Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
The Disability Support Pension (Read 3025 times)
BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Re: The Disability Support Pension
Reply #30 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 2:13pm

whiteknight wrote on Feb 25th, 2018 at 9:19am:
Many people denied DSP would be forced to accept Newstart. They often have a poor chance of getting paid work and have to cover the cost of basic essentials including food, housing, transport and medical costs on just $274 per week (not including rent assistance), which is $174 per week lower than the DSP and more than $100 per week below the poverty line.   Sad

Many people are on DSP merely for being fat, lazy and stupid, all of which are not disabilities.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #31 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 2:13pm

He should just call himself a muzzo and he will get the disability pension with no problems.

After all.
Don't all muzzos live on the disability pension????

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 3:34pm

Many people denied DSP would be forced to accept Newstart. They often have a poor chance of getting paid work and have to cover the cost of basic essentials including food, housing, transport and medical costs on just $274 per week (not including rent assistance), which is $174 per week lower than the DSP and more than $100 per week below the poverty line.   Sad

Those who cannot qualify for a disability pension aren't forced to accept the dole they can get a job.

Losing a leg doesn't stop you from working I have a friend who cannot walk she is a paraplegic and she works full time.

Those on the DSP are judged to never be able to work again so stop comparing what they get to the dole which is for people who can work again.

The minimum wage is over $18 per hour if you want more money than the dole get a job.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

whiteknight
Gold Member

Australian Politics

melbourne
Reply #33 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 4:01pm

Maybe there are some people that should be on the disability pension, but cant get on it.  It doesn't seem to be a very fair system,when so many people are knocked back.  So one cant get the DSP unless they get the 20 points.  How many points does one get, if they lose their head?.   Sad    

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 4:48pm

Gordon wrote on Feb 25th, 2018 at 1:31pm:
cods wrote on Feb 25th, 2018 at 12:35pm:
Gordon wrote on Feb 25th, 2018 at 10:32am:
Lets get this in perspective.
He is being supported by the taxpayer, as he should be.

Long term this decision is best for him as long term the best thing for him is to focus on rehab and returning to work full time.

Him being put for life on a DSP is bad for him, and for taxpayers.

He's a young fit guy, he'll be right. Even he says he won't let it effect his life.

"I'm not going to let this tragic incident change my life to the effect I don't want to get back into the ocean," he said

he is only asking for help in the short term ..

he cant do his original trade he has to start again...

he needs help NOW... and hes not asking for it for life.

He's getting help NOW.  Smiley He's getting the dole.

Isn't it hard to get someone off DSP once their on?

of course it isnt....if he arrived here on a boat  he would have no problems...it makes me sick....he has probably paid his dues in income tax....... he does have one leg  he does have to recover  and from what I read he is doing his best .. but in the mean time  he needs HELP...

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 4:52pm

whiteknight wrote on Feb 25th, 2018 at 4:01pm:
Maybe there are some people that should be on the disability pension, but cant get on it.  It doesn't seem to be a very fair system,when so many people are knocked back.  So one cant get the DSP unless they get the 20 points.  How many points does one get, if they lose their head?.   Sad    

what about compassionate circumstances....no one has a clue about emotional trauma and what effects it has on individuals.....losing a leg to a shark   would have to be the ultimate nightmare...

maybe he needs to claim he has aboriginal blood.. problem solved.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #36 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 4:55pm

cods wrote on Feb 25th, 2018 at 4:48pm:

Long term this decision is best for him as long term the best thing for him is to focus on rehab and returning to work full time.

He's a young fit guy, he'll be right. Even he says he won't let it effect his life.

"I'm not going to let this tragic incident change my life to the effect I don't want to get back into the ocean," he said

of course it isnt....if he arrived here on a boat  he would have no problems...it makes me sick....he has probably paid his dues in income tax....... he does have one leg  he does have to recover  and from what I read he is doing his best .. but in the mean time  he needs HELP...

But Cods, he's being helped with new start and a sick dispensation so he doesn't have to hope around looking for work

IBI

IP Logged

whiteknight
Gold Member

Australian Politics

melbourne
Reply #37 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 5:02pm

Cassandra Goldie, CEO of ACOSS says people are forced onto Newstart despite being known as disadvantaged in the jobseeker market.   

“Almost one third of people on Newstart Allowance have a partial capacity to work,” says Dr Goldie.

“A partial capacity means a person, because of illness or disability, is defined by Centrelink as only able to work between 0 and 30 hours per week. Yet they are forced onto Newstart Allowance, a lower rate of payment than DSP, and must compete with other jobseekers who have full capacity to work.   Sad

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #38 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 11:33pm

Reviewed every two years..... not hard at all... but the theory is that if they have a little more during those two years, it may help in rehabilitation etc.  Lips Sealed

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #39 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 11:59pm

whiteknight wrote on Feb 25th, 2018 at 5:02pm:
Cassandra Goldie, CEO of ACOSS says people are forced onto Newstart despite being known as disadvantaged in the jobseeker market.   

“Almost one third of people on Newstart Allowance have a partial capacity to work,” says Dr Goldie.

“A partial capacity means a person, because of illness or disability, is defined by Centrelink as only able to work between 0 and 30 hours per week. Yet they are forced onto Newstart Allowance, a lower rate of payment than DSP, and must compete with other jobseekers who have full capacity to work.   Sad

It can be a little worse than that, I am supposed to support my disabled wife in a govt initiated and mandated dual income society. I either piss her off or we become impoverished on one income. What should I choose? The money or the box?

IP Logged

tickleandrose
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 2:03pm

I think you can only really get the DSP AFTER you are on medical certificate for >2 years usually.  So if his leg just got bitten off, then he wont be eligible.   He may have to wait.  To survive these types of attacks, the survivors usually also suffers from PTSD, and chronic pains.  The PTSD may not show up initially, but slowly bit by bit, it would creep back into his mind.   It always does. 

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #41 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 3:16pm

BigOl64 wrote on Feb 25th, 2018 at 2:13pm:

Many people are on DSP merely for being fat, lazy and stupid, all of which are not disabilities.

Really? I dare you to apply for it. Let me know how you go.

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #42 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 3:18pm

Gordon wrote on Feb 25th, 2018 at 4:55pm:

But Cods, he's being helped with new start and a sick dispensation so he doesn't have to hope around looking for work

From what I can see that isnt enough to pay rent.

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 4:19pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Feb 26th, 2018 at 3:18pm:
Gordon wrote on Feb 25th, 2018 at 4:55pm:

From what I can see that isnt enough to pay rent.

Spot

What makes you think he is paying rent when linked articles mentioned he was going to modify his home?

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #44 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 4:38pm

Why, when i am not logged in, i can see a reply to my post by baron? When I log in it isnt here. Log out again and there it is. Whats going on?

Baron - im just saying that if its not enough to pay rent then its not enough to live on much less pay medical expenses.

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print