Send Topic Print
Air Tasker (Read 1323 times)
RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Air Tasker
Feb 24th, 2018 at 8:02am

I have been playing with this app and technically it looks very impressive, very user friendly and pretty slick.

I have always found often tradies are job snobs they like a certain threshold amount before they will be either price competitive or even interested in the job.

As with Uber and AirBnB the government is not ready as what Air Tasker will do is definitely fill the tradie job snob gap and reshape where jobs will appear .... I don't think many tradies will be ready for it either. There are a lot of competent DIY people out there and many duds for AirTasker has a rating/review system ...... it actually provides accurate independent info which is very hard to get with otherwise about a tradie.

Has any use AirTasker yet ?
It would be a good way for a motivated unemployed person to get cash in the hand work or a cheap price for a job.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Re: Air Tasker
Reply #1 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 9:36am

WTF does this have to do with Federal Politics mate???

Huh Huh Huh

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #2 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 9:51am

philperth2010 wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 9:36am:

Huh Huh Huh

Grin

IP Logged

RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #3 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 9:51am

philperth2010 wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 9:36am:

Huh Huh Huh

Sorry My mistake

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #4 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 6:08pm

Sounds good - like an uber version of plumbing.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #5 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 9:34pm

RightSaidFred wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 8:02am:
I have been playing with this app and technically it looks very impressive, very user friendly and pretty slick.

I have always found often tradies are job snobs they like a certain threshold amount before they will be either price competitive or even interested in the job.

As with Uber and AirBnB the government is not ready as what Air Tasker will do is definitely fill the tradie job snob gap and reshape where jobs will appear .... I don't think many tradies will be ready for it either. There are a lot of competent DIY people out there and many duds for AirTasker has a rating/review system ...... it actually provides accurate independent info which is very hard to get with otherwise about a tradie.

It would be a good way for a motivated unemployed person to get cash in the hand work or a cheap price for a job.

That would be illegal. Insurance, tax, reporting to SS, etc.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #6 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 9:41pm

Setanta wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 9:34pm:

Well it's up to the person to declare their income

IBI

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #7 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 9:51pm

Gordon wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 9:41pm:

What if for example you got an unlicensed plumber with no insurance and he flooded your house or a tree lopper that dropped a branch through your roof, an electrician that set fire to your house. How would they pay tax?

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #8 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 9:54pm

Setanta wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 9:51pm:

What if for example you got an unlicensed plumber with no insurance and he flooded your house or a tree lopper that dropped a branch through your roof, an electrician that set fire to your house. How would they pay tax?

It's just a new way to contact tradies,  just like thru Gumtree,  local paper etc.

IBI

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #9 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 9:56pm

Gordon wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 9:54pm:

It's just a new way to contact tradies,  just like thru Gumtree,  local paper etc.

Please refer to what I highlighted in RSF's post. That is what I'm talking about.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #10 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 10:00pm

Setanta wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 9:56pm:

Please refer to what I highlighted in RSF's post. That is what I'm talking about.

I assumed that would be to get an unskilled job done like a bit of laboring.

IBI

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #11 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 10:02pm

If they drop a tree through your roof, whether they pay tax on it will be the least of your concerns.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #12 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 10:04pm

Gordon wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 10:00pm:

Considering he was talking about tradies I took it as unemployed people doing tradie's work. If you are a licensed plumber I doubt you would be unemployed unless you wanted to be.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #13 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 10:10pm

Setanta wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 10:04pm:
Gordon wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 10:00pm:

Considering he was talking about tradies I took it as unemployed people doing tradie's work. If you are a licensed plumber I doubt you would be unemployed unless you wanted to be.

I interpreted it different.  The first part about tradies was discussing a good way to get quotes and the bit you highlighted was about general unskilled labor for different stiff.

I only use tradies by recommendation so I wouldn't use it  Smiley

IBI

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 11:31pm

What if you got a Leb?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #15 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 11:32pm

freediver wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 10:02pm:
If they drop a tree through your roof, whether they pay tax on it will be the least of your concerns.

Exactly. Think of the potential for terrorism.

IP Logged

RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #16 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 4:52pm

Actually its not what is illegal is not reporting it as income
For a small job its a small risk re insurance but you might want to check the details of your home insurance re the Air Tasker getting injured.

IP Logged

RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #17 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 4:55pm

You pretend the person never did the work and claim it on your house insurance !

With the tree cutting down Yes you should go with an insured person, but there are plenty of uninsured ones out there and people use them.

IP Logged

RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #18 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 4:57pm

Absolutely also the customer can set the price if a tradie is desperate they will drop their pants on price!

IP Logged

RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #19 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 4:58pm

freediver wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 10:02pm:

That I would get a licensed guy as the risk is too high unless the tree is a long way from the house !

IP Logged

RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #20 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 5:02pm

Setanta

That is possible but the majority of the jobs are manual labour or very low risk tasks.

There are plenty of DIY people out there the guy that mows my lawn is a cop.

I said it as an example but maybe the person chooses to be unemployed who knows. There are many unemployed who are capable !

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 5:06pm

What a load of shyte.

What's wrong with tradies wanting to dot the I's & cross the T's to make sure they aren't going to be ripped off?

Tradie snobs????  Grin

It's usually the punter snobs that rip them off.

Tradies have been dudded for over 50 years by people & companies that don't pay ..... sending many to the wall.

Don't crap on about tradie snobs just because they've been successful & can now pick & choose.

There's always a punter/customer that wants something for nothing.

They deserve the dodgy tradies.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #22 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 5:07pm

Gordon

I only use tradies by recommendation so I wouldn't use it  Smiley

Same here but many might see low skilled like painting or no skill jobs like removals, labouring etc ..... this will happen for sure. The grey area will be jobs where you should use a licensed tradie but you don't ..... nothing to do with Air Tasker  ..... that has been happening for ages.... last year a guy did a DIY central AC and burnt his house down.

This is where the $hit will hit the fan at some point but of your a self employed tradie you need to get onto Air Tasker

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 5:08pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 11:31pm:

What if you got a Leb?

What if they got you?  Shocked       Grin

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #24 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 5:14pm

Gnads

What a load of shyte.

Ok Why becuase you don't like it ? You a Job Snobbing Tradie ?

What's wrong with tradies wanting to dot the I's & cross the T's to make sure they aren't going to be ripped off?

Nothing that is shyte from your head not me

Tradie snobs????  Grin

No I said Job Snobs they prefer jobs above a certain value or size !

No that is the exception most of the time the customer is happy tradie is happy Smiley

Tradies have been dudded for over 50 years by people & companies that don't pay ..... sending many to the wall.

Why the last 50 years ? That is complete BS give us a link of endemic events of tradies been ripped of by big companies ?

Don't crap on about tradie snobs just because they've been successful & can now pick & choose.

With Air Tasker customers can see if a tradie is dodgy or not
If they are successful their reviews will show it.
I call them job snobs as they are dodging paying jobs !

Correct which may mean they will risk unlicensed tradies .... I prefer not too but its a free world.

There is not an under supply of dodgy tradies FYI Air Tasker has a rating review system so you can filter out the dodgy ones.

A lot of rant but no substance there, rating 0 Smiley

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 5:37pm

RightSaidFred wrote on Feb 25th, 2018 at 5:14pm:
Gnads

What a load of shyte.

Ok Why becuase you don't like it ?
You a Job Snobbing Tradie ?

No ...but you're a looking for something for nothing snob customer?

Tradie snobs????  Grin

SO?

No that is the exception most of the time the customer is happy tradie is happy Smiley

Why the last 50 years ? That is complete BS give us a link of endemic events of tradies been ripped of by big companies ?
You must live in fairy land. What protections do they have as sub-contractors?

Your idea of a paying job .. obviously not theirs.

Correct which may mean they will risk unlicensed tradies .... I prefer not too but its a free world.

There is not an under supply of dodgy tradies FYI Air Tasker has a rating review system so you can filter out the dodgy ones.

I don't give a toss about your "wank" rating.

You're a cheap charlie trying to screw someone into a job & with no cream for them.
Roll Eyes

IP Logged

RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #26 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 6:53am

Gnads wrote on Feb 25th, 2018 at 5:37pm:
RightSaidFred wrote on Feb 25th, 2018 at 5:14pm:
Gnads

What a load of shyte.

Ok Why becuase you don't like it ?
You a Job Snobbing Tradie ?

No ...but you're a looking for something for nothing snob customer?

Tradie snobs????  Grin

SO?

You must live in fairy land. What protections do they have as sub-contractors?

Your idea of a paying job .. obviously not theirs.

I don't give a toss about your "wank" rating.

You're a cheap charlie trying to screw someone into a job & with no cream for them.
Roll Eyes

Rant defence counter rating 0

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 9:31am

Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print