Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Rev Billy Graham 1918-2018 (Read 940 times)
longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rev Billy Graham 1918-2018
Feb 22nd, 2018 at 5:25pm

In the midst of the clamour; amid the noise that refuses to abate; while loud voices scream to be heard, there has been a voice in America and indeed, the world that has been consistently heard above it all: the voice of the late Rev Billy Graham, who died today aged 99. But the truth and the power of that voice was that he was not merely speaking his own words. He was not pushing his own policies or agenda. He was not seeking fame, fortune, power or glory. He was simply and powerfully expressing the hope of all mankind – the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

A man who consorted with Presidents, who was a personal confidant of the Queen, was also the friend of the poor, the disenfranchised and a champion of their rights. But at all times, he was a servant of the Most High God and no one who heard him speak was ever in any doubt of that fact.

Who else could run Christian revival meetings in Soviet Russia? Only Billy Graham. Who could preach to a crowd of 130,000 in New York? Who could preach in Harlem and give the city its one and only night free from crime, not because criminals were at the meetings, but because Billy brought the presence of God into the place.

Evangelists of all colours and creeds have come and gone. Many have fallen spectacularly, but the world’s best known and most-effective evangelist remained scandal free.

Billy once said that the only words he ever really wished to hear was from the Father Himself, saying, “Well done, good and faithful servant”.

Today, in Heaven, Billy Graham heard those words.

We are today, better off for his ministry and bereft by his passing.

reprinted with permission

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: Rev Billy Graham 1918-2018
Reply #1 - Feb 22nd, 2018 at 5:33pm

Longy,
it's a pity you don't follow in the foot steps of Jesus
as prescribed by Billy Graham.

Matthew 16:23-25          KJV

23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me,
Satan: thou art an offence unto me:
for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself,
and take up his cross, and follow me.

25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it:
and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #2 - Feb 22nd, 2018 at 5:55pm

God bless you Reverend Billy...You will sit at the right hand of God

He will likely say, "this is my son with whom I am well pleased..just as he did with Jesus

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Feb 22nd, 2018 at 9:43pm

Bobby. wrote on Feb 22nd, 2018 at 5:33pm:
Longy,
it's a pity you don't follow in the foot steps of Jesus
as prescribed by Billy Graham.

Matthew 16:23-25          KJV

23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me,
Satan: thou art an offence unto me:
for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself,
and take up his cross, and follow me.

25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it:
and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

Well at least you missed the point of the OP.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #4 - Feb 22nd, 2018 at 9:57pm

Just another evangelical scam artist, they're a dime a dozen here and in the states, praying on gullible weak minded fools.

Now they he is gone, some other scam artists will take over the money making venture, but it is for god of course so that is okay.

images_002.png (12 KB | 8 )
images_002.png

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Feb 22nd, 2018 at 10:51pm

If I believed in Hell I'd hope Graham is burning next to Jerry Falwell.

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #6 - Feb 22nd, 2018 at 11:23pm

longweekend58 wrote on Feb 22nd, 2018 at 5:25pm:
In the midst of the clamour; amid the noise that refuses to abate; while loud voices scream to be heard, there has been a voice in America and indeed, the world that has been consistently heard above it all: the voice of the late Rev Billy Graham, who died today aged 99. But the truth and the power of that voice was that he was not merely speaking his own words. He was not pushing his own policies or agenda. He was not seeking fame, fortune, power or glory. He was simply and powerfully expressing the hope of all mankind – the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

A man who consorted with Presidents, who was a personal confidant of the Queen, was also the friend of the poor, the disenfranchised and a champion of their rights. But at all times, he was a servant of the Most High God and no one who heard him speak was ever in any doubt of that fact.

Who else could run Christian revival meetings in Soviet Russia? Only Billy Graham. Who could preach to a crowd of 130,000 in New York? Who could preach in Harlem and give the city its one and only night free from crime, not because criminals were at the meetings, but because Billy brought the presence of God into the place.

Evangelists of all colours and creeds have come and gone. Many have fallen spectacularly, but the world’s best known and most-effective evangelist remained scandal free.

Billy once said that the only words he ever really wished to hear was from the Father Himself, saying, “Well done, good and faithful servant”.

Bravo

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #7 - Feb 22nd, 2018 at 11:31pm

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #8 - Feb 22nd, 2018 at 11:33pm

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #9 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 12:20am

Graham withdrew his support of MLK and the Civil Rights Movement because it threatened to alter the power structure. That is what Graham was about - upholding what he saw to be the ruling class. He wasn't like Jesus at all ...

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #10 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 12:45am

Billy Graham was more about making money, theatrics, and self-aggrandizement than religion.

In the USA religion is a business with huge amounts of money to be made from suckers.

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/money-and-power/a18565083/billy-graham...

Quote:
... Given today's world of televangelism, Graham had some mighty competition. Celebritynetworth.com reports the preacher was worth approximately $25 million. That's quite a large figure, to be sure, but it's only enough for Graham to place sixth on a list of America's richest pastors compiled by beliefnet.com.

Ahead of Graham are: Creflo Dollar ($27 million), Joel Osteen ($40 million), Benny Hinn ($42 million), Pat Robertson ($100 million), and Kenneth Copeland ($760 million), who operates on a 1,500-acre campus near Fort Worth that reportedly includes a private airstrip for Kenneth Copeland Ministries' Gulfstream V jet...

http://www.newsweek.com/billy-graham-net-worth-814750

Quote:
... While Graham's income hasn't received widespread media scrutiny, there has been recent attention on his son's $880,000 pay, split between two nonprofit agencies. Franklin Graham pocketed a $622,000 salary as head of Samaritan’s Purse, an international relief agency, along with about $258,000 for acting as CEO of the BGEA, according to a 2015 Washington Post article. The BGEA reported about $120 million in total revenue for 2016.

The 63-year-old's salary has attracted critics, such as Maria Dixon, a Southern Methodist University professor of corporate communications and public affairs.

“Basically, they are saying if Satan pays well, God should pay better,” she told the Post...

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #11 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 1:05am

red baron wrote on Feb 22nd, 2018 at 5:55pm:
God bless you Reverend Billy...You will sit at the right hand of God

He will likely say, "this is my son with whom I am well pleased..just as he did with Jesus

C'mon Red, one Karnal is enough.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #12 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 1:06am

longweekend58 wrote on Feb 22nd, 2018 at 5:25pm:

Give me your MONEY
(but I'll take your mind first)
!

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #13 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 5:47am

BigOl64 wrote on Feb 22nd, 2018 at 9:57pm:
Just another evangelical scam artist, they're a dime a dozen here and in the states, praying on gullible weak minded fools.

Now they he is gone, some other scam artists will take over the money making venture, but it is for god of course so that is okay.

Reminds me of Benny Hinn.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 7:54am

AiA wrote on Feb 23rd, 2018 at 12:20am:
Graham withdrew his support of MLK and the Civil Rights Movement because it threatened to alter the power structure. That is what Graham was about - upholding what he saw to be the ruling class. He wasn't like Jesus at all ...

Thats not even remotely true. Back in the 40s and 50s he refused to have segregation in his meetings as was the law of the day. When MLK was arrested, it was Billy Graham who bailed him out and hey preached together.  Billy Graham was a leading supporter of civil rights.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print