Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Fear of stolen generation caused childs rape (Read 3971 times)
Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Fear of stolen generation caused childs rape
Feb 22nd, 2018 at 11:10am

The hand wringers scared of removing children from abusive situations because of the [i]stolen generation[/i (which should be called the saved generation) are directly to blame for this.

Well done, hand wringers.

More than 20 notifications were made to child services about the Tennant Creek household where a two-year-old girl was allegedly raped, but Territory Families maintains there were "no specific concerns".

Territory Families has confirmed the department received 21 notifications about the household dating back to August 2015, but only six had been substantiated.

The child's uncle, who cannot be named for legal reasons, said eight notifications had been made to child services in the two months leading up to the incident.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-22/indigenous-groups-urge-government-to-addre...

IBI

IP Logged

RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Re: Fear of stolen generation caused childs rape
Reply #1 - Feb 22nd, 2018 at 12:19pm

Territory Families Chief Executive Ken Davies said reports made about the household related to domestic violence and alcohol.

"In terms of the notifications we received, there were no specific concerns that came to Territory Families about particular harm to this child of a sexual nature," he said.

OK so these aborigines can booze up and bash each other around and its of no concern regarding their children ?

"What we did was where these issues were substantiated, we responded and we put in family support services to support the family and the mother in that household."

What not the police to investigate ?
Support the mother in getting her child raped ?
Again I keep saying there is nothing special at all about this race their cultural norms are very strange.

The NT Government has since ordered an immediate investigation into its handling of the case and a review of all cases where children had been subject to multiple notifications.

The Acting Chief Minister Nicole Manison conceded the government had "failed" the child.

OK so another case of policy on the run

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #2 - Feb 22nd, 2018 at 6:58pm

So, Gordon, if in your opinion the Stolen Generations should be more correct called the Saved Generations, are you prepared to hand your children over, to allow them to be saved from your endless rants of racism, culturalism, Xenophobia and Islamophobia?   Of course not.   I wonder why?    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Here's a challenge to all the racists.  If you truly believe the Indigenous are getting an unfair deal that favours them, are you prepared to spend your life as an indigenous person?   We'll make your skin darker and maroon you in the middle of no where.   Lets see you walk a few miles in their shoes.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #3 - Feb 22nd, 2018 at 7:01pm

Brian Ross wrote on Feb 22nd, 2018 at 6:58pm:
So, Gordon, if in your opinion the Stolen Generations should be more correct called the Saved Generations, are you prepared to hand your children over, to allow them to be saved from your endless rants of racism, culturalism, Xenophobia and Islamophobia?   Of course not.   I wonder why?    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Here's a challenge to all the racists.  If you truly believe the Indigenous are getting an unfair deal that favours them, are you prepared to spend your life as an indigenous person?   We'll make your skin darker and maroon you in the middle of no where.   Lets see you walk a few miles in their shoes.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Anyone who's a drunk/druggy who abuses their kids and lets them live in squalor should have their kids taken away from them.

IBI

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #4 - Feb 22nd, 2018 at 7:03pm

Oh and by the way Bwian, what a pity you didn't bother to read the article. Now wipe the egg off your face.

Former chairman of the Federal Government's Indigenous Advisory Council Warren Mundine said action should have been taken once the notifications to child services were received.

Next time an Aboriginal leader stands up worried about the child, worried about a stolen generation, for God's sake, think about the child," he said.

IBI

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #5 - Feb 22nd, 2018 at 7:17pm

If my children were being raped.
If my children were being abused.
If my children were left to die with a litre of pus in their leg.

I would hope and pray someone would save them......FOOL.

Aboriginal children are 10 times more likely to be abused and raped by your wonderful noble savages.

They have plenty of opportunity.
He'll I wish I had half their opportunity.

But they are simply lazy.

Wake up and smell the roses bwyannnnnn
But not near an abbos house.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 7:57am

[urlhttps://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/national/tennant-creek-alleged-rape-of-toddler-exposes-a-town-in-crisis/news-story/9c75a5fe0c5d8bfa264340e172be0e7e][/url]

TERRITORY Families has defended itself, its 17 staff in Tennant Creek and the mother of a two-year-old girl who was allegedly raped last Thursday evening, saying the 24-year-old man in custody was never normally around the child.

The man, who was badly beaten prior to his arrest last Friday, is from the remote community of Epenarra and had been in town visiting the mother’s home.

Territory Families CEO Ken Davies and deputy Jeanette Kerr said despite numerous complaints about the mother’s living circumstances, it was decided the girl and her baby brother, aged one, were best with the mother even though she was under supervision for alcohol “misuse”.

Tennant Creek has been beset by rumours in the aftermath of the child’s alleged assault, including that numerous people were in the room when the offence occurred, but it is understood the man was alone with the child when he was interrupted.

Territory Families said it had received 21 notifications about disruptive activities at the mother’s address between August 2015 and December 2017 and “all were looked at”.

Some related to an adolescent child and others to the mother’s alcohol misuse but none related to the alleged attacker, who was unknown to Territory Families.

At a meeting of elders on Thursday to address the family-violence crisis in Tennant Creek, attended by acting chief minister Nicole Manison, local woman Valda Shannon said the town’s families were involved in a conspiracy of silence.

“Families won’t talk about who are the grog runners,” she said. “They won’t say who’s doing it. They want that supply chain open. We’re going around in circles here.”

Ms Kerr said the mother had three older children and the two younger ones.

Territory Families said it had opened a six-month intensive file with the mother to deal with alcohol and give her family support.

Ms Kerr said the mother had engaged with Territory Families case workers, including undertaking a rehab program and resolution disputes. In December, it was assessed there was no risk of harm to the children.

one excuse after another.... what about whats best for this child and all the other children????>...

alcoholics should not have a say in any of this... Angry

IP Logged

goldkam

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 10:12am

I agree with that 100%

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #8 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 10:28am

goldkam wrote on Feb 23rd, 2018 at 10:12am:

I agree with that 100%

You didn't understand the article.

It wasn't suggesting Aboriginals don't suffer disadvantage. It's suggesting fear of removing children because of the hand wringing about the stolen generation led to a child not being removed form an abusive environment.

IBI

IP Logged

goldkam

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 10:28am

Gordon wrote on Feb 22nd, 2018 at 11:10am:
The hand wringers scared of removing children from abusive situations because of the [i]stolen generation[/i (which should be called the saved generation) are directly to blame for this.

Well done, hand wringers.

More than 20 notifications were made to child services about the Tennant Creek household where a two-year-old girl was allegedly raped, but Territory Families maintains there were "no specific concerns".

Territory Families has confirmed the department received 21 notifications about the household dating back to August 2015, but only six had been substantiated.

The child's uncle, who cannot be named for legal reasons, said eight notifications had been made to child services in the two months leading up to the incident.

Saved generations????

The facts pertaining to the stolen generations are as follows......facts which were happening up to the 1970's.

Between 1910-1970 1 in 10 Indigenous children were removed from their families, forcibly. The primary purpose of this was to assimilate them into the White culture, because the widely held belief was that they would end up becoming white. This alludes too and thus disproves your first notion, the "saved generations". Saved from what???

The Indigenous didn't find it necessary to then or at the present turn us "black" by forcibly removing 1 in 10 Australian Anglo Saxon Children. Who are we to define how they should live, their culture or their way of life?? To assume that every single one of those children were being abused is wrong and absurd, however no doubt their was some perceived and actual abuses as there was also in the first White Colonies and continually today. Contrary to this, they managed to live successfully for up to 80,000 years prior to European settlement with no interruptions, what made it different when the British arrived.

Please explain how this is saving children???
- Forcing individuals to learn English and forbidding them to speak their own and traditional language.
- They experienced emotional, physical and sexual abuse (in some cases they were taken by the Catholic Church (and we all know the abuses that this institution has continually exploited)
- Refused contact with families
- Lost much of their culture as they were unable to practise ceremonies, speak in their own language, pass on the Dreaming stories etc....

I advise you before stating they are the "Saved Generations" you do the following.....
1. Look up the terming of 'saved'
2. Research the facts of history
3. Involve yourself in the Aboriginal community before you make comments such as these

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #10 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 10:34am

Cool, let them wander around the bush. Problem solved.

IBI

IP Logged

miketrees
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 10:50am

3. Involve yourself in the Aboriginal community before you make comments such as these

I work in this area, Gorden is 100% correct.

There are times when the Aboriginal Community get it wrong

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #12 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 11:15am

That's what happens when you allow special interest groups to alter public perception of issues by the use of pejorative terms such as 'racism', 'whateverophobia', 'discrimination', 'genocide' and so forth...

I blame governments for their stupidity in kneeling down and exposing their rump for that kind of garbage, first and foremost...

Secondly, I blame that dopey sheila with her 'burn the nation down', and her stupid 'we do things our way' garbage.... should be on trial for hate speech... looks like 'their way' ain't the high way in any way...

The bastard should face the full wrath of Captain Cook's Law... send him down the main street of any country town with a sign around his neck saying what he did .... I'll bet he cops heaps from the Aboriginals in prison, too .... and so should those in loco parentis over a toddler... for neglect leading to abuse....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #13 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 11:20am

OK so lets go with the narrative that ALL children removed were stolen and none were removed from terribly abusive and educated etc etc. Let's go with that for a sec.

Now because of the this narrative children are being left in situations where they shouldn't because of fear removal will be labeled Stolen Generation.

IBI

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 11:20am

No thanks - I don't want the problems WITHIN those communities - the fighting, the drugs, the alcohol abuse, the violence against families, warring with Whitey, the theft and house break-ins, the vandalism..... you name it...

I wouldn't want to share my life with such a group any more than I'd want to share it  surrounded by 'houso' yobs and arseholes..... nobody in that category is worth my time or energy...

He about you go blackface and write us a book like that American journo did.....  Huh

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

goldkam

Australian Politics

Reply #15 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 12:08pm

Gordon wrote on Feb 23rd, 2018 at 10:34am:

Well if it was that simple.

There are still issues pertaining to those wanting to progress in this 'modern world'. Some want the simplicity of their traditional lives, where ceremonies, rituals, Dreaming Stories are carried out. Others want an education, insight and an occupation. However their access is limited.

To further on your point...let them wonder around the bush. At the time of the British invasion came an onslaught of new diseases which the Indigenous were not immune to. This is an ongoing problem today, even for those wanting to live their cultural lives as their exposure is high but access to medical facilities is low.

To further this the Government is putting finances into the wrong places for the Indigenous. For example they supply houses in remote communities like Yulara and Docker River. However one of the three thing occur.....1. wreck it / tear it down to use for alternative materials such as firewood etc....2. Don't look after it properly because they simply do not know how too or even have the products to do so.....3. Live within the house and conduct daily operations as per normal.

Education for those wanting one is extremely limited. The elders don't wish for their younger counterparts to receive one and thus pressure them to continue with their cultural lives. Nyangatjatjara College is an example of a College in Yulara attempting to settle this barrier and provide an education for those children that wish to have, through a small group of supportive parents.

The fact is we can 'let them wander around the bush, the problem still remains in the remote Aboriginal Communities. For example in Docker River grocery prices are extremely expensive (banana's $22/kg, bag of potatoes $32) whilst junk food and alcohol is cheaper and much more accessible. This actively contributes to the health and disease problem too.

Australian society needs too stop putting the weight of the blame on the Indigenous and start looking into the Governments role, or lack of one, in understanding where them money should be spent.

IP Logged

goldkam

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 12:18pm

Gordon wrote on Feb 23rd, 2018 at 11:20am:
OK so lets go with the narrative that ALL children removed were stolen and none were removed from terribly abusive and educated etc etc. Let's go with that for a sec.

Now because of the this narrative children are being left in situations where they shouldn't because of fear removal will be labeled Stolen Generation.

Where is this notion arising from, your perceived outlook??? Its merely a narrative, when it was happening 30 years ago???

I don't deny children are being left in these situations, however so too are White Anglo Saxon Australian children. Its not a matter of blaming the Indigenous, its a matter of blaming those who class it as the Stolen Generations and the Government.

The people use that as an excuse must remove them from those situations if it what is in the 'best interests of the child' and not eroding any cultural constructs. People will always label it the Stolen Generations for the rest of time, no matter what the nature of the removal. To further this notion it doesn't take away from the ferocity and immorality that the Stolen Generations was and the lack of respect or recognition that it receives today.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 12:56pm

goldkam wrote on Feb 23rd, 2018 at 12:08pm:
Gordon wrote on Feb 23rd, 2018 at 10:34am:

Well if it was that simple.

There are still issues pertaining to those wanting to progress in this 'modern world'. Some want the simplicity of their traditional lives, where ceremonies, rituals, Dreaming Stories are carried out. Others want an education, insight and an occupation. However their access is limited.

To further on your point...let them wonder around the bush. At the time of the British invasion came an onslaught of new diseases which the Indigenous were not immune to. This is an ongoing problem today, even for those wanting to live their cultural lives as their exposure is high but access to medical facilities is low.

To further this the Government is putting finances into the wrong places for the Indigenous. For example they supply houses in remote communities like Yulara and Docker River. However one of the three thing occur.....1. wreck it / tear it down to use for alternative materials such as firewood etc....2. Don't look after it properly because they simply do not know how too or even have the products to do so.....3. Live within the house and conduct daily operations as per normal.

Education for those wanting one is extremely limited. The elders don't wish for their younger counterparts to receive one and thus pressure them to continue with their cultural lives. Nyangatjatjara College is an example of a College in Yulara attempting to settle this barrier and provide an education for those children that wish to have, through a small group of supportive parents.

The fact is we can 'let them wander around the bush, the problem still remains in the remote Aboriginal Communities. For example in Docker River grocery prices are extremely expensive (banana's $22/kg, bag of potatoes $32) whilst junk food and alcohol is cheaper and much more accessible. This actively contributes to the health and disease problem too.

Australian society needs too stop putting the weight of the blame on the Indigenous and start looking into the Governments role, or lack of one, in understanding where them money should be spent.

You are circling reality... getting closer.... now extend your thinking....

i)  You say that many don't want to be part of Whitey's world, but we should support them nonetheless.... cake and eating all in one.....

ii)  What they do with Whitey's largesse is their own decision - yet you wish them to have no responsibility for poor outcomes, only good ones?

iii) They themselves in many cases choose to avoid Whitey's education, but complain about lack of opportunities, services and income etc?

iv)  You want them to have no responsibility for their own spending when it's poor decision making, you want them to be independent of Big Brother in Cambra - yet you want the government to control where their money is spent?

Can you not see that everything you discuss is exactly what you say you are opposing?  The White Man/Society controlling them as if they are children who need to be lead and controlled to do the right thing?  In other words - it should be, according to your way of thinking, endless giving when they want (like children) so they can do whatever they want (like children)?

White Man's Burden, innit?  You are obviously not a parent........ just saying.

― John Adams

IP Logged

goldkam

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 2:55pm

I have experienced the reality of these situations firsthand, unlike some who get fed false information from media sources and family members and suddenly believe what they are being told.

1. Firstly, you need to read what I stated. I stated 'some' not 'all'. Why should those acting in good faith be any lesser than the average Australian citizen???

2. It is their own decision, however all decisions are guided by education, morals and information. If you lack this, then decisions are misguided. When you refer to 'Whitey's generosity', you are referring to the Government which is being put in the wrong places, wasting tax payers money. I have continually stated there are ones who exploit the system, it is they who should take responsibility too.

3. Avoid education.....what when they are 500km away from the closest school. Avoid education....what when they don't understand English nor the concept of Education from a 'white' perspective. This is coming from an individual with no 'real life' experience pertaining to Aboriginals. You can write theoretically about a scientific report from research or perception but the  practical element is what gives you the factual and foundational results. Your are lacking the practical element of this discussion. Once again.....some 'half caste' families even traditional Aboriginal families are exploiting the system I note this. However so to are those on the dole in Australia, however we don't persist to put forth a blanket statement of "all those on the dole are bludgers"

4. Once again I point out, some knowingly and wrongly spend money. To make informed decisions you need to have an informed understanding of ramifications, the actual decision and concept of which you are making the decision regarding. You seem to fail to read what I state. Some want to be continue their traditional lives, whilst some want to persist with entering the modern world. No I want society and politicians to interact with the Indigenous and put the money where it needs to be put, rather than spending it on where they perceive it needs to be put.

5. Controlling is the wrong word, supporting is the word I am using. So according you putting money in areas that they require is controlling. In a sense, we are not supporting them to the extent we should be at the present. So if we apply this to 'other Australians' in housing commissions....according to you we are controlling them by providing housing??? Not endless giving, there will be a point, I hope, in society where the whole Aboriginal community can be independent and are able to live their own life. With individuals demonising supporting them, this will never be achieved. It is not a matter of controlling, it is a matter of aiding them in the burden us as individuals have placed upon many of them. The burden of disease, racism, demonisation, alienation, removal from culture etc....

I am not a parent but I too pay taxes. I too balance three jobs. I too have to pay tens of thousands of dollars for university. I too have a family. It doesn't change the facts or history. It is not a matter of being a parent.

I also may not be a parent but I have experienced it first hand, to simply report what I have discussed and seen first hand does not require me to be a parent. Nor does me having an opinion. One that  I perceive as reasonable....have anything to do with me being a parent.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #19 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 3:03pm

Link.

Quote:
Even though Aboriginal kids make up just 5.5 per cent of children aged 0-17 years in Australia, they represent 35 per cent of those placed in out-of-home care.

Indigenous children aged 1-4 were 11 times more likely to be in out-of-home care than non-indigenous children in the same age group.

There are claims that there are more Indigenous children being removed today than any other time in Australian history. It's difficult know, given many records prior to the early 90s were destroyed or kept erratically, but in 1993 there were 2,419 Indigenous kids in out-of-home care.

Overall, the rate of Indigenous and non-Indigenous children being moved into out-of-home care is increasing. Nationally, however, Indigenous kids are nine times more likely to be removed than non-Indigenous kids. In some states, it is 15 times more likely.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #20 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 3:14pm

Gordon wrote on Feb 22nd, 2018 at 7:01pm:

Anyone who's a drunk/druggy who abuses their kids and lets them live in squalor should have their kids taken away from them.

As I suspect.   Unwilling to walk even a mile in the shoes of an Indigenous person.   Tsk, tsk, a man who is unable to live up to their word.   How bloody typical, hey?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #21 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 3:17pm

Valkie wrote on Feb 22nd, 2018 at 7:17pm:

If my children were being raped.
If my children were being abused.
If my children were left to die with a litre of pus in their leg.

I would hope and pray someone would save them......FOOL.

Aboriginal children are 10 times more likely to be abused and raped by your wonderful noble savages.

They have plenty of opportunity.
He'll I wish I had half their opportunity.

But they are simply lazy.

Wake up and smell the roses bwyannnnnn
But not near an abbos house.

No ifs.  No buts.   Just you'd have the Welfare people turn up at your child's school and they'd be whisked away, never to be seen again, just as occurred to many Indigenous children of the Stolen Generations.

Another person who cannot walk a single mile in the shoes of an indigenous person and yet you still complain they are getting a special deal from the Government all the time.   Bloody typical of racists.   To you, the colour of a person's skin is all that is important.   Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #22 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 3:22pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Feb 23rd, 2018 at 11:20am:

No thanks - I don't want the problems WITHIN those communities - the fighting, the drugs, the alcohol abuse, the violence against families, warring with Whitey, the theft and house break-ins, the vandalism..... you name it...

I wouldn't want to share my life with such a group any more than I'd want to share it  surrounded by 'houso' yobs and arseholes..... nobody in that category is worth my time or energy...

He about you go blackface and write us a book like that American journo did.....  Huh

Why should I?  I believe that the Stolen Generations were well, stolen, Graps, not saved.   They were taken from their families without their family's permission for the most part and were taken, generation after generation to suffer abuse at the hands of abusive white colonial settlers and administrators.   I am not proud of that history at all.   I am deeply ashamed of it.   So should you.   It was your society, just as much as it was my society.   You are older than most here.  You more than likely allowed it to happen, Graps.  Your voice was silent.  You thought it was "all for the best".   It wasn't.  It has created a dysfunctional society.   Well done.  Proud of your silence?   Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #23 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 5:40pm

The stolen generation is a myth.
It's all BULL shite.

The aboriginals are 10 times more likely to rape and abuse their children than White folk.

Why are you defending child abuse.

The children were never stolen.
They were removed from abusive dangerous and worthless parents.
The children removed not only survived, they actually became something in many cases.

The children should be removed, as with white PEOPLE,  if they cannot look after their kids properly or if they abuse or rape them.

Better still
If they rape children, just shoot them in the head
Black, white, yellow or green.
Paedophiles  do not deserve to live.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 5:52pm

Brian Ross wrote on Feb 23rd, 2018 at 3:22pm:

Why should I?  I believe that the Stolen Generations were well, stolen, Graps, not saved.   They were taken from their families without their family's permission for the most part and were taken, generation after generation to suffer abuse at the hands of abusive white colonial settlers and administrators.   I am not proud of that history at all.   I am deeply ashamed of it.   So should you.   It was your society, just as much as it was my society.   You are older than most here.  You more than likely allowed it to happen, Graps.  Your voice was silent.  You thought it was "all for the best".   It wasn't.  It has created a dysfunctional society.   Well done.  Proud of your silence?   Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

There ya go then - no need for anyone to go blackface etc.. though it is an interesting thought....

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 6:45pm

Wasting your time with pseudo-intellectuals Grappler.

Calfshytekam is still shyting yellow & Wossco is old enough to know better ....

but there you have them. Roll Eyes

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

goldkam

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 7:32pm

Valkie wrote on Feb 23rd, 2018 at 5:40pm:
It's all BULL shite.

The aboriginals are 10 times more likely to rape and abuse their children than White folk.

The children removed not only survived, they actually became something in many cases.

The children should be removed, as with white PEOPLE,  if they cannot look after their kids properly or if they abuse or rape them.

Better still

Where is the proof for you unsubstantial claims. So according to your theory the Indigenous I have spoken to in Yulara were misleading me and providing me with false information. The countless reports by the Australian governments were in fact not credible and actually incorrect. The countless historians who have factual evidence and proof. Many were perceived abuses, not actual abuses. The British and then the Australian Government were unsure of how to deal with such a culture, it seemed foreign and unknowing to them, which led to them wrongly dealing with them. The primary reason they removed children from their homes was to assimilate them into the White culture, as they believed the Indigenous culture was incompatible with the modern world. Thus they were under the impression it would die out. No doubt some were removed from dangerous situations, however to blanket it as they were "all" dangerous situations is wrong and not factual.

So should we not address that issue...not simply attempt to guide ourselves around it. The problematic situation Australia finds themselves is the prison population. You cannot simply continue to lock individuals up, where is the line drawn? The need to identify the source and limit the temptation etc from the beginning, before the damage is done. This notion applies to all Australians, not just Indigenous.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #27 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 8:36pm

And thanks to people like you, we aren't taking them anymore are we?

How's that working out?

IP Logged

President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 9:27pm

It's all BULL shite.

Better still

Bwian and other do-gooders are complicate in the rapes, bashings and Murders of these children...

He is Complicate to these crimes and should be jailed as an accessory to the Rapes, Bashings, Tortures and Murders of these children..

you are nothing but scum Bwian..  Angry

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #29 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 9:34pm

It's all BULL shite.

Not according to the Federal Government.  Not according to the various State Governments.   You are the one who is bullshitting, Valkie.  You're just a racist.  Soon you'll be dead and Australian society will be a better place.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #30 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 9:56pm

Brian Ross wrote on Feb 23rd, 2018 at 9:34pm:
It's all BULL shite.

Not according to the Federal Government.  Not according to the various State Governments.   You are the one who is bullshitting, Valkie.  You're just a racist.  Soon you'll be dead and Australian society will be a better place.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Is that a core government line or a non-core government line or just a position publicly stated for political purposes?

WHAT have these governments actually done to improve the lot of Kangaroo Kaffirs respective - apart from jailing them more.... I think you'll find there somewhere is the truth of this tale.....

― John Adams

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 10:20pm

It's all BULL shite.

oh dear oh dearie dearie me... tsk tsk brian   shame on you...is this what good CHristians boys say these days is it??>...

sadl y a lot of what went on all those years ago   was wrong...sadly no one will really know the whole truth.

an awful lot did suffer   but was it done to punish or abuse aboriginals   I dont know   I sure there were many bad people involved  but I am also sure many good people did their best ....and did it for the right reasons....

its history they were such different times   we never experienced those times   what would we know???>..

so many different stories all passed down....

and yes it has had an affect on the way things are done today......by the sound of this a disastrous affect... its the children that pay the price and they grow up with many many problems and follow in the footsteps of those in charge.....

this is a terrible case  and shows how it isnt working...

whopping big NO ALCOHOL SIGNS mean nothing at all...

a waste of money and a sign writers time...

I dont have the answers   one would expect the elders of these reserves would have them....   

how they get the grog  into places like Tennant Creek...

shouldnt be that hard to discover and put a stop to them

for crying outloud its 2018....a 2yr old is raped by a man   

this is as bad as Americas... school murders......

all we do it talk   we know its getting worse   but nothing changes...

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 11:15pm

You hear the endless cry of 'don't blame the Aboriginals' - do we ever hear the cry of 'don't blame the blameless whites'?

Who the hell are we to blame?  Like feminists, gays, Muslims, etc, at what point do Aboriginals start taking responsibility for themselves and their own actions and stop wanting to stomp on someone else out of some misdirected spite and resentment?

I have a basic rule in life - if I don't harm you - you don't harm me.

Is that so hard to follow?

― John Adams

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 2:12am

What a load of codswallop. Historical record supports the fact that the so called stolen generation were mixed blood children removed from the natives because the belief was the full bloods would not accept them. The intent was nothing else than benevolent. In fact in W.A. and QLD. it was actually illegal to remove full blood children from their families. The stolen generation  is a myth.

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 8:18am

HE WHO SCREAMS RACIST, IS THE RACIST.

Cut the race accusations ffs and look at the actual problem.
If the gov had taken a bunch of white kids off parents you dogooder lot would be saying what a wonderful thing for those kids to be finally removed from the horible houshold they live in. But because it's aboriginal housholds the race card comes out...YET AGAIN!!!

As for walking in their shoes.....I grew up around abos. Theyre okay when sober, after that it is all downhill but the fighting is generally "in house". They don't just go and attack randoms (in most cases I have whitnessed). They just fight their family members..untill the next day and the process starts again.
One thing I also learnt from another young abo is if you end up fighting one don't bother punching them in the head. It does nothing but hurt your hand and you will most likley come off worse. Stomachs and knees will take one down every time.

Now the rmote ones, they choose to live out there in remote locations because...they do. They are free to move to civilisation....but they don't. So that is a cop out statement to say the least, but I have walked along side them in civilisation. Stoners are the good ones....drunks are just arseholes. 

They get better oportunity....who knows. Who cares? If they are hardworking then they will get a job, same as anyone. I have worked with heaps of them in my time....good paying jobs too.

Child services lets down all children...not just abos.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #35 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 2:54pm

It's all BULL shite.

Sad troll you are
No stolen generation have been proven.
The liars that were touted as stolen generation were found to be frauds.

Just like the secret women's business that was also proven to be nothing more than a scam.

Stop lying and defending child murderers.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 3:08pm

Valkie wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 2:54pm:
It's all BULL shite.

Sad troll you are

Just like the secret women's business that was also proven to be nothing more than a scam.

Matty has no problem with the child murderers, he just wants to kill the Muslims.

Not racist, Islam is not a race.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 3:30pm

Captain Caveman wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 8:18am:

If the gov had taken a bunch of white kids off parents you dogooder lot would be saying what a wonderful thing for those kids to be finally removed from the horible houshold they live in. But because it's aboriginal housholds the race card comes out...YET AGAIN!!!

As for walking in their shoes.....I grew up around abos. Theyre okay when sober, after that it is all downhill but the fighting is generally "in house". They don't just go and attack randoms (in most cases I have whitnessed). They just fight their family members..untill the next day and the process starts again.
One thing I also learnt from another young abo is if you end up fighting one don't bother punching them in the head. It does nothing but hurt your hand and you will most likley come off worse. Stomachs and knees will take one down every time.

Now the rmote ones, they choose to live out there in remote locations because...they do. They are free to move to civilisation....but they don't. So that is a cop out statement to say the least, but I have walked along side them in civilisation. Stoners are the good ones....drunks are just arseholes. 

They get better oportunity....who knows. Who cares? If they are hardworking then they will get a job, same as anyone. I have worked with heaps of them in my time....good paying jobs too.

oh so bloody true.....you dont hear so much about that do you...certainly never heard bwain complain about what happens to white children

its not a POOR ME..LOOK AT ME..THINK ABOUT ME..

WHAT YOU DOING FOR ME.....charity

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #38 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 4:04pm

Well... elephant in the room here. If you were marooned in the middle of nowhere, of course you would not be as well off as other people. In fact, if you continued a 40,000+ year tradition of stone age cultures, of course you would not be as well off as other people.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #39 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 5:45pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Feb 23rd, 2018 at 9:56pm:
It's all BULL shite.

Is that a core government line or a non-core government line or just a position publicly stated for political purposes?

It was stated at the Human Rights Commission inquiry - "Bringing them home", Graps.

It was restated by the Federal Government via the apology.

It was restated by the state governments of South Australia and Victoria when court cases were brought against them by members of the Stolen Generations.

It is a done deal.  Time for the racists to deal with it.   The Government(s) of Australia admit that they stole Indigenous children.   Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #40 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 5:50pm

cods wrote on Feb 23rd, 2018 at 10:20pm:
It's all BULL shite.

oh dear oh dearie dearie me... tsk tsk brian   shame on you...is this what good CHristians boys say these days is it??>...

No idea and I don't care.  I am neither "good" nor am I "Christian", Cods.   You are not my mother, so bugger off.   Roll Eyes

Quote:
sadl y a lot of what went on all those years ago   was wrong...sadly no one will really know the whole truth.

Sufficient was known by the so-called "Protector of Aborigines".  It is obvious from O.E. Neville's statements he knew what was going on.   State and Federal Government ministers knew what was going on.   Police offices and welfare officers knew what was going on.   This sort of thing cannot occur in ignorance, no matter how much you wish otherwise.  All you are doing is making excuses.  You are an apologist for Genocide, Cods.  Proud are you?   You stand up there with the Nazis and the Communists.  Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #41 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 5:50pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 3:08pm:
It's all BULL shite.

Sad troll you are

Matty has no problem with the child murderers, he just wants to kill the Muslims.

Moron

I don't want to kill muzzos.

I simply want them gone, and never to pollute the human race with their sociopathic,  primitive, sick, barbaric practices.

Just send them to a muzzo run country.

In time they will all just kill each other, rape all the children and die out.

Good riddance.

As for anyone who harms children.
There is only one solution.
Remove them from the human race, with extreme extreme prejudice.

I don't care what colour they are.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #42 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 5:52pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Feb 23rd, 2018 at 11:15pm:
You hear the endless cry of 'don't blame the Aboriginals' - do we ever hear the cry of 'don't blame the blameless whites'?

Who the hell are we to blame?  Like feminists, gays, Muslims, etc, at what point do Aboriginals start taking responsibility for themselves and their own actions and stop wanting to stomp on someone else out of some misdirected spite and resentment?

What a shame more whites didn't follow that rule, Graps.  Hey?   They definitely harmed Indigenous people.  They took their children away from their families.  Tsk, tsk.   They subjected them to abuse and neglect.  Tsk, tsk.   They abused them.  Tsk, tsk.   So much for their policies of "paternalism", hey?   Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #43 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 5:54pm

Brian Ross wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 5:52pm:

What a shame more whites didn't follow that rule, Graps.  Hey?   They definitely harmed Indigenous people.  They took their children away from their families.  Tsk, tsk.   They subjected them to abuse and neglect.  Tsk, tsk.   They abused them.  Tsk, tsk.   So much for their policies of "paternalism", hey?   Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

If you were having a discussion with someone in a pub, would you wave your finger in front of their  face and say Tsk Tsk like you do here?

IBI

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #44 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 5:55pm

rhino wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 2:12am:

What a load of codswallop. Historical record supports the fact that the so called stolen generation were mixed blood children removed from the natives because the belief was the full bloods would not accept them. The intent was nothing else than benevolent. In fact in W.A. and QLD. it was actually illegal to remove full blood children from their families. The stolen generation  is a myth.

If the "intent" was "benevolent" why did so many Indigenous end up being abused?  Raped?  Swindled?  Starved?   Where was the "benevolence" in those acts?  Tsk, tsk.   The Stolen Generations were taken from their families.   An attempt at Genocide - according to the UN definition of Genocide - was undertaken and no one has been punished for it.  How bloody convenient that we have apologists standing up now, spouting bullshit about what happened.   Ask the Indigenous victims.  They know what happened.   Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #45 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 5:56pm

Valkie wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 5:50pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 3:08pm:
It's all BULL shite.

Sad troll you are

Moron

I don't want to kill muzzos.

I simply want them gone, and never to pollute the human race with their sociopathic,  primitive, sick, barbaric practices.

Just send them to a muzzo run country.

In time they will all just kill each other, rape all the children and die out.

Good riddance.

As for anyone who harms children.
There is only one solution.
Remove them from the human race, with extreme extreme prejudice.

I don't care what colour they are.

Just not the white ones, Matty. Let's start with the Muslims, okay?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #46 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 5:57pm

It's all BULL shite.

Sad troll you are

No "Stolen Generations" have been proven?

Tsk, tsk, that is not what the Supreme Courts of South Australia and Victoria say, Valkie.  Two cases have been proved.

Time to catch up with the 21st century old man.  Time to get with the Zeitgeist.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #47 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 5:59pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 4:04pm:

Well... elephant in the room here. If you were marooned in the middle of nowhere, of course you would not be as well off as other people. In fact, if you continued a 40,000+ year tradition of stone age cultures, of course you would not be as well off as other people.

Another racist refusing to walk a mile in the shoes of an indigenous person.  How bloody unsurprising.   Tsk, tsk.   Any more too afraid to walk in the shoes of those they believe are better off than they are because of the colour of their skin?   Anybody brave enough?   No, I didn't think so.   Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #48 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 6:01pm

cods wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 3:30pm:
Captain Caveman wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 8:18am:

oh so bloody true.....you dont hear so much about that do you...certainly never heard bwain complain about what happens to white children

its not a POOR ME..LOOK AT ME..THINK ABOUT ME..

WHAT YOU DOING FOR ME.....charity

Cods, are you prepared to walk a mile in the shoes of an indigenous person?  Are you prepared to have your children taken away from you, never to be seen again?   Are you prepared to see your family ripped apart by uncaring authorities who believe you aren't even a human being worth counting in the Census?  Mmmm?

Or are you just another cowardly racist?    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Dr Mengele

Australian Politics

The Fourth Reich
Reply #49 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 6:02pm

Abos wear shoes?

There you go.  Shocked

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #50 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 6:03pm

Gordon wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 5:54pm:

If you were having a discussion with someone in a pub, would you wave your finger in front of their  face and say Tsk Tsk like you do here?

Why?  Does it make you feel ashamed, Gordon?   Still not prepared to walk that mile?  Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #51 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 6:05pm

Brian Ross wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 6:03pm:

Why?  Does it make you feel ashamed, Gordon?   Still not prepared to walk that mile?  Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

Pfft. Take your fake doctorate in divinity and stick it in yer bum. No wonder you can't even get voted in as a mod.  Grin

IBI

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #52 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 6:23pm

Dr Mengele wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 6:02pm:
Abos wear shoes?

There you go.  Shocked

Do you want me to note that down for the research, Doctor?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #53 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 6:33pm

Brian Ross wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 5:57pm:
It's all BULL shite.

Sad troll you are

Tsk, tsk, that is not what the Supreme Courts of South Australia and Victoria say, Valkie.  Two cases have been proved.

Time to catch up with the 21st century old man.  Time to get with the Zeitgeist.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Only a few Boong ones, Brian. No big problem.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #54 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 6:35pm

Gordon wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 6:05pm:

Pfft. Take your fake doctorate in divinity and stick it in yer bum. No wonder you can't even get voted in as a mod.  Grin

Still not prepared to walk that mile?  Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 6:40pm

Brian Ross wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 6:35pm:

how far have you done the walk brian???.....

are you going to tell us you were stolen?

pity! no one wants pity.... and your kind it so gratuitous  ....it causes more problems  than anyone who says

pick yourself up dust history off your shoulders along with the chip..

and get on with moving forward

listening to pity people like you is what holds these people back.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #56 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 6:42pm

Gordon's a Canadian Yid, Brian. He's the victim here.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #57 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 6:56pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 6:42pm:

Ok if I'm a jew, why do my daughter and I laugh our arses off at the Orthies in their cloaks and hats walking up Old Sth head rd every Saturday morning?

IBI

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #58 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 7:08pm

cods wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 6:40pm:

how far have you done the walk brian???.....

are you going to tell us you were stolen?

pity! no one wants pity.... and your kind it so gratuitous  ....it causes more problems  than anyone who says

pick yourself up dust history off your shoulders along with the chip..

and get on with moving forward

listening to pity people like you is what holds these people back.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #59 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 7:36pm

Quote:

Time to catch up with the 21st century old man.  Time to get with the Zeitgeist.         

Two eh?
I seem to remember reading that those two were proven false.

Two.
Even if, and I'm being generous here.
Even if two were stolen, where is this generation?

I also note that you failed to admit to the secret women's business.

It's all a scam, a sham, a LIE for money.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #60 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 10:02pm

Brian Ross wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 5:59pm:

Another racist refusing to walk a mile in the shoes of an indigenous person.  How bloody unsurprising.   Tsk, tsk.   Any more too afraid to walk in the shoes of those they believe are better off than they are because of the colour of their skin?   Anybody brave enough?   No, I didn't think so.   Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

I think people have all agreed that having darker skin would be preferable if you lived "in the middle of nowhere". But, no matter your race, if you lived in an inhospitable environment, you would not be as well off as those who live in an urban environment.

I think I was making a non-racist argument, throwing the context of your hypothetical back in your face. I have lived/worked/studied around people of various races. Many of them have either had easier or more difficult upbringing. Despite that, they managed to integrate into a white majority society without complaint. Most of them even thrive.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #61 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 10:12pm

Anyway, I have lived off the grid as a child. I recall the thoughts of going without modern conveniences for that month and having to learn to fish and hunt for the meals. That was 28 years ago. And the only time I came anywhere close to that again was the week without power in 2015.

But what the hell is that to do with anything? If anything, I think you should put your racist beliefs, Brian, towards aborigines to try and walk a mile in white people's shoes. Go without using their race for excuses when they break the law. Sit on Centrelink only with the promise of mutual obligations being made. Get work in the workforce as a result of your abilities and rolling up your sleeves for work performance -- not because you can roll up your sleeves to show your race to get a job.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #62 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 11:16pm

Gordon wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 6:56pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 6:42pm:

Ok if I'm a jew, why do my daughter and I laugh our arses off at the Orthies in their cloaks and hats walking up Old Sth head rd every Saturday morning?

Because you said you're a Jew, silly.

You laugh at the Saturday Walkers because you're a non-religious Jew, you forgetful old thing.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #63 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 11:20pm

Valkie wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 7:36pm:
Quote:

Time to catch up with the 21st century old man.  Time to get with the Zeitgeist.         

Two eh?

Two.

You have nothing against the Boongs, Matty, it's all about the Muslims, remember?

Come on, gang, let's all do the right thing and blame Islam.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #64 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 11:21pm

Why do I have to keep reminding you people? Tsk tsk tsk.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #65 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 11:28pm

Fear of being labeled Boongophobes is behind it all... can't upset those special interest groups or they'll bring out the big guns...  Grin

― John Adams

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #66 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 12:02am

Valkie wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 7:36pm:
Quote:

Two eh?

Two.

Different case, Valkie.  There were two separate cases which were proven true.  Bruce Trevorrow (SA) and  Neville Austin (Victoria).

Time to catch up with the 21st century old man.  If you ever can, you racist.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #67 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 12:04am

UnSubRocky wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 10:02pm:

I think people have all agreed that having darker skin would be preferable if you lived "in the middle of nowhere". But, no matter your race, if you lived in an inhospitable environment, you would not be as well off as those who live in an urban environment.

I think I was making a non-racist argument, throwing the context of your hypothetical back in your face. I have lived/worked/studied around people of various races. Many of them have either had easier or more difficult upbringing. Despite that, they managed to integrate into a white majority society without complaint. Most of them even thrive.

Prepared to walk that mile, yet?  Or, no, you're just another racist.   Typical.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #68 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 2:19am

Brian Ross wrote on Feb 25th, 2018 at 12:04am:

Prepared to walk that mile, yet?  Or, no, you're just another racist.   Typical.    Roll Eyes

I think I have just finished telling you that I have walked that mile. Looks like "Brian Ross" is just another robot. Exterminate! Exterminate! Probably time to send him an email to see if he responds to a confirmation message.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #69 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 6:28am

Gordon wrote on Feb 22nd, 2018 at 7:01pm:

Yes they do but you would be badly mistaken to thing that this situation or reluctance to remove children was specific to Aboriginal families when it is true across the board.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #70 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 7:42am

Quote:
  Different case, Valkie.  There were two separate cases which were proven true.  Bruce Trevorrow (SA) and  Neville Austin (Victoria).

Time to catch up with the 21st century old man.  If you ever can, you racist.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes 

So

We have two who may??? be possibly, almost, perhaps taken from their parents.

What were the reasons, were they being raped, abused, sick, underfed?
What were the real reasons for removal?

I think if we looked closely you would find that they were taken or a truly altruistic reason, to protect the children.

And, as I stated earlier, 2 does not make a generation..

What about the two found to be liars?

How many others are liars..........most Ill bet.

Just a scam, just like the secret women's business,
which you seem to be conveniently forgetting to respond to.

And while we are at it.
About this sacred land bull shite.
Our abbos are the only people on the planet who consider a dump (where they have thrown refuse) as sacred land.
Is it all about money????
Perhaps because they have never made anything permanent enough to be considered histrionically important?
It seems any time they find these places is when something is going on that they see an opportunity for money.

Lazy, bludgers and parasites.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #71 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 12:02pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Feb 25th, 2018 at 2:19am:
Brian Ross wrote on Feb 25th, 2018 at 12:04am:

I think I have just finished telling you that I have walked that mile. Looks like "Brian Ross" is just another robot. Exterminate! Exterminate! Probably time to send him an email to see if he responds to a confirmation message.

You weren't blacked up.  Tsk, tsk.   What a bullshit artist.   Still not willing to walk that mile?  How typical.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #72 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 1:47pm

Brian Ross wrote on Feb 25th, 2018 at 12:02pm:
You weren't blacked up.  Tsk, tsk.   What a bullshit artist.   Still not willing to walk that mile?  How typical.    Roll Eyes

You already said you wouldn't go blackface - why should anyone else then at your demand?

You already Blackface, Bro?  Own up..... nothing to be ashamed of there.......

― John Adams

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #73 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 4:48pm

I can't believe how stupid that statement of yours seems. You want me to break the law for the sake of doing stuff I could do without blackfacing.

Brian, I have actually lived a full life, even up to the age of 38. I have lived in poverty. I have lived in relative prosperity. I have had to grow, hunt and cook my own meals. Then there are times when things were provided to me. I think I have had a rough life. Almost all of which was not my fault. So, I don't need to black face for the purpose of having experienced a life like aborigines. In fact, I would argue that aborigines are more privileged than non-aboriginal people.

Why don't you walk a mile in their shoes, Brian. You seem like a very privileged person. How about you give up any advantages that white people are alleged to have? Put your money where your mouth is.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #74 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 4:54pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Feb 25th, 2018 at 1:47pm:

You already said you wouldn't go blackface - why should anyone else then at your demand?

You already Blackface, Bro?  Own up..... nothing to be ashamed of there.......

No need for me to go blackface.  I accept that Black Fellas are worse off than White Fellas.   I accept that the Stolen Generations happened.  I am ashamed of that.  Unlike many here, Graps.  You one of those racists?  Starting to look that way.   You deny that Black Fellas are worse than White Fellas?  You deny the Stolen Generations?   Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #75 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 4:56pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Feb 25th, 2018 at 4:48pm:

I can't believe how stupid that statement of yours seems. You want me to break the law for the sake of doing stuff I could do without blackfacing.

Brian, I have actually lived a full life, even up to the age of 38. I have lived in poverty. I have lived in relative prosperity. I have had to grow, hunt and cook my own meals. Then there are times when things were provided to me. I think I have had a rough life. Almost all of which was not my fault. So, I don't need to black face for the purpose of having experienced a life like aborigines. In fact, I would argue that aborigines are more privileged than non-aboriginal people.

Why don't you walk a mile in their shoes, Brian. You seem like a very privileged person. How about you give up any advantages that white people are alleged to have? Put your money where your mouth is.

And yet you're unwilling to blacken up, to experience what it is like as an Indigenous Australian.  How typical of a racist.  You'll slam Indigenous Australians at the drop of a hat, never experiencing their lives or what they are subjected to.   Tsk, tsk.    How racist.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #76 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 5:23pm

You're a complete pill Bwian.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

goldkam

Australian Politics

Reply #77 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 5:28pm

Brian Ross wrote on Feb 25th, 2018 at 4:56pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Feb 25th, 2018 at 4:48pm:

And yet you're unwilling to blacken up, to experience what it is like as an Indigenous Australian.  How typical of a racist.  You'll slam Indigenous Australians at the drop of a hat, never experiencing their lives or what they are subjected to.   Tsk, tsk.    How racist.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Agreed.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #78 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 5:35pm

Most indigenous Australians are white anyway.

Lazy, corrupt and greedy white boongs that are too lazy to get off their collective asses and do a days work.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #79 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 5:38pm

Well, Brian (you halfwit). Give me full Centrelink payments that are not means tested or require me to undertake a mutual obligation. Give me a job for the sake of giving me a job to make my demographic look better. Overlook any minor crime I commit. And if I have to face court, make sure no conviction is recorded. Or perhaps I can get those 2% loans. Perhaps let me to racially abuse other people, and then be allowed to attack with impunity the people who object to my abuse. Allow me to be racist against other people, and act like I own the place. Give me the right to abuse police officers and tell them to take a walk.

What are you trying to do, Brian? Is this the same cucked Brian we have always known to be the ultra-liberal? You are getting really aggressive these days with your strawman arguments.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #80 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 5:46pm

Bwyannnnnnnnn  would prefer to see children abused.

Then to admit he is an idiooot

Don't worry bwyannnnnnnnn, we all know you are an idiooot.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #81 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 6:13pm

Gnads wrote on Feb 25th, 2018 at 5:23pm:
You're a complete pill Bwian.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #82 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 6:15pm

Valkie wrote on Feb 25th, 2018 at 5:35pm:

Lazy, corrupt and greedy white boongs that are too lazy to get off their collective asses and do a days work.

Except you, like most racists will never accept them as white, now will you, Valkie?  A good ol' "lick o' the tar brush" is too much for you.

You prepared to let your kids marry an Indigenous person, even if they claim to be white?

Nope.  Didn't think so.   Racist.   Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #83 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 6:17pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Feb 25th, 2018 at 5:38pm:

Well, Brian (you halfwit). Give me full Centrelink payments that are not means tested or require me to undertake a mutual obligation. Give me a job for the sake of giving me a job to make my demographic look better. Overlook any minor crime I commit. And if I have to face court, make sure no conviction is recorded. Or perhaps I can get those 2% loans. Perhaps let me to racially abuse other people, and then be allowed to attack with impunity the people who object to my abuse. Allow me to be racist against other people, and act like I own the place. Give me the right to abuse police officers and tell them to take a walk.

What are you trying to do, Brian? Is this the same cucked Brian we have always known to be the ultra-liberal? You are getting really aggressive these days with your strawman arguments.

Typical racist.  Still not willing to walk that mile, are you?  What is wrong?  Deep down, you know Indigenous Australians get treated like pooh by people like you.   Tsk, tsk.   Run along, Racist.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

goldkam

Australian Politics

Reply #84 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 6:21pm

Its not about their skin colour, it is about showing them a level of respect......not agreeance or acceptance just respect.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #85 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 6:22pm

goldkam wrote on Feb 25th, 2018 at 6:21pm:

Its not about their skin colour, it is about showing them a level of respect......not agreeance or acceptance just respect.

Treating them as their equals....   Something Valkie will never do.   Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #86 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 7:17pm

Again
Respect is earned by action and ability.

When they start contributing rather than being PARASITES.

I may begin to show them respect

Until then, dirt under my feet

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

goldkam

Australian Politics

Reply #87 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 9:01pm

Valkie wrote on Feb 25th, 2018 at 7:17pm:

Again

Blanketing a statement across a whole culture is not factual and not reasonable. Just as you don't blanket a statement that all men are perpetrators of domestic violence, just as you don't blanket a statement that all priests are child molesters, just as you don't blanket a statement that all Muslims are terrorists, just as you don't blanket a statement that all children are excellent at using technology.

So according to you Indigenous people such as Cathy Freeman, Eddie Mabo, Adam Goodes, Evonne Goolagong-Cawley, Neville Bonner and David Unaipon were all parasites to our community, to our country.

As for yourself, respect quite simply is earned and you are yet to earn it. What you state is not a matter of opinion, it is a matter of hate and a conditioning of hate towards a minority in society. I say this.....you don't need to agree nor accept what or who they are you just need to respect it. That starts with using factual information, not using demonising terms and expressing your point in a respectful manner.

IP Logged

miketrees
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #88 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 9:05pm

Blanketing a statement across a whole culture is not factual and not reasonable.

Like they love their land, they have a deep cultural attachment to land.
They have suffered from colonisation

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #89 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 12:31am

Brian Ross wrote on Feb 25th, 2018 at 6:17pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Feb 25th, 2018 at 5:38pm:

Typical racist.  Still not willing to walk that mile, are you?  What is wrong?  Deep down, you know Indigenous Australians get treated like pooh by people like you.   Tsk, tsk.   Run along, Racist.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

You do realise that there is no law against being a racist. I could be a racist, and you could argue all you want. But there is nothing wrong with me being a racist. But you are being racist yourself by promoting aboriginal people over other Australians. Checkmate, Brian. But anyhoo... my post was more xenophobic than anything. I do have a problem with some aboriginal cultures, just as I do with some other non-aboriginal cultures.

Aborigines do not get treated like crap. They are quite the privileged race in Australia. The problem being is that they don't hold the value systems that non-aboriginal, on average. Hospitals, legal aid, jobs, police encounters, they all have to go easy on the treatment of aboriginal people. How many times have you been late night shopping only to find aboriginal teens wandering about the supermarkets with nothing to do other than to hassle other shoppers? How often do you find that the security can't do much but tell them to move on, unless the teens start causing real trouble. Imagine white youths going around hassling shoppers. They would get thrown out on their ears in no time.

I have had a more challenging life than aboriginal people. The only reasons for people of any race having trouble in life are drug and alcohol abuse, criminality, attitude problems, and an unwillingness to change. I could probably learn to speak another language within the time it takes some people to turn their lives around and act right. But, since you want to excuse a particular racial demographic like aborigines, and tell them that they are worse off for no other reason than being aboriginal, that makes Brian Ross a racist.

Tsk, tsk, Brian. You can't come back from that.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #90 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 4:35am

goldkam wrote on Feb 25th, 2018 at 9:01pm:

Again

Blanketing a statement across a whole culture is not factual and not reasonable. Just as you don't blanket a statement that all men are perpetrators of domestic violence, just as you don't blanket a statement that all priests are child molesters, just as you don't blanket a statement that all Muslims are terrorists, just as you don't blanket a statement that all children are excellent at using technology.

So according to you Indigenous people such as Cathy Freeman, Eddie Mabo, Adam Goodes, Evonne Goolagong-Cawley, Neville Bonner and David Unaipon were all parasites to our community, to our country.

As for yourself, respect quite simply is earned and you are yet to earn it. What you state is not a matter of opinion, it is a matter of hate and a conditioning of hate towards a minority in society. I say this.....you don't need to agree nor accept what or who they are you just need to respect it. That starts with using factual information, not using demonising terms and expressing your point in a respectful manner.

You know nothing of me.
But a little gem for you to ponder.

I have worked for 45 years, paying massive tax, because of my income over $600,000.00 in tax over the last 17 years alone.
I own everything I have, paid for by working and saving.
I have the perfect wife who I love dearly.
I have three wonderful children who I also love dearly
I volunteer several times a month for a very worthwhile organisation.
I give aid when people need it and openly refuse it when they don't.
I have never been in gaol, or even arrested.
I do not drink, smoke or take drugs.

Everything I have I have worked for and paid in full.
I hate PARASITES,
I hate criminals riminals who think they have some right to steal someone's hard earned property.
I hate people who think that they have it tough and that everyone owe them a living.
You succeed by hard work and perseverance.

I had no silver spoon, i struggled for everything and went without to succeed.
No special Abbo free education for me, I paid all the way.

I expect nothing other than to be left alone and not to have to fund PARASITES.

Millions have done what I have done, we get nothing but bleating from the PARASITES who want, but do not work.

Respect is earned.
I don't expect respect, because PARASITES don't respect themselves, so they will never respect me.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

goldkam

Australian Politics

Reply #91 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 4:51am

Valkie wrote on Feb 26th, 2018 at 4:35am:
goldkam wrote on Feb 25th, 2018 at 9:01pm:

Again

You know nothing of me.
But a little gem for you to ponder.

I have worked for 45 years, paying massive tax, because of my income over $600,000.00 in tax over the last 17 years alone.
I own everything I have, paid for by working and saving.
I have the perfect wife who I love dearly.
I have three wonderful children who I also love dearly
I volunteer several times a month for a very worthwhile organisation.
I give aid when people need it and openly refuse it when they don't.
I have never been in gaol, or even arrested.
I do not drink, smoke or take drugs.

Everything I have I have worked for and paid in full.
I hate PARASITES,
I hate criminals riminals who think they have some right to steal someone's hard earned property.
I hate people who think that they have it tough and that everyone owe them a living.
You succeed by hard work and perseverance.

I had no silver spoon, i struggled for everything and went without to succeed.
No special Abbo free education for me, I paid all the way.

I expect nothing other than to be left alone and not to have to fund PARASITES.

Millions have done what I have done, we get nothing but bleating from the PARASITES who want, but do not work.

Respect is earned.
I don't expect respect, because PARASITES don't respect themselves, so they will never respect me.

You did everything but address the question I posed, I never doubted that you nor anyone else hasn't worked for what they have had or gotten.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #92 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 12:24pm

Matty doesn't respect himself, Goldkam, so it's hard for him to respect others.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #93 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 12:57pm

When you run a campaign of intimidation and public unwarranted vilification against any who oppose or even wish to discuss a proposition put forward - for example that there was some 'organised Aboriginal resistance', or that there was 'genocide', or that the actions and ravings of certain religion-based ideological groups is self-labeling itself as violent and deadly etc, or that oddball 'genders' are actually treated the same as regards marriage since they have the same rights already to marry one of the opposite gender as man and woman - you create an environment in which discussion of REAL issues pertaining to those groups is not allowed, and is even attacked and publicly vilified.  Furthermore you allow nonsense sound bites and emotive one-liners to take over from reasoned discussion.

Might be better to place all those Aboriginal recalcitrants into a specified area of desert of their own, and say to them - "Go - do your thing in your own traditional way - separate from the rest who have no interest in your nonsense - and BTW - since your culture does not utilise minerals etc, there are no mineral rights for you."

Same with the Mussos who want to behead people - turn them loose in their own spot of desert and let them go at it to their heart's content....... on one another first and foremost, which is about what they're good for.

Give the gays a Pink Precinct mini-state where they can enjoy the fun of their own thing all the time without any concern.

― John Adams

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #94 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 3:47pm

Discuss matters by all means, Graps.  Just be respectful in your language.  No resorting to insulting names or words.   Treat them as your equals and I will be quite willing to take part.  Problem is racists (and fools) like to troll and intimidate with their use and misuse of language, so I treat them with the contempt they deserve.   When they stop, I will stop.  Simples, really.   Until then, it is more of the, "Oh, dearie, dearie, me" and the, "tsk, tsk."   Nothing gets through to them so I may as well amuse myself.   Serious discussion is treated seriously. 

IP Logged

President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #95 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 7:19pm

Quote:
I've warned for years that the 'stolen generations'
myth
kills Aboriginal children.

Jeremy Sammut of the Centre for Independent Studies:

Child protection authorities are particularly reluctant to remove indigenous children from even obviously and highly dysfunctional circumstances because the response to the Stolen Generations has led them to turn a blind eye to the ­social breakdown and chaos that is self-evident in some indigenous ­communities.

The 1996 Australian Human Rights Commission’s Bringing Them Home report blamed the “stealing” of Aboriginal children
on the racism of white social workers.
  Roll Eyes

Relying on the Western notion of the nuclear family, they were accused of failing to understand Aboriginal family practices, such as lax parenting styles and the raising of a child by extended members of the whole “village”, which were labelled as neglectful and grounds for child removal.

The influence of Bringing Them Home has led child protection authorities to adopt a “culturally aware” approach that en­courages them to downplay par­ental problems, explain away the dysfunction in indigenous communities and justify
leaving children in ­unsafe circumstances from which they should be removed.

This is echoed by the leaked 2014 memo obtained by News Corp, revealing that child protection staff had not only ignored but also had officially approved instances of underage girls sleeping with older men “on cultural grounds”

******* disgraceful...  Angry

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print