Send Topic Print
AirBNB (Read 162 times)
RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
AirBNB
Feb 24th, 2018 at 7:52am

I am up in QLD on holidays and I took the opportunity to look at some real estate investment opportunities and one common theme I am picking up from the Real Estate agents is the Boom in AirBnB.

In the media it appears that its impacting the rental market which seems to suggest there is an over supply in rentals and under supply in holiday accommodation but many business travellers use AirBNB .... I do regular business trips and yes there is a market gap for cheap short term rentals like 1-2 months .... my company usually covers this so it does not bother me too much, WRT AirBnB like Uber its directly targeting holiday let management industry with people can self manage their lets.

Also there are a new bread of Holiday Let management which just use AirBnB and hit you with a 30% slug !

Much like Uber did AirBnB is reshaping both the Holiday industry and impacting the rental market. 

Would hate to be a person entering the rental market in any major city or holiday region ..... yet again (as with Uber) governments are not prepared for this.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print