No worries for me, Soren.  I know Origami and other Japanese words.   Grin

Quote:
A bunch of drunken Abo youths in a dark alley is not the same as a bunch of drunken Scottish grandmothers leaving the RSL at the same spot.

You've never visited Glasgow, have you, Soren?  Been down the Gorbals?   Roll Eyes

[ad hominem insults deleted as being of absolutely no value to anybody]

It is such a shame that you deny science, Soren.   A man who is (supposedly) well educated, who is (supposedly) intelligent and you deny science.  To you, a social construct - "race" is more important than the science of Genetics.   Oh, dear.   Oh, well, off back to the little kiddies' playground with you.  I hear your kindergarten teacher calling you.  Must be your naptime.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #385 - Mar 8th, 2018 at 10:19pm

Frank wrote on Mar 8th, 2018 at 10:06pm:

If there are no races, why are you, YOU, using racial categorisation, idiot?  And if 'white', 'Irish', Australian, indigenous are not racial categorisations - even though you, YOU, use them as such - what categorisations are they?  But of course you do not believe a word you are saying. Nobody does so why should you?

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  I believe every word I type, Soren.   My words are based on science, yours are based on a social construct - "race".    You appear unwilling to accept the real science of Genetics for some reason.   Tsk, tsk.   Oh, and the reason why I use "racial categorisations" is because of their general use in today's society.  I would be glad to see the end of them.  Take the matter up with your fellow racists, Soren.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Quote:
You are really gweggy, the thick WA McTurd, Bwian. Your stupidity is blatant and insolent.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #386 - Mar 8th, 2018 at 10:22pm

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 8th, 2018 at 10:01pm:

Interesting and something which isn't supported by the science.  I would suggest that initially there were several migrations out of Africa - the Denisovans, then the Neanderthals, followed by Homo Sapiens.   The first first weren't as successful as the last.  However, they were sufficient related that we managed to interbreed with them.  Rather like Lions and Tigers - they can interbreed but only with difficulties to create hybrids - Ligers and Tigons.   While we share a limited amount of DNA with them, it is strictly that - a limited amount.   Until we have firmer evidence, I cannot really comment either way.

As to Neanderthals and spears.   I've never seen that mentioned in any literature that I've read.  Where did you get that from?

As for the various "races" - we share the same Genes.  We can easily interbreed.   We are not dogs/horses/cats/etc.   We are all humans.   "Race" is a social construct, created by 19th century Anthrologists to justify the European imperialism - the domination of 'lesser races" by the supposedly superior "White race".  Genetically we are share the same genetic pool.  QED.

Alice Roberts, doctor and anthropologist.

Here's something...
Quote:
Human aerial bombardments might have pushed Neanderthals to extinction, suggests new research. Changes in bone shape left by a life of overhand throwing hint that Stone Age humans regularly threw heavy objects, such as stones or spears, while Neanderthals did not.
https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn16091-were-neanderthals-stoned-to-death-b...

Quote:
This finding by a team of anthropologists provides an important insight into a defining moment in our ancestors’ development, when early humans evolved from hunters who killed at close-quarters to sophisticated killers capable of bringing down large beasts from a distance.
https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn3085-neanderthals-strong-arm-tactics-reve...

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #387 - Mar 8th, 2018 at 10:25pm

Setanta wrote on Mar 8th, 2018 at 10:22pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Mar 8th, 2018 at 10:01pm:

Alice Roberts, doctor and anthropologist.

Here's something...
Quote:
Human aerial bombardments might have pushed Neanderthals to extinction, suggests new research. Changes in bone shape left by a life of overhand throwing hint that Stone Age humans regularly threw heavy objects, such as stones or spears, while Neanderthals did not.
https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn16091-were-neanderthals-stoned-to-death-b...

Quote:
This finding by a team of anthropologists provides an important insight into a defining moment in our ancestors’ development, when early humans evolved from hunters who killed at close-quarters to sophisticated killers capable of bringing down large beasts from a distance.
https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn3085-neanderthals-strong-arm-tactics-reve...

We are no different to dogs in the diversity of our DNA and the traits that can arise or be brought out from it. Different human groups can be likened to different breeds, it's just you don't like that analogy.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #388 - Mar 8th, 2018 at 10:40pm

Setanta wrote on Mar 8th, 2018 at 10:25pm:
We are no different to dogs in the diversity of our DNA and the traits that can arise or be brought out from it. Different human groups can be likened to different breeds, it's just you don't like that analogy.

I don't like that analogy because of the overtones of Eugenics in it.  Eugenics was what was replaced by Genetics.   Eugenics were used to create big, black, African-Americans (through the forced breeding of Slaves).  Eugenics were used to justify the Holocaust by the Nazis.  It was also used in South Africa and Australia to justify the treatment of the Indigenous peoples.  As far as I am concerned, Eugenics is dead.   Genetics has replaced it.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #389 - Mar 8th, 2018 at 10:48pm

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 8th, 2018 at 10:40pm:
Setanta wrote on Mar 8th, 2018 at 10:25pm:

I don't like that analogy because of the overtones of Eugenics in it.  Eugenics was what was replaced by Genetics.   Eugenics were used to create big, black, African-Americans (through the forced breeding of Slaves).  Eugenics were used to justify the Holocaust by the Nazis.  It was also used in South Africa and Australia to justify the treatment of the Indigenous peoples.  As far as I am concerned, Eugenics is dead.   Genetics has replaced it.   Roll Eyes

It's not a good enough reason though, is it? You are using your aversion to something, your emotions, to negate the idea there may well be and probably is differences as that's how DNA and pressures, artificial or natural, bring out.

There are life expectancy differences in different groups of humans. How do you account for this? Is it all diet or does DNA play a role like it does in dogs? A Bullterrier will be lucky to make it to 12, a Lab might make it to 18.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29
Send Topic Print