Send Topic Print
Air Tasker (Read 1333 times)
RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Air Tasker
Feb 24th, 2018 at 8:02am

I have been playing with this app and technically it looks very impressive, very user friendly and pretty slick.

I have always found often tradies are job snobs they like a certain threshold amount before they will be either price competitive or even interested in the job.

As with Uber and AirBnB the government is not ready as what Air Tasker will do is definitely fill the tradie job snob gap and reshape where jobs will appear .... I don't think many tradies will be ready for it either. There are a lot of competent DIY people out there and many duds for AirTasker has a rating/review system ...... it actually provides accurate independent info which is very hard to get with otherwise about a tradie.

Has any use AirTasker yet ?
It would be a good way for a motivated unemployed person to get cash in the hand work or a cheap price for a job.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Re: Air Tasker
Reply #1 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 9:36am

WTF does this have to do with Federal Politics mate???

Huh Huh Huh

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #2 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 9:51am

philperth2010 wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 9:36am:

Huh Huh Huh

Grin

IP Logged

RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #3 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 9:51am

philperth2010 wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 9:36am:

Huh Huh Huh

Sorry My mistake

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #4 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 6:08pm

Sounds good - like an uber version of plumbing.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #5 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 9:34pm

RightSaidFred wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 8:02am:
I have been playing with this app and technically it looks very impressive, very user friendly and pretty slick.

I have always found often tradies are job snobs they like a certain threshold amount before they will be either price competitive or even interested in the job.

As with Uber and AirBnB the government is not ready as what Air Tasker will do is definitely fill the tradie job snob gap and reshape where jobs will appear .... I don't think many tradies will be ready for it either. There are a lot of competent DIY people out there and many duds for AirTasker has a rating/review system ...... it actually provides accurate independent info which is very hard to get with otherwise about a tradie.

It would be a good way for a motivated unemployed person to get cash in the hand work or a cheap price for a job.

That would be illegal. Insurance, tax, reporting to SS, etc.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #6 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 9:41pm

Setanta wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 9:34pm:

Well it's up to the person to declare their income

IBI

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #7 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 9:51pm

Gordon wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 9:41pm:

What if for example you got an unlicensed plumber with no insurance and he flooded your house or a tree lopper that dropped a branch through your roof, an electrician that set fire to your house. How would they pay tax?

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #8 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 9:54pm

Setanta wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 9:51pm:

What if for example you got an unlicensed plumber with no insurance and he flooded your house or a tree lopper that dropped a branch through your roof, an electrician that set fire to your house. How would they pay tax?

It's just a new way to contact tradies,  just like thru Gumtree,  local paper etc.

IBI

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #9 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 9:56pm

Gordon wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 9:54pm:

It's just a new way to contact tradies,  just like thru Gumtree,  local paper etc.

Please refer to what I highlighted in RSF's post. That is what I'm talking about.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #10 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 10:00pm

Setanta wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 9:56pm:

Please refer to what I highlighted in RSF's post. That is what I'm talking about.

I assumed that would be to get an unskilled job done like a bit of laboring.

IBI

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #11 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 10:02pm

If they drop a tree through your roof, whether they pay tax on it will be the least of your concerns.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #12 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 10:04pm

Gordon wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 10:00pm:

Considering he was talking about tradies I took it as unemployed people doing tradie's work. If you are a licensed plumber I doubt you would be unemployed unless you wanted to be.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #13 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 10:10pm

Setanta wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 10:04pm:
Gordon wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 10:00pm:

Considering he was talking about tradies I took it as unemployed people doing tradie's work. If you are a licensed plumber I doubt you would be unemployed unless you wanted to be.

I interpreted it different.  The first part about tradies was discussing a good way to get quotes and the bit you highlighted was about general unskilled labor for different stiff.

I only use tradies by recommendation so I wouldn't use it  Smiley

IBI

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 11:31pm

What if you got a Leb?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print